Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:45 AM   #121  

Height: 5'-2"

Ah, ****. There's a herd of honkin' mice under our bed. They've been rustling around for a couple of nights now. I was just woken up by some sort of freakin' mouse rodeo.
I was hoping it might be close to being morning, but it's only 1:30. damn. I'm NOT sleeping up THERE! DH can deal with them.
We set a trap this evening, but they're not interested. damn. I wonder if it would be safe to sleep outside...
crap.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:37 AM   #122  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Ellis,
Make little cowboy suits for your guests, charge admission and make some money before you have them terminated. Mouse rodeo, hmmm! Just might work.!
Nice to see all you chicks again.
Virginia
Old 09-11-2003, 08:13 AM   #123  
Imagine...

I can take almost anything except.....rodents! Ellis, cowboy suits (hehehe) or maybe a cat.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:26 AM   #124  

Ellis, do you have a cat? Our two, who are the laziest things you ever saw, do in fact catch mice when we have the odd one...about 3 weeks ago I was up late on the computer downstairs and the cats were making the worst hissy growling noise and chasing what I thought was a toy (I wasn't looking at them & the room was dark) but when I went upstairs an hour later they were sitting on the landing with a little you-know-what lying there between them. They always bring them to our bedroom door, so it is good that DH usually gets up first! I woke him up (it was 3 am! poor thing was fast asleep!) and he got rid of it. He said once one of the cats had it in her mouth and growled when he tried to take it, though. Anyway, cats are good! And supposedly the cat-scent puts mice off (though not entirely, as you see).

Lidian
Old 09-11-2003, 12:17 PM   #125  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A rodent rodeo? How terribly cute! Reserve me a copy of the video.

Yesterday is over and done with and today is cranking along. Harry is still confused, of course, but I did get a sleep last night. I gave him an Equal tablet when he started obsessing about missing pills! A little aspartame won't hurt him! I feel like I am dealing with a tall three-year old with OCD and a fantastic vocabulary but no Thesaurus!

Would you believe I stubbed my toe and am pretty damn sure it's broken! Grrr! It hurts like **** and the extra-strength Tylenol have made me a bit pukey. Maybe I'll have a double Caesar for lunch! I know damned well that if I go to the doc, he'll send me to The Falls for an x-ray and they won't be able to do anything anyhow! I'll see how it feels later today or maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #126  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm sure many of you already have, but if you do one thing for yourself this year, go get a Swedish massage. My hubby got me one for my Birthday in August and I am just getting around to using it now. I came home, grabbed an envelope out of the drawer and immediately started a massage fund for myself. Once every three months I will get a massage. It was the best thing I have ever had done to this old body. The therapist I had was fantastic, make sure you get a reputable one however. She was great, and cute too! Bonus! She could tell just from the tension in my body which muscles needed to be worked and work them she did. I can not say enough, you have to do it. Do not say you can't afford it. I am putting only $5 a week away for three months and that will do it. Your bodies are worth it!

Virgina
Old 09-11-2003, 03:20 PM   #127  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Arrgh! Your poor toe Ruthxxx!
Old 09-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #128  

Height: 5'-2"

What the **** is with this heat?! Not to complain or anything, but it's damned hot out there!

Ruth, I can't believe you broke your toe. You know what THAT'S all about. It's to keep your mind off your worries.
Hugs, sweetie...

I just woke up from a nap, and I'm feeling very disoriented. I had arguments with a number of people while I was sleeping, and I'm quite exhausted.
A double caesar, huh? That's what I need. A drink. I've only had three beers all summer. And no real drinks. Maybe a little Glenlivet...
I wonder if mice like Glenlivet.
They still haven't entered the trap. It's this "tippy trap". Or something. In theory, they enter it to get the peanut butter (a favourite in our neighbourhood, according to a neighbour) at the back of the trap, and the trap tips slightly, causing the door to close. DH then drives the mouse to work, and lets it go free.

No, Lidian. No cats. Only cat allergies. Sounds as though you've got good ones.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:45 PM   #129  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

ALLEGIES DON'T MATTER. CATS MATTER. Sorry, but we all have cat allergies here (most of us anyhow!!!) and we can't live without cats. The allergist actually told me to get rid of ours (we had 2 at the time.) and I said, "I suppose you'd tell me to get rid of my KIDS if I was allergic to THEM?!?"
You could always get one of the hairless variety. They are so strange looking they SCARE the mice away!!!!

Ruth-BUMMER!! That is about the LAST thing you need right now. The equal tablet was a brilliant idea!!!
Closed Thread