Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #346  

Height: 5'3"

It was a slightly cool, but still sunny day and my youngest child (dd)'s birthday. She is 38 today. We met her for lunch. The children were in school so just the three of us. I had a grilled chicken salad and a glass of wine. I also ordered a personal size pizza and dh and I each had one slice and brought home the rest. I had another slice for dinner with little melon. The pizza is too salty for me, but our son is to come home tonight and he may like it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the doctor about my abdominal discomfort...hopefully he will order tests to determine what's going on that and hope it will be something that can be fixed. Appreciate believer's prayers.

Carol Sue - Wow what a day you had...glad Rusty is ok and that he doesn't do that again! Sounds like you and your dh got some exercise for sure. Halo gets out now and then and she will not come back once she has a scent to follow..she will not come when I call. Sometimes she will respond when dh or esp our son calls though.

I'm not feeling so well today related to the abdominal issue...am tired and since I don't have to cook, think I lay down for a bit. Hope you are all doing ok. Glynne how did your test go?

Last edited by maryea; 05-14-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:00 PM   #347  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Well, I made it through the procedure yesterday. One more down, one more to go. They removed some small polyps and biopsied a couple places. I'm guessing that will happen when they do the colonoscopy too. Hopefully those all come back with a good report, then I can breathe easy for a while.

My husband starts his prep tomorrow for the colonoscopy on Satuday morning. Mine will be in two weeks.

I felt so bad this afternoon. I upset my granddaughter ~ and scared her ~ I didn't mean for it to turn out how it did. I had read some article warning about how dangerous it is to people's health ~ especially kids ~ the use of all these electronic devices. Maddie is into a game that she plays on the iPad and every time she takes a break from her homework, she wants to do that during her break. I think she does it in the evenings at home too, before she goes to bed. I wouldn't turn it on for her and tried to share with her that it can be dangerous to people if they use these things too much. Well, it took a turn and I was in over my head trying to explain, she asked me a question and I was truthful with her, and it scared her. I felt even worse when her mom came dragging in after work to pick her up. Poor Sara was tired from some issue at home she had had to deal with the last couple nights, and still had more to do with that issue when she gets home tonight, and I inadvertently added onto her load with this thing with Maddie and the electronics. Dumb Grandma

Carol Sue ~ how is Rusty doing? Hope you didn't have anymore adventures like you had yesterday. How are you doing?

Mary ~ seems like you have been watching your grandchildren quite a bit lately. Are they the young ones? Hope you are hanging in there ok. It is fun to have them, but can get you tired out easily.

Love2 ~ how are you doing? What's new in your yard/gardens. Love hearing the descriptions of them ~ they sound so lovely.

Coming down the home stretch on a crocheting project. So, I'm gonna try to get that finished up this evening so I can maybe get it sent off tomorrow.

Hope you all have had a good day.

Mary ~ we were posting at the same time. Sorry that you aren't feeling well. Will pray that the dr can figure out what is wrong so you can get to feeling better.

Last edited by glynne; 05-14-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:00 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Yes, Mary, I will pray too that you get your abdominal issues resolved with a favorable outcome. I hate to think about the results of the abdominal issues I had back in 2012, or was it 2011. I don't remember. I think this new doctor will be able to figure it out and I hope it's minor, whatever it is.

My legs ache from my ordeal chasing the dog and my bad knee is swelling. I took some Tylenol when I went to bed but I really needed Motrin, but I'm afraid to take that because the cardiologist warned against it.

This dog seems to have separation anxiety. When I go into the shower, he sits outside the door and barks and whines, like a howl. I wouldn't mind leaving the bathroom door open, but then if someone comes and DH lets them in that's not a good situation to have. I have been leaving the door open when I go in to go to the bathroom so he can come in and out, but that's just gross and I don't like doing it. I don't know what to do. He has also been barking and whining all night. He has the run of the house and can come into our bedroom if he wants to, but he wants up on the bed and that is out of the question. I do not want to sleep with a dog. I know some people allow their pets on the bed, but it's not something we have ever done. He could sleep on the floor next to the bed, but he comes back out and goes to his favorite place, under the table, but just barks and whines. I have an appointment with the cardiologist and I have such big bags under my eyes he's going to wonder what happened to me. We are going to try to keep the dog from sleeping during the day so maybe he will sleep during the night. I believe that this will all pass in time, but in the meantime it's really annoying and has me wondering if we did the right thing. But he's so cute and so sweet the rest of the time.

