Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:54 AM   #1  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Just another quick fly by before I start doing work.

I swear after this weekend my life is quiter and I will be able to hang out here more often.

Ruth - DON'T let them xray your toes. It was very painful. Then they just confirm it is broken, and tell you they can't do anything about it. Broke mine twice. Hope Harry is feeling a better!

Ellis - Glenlivet Give that to the mice, then they might leave. Never got a taste for scotch.

Hi to the rest of the chicks!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:45 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Squeak!

Geez... John Ritter died.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:43 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Ellis~And Johnny Cash also just died. Thats 2, they say it comes in 3s...Maybe your famous rodeo mice will be next.

Squeak~I'm with you, never got the taste for scotch or bourbon or whiskey. I'm strictly wine, beer or sometimes rum. Hope your life settles down a bit.

Den~the same thing at my house everyone is allergic & medicated so we can have 2 cats, or actually so they can have us.

Lidian ~our cats do the same thing...bring them to us, then get pissy when dh takes the mice away. Nothing worse then cats with attitude

Ruth~ ((((hugs))))

Virginia~what a great idea, I know I won't miss $5 a week

Mauvais~Hi, How is your Mom doing? better I hope :
Old 09-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sflake-Also Warren Zevon.....
Old 09-13-2003, 08:13 AM   #5  
Imagine...

your right Den, I guess I'm blocking that one out
Old 09-13-2003, 08:54 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick . I'm hangin' in!
Old 09-13-2003, 11:25 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Ruthxxx! How is Harry doing?

BTW my mum is getting better everyday. I went downstairs for a cup of tea which turned into a 4 hour discussion with both her and my dad of current affairs, health and dieting, and what is wrong with youth today and that they need something to do instead of hanging out in the street and getting into trouble - and my dad's stories of how he grew up in the 40'/50's in the slums of Glasgow and what saved him and his friends was being in the in the Boys Bridgade (that's Scouts to us North Americans), my mum's speech is much better and she is less slurry and has stopped stumbling over words and her arm is back to normal.

The doctors told her that the effects of her TIA would fade and they are so I have faith that the same will happen for your Harry

Hugs and prayers for both of you!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:01 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Mauvais, glad your mom's doing well.

Ruth...hang in there.

Sflake - someone told me that dog have owners; cats have a staff.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:16 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone!

It is 4 a.m. here and I just got home from Montreal. DH's band played at a club there. I drove down at around 1 on Saturday afternoon and spent some time window shopping and then had dinner before heading over to the club.

I got some good leads on some cool shops that I plan on going to with my girlfriends when we do a "leave the men at home and go on a road trip to Montreal day" !

Problem is that we had coffee before we left and now I can't sleep! So now I am sitting up and waiting for DH to get back from dropping off his gear at his rehearsal space - If anyone calls me before noon tomorrow( which is actually now today) they are in big trouble!
Old 09-14-2003, 06:34 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

It's 6:30 AM. I wonder if Mauvais is up? Shall I give her a call?

Ruthie, glad you're hanging in there.

And Mauvais, that's wonderful news about your Mom.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:13 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mauvais, telling me about your Mum is very encouraging and you must be so relieved to see her progress.

I'm hanging in there with Harry. My Ottawa doctor pal is going to get him a CT scan at the Civic asap. It's nice to have friends in high places although I feel guilty about using influence to push to the front of the line! Well, guilty for three seconds!

Hey, Ellis, I'll leave now and we can go bang on M's door and insist she go out for dim sum. I bet she would! We'd even let her bring the hunk!

Have a good Sunday, chickies.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:15 PM   #12  

Ellis and Ruthxxx...um yeah ...I think not!

It is now 1:10 p.m.and I just got out of bed and put the coffee on I finally went to bed when DH got home at 5a.m. The "Hunk" is still sleeping

Just livin' the rock and roll lifestyle

I bought the SBD book this week and DH has agreed to give it a try so we are off to do the groceries for it this afternoon!

My, can I use anymore smillies in this post? Oh, yes I can!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 09-14-2003 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:16 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I'm home again. Had a wonderful time at the wedding. It was so amazing to watch 2 people who adore each other so much.

Let Mauvais sleep! Glad you had fun. What an exciting rock star life you lead. And I am glad mom is doing so well!!!

Ruth - I hope everything goes well with the CT. And don't feel bad. Glad you are hanging in there.

Ellis - Where did you take your yoga class? I am thinking for joining but dont know where to start looking...

Den & Sflake - I've been listening to Warren all week.

Well I am off to organize some more stuff. I am really trying to clean out up apt. I think it will take all fall.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #14  
In Control: E+R=O

Happy Sunday Alternachicks! Cool and rainy here today, I love the cooler weather and we needed the rain.

Mauvais, I'm so happy to hear the your Mom is doing better! I think you'll like SBD, that's what I'm doing and I can definitely see this becoming my WOL for forever and not just a "diet" to be on until I reach goal. Be sure to let us know how it goes for you and your hunk!

Ruth, you and Harry are in my prayers every day. Don't feel guilty about using your contacts to help get speedier service....anyone else would do the exact same thing without hesitation! Sometimes it definitely pays to have friends in high places. Hope you get good news from the CT scan.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 09-14-2003, 05:29 PM   #15  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi everyone! I know I fell off the face of the earth. I do stop by once a week to see what is going on with everyone. I spent the last week cleaning the inside of the house. I have never cleaned so many days in a row in my life! I gave up caffine and soda 9 days ago. We are still TTC. It isn't as easy in your mid 30's as it is in your early 20's! Hubby is working hard. We are content for now. We know it won't last for long. I miss city life. When hubby gets a promotion we could be transfered. Next time it is suburbs or city instead of country life. Well....Griffin turns 3 in 9 days! Time flies. Miss ya dolls! xoxox ~flower
Closed Thread