Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 05:12 PM   #31  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

THAT"S IT!! NO MORE MAMMOGRAMS FOR ME!!!!!!! (snicker)
Old 09-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #32  
Imagine...

can you imagine having that happen to you...I would just die. or gnaw the darn thing off to get free!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:13 PM   #33  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ouch! I haven't had one yet, and now I am scared....

I am having a bad boob day. They just looked huge in the shirt I was wearing, and my bra was doing a funny rippley seam thing.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:47 PM   #34  
In Control: E+R=O

Quote:
Originally posted by squeaker
Twodog - Has it been longer then 6 years?
Squeak....that's a pretty good estimate ~hanging head in shame~ I have promised myself that I will make an appointment before the end of this year.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:52 AM   #35  

AW 2Dog, nobody here is going to judge you. I've gone longer than that in the past myself. We love you!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:32 AM   #36  
In Control: E+R=O

Thanks den! That's what I love about this place....everyone's accepted for who they are, good and bad all together, and no one is judged. I don't have to hide all my foibles (that's my new word for the day....), and believe me I have a few!
Old 09-04-2003, 07:51 AM   #37  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I've had a mammogram already due to a health scare I had a while back. I didn't find it that bad - maybe cause my boobs are small -but the darned machine was freezing!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:51 AM   #38  

I know it is more and less painful for different people. Glad your experience wasn't too bad!! My MIL once had the top panel FALL on her breast.....OUCH!!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #39  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Old 09-04-2003, 10:48 PM   #40  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Not too much going on here - same s, different day. I did pick up Zoo Tycoon, which is a lot of fun.

Twodog - It took me 6 years to go back to the dentist. I still haven't made a doctors appointment - and that is probably 6 years too. The only doctor I see on a regular basis is my GYN.
And you don't have to worry about us judging. We don't do that

I may pop in during work tomorrow - but I won't be home until Sunday. Have a good weekend chickies!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:26 AM   #41  
WW Moderator

I have to make a comment about the mammograms...I haven't had one yet, but will probably be scheduled one this year since I am 35 now. However, I can't imagine that it would be as bad as:

1. Having your gyno measure your ovaries by HAND. (been there)

2. Vaginal ultrasound, affectionately referred to by me as the
X-Ray Dildo. The only thing that makes it worse is having a shy tech that apologizes for having to 'look' to insert it! I wasn't embarrassed until then! I guess I'll know in a few months...and you guys will be the first I share it with!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:44 AM   #42  
Must Shrink.

Angry

I am back!!! It's been months and I've been eating like crazy.

I'm Back on Track, joined a women's circuit place and hopefully I can work on my 10 + pounds that I've gained. Actually more like 15.

I really want my autumn clothes to fit comfortably!

Today I make Vegetable soup.

Life is so free again now that my 4 kids are back to school. Maybe my house will regain some order, I hope anyway. It's been chaos since July, with me working more this summer and the kids home alone undoing any order in their wake.

I now have 2 in high school, and 2 in junior school. And me still in college!

Oh well, life's like that!

Yuck to the hand-measuring of the ovaries!!!! Sounds so very painful. The worst thing that has happened to me to date was when my bladder kept getting cut off in the 12th week of my 4th pregnancy (tipped uterus) and I had to keep going to emerg for a cathater to drain my urine. 1.5 litres at a time. Nothing like being pregnant and not being able to urinate.

Lois

Last edited by Lamorgan; 09-05-2003 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:22 AM   #43  

Height: 5'-2"

Lois, we've missed you, sweetie! How dare you leave us! What a HORRIBLE story! Hey, are you enjoy the circuit training?

Jennifer, I'm 38 and have never had one. Does that mean I need a mammogram?

Squeak, you're always leaving!! I forget... is this pleasure or business? (NOT both!)
Hey, we got our son Zoo Tycoon. I play it, too. It's a riot! We got the add-ons, too. Marine and Dinosaur. Those damned monkeys keep escaping. I do NOT approve of zoos in real life, but this is fun. Have you put a polar bear in with the seals yet? Lots of action.

Twodog, I'm going to make a dentist appointment this fall. Our dentist's office called about 8 months ago and left a message (that we were about 3 years overdue), and I've saved it to remind me to call. Shall we make this one of our goals?

Den, you worked yesterday! Good for you! Do you feel a little better now?

love and hugs to all... must get the kids up for school...
Old 09-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #44  
Must Shrink.

I kind of went awol all over the place this summer... the cooler weather brings me back to my computer and hot cup of tea.

I'm 41 on the 15th and haven't had a mammogram. Because my eldest sister died of colon cancer I'm supposed to get the test where they send a camera up my but to make sure all is well. Haven't done that yet.

(bletch)

My old jeans fit me this morning, haven't had them on since spring when they were a tad to tight.

The circuit is good, in and out in around 30 minutes, only $40 / month. Affordable, and flexible.

It's good at trimming inches.

See ya later!

Lois
Old 09-05-2003, 08:54 AM   #45  
Imagine...

hehehe zoo tycoon, I usually don't like zoos either, they make me sad. Think I will check it out as my nephew's birthday is coming up.

Hi Mauvais, Squeak, Ruth, Ellis, Lidian, Den,2dog and everyone else...wow the list is long...have a GREAT weekend!
Closed Thread