Also, we went out to the store yesterday and when we came back, he had torn a piece of the wallpaper off next to the sliding glass door. It has been a little bit loose. This morning I heard him scratching at something and came out and he had torn off a little bit more. The wallpaper is old, about 44 years old, and I have been wanting to take it down and just paint, but there's raw plaster under it and it would have to be primered and all, and it wasn't a job I was looking forward to. DH just wanted to leave the wallpaper up. But I don't know what we're going to do now. When he just took that little piece off I was going to glue it back on, but now he has a bigger piece hanging. Oh, Lord, what have I done? LOL He's acting like a puppy. I think they are still considered in a puppy stage at 3 years old. Maybe like a teenager. One of our other dogs chewed the baseboard next to the sliding glass door and DH had to buy a piece to replace it.

Last evening DH was sitting on the front porch and could hear water running. He saw some water running down the street, then noticed it was bubbling up from the neighbors yard. She is an elderly woman. More elderly than us. LOL He walked over and looked at it and said the ground was cracking and rumbling. He told another neighbor, who called the water company and notified the resident. The water company and the gas company came and they have been working on it all night. For a while, our water was shut off. We have bottled water and I did fill 3 soup pots with water as soon as DH saw the problem, so I was able to wash up for bed with that water. I was wondering if I was going to be able to shower before going to the doctor and the water IS turned back on now, but I'm wondering for how long. I haven't looked out but I can hear the machinery out there.

Gayle, I worry about my grandson using his electronic games all the time. He gets so engrossed in it and won't listen or do anything else. I guess when they are with grandma they are to be allowed to do what they want and it's the parents responsibility to control the time they spend on the devices. My DIL says they limit his time, but I don't see it. Every time I see him he's either playing with a hand held game or playing with the Wii. On Christmas someone bought him a puzzle and he said he didn't want it because he doesn't play with them anymore, which was rude to say and it hurt the person's feelings, but his Dad said that his mother will get puzzles out sometimes and do them with him, so he kept the puzzle. This is similar to when TV first came out and that's all the kids did. It was something to entertain the kids so the mothers could get something done. I have also heard of the dangers of too much use of these devices, especially for young kids. I don't blame you for not wanting her playing with it all the time. You just never know when to interfere.

Well, the dog usually lays under the dining room table, but now he's lying right next to my computer chair, and he's SLEEPING. I wanted the dog to like me, but maybe not this much. LOL Guess I'm not going to get to go back to bed today. I will keep the dog company and let DH get a little more sleep. Aren't I a considerate wife? LOL

This really ended up being a long post!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-15-2015 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #349  

Height: 5' 2"

CarolSue Sounds as of your new dog is causing more exercise and excitement than you expected. Between training dogs and grandkids, there isn't a lot of energy for anything else. Perhaps the good thing is that the wallpaper will come down and the wall painted. Ouch for the time and effort that will take. Hope the dog is learning to sleep when you do.

Gayle Perhaps by next week you and your DH will be able to resume some normal living. You certainly have had a time with medical issues all 2015.

Mary Sorry about the abdominal issues and hope your doctor can help you find a solution, preferably one that is easy and quick. This new doctor sounds like real answered prayer.

After 4 hours gardening last evening, I slept 9 hour!!! Feel bit sore but otherwise really good today. Like one of you, we escaped the unseasonable hot weather for several much cooler days. Actually turned on heat one night.

Since I actually gave up sweets about a week ago, I'm pleased that my terrible cravings have stopped. I even noticed 3 chocolate candy bars by Ted's dresser and simply moved on while thinking, Thank God for answered prayers. He helped by keeping bakery cookies out of house, too.

Out front my huge YELLOW peonies are blooming with dinnerplate size blooms that I see from chairs on porch. With the yellow/white short Japanese Forest Grass near by, our front if very festive.

