Old 01-01-2016, 01:16 AM   #1  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Smile Living Healthy ~2016~ with Commitment, Activity & Diet…

We welcome Everybody regardless of your age.

Because age is unimportant with our mutual goals here .

So drop bye anytime you want to chat or a friend

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Just a note to let you know I will not be posting anymore. No problems, just taking a break.

Have a wonderful 2016!
Renee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/145

Height: 5'1"

:Happy New Year to all. there is strength in numbers and we have a lot here. so let's dig in and get to it.
tootsie250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year!

I definitely need a new start. I gained back in three weeks what it took three months to take off! Not really a surprise though. However, I still feel good for the new year. Since I have at least been going to the Y a few times a week, I do not feel as sluggish and gross as I did in September. I have just been eating lots and lots of high calorie food. There is no way I want to keep that up-well, maybe part of me wants to but I cannot give in that little voice!

Renee-We'll miss you!

Dee and Tootsie-I am so glad you are here to share this weight loss journey. Let's go for it!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #5  
Sandee

Tootie It's so nice to have you here with us to work for our 2016 goals Please tell us whatever's on your mind

Tera, 2016 is a fresh start to learn to stop making the same errors we did in 2015, messing up & learning from it I admire you going to the Y to exercise during the winter. Your pounds wiLL start droping weekly, I have faith in your determination

Corinna, I hope that you are settling down fine from your move & into your new home now. Please come back to us asap

Renee, When you get a chance I hope that you will drop in to see us. I've enjoyed our chats & friendship about horses, gardening, cooking & our March birthday. You are my fun distant sister Please stay in touch.

I'm off to a good start today with a healthy breakfast & lunch. I'm using the food dashboard on my Fitbit website. If anyone uses a pedometer, fitness tracker or a Fitbit here's the thread link on 3FC, we'd love to have you. Currently there are 6 of us there trying to keep a good winter walking or activity routine.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...-trackers.html
Old 01-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #6  

cals-2550, Ex-Walk with DH. At least I did not eat as much as the day before. A very small step in the right direction.

Is anybody setting any goals for the short term? I want to focus less on the scale and more on maximizing my physical and mental well being. I am so used to setting my goals in terms of pounds to lose or in goals to avoid something I know will contribute to gaining weight. This year I would like to reframe my goals in a positive way. I definitely want to include my Y classes at least twice a week. However, I really need to set a goal to spend more time outdoors. Between work, Y classes and household chores and errands-I find myself going weeks on end without spending any time outdoors besides the walk from one building to the car and from the car to the next building! To make matters worse, a lot of the time I am sitting on my behind in those buildings-with the exception of the Y trips or the shopping errands. I am reading a memoir from the late 1800's where a school superintendent travelled between school districts out on the prairie by wagon and camped out every night in a tent. That is about as far away from my life style as a person could possibly get!

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-02-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #7  

cals-2600, no exercise. I really need to throw away some of the leftover goodies in my pantry. I have sadly lacking discipline.

I am looking forward to watching Downton Abbey tonight-anyone else here a fan?
Old 01-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149.6/115

Height: 5.0

2016 has to be my year of success! It has to be, I had been putting things aside for many many years and late last year I decided to focus on me. I'll be dropping by this thread once in a while for sure. My short term goal is to complete this diet successfully and get down to my ideal weight. Mentally, this will help me get back to where and when I felt best about life and myself. I am working everyday to reach this goal around Easter. Have a great day tomorrow! Ciao, Tee
Tee4Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #9  
Sandee

Hi girls
A cold & beautiful sunny winter day today. My hubby & I went to Kroger & then to Menards for outdoor Christmas decorations @ 1/2 off & their bonus 15% off on anything that fits into their paper size grocery bag this week. So we saved 65% off the normal price of 4 sets of LED lights

Tera, I'm watching Downton Abbey with you tonight, sipping a big glass of wine in bed while my hubby sleeps I watched a PBS interview with Mary & a few others & they said they'd like to be in a spin-off if offered. I'd like to see it happen especially with the children involved with Marigold, that her dad wasn't killed in the war & he reappears so they have a happy family. It was so touching when the dieing family dog layed on the bed between the wife & hubby last season. I watched a old movie with Maggie Smith this winter, from about 25 yrs ago & she was very pretty, with her delicate petite face & body. I look forward to seeing Carson & Mrs Hughes married too this season & Bates & Anna finally happy together.

