Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone! I got the new CPAP mask yesterday to try out. I used it last night and it was OK. I have 2 weeks to use it and see if I like it. It is less intrusive than the one I have been using. It does move around a little bit. I put a clip in my hair in the back to help hold it in place. I have tried posting a picture of it.

Ok, the picture is posted. The things on the sides near his eyes are something you can buy to keep the straps from irritating your skin. I don't know if I would need them or not. For me, the less I have on my face, the better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nasal cushion mask.jpg (22.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-19-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #272  

Height: 5'3"

Got up late this morning (later even than my usual I mean but part of the time I was listening for my gd as her mama took the older ones to Vacation Bible School this morning but left her cause she was still asleep. So after she got home I guess I thought I could tack on an extra 1/2 hr in bed. Dh went fishing. Not sure what I'm going to do today...probably just stay home and weekly clean the main bathroom and perhaps do more de-cluttering...seems like that never ends, but I sure do like the way my kitchen cabinets are looking now after doing it. Today I may declutter in our bedroom...it's not too bad in there but more can be done.

I see I haven't posted for a couple days...didn't realize that. I've been very achy and it's been hard to even do my housework and go to the gym, shop etc. plus I often can't get to my desk because of the kids. When I get to my desk I do only what I have to and get out. I was also reading a new book on my iPad...one of the Frank Peretti novels...if you haven't read him, his books tend to focus on the supernatural..and are kinda (very!) wierd but about 1/2 way through I begin to realize what he's trying to say. This one was no different however I didn't like it as well as his others I've read. He's not a favorite author for me but I do read him now and then and in some way he does touch me.

Finally was able to find an exchange top for the one I returned. I don't like it too well but it's growing on me. I do think it makes me look very fat, but I am on the top end of my weight range. I've been eating terrible and my bs even with the Januvia has been very high. Finally I said no more and did better yesterday but forgot to weigh this morning. My bs was still high but not as bad as it's been sometimes recently. I go to the doctor the end of this month and I was so looking forward to showing him how my bs had dropped, and I just hope I haven't messed things up too much. I suspect my eating may have something to do with how I've been feeling too. I'm still having cravings but hopefully they will go away soon. I've been trying to please our visitors and although I like that food too it just doesn't work for my health.

Carol - l'm glad your new C-pap is working for you. I can't imagine sleeping with anything on my face but if I needed it I hope I could get used to it. Yesterday our older son popped in to get his mail and I asked about his and he said he IS using his C-pap now! He told me in the military (no C-pap then) no one wanted to share a room with him because of his sleep apnea and now he's had to share a room with another guy who stops breathing and HE lays there counting the seconds. That would be very uncomfortable. Carol, I've had that same thought about just cutting off my belly...if only it were that simple. It's the first place I gain and the last place I lose.

Pamela - Welcome!! Hope you enjoy chatting with us.

Sandy - I don't know what makes my mac and cheese special but all the kids like it. Some grandkids do, some not, they prefer the boxed kind. I remember the recipe I use was orignally one with salmon or tuna in it, forgot which but I didn't do that. It's just basically a white sauce, then add cheese to it, s/p and then the cooked macaroni and put in baking dish. I add some butter (these days Smart Balance) saltine cracker crumbs (or whatever I have), and sprinkle with paprika and bake 30 min. I like it when it gets a little crusty around the edges but the kids like it either way. One thing I'd do different if I were starting to make it now...I would use the unprocessed (or less processed) cheese. At the time I used what I was then used to...and it was the Kraft cheese slices. Now everyone's used to that and if I change the cheese it changes the taste a bit and some don't like that. I've always been somewhat health conscious but back then I didn't know some things I know now. Even the schools and medical people were saying different things as you may remember about a lot of things.

Well I need to get things done around here...been very lazy for almost 1/2 my day now...hi Glynne, hope things are going well for you, Karrine, prayers continue here too.

Last edited by maryea; 07-19-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #273  

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Pamela

CarolSuethe new CPAP looks far less invasive than some I've seen. I imagine keeping it in the correct position may be a problem. Wonder how it works? Sure hope you are satisfied with it.
Weeds, poison Ivy etc, sympathy. Even a little bit can distract me from doing what I need to do.

Mary I'm cleaning the bathroom and thought about how you would have been shocked how I let it get this bad. We have 3 in this house (because Mom's apartment had to have one, too.) Mine is out of the way and DH and I are only ones using it. I really feel good I am doing a good job (usually do once I get going.) Today is a rare day I'm home all day and am on load 3 of laundry, too.

