Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #226  

Height: 5'3"

I thought I posted already today but can't find it so maybe I didn't submit it. Probably got distracted, so will start again. Went to church where we had a guest speaker who gave a good message. Since then it's been a quiet day. We had leftover restaurant food for lunch, for me that was just 1.5 veggie egg rolls. Saved the BBQ pork for dinner tonight when I'll make the fried rice. I've also had a few strawberries and a small banana plus a pb mocha today. My weight was up this morning 1.5 #, I was so hoping it would stay below 170, but now is 170.5 again. I can't say I've been trying very hard though...still can't get back into diet mode.

The house is so nice and quiet today. I've done a little laundry...not mine..did my dil's thinking it was dirty because it was in a hamper in the dirty garage. Well turned out it was clean! I told her well now it should be extra clean. I have it folded and ready for pickup along with a few little things they left. Now I'm doing my son's laundry. He won't expect me to do it but it will make life easier for him as he's been working 7 days (not home yet today) for his usual job and the army. I need to clean house but decided to just pick up and wait til tomorrow, if I get a chance...I babysit in the am and have the memorial service in the afternoon. So gonna be kind of a busy week for us/me I guess. I haven't had much pain today, am hoping it's almost over.

Glynne -I forgot my Metformin once and was just advised to have a kidney functioning test asap. I did the next day and never heard back so guess all is ok. I pee like crazy so guess that's a good sign?
I'm glad you have gotten the tests done and hoping everything goes well.

Carol Sue - I've heard a lot this past few weeks of so many different food likes and dislikes...it's wierd how people can like some foods but then if they are with other foods not like them. I'm glad to be back to eating what we like and not worrying about it. I guess I'd be better off if I didn't like starch so much...I love potatoes but we mostly eat rice...either way starch.
I grew up poor too...not the worst kind of poor..we always had enough to eat but it wasn't always what I wanted. Mom grew a large garden and canned everything. We ate a lot of ground beef and potatoes...beef roast or fried chicken on Sundays, esp chicken. I think maybe that's why I haven't cared much for chicken since ...however sometimes I do like it so guess I'm wierd too. My kids thought I liked chicken because I cooked so much of it but I told them only recently I really didn't, it was just the cheaper usually. On Sundays my dad would often invite people home for dinner...mom never knew ...so she just had to be prepared. She'd get up early and bake pies just in case, so we usually had pie on Sunday. We never had pumpkin but she made a very very good squash pie and also a good raisin pie. I don't know whether I'd like them now or not but I sure did back then. She baked bread now and then, or biscuits and cinnamon rolls, but we also bought bread...always the white spongy stuff. I didn't know any different then, but I hate that spongy kind now. I still like the home made bread though. We rarely ate beans and rice except we had rice pudding sometimes. That's the only way I ate rice until I met my Filipino husband. He taught me how to cook rice and how to cook vegetables without cooking them to death. However It does not mean he always ate healthy....they eat a lot of fat on their meat and in cooking. I did change that part.

Yes I think your dh would hopefully learn fast about finances if he's left on his own! My dh is very frugal...sometimes I even try to get him to spend esp since our finances have been in good shape. He's beginning to loosen up and spend on himself although he buys from the sales racks. He's got more clothes than I do now. I rarely buy clothes because I'm too hard to fit. I did buy three pairs of workout pants this past week because I needed them, but I hate shopping.

Last edited by maryea; 04-12-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, I have so many clothes my closets and drawers are overflowing! You would have to see it to believe it. It's not that I buy so many, but I don't get rid of anything. The things I buy are basic pieces, so they don't go out of style. Many of my clothes are too tight but I keep hoping that I will lose weight. I have very old clothes that I wear at home. I was just thinking to myself that I should get rid of them and wear my nicer things even though I'm at home. It would make me feel better about myself. It seems that every time I wear a nicer top I end up spilling something on it and it's ruined. Also, when I'm working in the kitchen I use Soft Scrub with Bleach and if I splash it on myself I get bleach marks on my clothes. The woman across the street from us gets a lot of deliveries from UPS. She told me that she buys a lot of things from QVC and I think a lot of them are clothes. She always has nice matching outfits on, then here I am in my black stretch pants and a big old tee shirt. I always check the clearance racks when I shop.