Our doggies keep me going, to stop myself from feeling lazy. I don't know if I mentioned that our MiniGoldenDoodle litter was born December 12, with 4 tiny, gorgeous boys. 1 reddish apricot & 3 cream with apricot markings. This is our final litter & MeeMee & Sundae will be spade in March when the temps warm up. I really want to keep a little boy, their loyalty, sweet personalities & intelligence is superior to the girls, but my hubby says having our 2 older adult girls is enough for us... I have faith in you to reach your health goals this year & I'm here for you if you ever need me. My weight isn't my problem, I need & want more musles & better balance. I have a 2nd opinion at another Opthmolagist appt on Wednesday, I keep praying for my retina/eye to be healed & that this doctor gives me good news

Tootsie, If you're reading this, I hope that your weekend went well for you

Tee I hope that all your goals become your reality in 2016

Talk to you'all tomorrow, have a great Monday I'm watching Galavant until D.Abbey comesmes on at 9pm, then tomorrow night the Crazy women on the Bachelor Stupid people give us a short break from thinking about the sad things happening in the world right now.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Happy New Year to all, and I hope we all reach our goals (notice I didn't call them 'resolutions"?)

I'm rarin' to go following good news from my children...

First son got engaged to be married on New Year's Eve!! Don't know when the wedding will be yet, but that's good motivation for me to get healthier! The bride's mother is as least 10 years younger than me and is a petite, cute lady and I don't want to feel like a moose next to her...

My daughter graduated from OSU on 12/20 so we did some celebrating for that! She's applying for grad schools now and is working in Columbus.

I gained a lot of weight in November/December and have started to lose it already. Went to the rec center and have been taking weight and Zumba classes (just started) and have really been avoiding sugar and simple carbs...that's the only way for me to lessen my appetite!

Found a coupon for 6 tennis lessons for $29.00 so will also take advantage of that!!

Best Wishes to all on this thread and I hope Renee checks back in from time to time.

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #11  
Sandee

Hi Andi, you were here when I first joined & it's wonderful to here all your Good news I get it about wanting to feel & look just as pretty as the other mom for the wedding events happening. Especially if it's in the summer & sleeveless gowns that happened to me & I wore a shrug because my biceps were marshmallows & I barely had a suntan. The mother of the bride looked perfect....

Corinna does drop in to say hello from time to time. Did you know that she moved back to the United States. She's still getting settled in. Tennis lessons for $29, WoW that's so awesome I hope you can drop bye often!

Today's meatless Monday; homemade soup with homemade buttermilk biscuits for supper tonight. This way I can modify the carbs, fat & sodium we eat.

See you'all tomorrow.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:38 PM   #12  

cals-2145, Ex-step class. Still eating too much but it gets a bit less each day.

Dee-You could be a big help to the Downton Abbey writers! I am so glad it is back on. I love the stories and the settings and especially enjoy the costumes. Plus, it is simply nice to count on something relaxing and entertaining to watch at least once a week. I have a short list of tv shows I watch. Tonight was Fixer Upper-another fav. I wish I could afford to fix up my house like those! Congrats on the puppies-how cute!

Andi-Congrats on your son's engagement. That certainly is a fun motivation for losing weight. Are you already a tennis player or will the lessons be something new and different? Are they indoors?

Tee-Welcome! You sound raring to go. Nothing like losing the extra weight to feel on top of the game.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning!

I have played tennis over the years but it's been so long that I'm taking beginner lessons again (that's what the coupon is for). I'm better than a
beginner, but the drills and practice are good for improving basic skills and it's a good workout. Lessons are indoors as it's too cold to play outside in the winter here (17 degrees at the moment).

I've been eating well except my daughter took me out for my birthday yesterday to Brio's so we celebrated...oh well!

I also enjoy Downton Abbey and the shows on HGTV like Fixer Upper!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:12 AM   #14  

cals-2100, ex-walking. A few less calories. My goal is to get back under 2000.

Andi-The tennis lessons sound perfect. Stay nice and warm and get in shape while playing fun games with others. I struggle with most sports so I stick with the fitness classes but I admire all you athletes.

Today I have to go shopping for a replacement for the sagging mattress I bought three years ago. I find the choices sadly lacking in quality.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I used to post in this thread occasionally but have trouble committing. I will try to do better this time. I am from PA so I will try to fill in for Renee until she comes back. LOL I really miss Corrinna, too. She always had a lot of words of wisdom to keep us going.

I was lucky that I didn't gain any weight over the holidays, but I always have trouble losing. I need to get back to exercising and keeping closer track of my food. I have a tendency to pop things in my mouth without thinking about it.

I mostly follow a low carb diet in an effort to keep my diabetes under control. Sometimes I'm good, sometimes not. I know that getting back to my exercise would really help.

Hoping to get to know all of you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote