Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #106  
Doxie Jax's Mom

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/159

Height: 5'3" used to be 5'6" :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Hi...off to bridge in a few but have a warning unless you really want to drive yourself insane do Not ever try to put a 1000 piece jigsaw together without the picture. Just finished and taking babbling self off to return the baggie with pieces. Never never never again. BBL k3

Haha Karen.....you had me LOL over this one!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Donna!! Have a Great Day!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy happy birthday Donna. Hope your day is great!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #109  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Donna ~ enjoy your day
Old 09-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #110  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

I'm having a LOVELY day, thanks!! I tell you, this is the best place in the WORLD to work (or else they really like me.... that's probably it!). I got flowers and home-made cinnamon cake and presents. It was fun. It sure takes the sting out of being 65... but NOT the shock of being 65!

Thank you all for the good wishes!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #111  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jess hopes iTs awesome. rosey
Old 09-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #112  

Hi everyone. just got back from the dR,s office was suppose to have staples out but becuz of the biG dose of antibioTics im on ,ive goT a yeast infection amongst my staples and stitches,so on new meds,and powder(prescription) and im suppose to not wear the belly band. and let things dry out,very itchy,buT Glad the belly band is gone for now. another apt Monday. and maybe home later this week. I couldn't as k for better care,from mr cranky,daughter and sil and grkids. buT I want to go home. its sunny ouT so Today so im going to sunbath my incision for awhile . thankyou for all the support,im feeling ok, rosey
Old 09-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #113  

Rosey, sorry to hear about the yeast infection and hope it clears up soon.. I know your family is taking good care of you but also know how anxious you are to get home. Take care of you!!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Birthday Donna

Happy Healing Rosey

Now picture all the things I tried to post as 3FC kept hanging me up. Imagine the sweetest thoughts and real hugs for both of you.

k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-13-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #115  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Been reading here (barely) and not posting. Was feeling rotten for a few days, but thankfully was feeling a little better today.

I was working on some more little dresses for Maddie, and then with the left over cloth, made/making some little dresses for her cabbage patch doll. That has been fun.

Rosey ~ sorry for the yeast infection. Hope it clears quickly so you can get back home. Glad your family is taking such good care of you.

Donna ~ glad you had such a nice day on your birthday. You are special ~ glad your coworkers made you feel that way. How is Samson doing? How bout GM?

K3 ~ wow ~ I can’t even imagine trying to put together a puzzle without the picture to guide me. Have you gotten any break in that heat?

Welcome Jillie ~ your description of the area you live sounds beautiful

Cajun ~ hope the leaves are just right at the time you are in NC.

Lynn ~ sorry your knee is paining you ~ hope it feels better soon.

Bobbi ~ please be careful up on that ladder.

Welcome Kris ~ good loss on your first WW week ~ keep up the good work.

Deelee ~ glad you stopped in. Often wonder how you are doing. That wedding is right around the corner now. Glad your video project turned out nicely. One less thing to worry about.

Sassy ~ did they get your dr’s appointment straightened out? Did you finally get your obturator thingy? Glad you are enjoying your new home.

K31 ~ thank you for that list of helpful hints. Gotta try some of those. How is Ginger doing? Are you feeling better?

Mary ~ sorry for your struggles with the food. It is never ending isn’t it. Hope for you that you have some good nights of rest ~ more of those than the not so good ones.

Ree ~ your eating plan sounds like a good one.

Starting to get sleepy, so guess I will quit playing around here and get to bed. Hope you all rest well and have a nice weekend.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 09-14-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #116  

This is so cute and made me smile! Thought that I would share it with you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dbBfXCMbH4&sns=fb
Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #117  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Brrrrrrrrrrr....my toes and fingers are cold typing this. It got down to the 40's last night and the house hasn't warmed up yet from the sun. No heat yet, it's too early to turn that on. I made bean soup with ham for supper and found this 5 star recipe for bread machine Rosemary bread to go with the soup. I'm using the dough selection on my bread machine, then baking it in the oven. You all have a great week-end.
Donna...you are loved at the office as well as here.
Rosey...I'm just going to pray harder so the infection goes away.