When DH and Pat went on errands, I took advantage of some of the quiet time to finish a good book so I can return it Thursday to the Library. Also read a book by Thomas Kincade, the artist, and it was a wholesome book I enjoyed. A Season of Angels It was in New England, and about a woman of 89 and her family as she struggled to mend a few family broken relationships. I felt good after finishing a book like that.

Friend just let me know he has to have surgery to install a port so he can get dialysis. Bless his heart, his Dad is dying of Cancer, he has suffered with several serious illness and is unable to work, and now this. He is very good nature and never complains. Doesn't seem fair.

I get up set with politics and mud slinging. Seems unfair that the good guys suffer and some simply are mean and try to make life miserable for others!!!

Thank Goodness a friend agreed to substitute at the Adoration Chapel Friday at 4:00 PM so I can avoid the 32 mile trip.

Tomorrow Pat has her birthday. I'll be in a city that has Italian restaurant with good Lobster Bisque and Taramasue that I can bring home to her. We live so far from good places to eat that going out is a real production. I try to make one trip do many errands to save gas, and wear and tear on vehicle. It is a natural thing for me to do.

I remember years ago that DH was cooking and needed buttermilk. He drove the distance to the store, picked up ONLY the buttermilk and came back to make his biscuits. I had a fit. He asked what I would have done and told him of adding bit of vineger to milk and it worked the same. He was NOT impressed. Now when he cooks, he never worries about substituting and he's a great cook. He can make something good out of almost anything and loves doing it.

Thinking of you Karrine

Last edited by love2garden; 07-19-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:15 PM   #274  

Mary, your mac and cheese is similar to mine. What's to change? LOL DH only likes it with Velveeta cheese. My mother made it with colby longhorn cheese. My daughter-in-law used my recipe for a pot luck but she used a few different cheeses. She buys a lot of fancy cheese. It was such a hit and everyone wanted the recipe, but I told them you would have to know what cheese she used and how much, and she didn't even remember. Just threw in what she had on hand. My mother would put a layer of sliced cheese on top when she baked it and we always fought over that burnt cheese.

I have always heard that belly fat is the first to go, and it is usually the second place I lose. My face is first.

I'm glad your son has started using his CPAP. When you really need it, you learn how to get used to it, and it's very unpleasant to try to sleep without it. I didn't take mine when we went to Las Vegas. Didn't even think of it, until I tried to sleep. We didn't sleep much there anyway. Fast paced.

Sandy, the girl that works at the sleep lab told me to pull my hair out over the back strap to help hold it in place. That didn't necessarily work well, so I do that, but then hold a small piece of the hair in place with a little clip that I have. That helps. It's only been a few days, so I'm not really sure if I like it better than the one I have, but I heard that the one I have is being discontinued and I would have to go to a different one soon, anyway. I just don't think I could ever use one of the ones with all the straps that go around your head, and the big mask over your nose. But you do what you have to do.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:51 PM   #275  

We've been to the gym and I lay down for 30 min afterward as I'm still achy and the workout seems to make it worse. For some reason I feel best in the evening. Surprised by that. Makes it hard to get started on my work but I can do it once I start. Today is an easy day as I just plan to weekly clean the office and hall, however I'd also like to do a little dusting in my bedroom. I did the de-cluttering I mentioned yesterday but it was just small things. I am offering some nail polish and earrings to my dil in case she wants them, otherwise everything was recycled or trashed.

Our son returns later today. I plan just to have a leftover night unless he gets home early enough, then it might be mac and cheese. Gonna have to talk to my dil and find out what time he's coming in. We have leftover soup and leftover shredded chicken for tacos. The chicken casserole I made yesterday was really good. My electric can opener has quit working so hoping to replace it soon. Not nice when you find out when you are preparing a meal. but dh was able to open the canned chicken with an old manual one. I can use it on some cans but it's not so easy. I keep it for emergencies though.

I checked out the book you described, Sandy and it looks good. I have so many books on hand and am trying not to add more for a while. Even my son said you'll never have time to read all these books! He's right. But I am often tempted to buy more. Right now I'm reading a mystery about two women realtors. It's not very interesting right now but I'm hoping it will get better. I'm also still reading the same book for my devotional time. Have another sorta biography started but it's in the main bathroom for reading in the tub and these days that is our visitor's bathroom. Now and then I pop in there and read a couple pages.