Lately they have been saying that it's OK to eat fat, that the carbs are worse for you. I have always thought that Asians are much thinner than Americans and it's because of how they eat, even though they eat rice. Lots of vegetables and not a lot of meat. I have always liked rice. I got tired of potatoes since we ate them so much growing up. Just recently I have started eating brown rice and even have DH eating it, as long as it's in something else, not by itself. But the brown rice raises blood sugar, too.

Mary, one time I had 2 loads of towels to wash. I put one load in the washer and had the other load sitting in the basket to be washed next. I hollered downstairs for my teenage step-daughter to put the towels in the dryer. I went down later to wash the other load and the clean ones were still in the washer. She had put the dirty ones in the dryer. I couldn't yell at her about it because I didn't specify. The dirty ones probably felt damp to her. So I had to take them out of the dryer and put them in the washer.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-13-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #228  

We are babysitting this morning, and then this afternoon we are going to the memorial service of our friend/former neighbor, so it's a busy day.

From my experience, Filipinos do not necessarily eat a lot of veggies...they do use some veggies in their cooking and I'm sure some eat a lot more veggies than others, but dh's family does not seem to eat much. Even the "vegetable dishes" usually contain shrimp or some type meat and most foods contain a lot of sodium and fat. Some modern cooks are trying to change that though. Dh says when he was growing up, it was a little meat/fish if they had it, but mostly veggies and rice. Those in PI usually enjoy American packaged foods too which is usually not the healthiest. Dh grew up in a poor family and from the fact that he had poor gums early in life and ended up with false teeth in his 20s, I don't think he had very good nutrition or maybe it was his mother who didn't. He was not overweight of course, not only because he didn't get a whole lot to eat, didn't eat much sugar and baked goods and moved a lot. He was always very active and still is. These days both in PI and his state-side family their food is much more concentrated on meat and white rice. We were last there in 2009 and although there was much improvement in the streets and sanitation I did not see much change in the diet. Some of his fam in the states have become diabetics as they aged and try to change but it is hard for them. I think perhaps it is the Chinese and Japanese people who eat more healthy. Of course fast food is everywhere now so that has made a difference too. I saw many more overweight people on the last trip. Remember this is just from my experience and observations.

I get rid of my clothes if they don't fit now. I used to keep them but found out that when I lost weight and got them altered, they never quite fit right or were so out of date, I just ended up buying new ones anyway. On the fat, my doc said it interferes with the insulin getting the glucose into the cell. I'm sure a little is fine though. Food tastes much better and is more filling when you use a little healthy fat. I used to try to use very little but am using more these days. I use mostly olive oil, coconut oil or Smart Balance, but my doc said my arteries don't make a distinction between the types of fat.

Well need to do a little around here while the kids are watching movies. Since my pain has lessened, I'm sleeping better but I'm still tired and finding it hard to get myself going. Take care you all and have a good day..

Last edited by maryea; 04-13-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #229  

Mary, I think one of these days you might see me on that show Hoarders! LOL DH and I both have a hard time getting rid of things. Anytime I want to get rid of clothes, he says see if my daughter wants it. She is taller and thinner than I am so forget about pants. I have given her some tops, but if they are out of style, she is not going to want them. But he insists that I let her go through them before I get rid of them. With other things, he will say "You could get $5 for that." I do not want to have a yard sale. I just want to get rid of the stuff! I do donate my books to the library after I am done with them. My friend gives me all the books she reads which were all given to her by someone else, then I read them, then they go to the library for their book sale. Now that I have a Kindle, I get a lot of free ebooks from Amazon and I prefer to read on the Kindle because it's easier to hold, easier to take with me, and I like that I can adjust the font size.

