Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:27 AM   #226  
the kid's counting on me!

flake, den, mauv, and ellis,
thanks for your support girlies!
Den...hang in there...oh gosh, did I just use the words "support" and "hang"
in my first two sentences...you can see where my mind is!

Just slow down and think about your choices today Den...before you put each thing on your plate or in your mouth...just slow down the process enough to really decide what you want and what you don't want...you can eat anything that you really want to eat...just don't eat without consciousness.

giving yourself permission to make those choices and being conscious of them can help...so, there's my motivating wisdom for the day. Just decide, do I want the immediate pleasure that I will receive from the sensations of eating this food or do I want to forgo that pleasure right now and choose to feel the pleasure of knowing that I am taking care of my body and my health and that I will be very happy with myself if I eat well and consciously...and that when I start to feel healthier I'll experience some serious pleasure and self satisfaction.

sometimes it goes together, you make a choice to eat some things and feel really good about both the tastes and sensations of eating and the resulting consequences of what those choices will do for your health...like, wow, this is yummy and it feels so great eating it because it fits right in with my plan.

okay...enough of that...love to each of you and I'll be back soon...
Soozie
Old 10-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #227  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks Soozie! It is feeling kinda rough right mow, and your support helps.
(In my case"hang" is more like it!!!!)
Old 10-10-2003, 12:09 AM   #228  
Waisting away

Hi everyone

Hey Soozie - I just wanted to wish you well with your operation.

I also wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcome!

Found myself to be a little hungry today. . Seems that I soon as I say out loud that I am going to stay on track I veer off a bit. *LOL*

Such is life.

Take care everyone
Old 10-10-2003, 08:05 AM   #229  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Cute pic Teufelchen!
Old 10-10-2003, 08:52 AM   #230  

Hi everyone.

Teufelchen -- Heh heh, yeah, why does saying we're going to do better out loud make us want to go eat a lot? Weird. And thanks for the words of support. I *know* being jealous of my friends is pointless, but it just kinda springs up from some dark place. It will pass.

Soozie -- Sending good thoughts your way. After pics? Ooo, ooo, post, post!

LOF -- Three pounds is great. That's like 1/3 of a dress size. I bet your clothes are fitting better.

Lost half a pound this week. Don't ask me how. I ate like crap because I gave up, emotionally speaking. Vegan week is shot. But I'm still doing OK for my exercise goal.

It's funny, when I ate like a pig all week and thought I was going to gain, my whole attitude changed. I ate junk food almost as a way to punish myself. I felt fatter (even though my clothes were looser) and I was crabby all week. Now that I know I lost half a pound I feel more cheerful and more resolute about changing my eating habits. I feel less fat. Makes you wonder about the power the scale has over us. Maybe after the Halloween challenge I'll change my scale habits.

Everyone have a good day,
AR
Old 10-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #231  
Waisting away

Thanks Mauvaisroux

I finally found something that I liked, went with my name and wasn`t too risqué. *LOL*

Bye for now everyone.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #232  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi ladies! I felt so virtuous yesterday. I managed to go the entire day without a soda! shocking! I had a diet coke this a.m. but I feel pretty good. Also, just wanted to show everyone that I finally got my photo to work as my avatar. So thats me. For now, until I'm skinny and cute! hehe. Thanks! Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-11-2003, 10:29 AM   #233  
Waisting away

Bonjour tout le monde!

Aquareggie - congrats on the weight loss. I remember doing WW years ago and I wasn't loosing weight. I talked to the leader and it turns out I wasn't eating enough (*LOL*) . So maybe your little loss of control (which probably wasn't as bad as you think) was a good thing. And I agree about you with the scale. I've had the very same thoughts myself and I shouldn't let the scale control me.

Shoequeen - good job with the avatar.

Well, I've got that second wedding tonight but if I don't drink any alcohol I should be all right. And tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in Canada and we are having a turkey, etc. Wish me strength girls.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadians and have a great Columbus day to all you Yanks!

Ciao
Old 10-11-2003, 11:32 AM   #234  

*Sending willpower vibes to Teufelchen* And I think you're right about not eating enough. I'm eating way fewer calories as vegan, and it takes a lot of energy to keep metabolizing at my heavy weight.

Amy, good for you for going w/o soda. It's amazing how much caffeine and calories that stuff has. Bloat ya up like a sponge toy that comes out of a capsule. (Anyone know what i'm talking about? )
Old 10-11-2003, 12:13 PM   #235  

LOL- yup, know about those sponge toy from planet capsule...those things were so fun..I used to get em all the time...
Old 10-11-2003, 12:24 PM   #236  
Work in Progress

I am checking in. I have stalled....and I know exactly why!! Sushi! While it is not bad for you, when you are lowcarbing, the rice in the rolls is killing me. I have not gained, but I am not losing. My guy loves sushi, and last night I found out they will make it without rice, so I am going to try that, because without the rice, it will work.

It is strange though that of all the things that I thought would be a problem for me, I didn't think that this was!! I am not eating sweets, breads, etc. but sushi? oh my!!!

The place we order from is great, they will do it to go and it is cheap! in the 30-40 range for more than enough. I am back on phase 1 just to get the system into losing mode again!! I am not sure that I will hit my 10% goal, but I will be happy to be back on the losing pattern and losing by the end of the month.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:03 PM   #237  

Hey girls...tomorrow I'll weigh-in...didn't do too well this weekend. We had company and so there were extra goodies in the house...and my DP....grrrr....I specifically asked her not to bring any junk food into the house because I was in major training, so to speak, for my surgery....and she bought HALLOWEEN candy...did she buy the crappy sugary stuff that I can resist like lollipops or sweet-tarts....NAH....she bought CHOCOLATE!!! UGH!

She opened the bags and put it into a glass container in the dining room with a sign on it that says...for thin people only...and for trick or treaters...all others beware...

Okay, I love her...but, that ain't right. When it comes to chocolate I have very minimal self control...and she knows this...sometimes I think she wants to sabotage my progress to keep me fat...and the fact that I'm going to have adorable boobs soon...even if the rest of me is still chunka-bunka may be intimidating to her...(sue's been looking great.i'll hide the candy-DP)

thanks DP...see what happens if you walk away from the computer for a moment...she jumped right in...good thing that we have no secrets...and
I'll love her just as much if I'm healthy and feeling great about my body

talk to you later girls...
Love, soozie.
ps...My sister will email Ellis after my surgery and she'll let you all know how I'm doing...
pss...thanks for the well wishes aquareggie and teufelchen...and welcome teufelchen...
Old 10-12-2003, 07:55 PM   #238  

Soozie-I think your DP is going to appreciate your adorable boobs as much as you are!!! I know what you mean though. DH came home with chips and beer today.....AND tortilla chips, "In case we were going to have nachos for dinner." (!!!!!!!!!)
Old 10-12-2003, 10:11 PM   #239  

condolences Den...partners...can't live with em can't live without em...
at least they're cute...
when they're sleeping...
that is if they're not snoring......
love, soozie
ps...so much for anonymity...did you see how my DP referred to me as
Sue, instead of soozie...
Old 10-13-2003, 01:04 AM   #240  

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I snore too though, so I can't really complain. HE STARTED IT THOUGH!!!!
Closed Thread