Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #166  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Rowan.
I'm so sorry you're sick.
Have you got a good therapist? It's not always easy to find one that you "click with". We're here if you need us, sweetie...
Old 09-24-2003, 11:22 AM   #167  
Work in Progress

ellis,
Thank you.....
I do have a great therapist, she is very language sensitive. She has been working with me on changing how I speak, to not speak as a victim, but to speak powerfully. That is why I don't say "lose" weight, because losing connotates that we need to find it....but honestly, these boards have been a lifesaver. I start and end my day on the boards and even sometimes if I have time at lunch I take a peek. It feels so wonderful to be accepted around the issues with my weight, it has given me more hope and acceptance that I ever have felt around my body. I am so grateful for the mix that I now have with the people that I have in my life right now...o.k. I will stop being mushy......

Thanks to EVERYONE
Old 09-24-2003, 11:26 AM   #168  
Imagine...

Rowan ~ I couldn't agree with you more! I have found some of the best people here at 3FC. BTW thanks for the weeds comments, yanno you are right again my friend I am coming out of my funk. I handle big stuff fine it's the little things the pile up and get to me. So I now I will think of them as weeds that must be pulled for the beautiful garden to emerge
Old 09-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #169  
It is what it is...

Default Hi

Hi everyone just checking in on the challenge, I am down 1.5 pounds in the last week , and I have been staying OP ( WW ) but this Monday ( 29th ) is my birthday and my husband is taking me out on Saturday night for my birthday and I will be eating whatever I want....JUST for that one day....plus I have started walking now so I am getting the exercise back into it which should help...I sometimes get discouraged on the WW plan but keep coming back to it as it makes so much sense for me...I like the freedom of what I can eat....

Sflake - hope things are getting better for you...

Rowan Bailey - I know all about the back pain thing...it is horrible I know...hope you are feeling better

Mauvais - Congrats on the pounds down...

Ellis, Ruthxxx, Twodog, Squeaker - Hi to you all....
Old 09-24-2003, 11:36 AM   #170  

Mauvais -- Congrats on your big loss and your ribbon! Doesn't it feel good to get rewards?

Ellis and 2dog -- Hey, we three are all around the same weight. I started at 180 (180.5 if I'm honest with myself ). I don't ever want to see 180 again. "180" was my highest weight ever. God, I still remember being fourteen years old, two years after I had stopped growing. I promised myself I would never let myself get over 140. And I managed to keep my weight steady for five years. Then I came home from Spring Break my fresh year in college... 163!!! I told myself never 160 again. Then at my wedding... 176! I told myself never 170 again. Well, you see all the good it had done me. So, here's an 8 oz. toast of water to you two, and goodbye to 180 forever.

All right, the past week I have eaten every other day vegan. Starting today I am going for one week vegan. Wish me luck.

Two days til I weigh in,
AR
Old 09-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #171  
Imagine...

to all!
Old 09-24-2003, 04:53 PM   #172  

Hi
Just checking in and having a read.

Hope everyone's doing better.

Day 2 of second week of phase one of SBD. I'm not liking it much. Very restricted and frustrating. I feel like I will soon turn into a head of lettuce.

Can I ask you all what plan/diet/program you're all on and why?

I would appreciate all your input

Thanks,

Robin
Old 09-24-2003, 06:31 PM   #173  

Height: 5'-2"

Rowan, your therapist sounds wonderful. And we're totally fine with mushy. Although it sometimes makes Ruth heave.

Sflake, I'm glad to hear you're coming out of your funk.

Hey, Satine! Congratulations on the 1.5 pounds! And have a wonderful birthday on Monday.

Okay, Aqua... no more 180! Did you hear that, Twodog?

Robin, I'm sorry you're finding SBD restrictive. My DH and I really like it. I feel much healthier for eating this way.

My daughter had an appointment with her psychiatrist today. Apparently the drugs for depression ARE working, and everything is GREAT!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:08 PM   #174  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks for the kudos everyone and congratulations to everyone who has lost this week

Sflake- glad you are feeling a little better

Ellis - Yay! So happy for you and your DD that things are getting better

Aquareggie- yeah, it feels good! just seeing that ribbon stuck to my fridge is encouraging me to stay OP!

Hope your back is feeling better Rowan and thanks for the nice words (mush, mush, mush ) about all of us.

