Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:07 AM   #46  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome back Lois!

Ellis - I know, I have been out a lot this summer. This weekend I will be in Barrie, Ont. for Edgefest - an all day concert with The Hip, Our Lady Peace, Sloan, and a few other bands. Sis#2 and I are going. Drive up tonight, concert tomorrow, home Sunday. Next weekend I will be missing for part of it too. I have a wedding to go to. Then it may actually be quiet again. I picked up the whole Zoo collection. I have only played a few of the scenario games. I like real zoos, if they are very well done - big, natural habitats etc. I am more worried about the hunting/poaching that goes on in the wild.
How are you now the kids are in school again?

Den - How are you? Remeber we need to get moving

Jennifer - They wanted to give me a vaginal ultrasound, but I had freaked out so much over the regular gyn exam, they decided against it. I was only 17.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:07 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Lamorgan, the up your butt isn't that bad. They give you nice relaxing drugs and you can watch it on the screen. My doctor thought I was nuts but when do you get a chance to see inside your body. I wanted a copy for Christmas presents but he refused! Frass him if he can't take a joke. Damn, I'm due for one again soon.

Been stalling this morning on journalling and getting out for my walk. Today will be busy because tomorrow I get to go to Ottawa to do some shopping and meet Mauvais and Ellis for dim sum lunch. Do you want us to report on the goodies or not? We could take pistures and make you drool on the screen.

Have a super Friday, everyChick!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #48  

Hi everyone!

This'll be quick as it is grocery day (yuck, so boring! but maybe I will find they have restocked the Boca burgers!)...glad the weekend is almost here, though I have volunteered to make potato salad and brownies for a BBQ on Saturday. I don't care about the first, but I had better keep away from the brownies! I have been tracking my food and walking a LOT but seem not to have lost an ounce! Ugh.

Talk to you later! Lidian XXX
Old 09-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #49  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh that's right... Edgefest! Have fun, Squeak! Nice to have sisters, huh?
Thank you, I am regaining my sanity (literally... can't count on the drugs to do it all! ) now that the kids are back in school.

Oh yeah... pictures, Ruth. I think you and I are a little smaller this year. That Mauvais is ALWAYS slim. That GORGEOUS Mauvais!

Lidian, it'll come off... keep up the walking... you're doing great!

Sflake, your nephew would probably love Zoo Tycoon. On my walk this morning I accidentally bought myself a new game. Big Biz Tycoon. It was only 20 bucks, and I felt in need of a little pick-me-up. Better than buying food, anyhow.

Where is everyone?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:09 AM   #50  
Imagine...

Thats ok Ellis my dh just accidentally bought me a motorcycle.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #51  

I just responded to you in the other thread, Sflake. Your DH sounds like a sweetie.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #52  
Come on Spring!

Mine never buys me stuff accidentally! Sh

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 09-05-2003 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #53  
Imagine...

he's sweet but its alot of money to spend on a whim.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #54  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ellis- ooh you are making me blush! You are just trying to butter me up so I'll let you eat more steamed dumplings on Saturday! You will have to take Ruthxxx and I to your little "shabby" but fabulous bakery and we are so going to that Times chinese shop -they have the coolest stuff there!

Have fun at Edgefest Sqeaker!

Hi to everyone else

Glad you are back Lois!
Old 09-05-2003, 07:15 PM   #55  
Hot Stuff

Hey, Lamorgan is back! Good to see you! Don't sweat the colonoscopy. The prep is the worst part!

Ruth, ellis, and mauvais, have a great time!

squeak, one of these times you have to let me know when you're coming to Ontario and we can swing a coffee in there somewhere. Enjoy the concert!

Hi to everyone! Just a fly-by posting!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:38 PM   #56  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Have to keep this quick, busy day!!!

Lamorgan-LONG TIME NO SEE!!! We missed you sweetie! Glad to see you back.

Jennifer-VAGINAL ULTRASOUND!! My boss calls that, "A date without flowers."
I actually didn't mind that as much as a mammogram! (But I had a female tech. I think if a guy had been doing it I would have felt differently!!) The WORST test I've ever had was a uterine biopsy. EEEKK!!! Came home and laid out on the couch with a blankie sucking my thumb after THAT one!!

Squeak-Ate like a today and DIDN'T move. Worked for a while though!!

Ellis, Mauvais and Ruth-HAVE FUN TOMORROW!!!!! Wish I could be there (whine)

Sflake-YEESH! I wish MY hubby would do that!!! (there are a few nice alexandrite rings on ebay that would accidently look VERY nice on my hand!!!)

Lidian, Wildfire and the rest of you nutty chicks-HELLO!!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:43 AM   #57  

At last, Saturday! Of course I am up early grabbing a little computer time, did mean to sleep in but am wide awake. Getting used to getting up early for school I guess.

I can't think of ANYTHING interesting to say! I am going to have to get some coffee going. I really OUGHT to go for a nice lil run, but it is too dark out yet. And I am planning to get some supportive orthotic insole thingies for my running shoes this weekend, so I might wait till I have them. Don;t want any knee problems this fall!

Talk to you all later! Have a wonderful weekend if I don't manage to wrestle the computer back from the rest of the family. We just got Alchemy (computer game) and the girls are going to want to play later, I know (me too!)

Lidian
Old 09-06-2003, 07:02 AM   #58  
Imagine...

Morning Lidian I too am up way to early...so much for sleeping in...
Must get moving...so much to do today! Enjoy the weekend everyone
Old 09-06-2003, 07:11 AM   #59  

Den, what's a uterine biopsy? Is this story something that you'd be telling us around the dim sum table? And shall I slip a word to your sweet DH re: the alexandrite rings?

Quick note to Mauvais and Ruth. I was going to clean the house this morning in anticipation of your visit, but I bought myself a new computer game yesterday, and it's calling my name. Please expect filth on your arrival.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:59 AM   #60  
Come on Spring!

Oh, house filth! I thought you had some dirty jokes. I am still giggling over Ethel in the nursing home.

A uterine biopsy is when they snip a bit to check it out. Not fun!

And Lidian, I read in the paper yesterday that you folks at that end of the province are happier than those of us in this end because the frassing sun does not get up as early. We are bright enough for walks before 6 around here but are miserable because of it!

Mauvais and Ellis, I'll see you around 11:30. I'm bringing a few tomatoes and some basil. Hope you can use it and them!

Happy weekend, alternachicks.
Closed Thread