Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

OMG we are having a tropical cold front according to the weatherfools. Now ladies it only got up to 88 and it felt like "92". Funny but the pool is cooling down. I am too pooped to pop. Went grocery shopping and it had been 2 weeks so pantry was bare. Cook some turkey thighs for Dash this am and he still can't do oven. He was begging for turkey half way.

What is it with tomatoes anymore? I buy red ones from Tenn right now and if they sit on the counter for a week or more they don't ripen or rot. When you cut them open it looks like a scifi white wormy root. Taste less too!

Think I'll curl up and read nothing worth watching on tv.....reruns of reruns. k3
Old 09-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #152  
Doxie Jax's Mom

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/159

Height: 5'3" used to be 5'6" :-(

It's been rain rain rain all day today .....since before dawn, and just now seems to be slowing down. It's near 7pm! The river outside our door is high and angry! Good thing it's staying where it belongs

Weighed in today....lost 2.5lbs...so that's 4.5 in two weeks. I know that's the best way to lose, but it's not fast enough for me lol

Be safe and happy y'all!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
OMG we are having a tropical cold front according to the weatherfools. Now ladies it only got up to 88 and it felt like "92". Funny but the pool is cooling down. I am too pooped to pop. Went grocery shopping and it had been 2 weeks so pantry was bare. Cook some turkey thighs for Dash this am and he still can't do oven. He was begging for turkey half way.

What is it with tomatoes anymore? I buy red ones from Tenn right now and if they sit on the counter for a week or more they don't ripen or rot. When you cut them open it looks like a scifi white wormy root. Taste less too!

Think I'll curl up and read nothing worth watching on tv.....reruns of reruns. k3
Hi Karen,

Even the NJ tomatoes were not good this year. I spoke with farmer at the local Farmer's Market and she told me it was too much water. Quote - "you can put water into the ground, but you cannot take it out."

Lynn
Old 09-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I have been losing ounces every week at JC. Hopefully, this week, I will lose a pound.

Finished one course & got roped into starting another. So, still doing 2 at a time. So far, I have not gotten anyone confused.

Having problems with my new computer. After it has been on for a while everything freezes & in a few seconds, goes black. I need to take it back, but I cannot be without it while I am teaching.

Making Zucchini Muffin tops today - recipe above in our Recipes thread. So happy it was there. I remembered that I loved them, but could not find the recipe.

Rosey, I am so happy to read that you are doing well. Wish I could "drop in" for some coffee & hugs.

Have a great Sunday everyone,

Lynn
Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Fall!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First day of fall.jpg (32.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #156  

Morning....It isn't Fall down here. Still the 3 H's....hazy hot and humid!

OMG I watched a good movie last night! After whining about reruns etc....Hitchcock with Anthony Higgins. It was hard to believe he was under all that tonnage! Recommend it highly and be sure to watch the very last minute.....I burst out laughing it was so Hitchcocky!

Gee Lynn if Jersey tomatoes aren't fabulous than it is a bad season for tomatoes.

I made a decision to start cleaning out kitchen cabinets especially the spice cabinet and sneak in closet stuff.....It'll take longer but by Winter I should be decluttered and Dh non the wiser. Funny but my daughter is having the same problem. Oh gesh, she was started on insulin and her BS are still high. Swears she isn't cheating. After thinking about it called back and asked if the insulin was regular or long acting. Turns out it was reg and of course that won't cover the whole day. k3
Old 09-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #157  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Haven't been on in a while. I have been a little busier than normal, mostly with enjoyable stuff, but best friend's daughter was just diagnosed with a very scary cancer -- there is always hope, but seems kind of unlikely that she will be able to beat it, so that is taking a lot of my emotional energy.

Next weekend, my 3 siblings and I are going to a neighboring state for our cousin's 75th birthday. All or most of her 4 siblings will also be there, so we are looking forward to a mini family reunion. It would be nice if more cousins from some other families were able to attend, but it will be good to have about 9 of the cousins together and good bonding time with my own siblings.