I planted 3 huge pots with dark red Miscanthus grass (4 ft tall by July) and a silver wave petunia in each one. It will give us much needed separation from neighbors and round out our yard on that side. DH put some short Shasta Daisies in by the Mail Box garden that already are showing buds!! Sedums are behind them and day lilies finish the 20 ft by 6 foot area. I needed an area that bloomed often, but did not require lots of work. The blue Columbine and purple Iris are lovely with the pale pink Peony at the top near the house.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #350  

Been on the run all day...started at the gym. Walked a mile then used hand bike for 6 min and rode a bike for about five min while waiting for dh to get done walking (he walks slower than I). Then used the eliptical for a couple minutes. Really getting to like it. Then used three weight machines. After the gym went to CU for cash, came home then found out a recent order was in at Pennys so picked up three new tops, tried them on but returned one which was a little too snug. Then to Lowes to return something dh had bought and then to 5 Guys for lunch for grilled veggie sandwich again plus ate a few of dh's fries. Then on to Costco to do our coupon shopping and for gas. Came home tired, but dh went back out for a haircut. He and son are going fishing tomorrow, so thought he'd better get it today. While at Lowes I saw some lamps I may get for our fam room. We are getting rid (already have one) of our end tables. They are rarely used except to hold some old lamps and one lamp no longer works, and we still will have a coffee table. So want to buy some better lighting and without the end tables we have more room for the workout machines. oh and we also stopped at Walmart to buy a boat seat for dh...son takes him fishing in his boat but it is painful for dh and he needs a seat, but all the pieces for it weren't in right now so will try another store.

Love2Garden - GFY on giving up sweets! I really admire your will power and wish I could get myself to do that. 9 hrs of sleep sounds really good. I'm in bed that long and sometimes even more but just don't sleep that sound plus my sleep is interrupted by my having to get up. The flowers sound very pretty!

Carol Sue - Your dog sounds a lot like Halo..very needy, however Halo is not shy. Sounds like Rusty is getting over the shyness gradually though and is expressing his need for you. Perhaps when he realizes you will be there for him he will get past the need to howl. Halo howls only when she is outside alone. She needs someone with her if she's out there. Only exception sometimes if we leash her to a stake in the front yard..the leash is long enough that she can move around quite aways and she doesn't mind that...in time she will let us know when she's ready to come in. I'm with you Carole Sue, on no dog sleeps in my bed. If our son weren't here I might consider letting her sleep on the floor of our room, but we are up so much I'm not sure that even would be a good idea. Right now if our son isn't home, she is very restless and wants out every few hours...but if he's here they both sleep though the night. I hope Rusty settles down and you can get a good sleep.
I suspect this he is behaving like this because of living with all those other dogs and not learning to completely trust humans. The fact that he is sleeping at your feet while your're on the computer might be a good sign he is coming to trust you. Halo comes into my office a lot and tries to get me to go back to other parts of the house with her. She likes all the humans to be together and tries to round us up. Sometimes if I pet her enough she will settle down and sleep near me though instead. You've had a lot going on...smart of you to think ahead and save some water before it was turned off. Always good to be prepared. We always have three gallons of water on hand and right now our son has a couple of his own, but even that wouldn't be much if the water was off for long.

Gayle - Yes these gc are young, mama had dental appts and classes so I babysat. I enjoy them but they do wear me out. We have one that is almost always playing video games and I agree that is not good. They should be allowed to only play with electronics for an hour or so a day max IMHO and definitely not at bedtime. But I am only grandma. I went to bed with pain, got some sleep but woke up about six with the dog barking and my legs aching. Our son had let Halo out and went back to bed...sometimes it seems like she'll never come back in..and he was very tired after a long drive home from a business trip. I'm sure glad I heard her as the neighbors might complain again. I think I got back to sleep but was aware of my pain and it continued for a few hours before the Ibuprofen I took finally kicked in. It's been better since but still ache a little. This kind of thing used to come and go but it's pretty constant now unless I take pain relievers.

Thanks for the prayers...