Silverdove- I am on week two of Phase 1 of SBD. I am enjoying eating healthier and trying out the new recipes. I feel better not eating carbs but I know what you mean about turning into a head of lettuce - either that or a carton or eggs!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:10 AM   #175  
Work in Progress

i am checking in again....my back is still out, but it is better, i now have strep throat. I have a phone meeting at 8:00 in the morning that I cannot reschedule and a consultation that I can't reschedule at 10-12. Then I need to go shopping as my guy friend's mom is flying in tomorrow night and Friday we are cooking dinner for Rosh Hashana. I am sitting here having throat coat tea with some honey (not OP but my throat feels like sandpaper). Then I have a dozen people here for the holiday all the cooking and preparing the backyard....we are having dinner outside in my garden, it is so beautiful...we will light the chiminea (outdoor Fireplace). But I won't be able to speak!!! my guy friend will be thrilled! Maybe this is universe's way of telling me to shut up tee hee

I can't imagine how I am going to be able to stick to SBD for the next few days, so my commitment will be to eat as little carbs as possible, and then next Monday I will return to phase one for the detoxing.

sflake....I am so happy that I was able to remember that saying, it was very comforting to me when someone said it to me and even now at 3:00 in the morning with insomina...it continues to inspire me....

ellis...thanks for tip on Ruth and so happy that the meds are balancing out for your DD. I have a friend who suffers from clinical depression and she is adjusts her meds every quarter, usually around the change of seasons (not that we have that here in california unless you count going from smoggy to cold as a season). Funny enough, she is probably one of the most balanced people that I know because she is constantly checking in on herself. She also exercises consistently.

SilverDove, I do lowcarb/south beach. I do that because my body does not process sugar well at all. When I eat sugar I shake and my heart races and I get headaches and I am hungry all the time, I never feel satisfied. So for me, low carb works best, and even if I am not trying to shed the pounds, I try to stay off sugar. When I was young this woman who was this eccentric actress I used to babysit for her, she would run around the house yelling that sugar was worse than drugs! (found out later she was a speed freak, but it was the 70's and Hollywood--what can I say?), but I do think that sugar is an addictive drug like substance.

Well, I am going to try and lay down again, tea is done and see if I can catch some sleep....
Old 09-25-2003, 11:14 AM   #176  

Ellis, I luuuuurrrrve the drill seargant emoticon!

Robin, I am transitioning from vegetarianism to veganism. The why is for philosophical reasons -- I'm not a card-carrying PETA member or anything, but I believe in doing the best I personally can to make the world a better place. I don't plan on being super strict or going 100% every day for the rest of my life. Just doing what is reasonable for me. Also, I am finding that by eating vegan, I don't have to count calories to lose weight. I plan to add exercise; that might be my challege for next week. Originally I came here to lose weight, so I was counting calories, etc. But in the process, I had success with the occasional vegan day, so now that is my focus. I feel healthier, too.

OK, one day done for my vegan-week challenge. Six more to go. And tomorrow I weigh in.

AR
Old 09-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #177  

Hi ladies,
Thanks for your responses.
I'm feeling a little better about it all today.
I decided it was time for a weight check.
Well, ten days and 7 pounds.
I am extremely happy.
Will keep on going.
Thanks for all the help.
Have a great evening.
Robin
Old 09-26-2003, 07:54 AM   #178  

Hi everyone!

Real quick, before I run off to work... I lost one pound!!! This is the first time I've ever been able to lose weight without counting calories.

Day two of week long vegan challenge done. Wish me luck today.

AR
Old 09-26-2003, 08:00 AM   #179  
Imagine...

Rowan ~ I hope you are feeling better

Aquareggie & Silverdove & Satine

Ellis ~ What great news about your DD :
Old 09-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #180  
fairy princess

I'm jumping on a bit late here-- but that's okay, I just joined yesterday, and better late than never. ^__^;;

I'm at 196 right now so I'm going to make my Halloween goal 190. And I'm also going to try to exercise for 20 minutes at least 3 times a week. (I know that's not much, but it's up from 0 minutes! ^__^;;;)

&Aquareggie-- yay for vegan food! I have so many tasty recipes that either are vegan or can be made vegan by substituting soy milk or egg replacer. Maybe we should exchange recipes sometime.
Closed Thread