I woke up at 4 AM, then again at 6 AM, then slept until 9:30. I haven't done that in a long time, but I think it was because DH got up and I was alone in bed. It's easier for me to sleep when no one else is there. I still have some pain, but it's not severe. It's what I consider normal pain. LOL
Old 04-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #230  

Love2garden, where are you? I want to vent. LOL

I have a pot of hyacinth from Easter. DH insists that he's going to plan it in the yard. I keep telling him I am going to dry out the bulbs and plant them in the fall. I can't make him understand that!

Now I went out to look to see what's coming up on the west side of the house. Here, he has split my yucca, or whatever it's called, and planted it right in the middle of where my iris bulbs are! I guess it just looked like a big bare spot to him. I want to kill him! Also, a couple years ago he dug up a piece of my neighbors burning bush and planted it in the middle of a flower bed. Now it's getting bigger and really should be moved somewhere else, but we really don't have a good spot for it. He just decided he wanted it. The neighbor has no idea he dug it up from one of hers.

I guess I am going to have to go out and dig up those iris bulbs and figure out what I'm going to do with them. Why can't he talk to me about these things before he goes charging into it head long? I'm about ready to just let him do what he wants and wash my hands of the whole thing.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #231  

Height: 5' 2"

Carol Sue Bless your heart, no wonder you wanted to vent!!!

I understand that the Hyacinth can go in the ground now, some of mine went in that way and did fine.

Oh, poor Iris! I finally protected some prize plants by putting the portable fences around the area as a warning to DH and to the tree trimmers. Protected Peonies with the Hoops and the Cinnamon ferns with short bamboo poles encircling the most endangered ones.

Thursday Gardening center is bringing us a new Japanese Maple to plant in spot that has Rhododendron that Keeps dying back more and more. DH said "we won't live long enough for that thing to be worth keeping." He is right.

Our neighbor also gardens, but our TV room big window opens directly across from her Kitchen window. The 5 foot tree will give us each a bit more privacy without having to close blinds. It has the feathery look of beautiful red leaves. Hopefully we chose one that stays red but I was so excited to get it I failed to ask.

I will remove a few hostas, and some rocks around the area so the men can remove the old shrub and plant the new tree without getting hurt.

Gayle, I've marked your surgery date in my calendar and am praying for successful surgery without the need to stay overnight.

I'm not likely to get rid of clothes, but had to adjust when DD#2 moved in permanently with us. I have the extra closet here in Computer room that holds my coats and out of season clothes. Also DH's hunting clothes that are so big and bulky.

DH says I wait till I'm desperate before I buy clothes. Wasn't poor as a child, but both parents very thrifty and I am also. Probably carry it overboard as I tend to do. If I can recycle anything I usually do. Some things simply need to go in the garbage.

Mary, I forgot about donating books to the Library. Many of mine are religious and I may simply take those to Church, in Gathering space, and mark them FREE. All others will go with me to Library next trip.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #232  

Notice how we are not only talking about plants/gardening but also about decluttering our houses/getting rid of stuff? A sure sign of spring in our minds if not the weather. Here it is mostly spring like weather but even for us it has been a very unusual fall/winter and now into spring. Don't know what to expect for summer!

Ok, my doctor report...I like this doctor so far...he is rather quiet, soft spoken, almost shy-like and seems very nice. He did not make me feel rushed. He asked me to tell him about me...I kept it to what I was there for..and he then gve me a fairly thorough physical check. He had me lay down, checked my abdomen and I told him about the pain I have at times in my upper rt abdomen. He palpated my liver and said it is somewhat enlarged! Wondered if it could be related to my liver but really didn't expect him to say that! He said it could cause the pain but wasn't sure. While on my back he had me cross my legs over my knee and could see the difference in my right and that it hurt me. He also had me push away his hands while sitting up and could see that it hurt on my right. My previous doctor did not check me like this at all. This new doctor says he thinks I have stiffened up from the lack of exercise (there was about 4 mo there where we didn't go to the gym, remember) and also he thinks I have arthritis in that hip. He offered me a referral and/or PT but I declined at this point as it does seem to be getting better. I was thinking the other day, that since our son moved in I have only taken one or two tub baths. I always used to ONLY take tub baths and they esp when achy felt so good. Now I rarely take one as it has become easier to take a shower in our bathroom off the master bedroom. I wonder if that might play a part in the stiffening. A nice warm bath can relax muscles!
So I'm going to try and take tub baths more often again. This was just my idea, did not mention to doctor. About my diabetes, I showed him my bs readings and today my am was over 200 and I admitted I snack too much. He wants me to write down what I eat for a week for his review...I told him that might be embarrassing but I'd try. I'm sure I'll eat better if I know he's going to see it. but will I keep it up after that He also suggested fasting from carbs for a week!!! OMGosh I don't know if I can do that and I told him so. Anyway we got a long fine, and he wants all my records sent to him so I made the call for both dh and I to have our records. They asked me why so I confessed we were changing doctors. It was easier because I didn't know the person, was glad I didn't have to talk to the nurse. I have to admit just changing to a nice doctor makes me want to try harder to be well and feel good again. He wants me to go back in 6 weeks if he has my full record by then.