Last edited by maryea; 05-15-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:36 AM   #351  

Yesterday I was having thoughts of returning this dog. But DH said it will take more time but he will adjust. We sat on the front porch with him in the evening and some of the neighbors came over to meet him. They have dogs, too, and shared some of their stories with us. We did not let him fall asleep until we all went to bed at 10PM. I slept good and didn't hear the dog bark at 5AM but DH got up and let him out, and he needed to do his business, so that worked out well. We haven't had a dog this young for a very long time, as the last 2 dogs we adopted were at least 5 years old when we got them. Rusty is only 3 and still very frisky. DH tried to play with him but Rusty mistook it for agression and ran from him, so that will take some time, too. Usually they tend to develop a good relationship with the person who takes care of them, so I am letting DH get closer with him. I hope eventually he will play with DH. Apparently no one ever played with him before.

Lovetogarden, I lost my sweet cravings when I started eating more vegetables. My taste buds went more toward savory than sweet. I was happy with that change and it has worked out well for my diabetes.

Mary, it sounds like you got a good workout in. I have to get back to it. I went to the cardiologist yesterday and that went well. My weight was up, but he is very nice about it and told me to take it 5 lbs at a time and not to try to have a big goal as that can lead to distress and you give up. All they ever do is weight me and check blood pressure, but he scheduled me for my annual echocardiogram which gives him a better picture of how my leaky heart valves are doing. I don't expect any problems there as I don't get out of breath any more than I did before and I blame that on my weight. Lose weight, lots of things improve.

I hope your abdominal problems are improving. Were your legs aching because of the exercise maybe? I know mine ached for 2 days after I had to chase the dog, but they are feeling better today. I know it was good for my heart to get that little bit of aerobic exercise, but not good for my knee. I told my cardiologist about running after the dog and he said now that I know I can do that without having a heart issue don't be afraid to increase my activity. I always think I should take it easy because of my heart but he says no. Be as active as I can tolerate. Sometimes I can only tolerate the recliner. LOL
Old 05-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #352  

Carol Sue No wonder your legs ached for so long. That chase after the new puppy was stressful as well as used muscles we protect as we get older. Poor muscles, thank goodness they heal. May your heart valve continue to hold out well.

Understand your frustration with the puppy's habits that are so different from the peace you had before he arrived. Before long I bet you both will have him blending with your ways and giving you the kind of love that only a dog can do.

We considered replacing our Westie that died but when I had carpets cleaned or replaced, my allergies really became so much better. I react going to our Son's home with his dogs, so we simply miss out on the real fun a dog can bring.

I've replaced some of the sweets with unsweetened yogurt and veggies, too. I'm feeling better. Could add even more veggies. DH loves carbs and even had corn on cob AND potatoes at last night's dinner. I chose one, but he polished off the rest. Loved the boiled shrimp he had, however.

I'm setting my next goal to get out of the 220's and considering checking on the South Beach diet. Hard to do when I'm not in charge of meals, but bet I could learn a bit anyhow. Extra veggies definitely will help.

Mary When you mentioned your dog being at your feet at the computer, I remembered Casper loving to crawl down under the covers in DD#3's bed. We never allowed a dog in our bedroom, but she always slept with her pets as does our son's daughter.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #353  

Oh I got way too little sleep last night! In fact I didn't get any sleep until after 7:40 am! Son did not come home and Halo was VERY restless...she has never been that bad before. She grumbled and whimpered all night and started barking at 2 am, I wasn't asleep and when she barked I let her out. She was out about 20 min and I biked ten min then took care of something on the computer before she finally barked to come in. She gave me a little trouble getting her back in her room but she finally went in but wouldn't get on her bed. I offered to tuck her in with her blanky which she often likes but she didn't want it. So I told her to be quiet and go to sleep. Well after a few min she started the grumbling and whimpering again, dh got up at 3 am and gave her a stern talk but she continued but she kept it mostly to grumbling and whimpering until 5:30 am when she started barking again and dh let her out again. He put her back in her room (think she gave him a little trouble too), and she continued her muttering and whimpering. Finally at 6 dh got up to go fishing and he put her out again. Son came home shortly after and he put her back in his room before they left. I was just starting to hopefully get some sleep but no, she started howling! It was past 7:30 by this time so I let her free in the house, made sure nothing was out or open for her to get into (the men forget this), said ok you're on your own but please be quiet! I knew she'd go to sleep on one of the sofas. I then got a little sleep but woke up every hour from about 8-10. I had a lot to do today so I had to get up then, of course, HALO has slept almost all day! So I'm already dreading tonight. Although I enjoy them at times, dogs and kids are very alike...I try to remember that mentally she is probably about a two year old..but really don't think we'd have a dog if it weren't for our son being here. At least as long as we have each other I don't think we would.

