Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 09:37 AM   #61  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ruthxxx, I never turn down tomatoes and basil

Ellis- Don't worry about it hon- we are coming over to see you not your house!
Old 09-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #62  

Height: 5'-2"

Okay, well I've just discovered a hole in my shirt under my right arm, so don't look TOO carefully.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:32 PM   #63  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-For this one they put in a bunch of liquid and suctioned it all out at once. They biopsied everything they suctioned out. DAMN it hurt. The doctor kept saying, "Just another minute, are you okay?" I wanted to scream, "[email protected]# NO!" and hit him, and I'm not usually a violent person!!!

Ellis-Might be overkill since i have been showing him every single ring i like!!!!
(But I appreciate the thought!!) Once I told an office mate of his (who had just bought his wife an emerald necklace) "Suggest to him that he buy me some emerald earrings." Sure enough, a week later he said to Clark, "You should buy Karen some emerald earrings." Didn't work!!!! Love that guy for doing it though!!!! (AND YES, I would have talked about it at lunch, I'm GROSS that way. have learned to tone it down though since hubby has a delicate stomach.)

HAVE FUN DIM SUMING!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:02 PM   #64  

Too funny about the earrings, Den.
Oh, listen. You'd fit right in with Ruth. Some of the gorey stuff she talks about while we're EATING... !?
Old 09-06-2003, 10:42 PM   #65  
In Control: E+R=O

Oh geez, I thought I broke the board!! I typed a message, then when I tried to post it I got the "page cannot be displayed" message, and couldn't get back in for a couple of minutes! Now I have to try to remember what I said....and my short term memory is really bad these days!

Where has my beautiful fall weather gone?? It was 91 degrees today, and is supposed to be 96 tomorrow! This isn't Florida for pete's sake, it's North Dakota! (You all can remind me of this in January when I'm complaining about 25 below! )

sflake, it's so cool that your DH accidently bought you a motorcycle!! What a great guy!

Ellis, Ruth, and Mauvais, I hope you had a great time together today! I'm so jealous, I would have loved to be there too (for the dim sum, of course! )

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:27 AM   #66  

Twodog, it's warm here, too!
Thank you... we had a great time, and I wish you'd been with us, too.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:45 PM   #67  
Spreadin' the luv.

Wink Lurking Phase Over

Hey, ladies.

Uh, thanks for the info. on mammograms. I'm 28, have e-NOR-mous gazungas, and am NEVER getting a mammogram. Ever.

Just kidding. Better to snuggle up to a cold freezer and get mushed than have them rot off, I guess. Ew.

And speaking about female exams, what in **** is with the speculums (specula, speculae?)? They can't open them gradually, ever! It's in, you hear some clicking then *SNAP* - you're wide open. Ow. And they're cold.

I hate all things medical.

B'Elanna Torres would never submit to such humiliation. But then, in Star Trek Land you just get scanned all the time and get injected with that hissy thing, no matter what your ailment. They probably use the transporter to deliver babies.

I think I need more sleep...
Old 09-07-2003, 01:46 PM   #68  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am home, and tired, but still in one piece.

I'll be back to catch up later.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:47 PM   #69  
WW Moderator

Ooooh, Oooh, did somebody say pictures? I love chick-meet pictures. Did you get any of the dim-sum fest? Or of the hole is Ellis' shirt?

Ellis, some doctors think 35 is the magic number for a baseline mammogram. I'm not sure I agree! Might as well though. I've had everything else examined by strangers in bright lights (those would be strangers wearing scrubs and nametags!), why should my boobs be any different?
Old 09-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

I was a nurse in a dr's office for awhile back in the 80's and the youngest person we had to get breats cancer was 30. It was found on her marriage physical.... Don't wait too long, especially if there's family history.

Well, nothing like a newbie coming on here and depressing every one. Sorry.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:38 PM   #71  
In Control: E+R=O

Musings while watching the Vikings beat up the Packers this afternoon......this is the last football season where I, a short woman, will weigh as much as some of the football players!!! Granted, I'm comparing myself to smaller football players, but still.......they're football players!
Old 09-07-2003, 05:09 PM   #72  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Cerise-Try to find a doctor who'll warm it up.....some do! (under the light, if they are male and breath heavily on it run the other way.....) I HATE mammograms, but I still do them. Better safe than dead!!!

Squeak-WELCOME BACK!! Tell us how much fun you had. (Lie if you have to) I live vicariously!!!!

2Dog, Cheryl, Jennifer, mauvais, Ruth and all the rest of you alternachicks.....HI!!
Old 09-07-2003, 06:12 PM   #73  

Chervata, if we like you, you're never a newbie. We like you.

Okay, Jennifer... I'll get right on it with the mammogram. shudder. Right after I make an appointment with my dentist. brrrrrrr.

Cerise, those "spoons" are horrible! No man would put up with that torture!

Welcome back, Squeak! Like Den, I don't get out much, so tell us all.

Hey, girls! My sweet DH is making me scallops. I've been instructed to cook frog's legs for dinner tomorrow night. DD has never had them, and is intrigued. I've never cooked them before. I hope I don't heave while I'm doing it.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:46 PM   #74  
Hot Stuff

Gawd, ellis.....frogs legs???

I guess I'm weird. I'd rather visit the dentist than have my yearly physical. And I am terrified of the dentist! Or was. Maybe I'm just used to the pain now? I have a GREAT dentist who caters to chickens like me. I actually keep my six month check-up appointments now. How warped is THAT?

Haven't had the pleasure of a mammogram yet, as the magic number 35 is a year away. I do have a breast exam done by the doctor each year, though.

Why don't men have to be humiliated like we do? Bad enough we have to walk around bleeding for 7 days a month (on average). But geez...pap tests, mammograms, vaginal ultrasounds, biopsies....all they normally do (if they go to the doctor at all!) is stand up and cough.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #75  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Froglegs! I have heard they taste just like chicken!

Ellis, Ruthxx and I had a fun day on Saturday:

We had a great lunch consisting of many steamed dumplings-shrimp, pork, beef followed by and sticky rice wrapped in palm leaves, curried squid, chicken buns, shrimp wrapped in seaweed, eggrolls, shrimprolls, shrimp on a slice of green pepper, shrimp ball (can you tell we all like shrimp) and tea. I probably missed something. It was all very delicious and the company was great! We chatted and laughed a lot and had a great time.

We also did some shopping. We hit a chinese giftshop, I bought some lemon/salt almonds from the Iranian store, Ellis bought coffee at the Lebanese bakery and Ruthxxx bought some groceries at the chinese market and the Indian food store.

Ellis got this nice little dress/jacket combo and I bought some sari fabric from and Indian fabric store to make a skirt and veil for my bellydance class.

I swear Ellis and Ruthxx, we have got to do this more often!
Closed Thread