I don't do the planting but do tell my dh where I want them sometimes..he doesn't always listen though...I don't know the names of most of our plants...we have quite a few..some I knew at one time but have forgotten, dh can't remember them any better. I know we have some hostas, a hydrangeas and a hollyhock, several rose bushes, and many others. We have a flowering tree near the street that is so pretty when blooms but fades fast. A few years ago our youngest dd gave dh a maple tree and said it grows slowly...but actually it is growing pretty fast and has at least doubled in sign already...it is beautiful and we just love it. When my oldest son moved back to our city, he gave me a tree...I think it's some type of maple too but entirely different in looks...it's still small maybe 4 ft...has green leaves in spring/summer with red tips..the tips aren't there yet but I notice it has tiny little red berries on the ends right now. I don't remember that from before. I cherish it too esp because he gave it to me, and it marks his return here, something I never expected to happen and has made me so happy.

We also have two Japanese lilac bushes...one has blooms and is fragrant, the other is younger and hasn't done much yet. We have another large shrub near the curb and dips out into the street with its cones of lilac blooms...they are a different type with slight fragrance and I really like them. Dh always wants to trim it back but it is not sticking out so much as to be a concern and I like it like that. We have a bamboo plant we've had for many years...it is getting quite large and wild. May have to cut it back a bit. There is another maple that is growing near it...we didn't plant it...it just blew there I guess and slowly grew, probably 5-6 ft now. It's getting kind of pretty too. It's will likely get too large for where it is though, I don't know.

We have an area in our back yard we call the orchard with several small fruit trees and bushes. We get more and more blueberries each year and lots of apples but the apples are often wormy so mostly we don't eat them. We also have 4 or 5 (forget) box gardens where dh plants vegetables. And we have two grape vines. The olest one our older son brought us when he moved in last summer then he gave us the second one just recently. The oldest one is a wine grape but the new one is an eating grape. We got small grapes last year on the first one.

I'm kinda like you love2, I have to get desperate to shop...but then I'll sometimes buy 2 or 3 or more items just to get it over with for a while. LOL I thought only men were like that. I suspect that if I ever got skinny I'd enjoy shopping again though esp if I got more energy like the last time I lost.

Last edited by maryea; 04-14-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #233  

Mary, this new doctor sounds wonderful! I am so happy for you that you found someone who is so thorough.

I think the reason he wants you to eliminate all carbs for a week is to see if your body is still producing insulin. And it probably is. I get AM readings over 200 once in a while, too, especially when I snack in the evening.

Are you concerned about your enlarged liver? Did he say what would cause that? I always wondered why the doctor made me lie down while he pressed on different things. I guess that tells them something. I hope it isn't anything to worry about.

I'm glad you got over this hurdle. I'm sure it eases your mind.

We have 2 lilac bushes in the back. I don't know what kind they are as they are from cuttings from another neighbor. At least this neighbor gave us the cuttings of his own accord. LOL DH did not "steal" these. When the lilacs bloom, I have to stay indoors. They really get my allergies going. I guess I could go for allergy shots, but I just try to stay away from whatever is causing the symptoms.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #234  

Yes, I am concerned about my liver. I don't think it is ever a good thing for sure. I suspect it is from the diabetes or metabolic syndrome, I almost never drink alcohol so can forget that..but there are other causes, none that great.
Gee you guys must think it's always something going on with me! But really mostly this stuff has only started happening since right before my 70th birthday!