The guys did not get any fish as usual but dh is ever hopeful so we went to Costco and bought him a little tent he can put up quickly when it's raining when he's bank fishing (what he does mostly). We also got some new walking sticks as he lost his. These are nicer than what we had. Both from Costco.

I got a load of laundry washed and time to transfer it.

Carole Sue - Glad your doctor was nice and encouraging about your weight and hope your heart valves are working ok. My colon is still making itself felt...at this point I'm not sure what to do more fiber or less but so far I'm continuing with what I've been doing. If the pain gets worse I'll go in to be checked again. Sheesh I've got so many things going on these days I have to just take them one at a time.

Love2Garden - That's the way I try to handle the corn...consider it a grain, not a veggie and choose corn OR rice, potato, bread in a meal, not both. Occasionally though I can't resist...like on Mothers Day I did allow myself both corn and mashed potatoes...know I shouldn't but it's a real treat as goes so well together to my taste buds! At home we usually don't have corn often, but I did buy a case at Costco a while back...because our son and his fam were visiting and I know they like it and they are very picky so wanted something they liked.

How are you today, Glynne? You've had a lot going on recently you must be tired of it all.

Last edited by maryea; 05-16-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:35 PM   #354  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

Got an early start this am ~ DH was having his colonoscopy today ~ they don't usually open on Saturdays, but were going to be today, so he was lucky to get it done and over with. He wanted to have this medical sutff (hopefully) done and out of the way before school is out, so we can be free to do stuff with Maddie this summer.

When it is over, they come get you so the dr can tell you how it went, then when the patient is finished recovering they give you the discharge instructions and send the patient home. He wasn't supposed to be too much longer, but quite a while went by and they hadn't called me yet. I was starting to get a little worried, so I asked them if they could find out how he was doing. They said they had had to give him some extra pain medicine (he had hemorrhoids fixed along with the colonoscopy) and were waiting to make sure he was ok before sending him home.

He had planned to do some errands on the way home, but wasn't feeling like it ~ as I thought he probably wouldn't be. But, silly man, wanted the stuff to get done, so he made me do it and he sat in the car. I thought he should get home and rest, but he insisted he was ok as long as he was sitting down. Goof ball.

We finally made it home and I have been tending out on him. Poor guy ~ he wants to eat, but is trying to think of things that won't make him have to “go”. He has been through this before, he isn't looking forward to it, but at least knows what lies ahead.

Mary ~ I feel so bad that you were not able to get any rest last night. I wish there were some solution for Halo, so that it didn't make things so hard on you and Joe. Hope you can rest tonight. Between your frequent babysitting for your grandchildren lately and trying to keep Halo happy, you are getting worn out. I hope your abdominal pain and other aching places will feel better for you.

Love2 ~ I love when you describe your flower beds and gardens ~ It sounds so beautiful ~ the different plants and colors. I try to picture it in my mind, but can't begin to imagine it. Wish you could put on some pictures of it sometime.

Carol Sue ~ I hope Rusty gets adjusted soon, so you can enjoy having him. Glad you had a good check up with your doctor.

Mary ~ it seems like we have had a lot going on lately, but it isn't because of being sick. Well, except for the parathyroid thing which needed to be corrected and DH's hemorrhoid and shoulder pain stuff. We are trying to get all these things done this year because of the insurance coverage. One more biggy for me (colonoscopy) in a couple weeks, and we are almost done. Hopefully the biopsies they took/are going to take during the procedures will come back negative ~ then it will all be good. The things that are left are just minor things.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 05-16-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #355  

Mary, Halo sounds like my son's dog. He is so attached to my son and really cries when he is gone for a long time. His dog always wants a lot of attention and will sit and let you pet him until Dave tells him to go lie down, then he listens to Dave.

