Halloween Challenge! - Page 21 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:34 AM   #301  

Height: 5'-2"

Den, November 1st is going to be great for us. Don't get discouraged. We did it before, and we can do it again.
We HAVE to do it. Your health (and mine) is too important.

And if it's your meds, then it's GREAT that you're going to see your shrink.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #302  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go sflake! you can ditch those 3 pounds!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #303  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Den, hon, you can do it!

um, yup Ellis, lots and lots in the next few days.... As one friend puts it - it's a good bye to food.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #304  
Imagine...

Go Den go...ra ra sis boom bah!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:27 PM   #305  

Go DEN!!!!!

Hm, today is the day of exclamation points. Like that fragrance five years ago or something. Hm. Wonder if I'm making sense AT ALL!

Soozie... or shall we call you SoOzie... Hee hee... hope the girls are realigning themselves properly. Also hope you're less itchy. Bounce in there. (Formerly "hang in there," but not anymore. )

Mauvais, thanks for the encouragement.

Well, I went three days vegan. Messed up yesterday and today tho. But if I manage to stay vegan tomorrow, it will have been four out of seven days this week. Which is better than every other day. Which is an improvement. I'm looking forward to Nov. 1, too. Will probably set a different New Year's goal than the one I committed to back in September. But hey, then it was about the weight, now it's about the diet change. New focus.

Everyone take care,
aR
Old 10-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #306  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hey dentrassi. I'm with ya. I'm 28 and my doc told me this month that I could be heading toward diabetes. Since my mother and aunt both are Type II I don't want to follow in their footsteps! So lets get this weight off ok? Do you have a plan? I admit that I have not done what I was supposed to do since seeing my doctor but I've made a few good steps in the right direction. I have quit drinking leaded cola and now am down to 1 un-leaded cola a day. I've cut back on coffee, mostly cause it upsets my stomach. I quit eating out for lunch so often, now maybe once a week. And I've gotten a pretty set workout routine (even though I goofed the Y for 2 weeks but I kept walkin'). We can do it. November will be a good month for us! Lets go! And speaking of going, I'm going to the park right now to walk! Talk to ya'll later
Old 10-29-2003, 07:06 PM   #307  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis, Squeak, Sflake and Aqua-Thanks for the support!!! Just found out my cholestrol and Triglycerides are bad too. They usually fix themselves when i start eating right, but they are the worst they have ever been (OOPS!!!) so it is TIME to get serious!!! Don't care if it is a Thanksgiving challenge or a new Year Challenge, but i need to get going and get SERIOUS!!!

Ready to get going Ellis and Squeak? Is anyone else starting Nov. 1, or are the rest of you already on track? I just remembered that i am going out to a Chinese restaurant Saturday which will be a challenge on South Beach, but I WILL DO IT!!!!!

Aqua-GOOD GOING!!! You are doing really well with your move to veganism!!
I feel like I type with exclamations all the time which is strange considering how blah I am in real life!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:10 PM   #308  

Shoequeen-We were posting at the same time so i missed your message. Thanks for the encouragement, and YOU ARE RIGHT!!! WE WILL do it!!!! I am restarting South Beach diet since it is diabetes and and heart healthy (oh, did I mention i'm a carb addict?) I am ALSO going to join Curves because I have been COMPLETELY sedentary lately. Need to rebuild my muscles AND start getting aerobic!! Sounds like you have been making some good changes!! Until i find out why i have been so fatigued there is NO WAY I'm giving up the caffeine, so THAT will have to wait!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #309  

Okay, girls. We've got some work to do, here.

Den, everybody loves you. Dying is not an option. You need to go and join Curves. Today or tomorrow. Saturday is November 1st. No more excuses. Just say, "YES!"

I am going to do a massive grocery shop today. TONNES of OP food. (thank God it's finally payday)

Mauvais, darling... WHERE is our next challenge? And what are you up to lately? You're never here!

Aqua... one word: VEGAN!!

Amy, good going with the walking... keep it up!

Squeak, enjoy stuffing yourself, because dreamland is about to end, baby.

VOW, take it easy with that turkey, huh? You'd better weigh yourself every 10 minutes or so while eating. Don't want to go over that 5 pound mark.

Silverdove, if Den can join Curves, you can join Pilates. You'll feel SO good!

Teufelchen, how's your goal coming? You're SO close!

Where is everyone? Ruthie? Gotta goal, hon? a new pedometer)

love and hugs to all
Old 10-30-2003, 09:11 AM   #310  
Imagine...

Officially reached my Halloween goal today yippie! You girls have 2 more days till the first so get your heards in the game! You are all to special to not do it. Love you all!
Old 10-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #311  

Yip yip yip, Sflake! Good for you, hon!!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:54 AM   #312  
Amy Needs New Shoes

HOORAY FOR SFLAKE!

Hehehe Ellis you are awesome! Den, good luck on the beach! I keep saying that is what I'm going to try. My doctor suggested Sugar Busters but when I read it I just wanted to curl up and die! hehe I'm just going to start making small changes in the right direction and slowly ween myself off my beloved carbs and sugars. And eat more veggies! I really would love to get some weight off by New Years. What do you think a good goal is for New Years? Thats about 2 months right? Have a good day ya'll
Old 10-30-2003, 11:18 AM   #313  

Sflake-YAY!!!!! SFLAKE HIT HER GOAL!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Good going sweetie!!!

Ellis-I need to go shopping too. AND I need to stop eating Halloween candy (oops!!) Sometimes it seems like dying would be easier than dieting, but then there would be no more sex, so yup! It isn't an option!!!!

Shoequeen-South Beach is really great!! The first two weeks are a bit rough, but they really get you detoxed, and the ricotta desserts help get you through!! I am afraid to set a goal since every time I do that I sabotage myself. I am also using Dr. Phil's book and trying to work through the emotional stuff. Like keeping promises to myself like I do to everyone else!!!

Squeak-Me too!! The cut off date is fast approaching!!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 01:34 PM   #314  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sflake!

Shoequeen you have mad some good healthy changes

I am working on the next challenge - will probably post tonight

been very busy Ellis wil catch up with everyone later
Old 10-30-2003, 04:13 PM   #315  
Waisting away

Hi everyone!

Ellis - you are too cute. I think you managed to address everyone on this thread! Thanks for making us all feel special.

VOW - I love your goal. Not too unrealistic I must say. Mauvais is right when she says that your Thanksgiving is too close to Christmas. At least we get a month to recoup here in Canada! *LOL*

Soozie of the perky boobs - how are you feeling? I hope you are resting and taking care of yourself.

Sflake - CONGRATS!!!!! You go girl!!

Mauvais - looking forward to reading our next challenge. Don`t keep us in suspense too long!!

Hello to all the rest of the gang.

Gotta go!! Have a great day all.
Closed Thread