I've always had trouble with my am bs and the liver stores glucose which is secreted as glycogen in the am and I suspect that's out of wack in me. So maybe that has something to do with it. Also I had hepatitis as a teen, wonder if that could have predisposed me in some way If it continues to be enlarged or grows more, I think he will send me for an MRI or something. I did some research on it and noted that one symptom is a sense of fullness in the abd, and I have noticed that in recent months, although it doesn't keep me from eating but I don't eat as much when I feel it because I become too uncomfortable. I wondered about it but didn't think about my liver. I only thought about my liver when I started having the pain. It is mild but annoying. It usually occurs when sitting and eating and seems to radiate to my back on same side. However I often have the back pain without the abd pain, but if it starts with the abd pain, I usually end up getting the back pain. Wierd. Hopefully I'll learn more soon.

Meantime the thought of this is making me be more careful aboutmy diet, and of course, I am praying about it, ultimately my life is in God's hands. I did a little better with my eating yesterday, but hope to do even better today. My weight has dropped a bit and I hope it holds or drops more...whether it is from the new drug (doc said it might do that), or the liver issue, or my eating a bit less I don't know. The diabetic Solutions Kit says to weigh mid-week...Wed. So today I was 168.5. In Feb I was as high as 174.5 so I have dropped six pounds of the 10# I gained on the other drug last summer.

I forgot to tell my new doctor about suspending my statin drug so tested the website by sending a message and a nurse responded to it early this morning, so that was impressive. Once I sent a message to my other clinic's site and got no response.

We went to our neighbor friends memorial service yesterday. It went well..she was loved by many. My dh surprised me by speaking and told them all about how she delivered my last baby at home as we couldn't get to the hospital in time. And that baby was there with us at the service. That was how I met her and her dh! They were sure good neighbors.

Went to the gym and then for groceries this am, and stopped at CU for our cash for rest of month. I need a haircut but so far haven't gotten myself to go do it. My house is messy as I haven't done much housework since the kids left and they've been back a couple times too.

I'm tired so going to rest a bit and think about getting that haircut.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #235  

That's amazing that your neighbor delivered your baby, and that baby was at her memorial service. It's nice to have good neighbors. The house next door to us is a rental because the owners couldn't sell it when they moved. There are several guys renting it. They live in Ohio, but are working at a company up the road from us. There are here M-F then go home to Ohio for the weekend. No one knows them very well. They say hello, and don't cause any trouble. Most of the other neighbors are elderly and raised their families in those homes. A couple of the houses have been sold to couples in their 50s. It's quiet here.

I hope your liver problems aren't anything serious. You are right that your life is in God's hands. When I was going in for my open heart surgery that was what I kept telling DH, that I didn't have a choice about it, it had to be done, so it was in God's hands. I had such a calm over me, and I wasn't nervous about it at all.

On another board where I post, the ladies talked me into making a goal for my weight loss. They said it's better to have a goal than to just say you're going to lose weight. Having a goal gives you something to aim for. So I set a goal of 5 lbs per month. We'll see how this goes. I have to do something. I hate that I'm facing another summer at this weight. At least in the winter I have sweat shirts and heavy coats covering me up, but in the summer, it's all right there.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #236  

Carol Sue - I was really impressed because I just found a message from my new doc telling me to continue to stay off the statin a few weeks more and then we will discuss it when I go in again. He even said if I want to discuss this further to call him. I have nothing more to discuss but it is nice to hear that.

I think setting a goal is good although I rarely meet them. But I will try and be more optimistic and will set a goal of one pound a week which is 4-5# month. I actually will be happy if I lose 1/2 that though so perhaps I should start with that. When I worked as a nurse the nutritionist said not to try to lose more than 5% of your weight in one month, but since then I have known many people (including myself) who have lost much more than that in a month. I did regain my weight though and I know some of them did too. I guess it is too fast for the changes to become a lifestyle. I am back to using My Fitness Pal to track my intake. So far so good today...only I did get some sugar which I would prefer to avoid. I think you are right about the fasting from carbs, but oh, I hate the thought of it!! Right now I am just trying to avoid the higher carb foods and (hopefully) sugar.