Quote:

Rosemary Bread Machine *****

1 cup water

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon dried rosemary

2 1/2 cups bread flour (might need more flour)

1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start. Ready in 3 hours

Option: I let my bread machine mix and knead and baked it in the oven (375 degrees for 30 min. First turn your oven on to 200ºF (100ºC), for about 10 minutes & turn off

I put all ingredients in my bread machine (in the order suggested by the manufacturer - wet, dry, yeast on top), turned on the dough cycle and selected the 1.5 lb. loaf setting (this took about 1.5 hours), then took the dough out, punched it down and put it in a greased (with Pam) bowl, turned to coat and covered for 10 minutes. After the dough had rested, I shaped it into a round loaf, covered, and let it rise until doubled in size (a half hour did the trick). Before placing in my 375 degree oven, I brushed the top of the loaf with EVOO and some more (crushed) rosemary and coarse sea salt to taste. The addition of the salt was deelicious and a must.

One thing to note: allow your bread to cool a bit before slicing

Rolls...Put it in breadmaker on dough, then cut into 16 pieces,rolled into balls, placed on greased cookie sheet, brushed w/olive oil, sprinkled w/sea salt & crushed rosemary. (Or 12 balls placed in muffin tin)Baked @ 375 for 17-20 min. Place 9 x 13 pan full of warm water on bottom rack in oven for crusty rolls.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #118  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Goldens!

Bobbi - the rosemary bread sounds wonderful! Did it turn out and did you like it? I made a chicken pot pie for dinner last night (comfort food... Fall in the air!) and have enough to enjoy all weekend. YUM.

We had nasty black clouds yesterday afternoon, but I don't think anyone got any more rain. The flooding was so very unusual for the city, and I hope everyone is drying out. I didn't have any problems here. MamaNature is NOT a happy person, is she?

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Rosey - I hope that infection goes away FAST. I know how anxious you are to be back in your own house! Good thoughts.

Gayle - are you feeling better these days? Any job potentials? Hang in there.

No news. I'm looking forward to gorking today. In fact, I slept until 10 (unheard of!!), so I'm off to a good start!

Later, lovelies!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #119  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Looks like a couple new people joined us while I've been away? Welcome to the group! We went north to Leavenworth, WA for a three nights just for a change of scenery. It is located at the base of the mountains and very pretty. Several years ago, they turned it into a Bavarian Village and attract many tourists. This was our third or fourth visit but we still enjoy it. Didn't do much. I was having a lot of pain when we first got there, but got some Tylenol and it really helped me enjoy the rest of our time there. There is an island right behind our condos and we walked around it each morning....guess maybe three miles? Not sure but we got a good walk and some good inclines too. With my eating, I just tried to be careful and don't think I did too badly. Will know more tomorrow but my weight right now is about the same as before we left. My bs is coming down but I did have one day when it was very high. They have a free waffle breakfast at the resort and I think that was it...and once it went up, it took a while to get it down. Dh noticed it with his too. So I switched to yogurt with a tablespoon of sliced almonds and a little fruit and it was much better. This morning I didn't have any yogurt though so we shared a waffle and hoped for the best!
I'm glad to be home and tired, however dh rested a few minutes and then went out to mow the lawn. He amazes me!

Rosey - Sorry about the infection. Praying for a full recovery from all of it! Understand about wanting to go home...there is not place like home!

Too tired to type more but hope you all have a nice weekend!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #120  

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Golden Girls, I would like to join. I could use some focus. Some support. I am married for 35 years and have 2 grown children. I work as a nurse and absolutely love it. My husband and I keep active and motivate each other (oh - that's a nice way of putting it) .
Closed Thread