Carol - Hope the c-pap works well for you.

Gotta get this day going...not much time before dinner after I go to the gym, do my computer stuff and clean house.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #276  

Good morning everyone! Think so far I'm less achy today, so thankful. Dh is fishing and the others are gone so I'm alone. Son got home late last night and I haven't seen him yet. I'm sure he was very tired as his plane was delayed.

Yesterday dh and I went to Costco and bought a new can opener and I also got some new salad bowls. Really like them. After I got home I remembered another salad bowl that I could have used instead but I like these so much (they came as 2 bowls even though I only needed one...you know Costco) so I'm keeping them. I might even pick up some for my dd for a Christmas gift as they are in her favorite color. I didn't get to my housework til late afternoon but I got the weekly stuff done...still need to do some dusting and straightening in bedroom.

Also yesterday we had another guy come to give us an estimate on repairing the dry rot on our eaves. He went all over our roof and said it's a waste of money to just fix the eaves as we need a whole new roof. His quote for the roof was higher than the last one, but he sure seemed like a nice guy. I didn't get a chance to meet the other guy so can't compare. He had his son with him (probably 10-12 in age) and he was so polite and came over and shook our hands and greeted us in Spanish, even though his dad was not around at the time. Someone has taken the time to teach him how to act. We could do the roof now but I'd prefer to wait until I pick out the siding so everything matches. Although we are saving pretty fast, we've also had to pay for some big things out of it and I suspect it's now going to be quite a while before we will have the total amount. Neither of us cares, we are not in a hurry, since now we know any siding co will trim the door, we don't feel pressured to get the siding done to get the door finished off. Our decision now is whether to go ahead and get the repair done on what dry rot we can see in the eaves/soffits to prevent it from worsening even though the whole roof will probably be redone probably in a year or so. So many decisions and each guy that comes out here seems to open up more issues to think about.

Was checking our Alaska Airlines mileage...we just opened up a new credit card with them...we will keep it for travel purchases only. We got 25,000 bonus miles and supposed to also get a companion ticket and I don't see that in our account and didn't get it by mail so will try to call them today. Dh and I are getting kind of antsy to travel.

Today is also my day to mop my kitchen/dining room floor. Usually do it late at night but perhaps the kids will be gone long enough for me to do it today..hope so.

Hope things are going well with all of you...have a good day!
Old 07-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #277  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thinking of you all - sending a hello 😊
Old 07-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #278  

My mac & cheese turned out SO yummy!! I have to double the recipe but usually don't double the salt (because of the cheese), don't remember about the pepper though and this time I doubled it. It was a little peppery but didn't seem to bother dh or anyone and I liked it even better. The good thing (for me anyway) is my son eats so much of it that I can't overeat and I actually got down to my sig weight again this morning. I served it with two veggies...broccoli and beans. My son likes broccoli, so was happy to see him eat a little vegetable at least.

I got the kitchen floor mopped last night, but haven't done much today. When we came home from the gym I laid down for an hour as my leg was hurting. So am starting my work day very late. We want to buy a shrub of some kind for the back yard so offered to go with dh to get it today. It's a cool day so wouldn't be so hot for browsing the nurseries, but he's still resting so not sure we will do it.

Just finished lunch of grilled cheese (lower carb bread, 1 T SB, 1 slice cheese) and Trop 50 OJ. Now to get my computer work done.

Glynne - Glad to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying life.

Carol - Hows the new C-pap going?

Hi Sandy, Karrine!

Last edited by maryea; 07-22-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:42 PM   #279  

Summertime and the living is easy....LOL...hope you are all enjoying the summer. It's a cool day so far but it's to get to 78 today...and I think it's to be much hotter again soon, even into the 90s from what I've heard. The kids went to the zoo so we are alone today.

Last night we had panko breaded chicken breast tenderloins with both tater tots and 2 roasted garlic potatoes (not enough of either so did both) and a little leftover corn. Was going to serve a green veggie but forgot and no one cared except me. At least I ate pretty well yesterday and my weight was back down to my sig weight. Now my goal is one pound down by the end of this next week...wonder if I can do it I'd love to show my dr I can do it! Just eating better the last three days and my bs is down much better again too. I hope that couple weeks when I ate terrible won't affect my A1C too much. So far my meals have been ok today, but no exercise yet.