I've known that kind of peace in the past when I had surgery or a procedure so know what you mean.

I did my son's tax return last night. He always puts it off as long as possible.
Then I stayed up late. Added streaming to my Netflix membership and have been watching movies on my computer. Watched Left Behind World at War, and really liked it, so am getting the DVD for dh to watch. Currently we can't stream to our TV and he doesn't like to use my monitor even though it is pretty large. I got Left Behind Tribulation Force first though as we missed that one. There is a new one now with Nicolas Cage and I'm looking forward to it. It's suppose to be better than the old first one plus I really like him as an actor. I slept good though I only got my usual 5-6 hrs.

Hi love2, doitforme...and others who may be lurking...

Last edited by maryea; 04-15-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #237  

According to what your nutritionist says, I should be trying to lose 9.8 lbs per month, so I guess my 5 lb is really low. One of the ladies said that your goal should be enough to challenge you but not so much that it overwhelms you. I never seem to reach the goals that I set for myself, so I wanted one that seemed doable to me. I think if I set my goal at 9 lbs and I didn't reach it I would feel like a failure and get discouraged. I want to be able to feel good that I reached my goal. Some of these women have lost a lot of weight. One woman lost 100 lbs for the third time. Then there are some others who aren't speaking up about it, but I see from their tickers that they have lost 10 or 20 lbs or so, so they are having a more difficult time with it like I do.

When I eat sweets I feel nauseated. My sister-in-law is like that and she actually throws up from it, but she said hers is because she had bariatric surgery and that is a side effect. If I eat something sweet and start to feel nauseated, I have to eat something else to get that sweet taste out of my mouth. I can eat cake, but not icing. I like it when I'm eating it, but then I get nauseated. It's like that with cookies, too. I'm OK if I eat a plain butter cookie.

I think it is wonderful that you have found such a good doctor. Big change from the old one!

I rarely stay up past 10 PM. I usually go to bed earlier than that and watch TV in bed. DH usually has something on the big TV that I don't like. I didn't get much sleep last night. Around 1 AM I thought I heard DH calling me. He wasn't in bed and the hall light was on so I thought he was sick. I jumped out of bed so fast and went running down the hall. He was in the kitchen getting a drink of water, but said he didn't call me. I couldn't get back to sleep after that. I was still awake at 4, and I think I did doze off but woke up again around 6 and got up. I will be dragging today. I should have taken a benedryl after I got up at 1.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #238  

Height: 5' 2"

Carol Sue what a night!!! No wonder you are dragging.

Thank goodness, no food really causes me a problem so far. I try to eat healthy and am learning to STOP earlier even if some food is wasted. Now that I don't do the cooking for breakfast or supper, I've learned to simply eat less of what may be more fattening. DH is pretty good to be aware of giving us plenty of green, orange or other color veggies with each meal. All three of us like almost all veggies.

Sweets? Most are kept away and that really helps me. Shortbread cookies, Lorna Dune are one Ted likes and I eat a few with coffee.

Mary Thank goodness you seem to have a decent doctor that is a jewel to listen and really pay attention to you. Interesting he asked you to stay off the statins until next visit. Hope the tub baths help your ache, and even your sleep, too.

You must have a good size piece of land to hold all those plants! We've lost the name of some of ours, but I've kept Gardening Journals that are a real help. We note when we lime the grass, put on fertilizer, the kind and where. Also when we plant something new and where.

I've named all the areas, such as in the north west garden where the Sun last shows is the "Sunset Garden." Another area is shaped like an "L" and that is it's name. "Mail Box Garden", North Fence Garden, Gate Garden, etc.

Sure helps when I make transplants so I know what to expect the next year. I also draw sketches of the plants using the fence posts as markers to show locations of perennials.