Regarding the "getting rid of things" posts, I have never been horrible about holding onto things, but it is often hard to get rid of things because we either spent some hard earned money on it, at some point, or had some emotional attachment for it. My conversations with myself go something like . . . "Is it realistic that I will use this? If yes, how much and is it worth the space? Do I have something else that would suffice equally as well? Would my life be improved in ease of finding what I want and ease of cleaning if this wasn't taking up space?" I got rid of a fair amount (as we all do, when moving) in my recent move and I am loving having things stay neat, clean and organized and have so far missed little, if anything. I still need to pare down a little more, though. Some of my clothes have gotten a little large, although most are still wearable. That is a good thing, but I fear I could regain. I believe I won't -- expect to lose the rest of what I need to shed, but would hate to need something larger and have to go spend more money on clothing in a size I don't want to be in, anyway.

Sassy

Last edited by Sassafras; 09-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #158  

I'm back....I cleaned out the spice cabinet. Found stuff that dated back to 2000 that I bought in MD! Combined bottles of stuff and tossed about 2 bags of stuff. Yup my favorite hoarder looked in the bag and checked the selves. Ha, I had hidden 13y hot sauce and the gray supposed to be green hot peppers. Drug the bag into the garage and it's gone. Good thing I didn't hide any old clothes in there. I call this a spice cabinet, but it really a 4' wide, 3 shelves cabinet above the counter next to the stove. Had to stand on a stool to reach the 2nd & 3rd shelves and my knees are feeling a tad bit whonky.

Sassy as an old nurse I practice when in doubt throw out. I look at something and if I haven't used in a season or more it goes to the charity bag. But my husband saves everything. EVERYTHING! He has an office stuffed full with a double closet, the garage, shed, the double closet in the den and in his bedroom and has started to slide into the kitchen pantry and cabinets. Now it doesn't look like the hoarders on tv because he is genetically German and everything is in place and neatly stored, but the volume is huge. I have no place for my stuff except my walk in closet. Not even the attic...until I have a total hissy fit and throw myself on the ground and hold my breath. Oh and when his father passed away, he brought all of his father's stuff who had saved all of his father's stuff....want a receipt for shoes bought in 1932? Got one here....want to know how many bushels of apples were picked in 1922? Forgot he has all kinds of stuff of my DF too....It is beyond stuff but he honestly knows were everything is. That does not include his boy toys.....boat, trailer, utility trailer garden tractor (we have a lawn service). He mows across the street while we pay to have our lawn mowed.

We are 3 weeks from our 55anniversay so I can complain about him, but still love him. Still makes me laugh and understands my warped humor.

Gotta start supper...k3
Old 09-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #159  

Height: 5'3"

Here I am to whine again...had a really rough night with lots of pain and discomfort. Amazingly I felt better this morning and got ready for church, but at the last minute I started feeling worse, so ended up staying home. By the time dh got home I had gotten a little sleep but was also very sick. Tomorrow I'm calling the doctor. I was hoping to eliminate some symptoms and hopefully make it easier to diagnose (I tend to try to be my own doctor), but unless something changes soon, I'll have to leave it to him.

Karen3 - Sounds like you're in a decluttering mode. I need to get into my fridge and clean/toss. I really haven't accomplished much for about ten days now. BTW, not wanting to make you jealous but our garden tomatoes have been great! Wish I could share them with you. The last three days I've been eating some leftover macaroni, topped with one slice of cheese heated one min in microwave and then I had a small chopped up tomato to it and a little salt. So good! Not sure my tummy can take it today though.

