Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #271  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks Amy!

Yeah Ellis, it must be really tough to have Thanksgiving with Christmas right behind it. At least we have about 2 months to recover from our Thanksgiving feast before we have the Christmas eating whirl!

I am getting much better at the Christmas thing though. I used to start munching on chocolates and goodies from December 1st through New years Day but for the last 3 years I have started the week before Christmas and regulated the treats to one per day instead of eating whatever is available.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:22 AM   #272  
Amy Needs New Shoes

hahaha Thanks Ellis. Yup, we sure do go all out over here. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatos, pumpkin pie with whipped cream-and then we take a nap! And wake up and do it all over again! And Christmas is worse! Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, 3 kinds of pies and so much more! Thats kinda why I wanted to get some weight off before then so I could just enjoy myself and feel ok about it. I bought some good veggies to eat at work this week so I hope I can do better. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:26 PM   #273  
Waisting away

Hi all

Geez - this is the first time in a while that I've had time to post. WHAAAAA!!

First of all - Soozie - congrats on the perky boobs. I'm sure they must be inspirational. I've NEVER had perky boobs, no matter what size I was. *LOL*

I started talking about Yerba Mate. You can drink it as a tea but when I went to the health food store the clerk there suggested using it in pill form (along with other ingredietns like green tea, cayenne pepper, etc.). The yerba mate is supposed to help curb your appetite and give you energy. I think the energy thing might be working, althought I have also been exercising which always helps. But the hunger thing - NOT! Still hungry! But I'm not giving up on it yet.

Went to WW this week and stayed the same. That in itself is a success in my books.

My goal was to lose 4 pounds by Halloween. I don't that's going to happen but I plan on loosing SOMETHING!!

Anyway, gotta go to bed....so.....tired.

Bye everyone!
Old 10-24-2003, 07:40 AM   #274  

Teufelchen -- Yeah, maintaining IS a success. So many people lose for a while, but then gain it all back. Good for you.

I maintained too. Had three vegan days this week. But screwed up with two junk food vegetarian days Tue and Wed. Ah well. I'll do better next time.

Not gonna lose 4 pounds in one week, but still glad I did the challenge.

AR
Old 10-24-2003, 08:37 AM   #275  
Imagine...

I am so close....3 pounds away from my goal, fingers crossed.

to the losers & maintainers!
Old 10-24-2003, 09:35 AM   #276  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Good going on the maintenance chickies

Sflake-good luck with those 3 lbs
Old 10-24-2003, 11:01 AM   #277  
the kid's counting on me!

hi girls,
I usually do my official weigh-in on Monday so I'll post my official weight then but, I did jump on the scale today...and I'm at
173.5!!!!
wow, haven't seen that number for awhile...years...
I still feel like I'm retaining some post-op fluid but that is getting better, my belly is going back to it's normally puffiness instead of the huge balloon state that it was in for the past week.

So, hey, maybe I'll really make my Halloween goal of 169...4.5 pounds in one week is a bit too much but if I'm still hanging on to some post-op bloat and that comes off...and I lose one or two real lbs of chub...well, I 'll be really really happy even if I weigh 172 or 173 next week...and if my numbers keep slowing moving in the downward direction.

Love you,
Soozie
Old 10-24-2003, 11:24 AM   #278  
Work in Progress

I only reached half of my goal...that sucks. I did however keep on track, and am starting to work with a pilates trainer later today, so I don't feel the time is wasted......
Old 10-24-2003, 12:41 PM   #279  
the kid's counting on me!

Go Ro Go Ro.....
Old 10-25-2003, 12:58 PM   #280  
Work in Progress

Thanks Soozie!
I did the pilates yesterday and I am sore all over, it feels good. I am slowing losing the weight that I gained back from the original ten (was going between 8-10).

I am feeling better today, more positive then I have in a while....My new goal is that I have a complete OP week and do some exercise, I will call myself complete and then make my next goal.

I don't usually do things like this, and the accountability was great, even though I didn't do my original commitment, it was a great process for me to have.

I just love this board!!!

rb
Old 10-26-2003, 06:51 AM   #281  

Default Hello Again

I have been MIA for a few weeks now, but have been relatively OP during this time.

Between computer problems and working overtime I have not had the time to read or post.

But, I will make an extra effort to check in every couple of days.

I am happy to announce that I have exceeded my halloween challenge goal
goal was 10 lbs but I have somehow managed to lose 17 with five days left to go.

All the stories on this site have helped to inspire me and I want to thank you all.

Still a long way to go but the road is a lot easier to travel with the help of this site.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:07 AM   #282  

Congrats SilverDove, thats quite an accomplishment..you should be proud of yourself!!!!!~

So, how did you do it? Just diet and excersize combined? Any supplements?

Again COnGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 12:33 PM   #283  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YAY SILVERDOVE!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:57 PM   #284  
Waisting away

Yeah Silverdove!!! Way to go!!!

We always love to hear success stories. They help inspire us!

Aqua - you should be congratulated too. It's hard enough to lose weight. I don't think I could do it if I were to follow the vegan-vegetarian regim.

Go Soozie Go!!

Old 10-26-2003, 05:03 PM   #285  
Imagine...

Silverdove!
Closed Thread