We went out this morning and bought a Burning Bush shrub. I've always wanted one of those. Dh is planting it right now. We have room for at least one more large growing shrub (we always buy them small so dh can handle them) and more smaller plants around them I think but we will do it a little at a time.

I want to get another lilac bush but we can never find the large ones here, only the dwarf kind. We are going to another nursery this afternoon to look.
I want the fragrant kind too. We have two dwarf kind in our front yard and one keeps dying on one side...had to cut it off last summer but it grew back again and is now dead again. The leaves crinkle up and turn brown, also the stalk is brown...last year it eventually went black. Gonna have to Google it but I'm wondering ...a pest, disease/mold or what

Not much going on here otherwise. The children finished VBS yesterday so they are free until school starts. I know they have bought some school supplies...I can't imagine the cost...I remember the last time I had to buy them, it was a small fortune!

Enjoy your summer....
Old 07-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #280  

Mary, back when I was in school, the school provided the supplies. Do you remember that? We didn't have to bring so much as a pencil. Some kids had book bags, but most didn't. That was before they started having back packs. And we went home for lunch, so didn't need a lunch box. We stayed at school for lunch in high school but most just brought their lunch in a brown paper bag of ate the school lunch. My parents would not have had money for school supplies.

Our neighbor gave us cuttings from his lilac bushes years back and they must be about 12 ft high now. I have to stay inside when they're blooming as I am highly allergic, but it wasn't too bad for me this year.

Our other neighbor has 3 burning bush that border our yard. Once, when their house was for sale, DH dug out a piece of root and planted it in our yard, but when it grew, it didn't look like burning bush so he dug it out. LOL That's what he gets for "stealing."

I have been sticking to low carb for several days now. My blood sugar has been so good that it makes me think my meter is broken. LOL In the area of 105-110 all day yesterday, even 2 hr after dinner, and then 125 this morning. That's the lowest fasting I've had since 2009. I have not been taking Amaryl, just Metformin. I am not good at sticking to this long term, so I don't know how long it will last, but these readings will factor in to my next A1c and should lower it a bit. Who knows, this might become my new WOE. I just don't think about the carbs, and so far there has been enough for me to eat without them.

Today, we are going to a local amusement park for step-daughter's work picnic. I don't know how that's going to be, as our temps have been around 90 with high humidity. They warn the elderly to stay out of the heat, and we are both heart patients. If it's too bad, we won't stay long. My plan is to eat a burger without a bun at the lunch, and avoid the Potato Patch and ice cream stand. The Potato Patch serves french fries topped with just about anything you want, and it usually a must for a visit to the park. I know DH will indulge in both, but I will try not to. That's the plan, but you know what happens to plans.

Yesterday morning my left foot was hurting, then by evening that felt better and the right ankle started hurting. Don't know what's going on, but it might bother me walking around the park. I don't want to wear my ankle brace.

Ouch! on needing a new roof, Mary. That's a big expense, but things have to be done sooner or later. Your house will look so nice with the new door, and the new roof and siding when it's finished.

I like my old CPAP mask better than this new one. It seems to stay in place better. But I'm hearing that the old one is being discontinued. I bought some flat hair clips that help hold it in place, so that will work. I just know I can't use one of those bigger bulky ones.

Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-24-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #281  

Retained my sig weight this morning. It is a warm day...last I saw was 83. We went to church and dh was cold in the church, I was fine but it was pleasant when we came out...for me it felt like a not too hot sauna. We went to Olive Garden with the kids and I got soup and salad with dressing on side. They went on to shop after but we came home.

Carol - My family had to buy my school supplies, so probably depended on where you lived. I never thought about it at the time but I'm sure it was very difficult on my parents as they had very little. But seems like they have to have more these days...even calculators, ipads (or other tablets) etc.

Wish I knew someone with lilac bushes who would give me cuttings. Think I've mentioned before that when I was growing up there was a very large lilac bush (not in our yard) in our neighborhood. There was an alley behind our house and it was in someone's lot very near the alley. It was so fragrant the whole neighborhood got to share the fragrance. I have always wanted one like that. We have two of the dwarf kind and they are pretty (except for the problem with one now) and are blooming better each year and becoming more fragrant but I'd still like one that grows larger. Oh, and we also have one that does grow large and bends over into the street. Dh has to trim it back now and then for traffic but it is different that others I've seen....it has large purple cones...very pretty, a slight fragrance. This year it has grown very wide and crazy so after the blooms are gone I'm going to have dh trim it back on the side as well. I love them though. If the Burning Bush does well I think I might like a couple more to put here and there for a nice spot of color...it says it gets up to 6 ft high and 4.5 ft wide so will have to plan where they go.