Well, my back can't take anymore of sitting here. You all take care and enjoy the cooler weather. In the Philippines (my dh's country of origin), they've had a Typhoon and expecting flooding again. Thankful for what we have/don't have and praying for others.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Good morning ladies. Rain and more rain. It rained all night Friday and all day Saturday into Saturday night. Total 5 inches. It turned a tad bit cooler Sunday with a front only for it to back up on us today with more rain this afternoon and tomorrow. It's still in the upper 80's to low 90's. I'm so ready for the fall. Dh's work weekend at the hunting club was cancelled due to rain. Saturday dh and I went to SAMs to stock up on things for the camp. We picked up some stuff at summer camp and Sunday after church we went bring the stuff to winter camp. I think we will be going this weekend coming and the next weekend hunting season starts. So from now on we will be there every weekend. I got my alarm system installed. It's a pain but I'm getting used to it. Dh hates it and hasn't tried to set it or disarm it. He will be sorry when I'm not home and he has to get into the house. Stubborn men. :-/. We are 2 weeks away from our smokey mountain Tennesee vacation. Getting excited.
Sorry no time for personal. Maybe later.
Hugs Cajun
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #161  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Goldens!

I'm glad 3FC is up; FaceBook is DOWN. What a shocker! I don't know how long they expect this outage, but it's very annoying! Anyway....

Nothing to report. Had a nice weekend, and today is going to be filled with errands. It's been raining all night and is very cool here today. I am not complaining!!

Better get rolling!

Mary - hope you feel better and that your doc can figure out why you're feeling so poorly!

KarenFL - have fun pitching stuff! Please come to my house!

Everyone - be well!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #162  

Height: 5'3"

Well, just like my kids used to do, I'm feeling better this morning and not sure about going to the doctor. I can't say I'm pain free but right now I'm doubtful any of my pains are things he will care about, so I'm heading for the gym (first time in almost two weeeks! And I will see how I feel from there. Probably wouldn't be able to get an appt today anyway as Mondays are always busy.

Jess - I was just on FB and it was fine so maybe you can try again.

Cajun - I think once you get used to it you will like having a security system. We just upgraded ours...added more sensors and a new panel and got a lower payment as well. This is because our contract was up and they wanted to keep us. Your Smokey Mt vacation sounds fun...I'd love to explore that area.

An exciting thing...an old high school friend of mine is now FB and has contacted me. We haven't spoken even on phone for at least ten years and it's been considerably longer since we were together. I thought she'd forgotten all about me.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #163  

Hi everyone. we got up to snow this morning,but by the time we were headed to anch it turned to rain. had my dr apt,they removed every other stitch,and maybe the drains can come out in a few days. home soon but not yet. I spent a quiet weekend,but everyone else working to get the moose in the freezer that my sil got. hope you all are having an awesome day rosey
Old 09-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #164  

Rosey you are doing so well...take you time and don't push it ! k3
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Good morning gg's. Raining again and hot. Will fall ever get here. I brought the sheets and towels back from the camp to wash and freshen up. Woo. It's a lot. I booked a lil 1 bedroom log cabin in the smokey mountains yesterday. It's a brand new build. Would you believe it 39.95 a night. All the hotel rooms are 100.00 dollars a night. October is the busiest month for the fall colors and they have no vacancies in the smaller towns so they can up their prices for thst month. 2 nights we will pay 130.00. Crazy but that's the price we will pay to go in October. If the fall colors haven't started changing by the 12 th I will be highly disappointed.
I haven't seem my boys since last week. They are working a turnaround. We are supposed to spend the weekend at the camp. Guess I need to start thinking what to pack.
Mary I like the piece of mind I get from having the security in place but it's going to take time to get use to it. So far I haven't set it off.
Rosey Im so glad you are doing good. I know you will be even better when all the staples are gone. I've had staples before and I find they hurt.
Karenfl I'm afraid your rolling pin is not big enough. You would need to get the bat out for me. Though I'm struggling I'm still trying with no results.
Katen31 I wish it would be fall. My sons are planning a hunting trip to Missouri in October to do some squirrel hunting.
Jilli an update on the fall colors would be appreciated. I'm so excited to get there. Our first night will be in a lil cabin in tellico plains.

Hi to all I missed I have to get to work now. My playing is over. :-(
Hugs cajun
Closed Thread