Rusty is adjusting noticeably each day. He's getting to the point where he will go out and do his business then come right back in. That's what our other dogs always did. They didn't like to be out for long periods of time unless we were out there with them. He's getting that way now. The past couple days we sat on the front porch with him to keep him awake so he wouldn't bark at night. That seems to be working, and now he has started coming into our bedroom to sleep instead of staying in the dining room. It seems to keep him from barking if he's in our room. He is starting to stink and needs a bath but we have one more week before we can bathe him since he had his surgery for neutering. Then I want to take him to the vet to get it checked to be sure it healed properly without infection. It doesn't seem to be bothering him. He also had an infection in both ears and we have been putting medicine in them. There was a lot of black junk in there but now they are starting to look clearer. We have to get him to the vet for an initial visit so they will see him quickly if there is an emergency. When you call, they always ask if the dog is a patient of theirs. I'm not crazy about this vet because she always wants to do tests on the dogs for everything. It's so expensive. We feel that other than the shots that are required by law, the dog doesn't need much done if nothing seems to be bothering him. That stance has worked for us with all of our other dogs and they have lived long lives, into the teens, and one lived to 19. So as long as they are eating good and having good bowel habits we consider them healthy.

Recently I was reading a forum where these women were eating low carb and they said that fiber makes colon issues worse, in spite of what doctors say. They posted some links about it and I bookmarked them but haven't gone back to read them yet. If they seem to have some believable information I will let you know. Do you eat yogurt or take probiotics? I bought some probiotics recently but haven't started taking them. I don't know if they have any side effects that I don't want.

I was talking to an older neighbor across the street and he has been diagnosed with diabetes but is in denial. He told me that the doctor wanted to put him on meds a couple years ago but he said no and said he would lower his blood sugar with diet. I remember he lost a lot of weight and he told me he just ate salads and green beans. His fasting blood sugar went down to 90. Eventually he went back to eating other foods. He tests every morning but his blood sugar is creeping back up. They just got back from a cruise then he went for blood work and his fasting was 179, but he blamed that on the food on the cruise, so he still won't take meds. I didn't tell him outright, but he's only fooling himself if he thinks he can "cure" this unless he wants to continue to live on salads the rest of his life. The older couple next door to him both have diabetes but don't watch their diet at all. They just keep injecting more insulin. She has lost her eyesight and he has lost 2 toes so far and is now walking with a walker. I know that we have no guarantees in life, but I sure hope I don't end up like them.

Gayle, I'm glad to hear that DH got his medical procedures taken care of and is home healing. You will both be all set for a fun summer with Maddie. She will like that.

I hope we all have a good summer!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #356  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Another dark, dreary, drippy day here. When it is like this, I feel sleepy and not very peppy. Not that I am very peppy anyway, but somehow the sunshine helps me feel like doing stuff. Maybe/hopefully, it will clear off and the sun will come out later on.

It was kind of a quiet weekend (after DH's procedure). Just us, and me kind of waiting on DH. Glad to do it.

I got to talk to our son on Saturday ~ always enjoy that. And my mom a little yesterday. It was one of her “short” days. She has dementia and lives in a nursing home in Ohio. Some days she is more chatty than others. I am glad for how ever much she feels like talking.

I didn't accomplish much. I did spend some time looking up and reading about high fiber diets. DH is supposed to be eating that way now to help with his hemorrhoid problem. He is kind of set in his ways ~ not so much the foods he eats, but his eating schedule. I think he needs to eat on a different schedule for this way of eating to help him ~ so it might be a challenge to get him to be willing to do that.

Oops ~ I woke up later than usual this morning and missed the time I usually call Mom. It seems that when I miss the morning time, something always seems to come up in the afternoon and the day gets by me and I miss making the call to her.

I'd better get off and do something. Hope you all have a nice day.

ETA ~ DH went for a follow up visit with the cardiologist today ~ after some testing (cardiac stress test and echo-cardiogram) He has to have a cardiac cath ~ the dr says there is somewhat of a blockage, but he thinks it isn't much. Depending on what the dr finds during the procedure, DH might have to have a stent placed, if the blockage isn't too much, he may just end up having to take an anticoagulant type med. That kind of caught me by surprise and shook me up a little. But DH doesn't seem to be overly worried about it, so I am trying not to be too much.

Last edited by glynne; 05-18-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #357  

We got the off and on showers but very little rain to help the garden. Did keep it a bit cooler.