Glad you are doing well on the low carb diet...low carb is very difficult for me because I don't care much for meat. Glad you aren't needing the Amaryl..wish I could give up mine. Maybe I could if I didn't eat so much in the evening. I've slacked off but not enough. It's just habit because I am not hungry.

I think we are now looking at spending $30,000 or even more when we get the new roof AND the siding, unless we go with that guy who was so cheap but neither of us really wants to do that. We did have one quote of $8000 on the roof but who knows by the time we are ready. We are not in a hurry (as long as our roof doesn't start leaking!) Dh goes up in the attic to check now and then and so far has found no mildew, mold, dry rot nor leaks. I think the attic fan helps a lot.

Well, going to take a nap..hope you all have a great Sunday!

Last edited by maryea; 07-24-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #282  

The first time we got a new roof it was so bad that it leaked in the kitchen. When the guys came to do it, most of the plywood needed replaced. It was badly damaged. We went with cheaper shingles back then to keep the cost down, thinking they would outlive us, but we lived longer than we thought. LOL So this time we wouldn't have need the roof done except for the hail damage.

I am averaging 1mg of Amaryl per day, 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. I am prescribed 4mg total, 2mg AM and 2mg PM. I will not tell the doctor that I cut back because I don't want him to cut back on my prescription. I might need it some day down the road. I don't think I eat a lot of meat. I do eat a lot of veggies. I do eat more than a portion the size of the palm of your hand the way they suggest. But it's mostly chicken and fish that is lower calorie than beef and pork. And I eat it without sauces etc that add calories. I get acid reflux if I eat a lot of meat.

What do the kids do who are in families living below the poverty level? I know my parents could not afford a tablet. I don't even think we could have afforded that when my kids were going to school. My grandson is 7 and has a few different tablets. They are having his 8th birthday party at a Go Cart Track that charges $22 per person for a birthday party that includes 1 slice of pizza and 1 drink, and 3 hours of go-cart riding. I don't know how many they are inviting, but I think that's rediculous. You can get more pizza and drink for an additional charge. I think they could afford for my DIL to be a stay-at-home-mom but they don't want to do that. They could live off what my step-son makes. They pay a rediculous amount of money for him to go to day camp at the YMCA every day instead of going to daycare of having a baby sitter. It's nice for him, as they have a lot of activities and he meets a lot of new friends. But it's so expensive.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #283  

Looks like I got infected by malware and/or a virus, so have been working off and on my computer for a couple days now. Can access the web and some other things now, but still can't open or reinstall my recipe software. The creator of it is helping me now but so far nothing has worked. He's helped me before when I had problems and seems like a very nice guy.

This morning we went to the gym and then to a nursery where we bought a lilac bush (the kind that gets big!) and an azealea...we have three or four azaleas already but had a spot in the front yard near a couple others so it will join them. The lilac is in the back yard next to the Burning Bush (with ample space between as both should eventually be large). I wonder whether we will live to see them at their full height but I like to think of them as large. So hopefully I have the lilac bush I've always wanted now. I may get another one if this one does well....it's a deep purple and I want to have a pinky white one too. I also saw a beautiful hydrangeas that was pink white and cone shaped (the one I have now is the more usual round blue blooms.) I think I'd like one of those too. We have a large back yard and we have never really fixed it up much so we are enjoying finally doing this now. The front is pretty well done ...might add one more shrub or a some small plants but it's not bad right now.

Not sure what I'm fixing for dinner...been too busy to think about it...still haven't planned my weekly meals and grocery list but do have several pkgs of meat in freezer. Just now I thawed out some ground beef in case I can't think of anything else. May just make hamburgers and french fries and a salad. I don't have enough meat for all but they also have some premade patties so we can combine them.

I still need to vac our bedroom and even still need to do a few daily tasks. Working on my computer is taking up too much time.

Carol - Thats great about the Amaryl! Keep up the good work! My weight was up 2# this morning...probably due to the restaurant meal...no matter how careful I try to eat, restaurants meals are always more fat and sodium than what I cook at home.