Today we had a red, cut leaf Tamukeyama Maple put in the back yard. It is absolutely perfect with all the green and yellow hostas, and ferns around it. Our gardening neighbor, Marti, loves these trees too and was glad to hear we now share enjoyment of this beauty. Mark, who planted it, was super careful of my wildflowers and Hostas that surround that area. He was fun to talk with, too. Dh supervised and I did a rare thing, I simply observed.

Strangely enough, I'm learning NOT to interfere when DH wants to do something. With his recent retirement, I've had to really be careful. I retired first and am learning to get used to the house being a bee hive of activity with daughter moved back and DH retired. Actually we laugh a lot and enjoy each other and have developed a great system for utilizing house and appliances in a peaceful way. Thank God for that blessing.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #239  

My house seems so dirty to me right now. I thought I'd get a lot done today but instead I slept in very late. Dh got up early to go fishing and our son is out of town. Got up for Halo and gave her the run of the house and went back to bed. I have done very little since the kids left and that almost a week ago. Yesterday I did vacuum quickly over both the living room and family room. I said I would clean the carpets this week as they really need it esp the family room and hall but I haven't done it. I have just been very lazy. I am playing catchup with the laundry now too. Yesterday when I was vacuuming I noticed finger prints and sticky places on my glass table tops in the living room, crumbs on the carpet....LOL forgot how little children do that.

Love2 - That's kind of what I am doing...if I know something is very fattening, or esp if it is very high carb I am trying to avoid it or eat only a little. I am more concerned with my bs than my weight however losing weight should help with that too...so they go together. GFY on keeping a gardening journal...I've thought of doing that but since I don't actually do the planting and often don't even know when he plants something, it is not easy. I've suggested he write things down but he doesn't. Gardening is really his thing but I have gotten more interested in recent years.

Carol Sue - The nutritionist said NO MORE than 5% weight loss in a month. That was to prevent some from losing too much too fast. You don't have to try and lose that much. I'm the same way...I rarely meet my weight goals and would only get discouraged if I made my goal too high. I wish I got sick from sweets! Maybe I'd stay away from them then. So far this morning I have only drank a nutritious smoothie. It was from a mix I got free for a review on Amazon. http://kuranutrition.com/ The first one was vanilla but today I received some samples...chocolate and berry. I wish the directions were more clear, I'm just sorta guessing how to do it and perhaps that's it, it's up to you. They suggest only nondairy liquid but I am out of almond milk so have only tried with NF milk and water. I think the reason they don't mention milk is that the base itself contains dairy proteins. They are pretty tasty esp the chocolate. I still miss my mocha and will continue to drink them..the one I make now is only about one carb serving, but there is sugar in the mix.

I've heard family members calling me when sleeping too and it seemed so real. Perhaps your sub-conscious was aware of his getting up and that made you think he called you. I have been sleeping better this past week even though it is still interrupted. I think it is because my pain has eased and I was just so tired.

Last edited by maryea; 04-16-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #240  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

You'll have to forgive me ~ I had hoped to catch up and do personals this morning, but my head is aching, so I will have to do that another time.

I had my mammogram yesterday. Another thing out of the way. Some people tell about it being very painful. I have only ever felt it to be uncomfortable. It was a litte more uncomfortable yesterday than past ones I have had. The lady had me twisted up like a pretzel. In the evening, my shoulder was hurting terrible ~ I think from the weird position I was in and having to hold it that way until she made sure she had a good picture. I guess it is all worth it if it helped her to get a good picture. It is better this morning, but I'm having this headache now ~ I think it may be due to the stretching and twisting yesterday ~ muscles were hurting in my neck as well as the shoulder. Anyway ~ glad that is done for another year.

My son is gonna pick me up early afternoon ~ he asked me if I would help him pack to move. So, today and next Friday I'll be doing that. I don't mind that ~ it isn't hard. He has all these rubbermaid tubs and he puts everything in those. Hopefully maybe he left the tape (telling what is in each tub) on them from the last time ~ that would make it go a little quicker. Hopefully my head will feel better by then.

Hope things are ok with you all. I'll catch up another time.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 04-17-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Closed Thread