Rough when your Mom has Alzhimers. I nursed Mom thru until the last 6 or 7 months. Wasn't getting more than an hour's sleep at a time and couldn't think. Even after she went to nursing home I kept waking up thinking I heard her calling me, or banging on bedroom door with her cane. took several months for me to get back to normal.

Does she realize it if you don't call?

Rusty is adjusting and it sounds as if you are also. Life will never be the same.

House cleaning day: Exhausted, but pleased with what I got done. One more load to get last of flannel sheets put up till late next fall. DH loves the flannel sheets, but I'm glad to get back to the cooler ones.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #358  

This was weird. Today I called Target Pharmacy to reorder my Metformin. They said it expired and they would have to contact my doctor. A couple hours later I got a robo call from a different pharmacy nearby saying that my prescription was ready. I never dealt with them before, so I called to see what was going on. Apparently, the doctor responded to the wrong pharmacy! I told them that I thought the doctor responded to the wrong pharmacy and asked how much it was. They said "No Charge" so I went and picked it up! Target will probably contact the doctor again to say that they never heard back from him, but I already have my meds. I don't know what will happen with the order from Target, but I don't need it now.

Gayle, had your DH ever had any heart problems in the past? I am assuming he has since he goes to a cardiologist. I wouldn't worry much about this. To me the worst part is having to take the Plavix afterward, if that is what they give him. Otherwise I would rather get the stent and know that it's taken care of. I am knocking on wood, but I haven't had any heart issues since 2009.

Lovetogarden, we had 2 heavy rain storms today. One in the afternoon, and another one just now. Downpours. So our plants got watered well. This is going to cool things down and we are going to have temps in the 60s for the rest of the week, but no more rain. I should be able to get some yard work done in the cooler temps. I can't handle being out in the heat.

Rusty got caught on the bed today and got hollered at. LOL He left his rawhide on my pillow. Evidence. I guess he was leaving Mommy a gift. He did another weird thing. Jumped on DH's recliner, from there jumped to the couch, from there up onto the back of my recliner when I yelled at him to get down. I can only figure that he was trying to get to the picture window so he could look out. He can see out the sliding glass door to the back yard, but not out the front door. I can just imagine what all he does when we leave him alone. But there will be not crating. DH says no to that.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #359  

Rusty seems to be making himself at home now!!! Can't count how many times we had to restrict our dogs before they listened and obeyed. I hate the smell that a chair gets when a dog camps out. Wish my sense of smell was not so keen.

I still remember when I came back from 5 weeks with Mom when Dad died, and our dog of at least 5 years looked at me and then marched into our bedroom under the bed!!! I was furious. Of course DH had not felt like chasing him out of the room before shuting the door. Took another year to teach Casper that our room was NOT his. I gave up on the chair by the window in the front room. I just never used it. After we lost him, I'd tear up every time I saw that chair. Finally our youngest daughter took it to her first apartment.

Glad the meds were "no charge" Neat how things work out.

Heart Problems: Sure hope Gayle's husband has whatever does him the most good. Glad Carol Sue is without heart problems now.

I envy the cooler weather, wish we had it. I'm heading for 6 month check up with Doctor in a few minutes. Hope to meed our youngest daughter afterward. She works within walking distance from the Doctor. I sure miss spending time with her.

Both our younger daughters were with us for Mother's day, but I also need one-on-one time with each.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #360  

Rusty has not been on the furniture since. He looks at the couch, but doesn't jump up, yet. Our other dogs were permitted on the couch but had their own afghan that was kept on the couch and they sat on that. It got washed regularly. If Rusty starts to go up there, the afghan will return. Right now we have it on the floor but he won't lay on it.

Rusty does not bark if someone comes to the door. In a way, I wish he would. If he doesn't start doing that, he won't be a good watchdog. I guess different dogs have different personalities, just like people. He was really barking when we first saw him in the shelter, unless it was all the other dogs barking and we just assumed he was too. So far he only barks when he needs to go out. Our other dog would just stand at the door, and if you didn't notice he was there, he went on the floor. I like the barking to go out much better! LOL

It looks dreary but it's not supposed to rain for the next few days. Right now it is 52 at 8:45 and not supposed to get over 70. This is my kind of weather. No humidity.
Closed Thread