I eat quite a lot of veggies if we have them...we prefer fresh and sometimes I don't have much on hand..if I haven't done my planning and shopping yet. Always have some frozen I could eat though. When I have enough I usually eat 1/2 my plate in veggies, if I can't do that it might only be 1/4. I am more tempted by fruit though and last night I ate a lot of frozen blue berries, and my bs was high this morning. Why does something so good and healthy have to be so bad for me Also, even though I like veggies and eat quite a lot of them, I cannot fill up on them...I have to have a little meat and esp higher glycemic carbs to fill up it seems. When I was on Medifast...my main meal plate, called Lean & Green was composed of 1/4 protein and 3/4 veggies. If the veggie was something fiberous like broccoli I could get very full esp since I'd been also eating protein and fiber all day. It worked well but I just can't go back to it.

Most of my gc have the same style birthday parties and feel the same way. In fact today I just finally threw away the leftover birthday cake and it's been more than two weeks I think. I guess they forgot about it...too bad they didn't freeze it. A chocolate cake with loads of chocolate frosting and candy all over and around it. Totally sickening really but part of the expensive party. It was a bowling party that time. Lots of fun and loud music but oh such a waste of money in my opinion. It's like the kids expect it now. We have another b-party coming up...this one will be in a park and I think much more low key. I think I'll probably enjoy it more. Sure glad I'm no longer raising kids! In some ways growing old is a blessing!!

Well, need to get back to working on the computer...

Last edited by maryea; 07-25-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #284  

When I looked out the window this morning my first thought was it looked like fall! But the temp is just nice, not real warm, kinda cloudy but I think it's supposed to get warm. We went out to get my military ID updated. So that's done for 5 years but in 2 years I can get an indefinite one (no more renewals) so I'll probably do that if I remember. Put it on my calendar. We stopped at Walmart but now home and kids are gone. I hope to clean my office and hall.
as well as finally get to my meal planning and grocery list. May have to run out again for groceries for dinner. Did that last night..we had hamburgers, french fries (from frozen - ugh) and salad. The burgers were good. I'll have leftover salad for lunch, perhaps this time with a little dressing.

Got my cookbook back and all my recipes as far as I can tell..so thankful! Doubt I could have done it without help.

My weight is still up...probably because of sodium..but disappointing every time it happens.

Have a good day.

Last edited by maryea; 07-26-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #285  

I made lasagne for dinner today. It was really good. I will check BS at 1 hour because I believe it might up my BS and I will need some Amaryl. Tomorrow I want to have grilled talapia. DH will not eat that, so he will have a steak. I buy steaks and freeze them individually so I can make one for him when I want something he won't eat. It's not as bad as cooking a separate meal, because the steak only takes a few minutes and so does the talapia.

I don't buy many fresh vegetables because they go bad before we can eat them all. DH doesn't eat many vegetables and he mostly likes peas and corn, so I just use frozen. I buy fresh carrots because I like cooked carrots and make a lot of them. I also buy radishes and celery. The green beans are canned, and everything else frozen...broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, lima beans, corn. I never bought fresh green beans and I don't like the frozen ones.

I have a bag of the Gold Medal flour that is recalled. There is a form online to fill out to get a coupon for a replacement. It's only $2 or $3, not big deal, really, but I will take the coupon since they are offering it.

I had to call our credit card company because DHs credit card with the chip in it will no longer work. It comes up "damaged card." I think it might be because it's in his wallet and he sits on his wallet. His ATM card gets damaged sometimes also, probably for the same reason. The bank charges $5 to issue a new card, but the one from the credit card company is free and they are sending it 2-day Fed Ex. I guess they don't want him to quit charging! LOL

Tomorrow Rusty is going to the groomers. That is always such an ordeal. Out of 6 dogs, he is the only one who ever gave the groomers a hard time. I stand beside him to keep him settled down and sometimes she has to muzzle him. It's mainly his back legs and rump that he doesn't like anyone touching. He is even a little jumpy when I brush him back there. I wish I knew a way to get him to behave better around strangers. It makes me wonder about what his first 3 years of life were like. I think he was with a bunch of other dogs and didn't get much exposure to humans. Poor Rusty.

I hope our weather cools down a bit soon. These 90 degree days are starting to turn me into a hermit.

Mary, I hope you get everything back on your computer! That's a real annoyance.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-26-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Closed Thread