Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #181  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning everyone, good to hear of your progress Lynn, Rosey gets to go home, Sassy going back to part-time.

K3, oh no you don't. Florida has plenty of fresh tomatoes, Mary is sending ME the fresh tomatoes. Mary...I have pockets in my colon that hurt sometimes, I know how you feel.

Gylnne...Tiffany (DD) is a preschool teacher and for Christmas she wanted aprons for each month of the school year. She is into paint quite often in her class room. I went to JoAnn fabric and picked out 9 months worth of seasonal material. I thought it'd take me 20-30 minutes, HA! I think I was in the store for 2 hours. I couldn't find anything for January, finally settled for some Penguins with a red muffler and snowflakes. It took a long time because of being political correct, no Santa's for Xmas, no magi or baby Jesus, Nothing religious, nothing cute for Halloween, etc. Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz, give me the olden days where we could celebrate any way we wanted to without some foreigner knocking me over the head with their beliefs.

Donna...how's the bonding with kitty kat?
Cajun, what ya cooking?

On that note, I'm outta 'ere before I get kicked out of 3FF. Hi
Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #182  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

I think we have 182 posts this month... it's better than it's been a lot of the months lately! Remember the olden days, when we'd top 500?

Nothing much is going on. Samson continues to be an exceptional find, and I think we're going to end up loving each other. He's very, very sweet and very good. He hasn't shown any signs of temper, but he is more comfortable giving me his real opinions! Right now he's decided that he really, really, REALLY needs to explore the great outdoors, but I can't trust him. SamCat would stay on the porch... so, he's trying to sneak outside, and I've re-instituted the squirt bottle. All if have to do is show it to him, and he runs downstairs. Good! I'm happy with him.

Gayle - good thoughts about the job search. It's horrible and awful, but at least you're getting unemployment benefits. I lived for 2 years off savings while I searched (160 applications in 2 years), before finally getting this part time job. I had good skills, too... but I'm not young, tight, and perky. Don't believe them when they say there's no age discrimination.

Rosey - so GLAD you get to go home! What a wonderful thing to sleep in your own bed tonight! I'll bet you're so excited, and I know your family was good to you. Still, no place like home...

Dee - glad you survived the wedding! You put so much pressure on yourself! I'm impressed with the Cambodia plans, too, and I so admire you. We'll expect pictures and stories of your adventures, okay? Okay.

Mary - I hope you're feeling better SOON.

Bobbi - I hadn't realized (hadn't even thought) how difficult it would be to be politically correct with FABRIC. We've gone too far!! The world is crazy, man, crazy!

KarenFL - keep cleaning (ugh)... And I need some more BBC recommendations. I just finished "Clatterford" (fun).

Gotta run. I hope everyone is well. Later, lovelies!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all...dentist this afternoon...just dread having my teeth cleaned. Love afterwards but wonder if I could get Velcro lips?

Bobbi...we can't raise tomatoes down here in the summer. They literally cook on the vine. Of course the vines last for several years if we don't have a killing frost. So they import tomatoes in the summer. We will be getting local tomatoes again in a few weeks. Ruskins almost as good as Jersey tomatoes. Big and plump.

Guess what I got yesterday. The first card I sent to Rosey when her appointment was rescheduled. She'll be home and well healed before it catches up with her.....nah not going to remail it and give USPS money!

Lynn...Good job with JC. Looks like you are close to goal.

Gylnne...Just adored the matching outfits.

Donna...Have the aspens turned? That is the most breath taking sight.

We are having some sunshine right now. That is remarkable. But the clouds are already forming. Why do they call this the sunshine state? Soggy State would be more accurate.

I hate hate hate these new light bulbs! Hate Them! I ordered a hanging light for DH with bulbs that you can only get from Ikea. They are as bright as 25wtt bulb. Last 20,000 hrs and I have 2! Ordered a stronger bulb (ONE). It comes today it only cost $39. He really wanted one of those cheap lights you used to buy in the 5&10. Plus you have to dispose these in a special way. Why do they keep making things dumber and harder. k3

PS DONNA Try Lovejoy

Last edited by Karen3; 09-26-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #184  
Donna

KarenFL - thanks. I just ordered Hotel BAbylon. I'll put Lovejoy on the list.

Be very careful when you screw/unscrew those nasty new lightbulbs. I've had two shatter in my hand. And they're so UGLY. Why couldn't they fix the technology and keep the old style of bulb? Bah, I say, bah!

The aspens should be pretty in the high country this and next weekend. Nothing much is happening down here yet, although I'm seeing some signs. It'll all happen overnight... SO pretty when it does change!

Onward.

Last edited by jess1; 09-26-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #185  

Height: 5'3"

I forgot and took my diabetic med after the cat scan so drank a LOT of water last night and went in this am for a kidney functioning test as it can cause kidney failure. I think it will be fine but thought it better to check. The cat scan confirmed diverticulitis, so I stay on both antibiotics (3 pills of one every 12 hrs and 1 pill of other 3xday) and go back to doc in a week. Still hurting but usually not as bad as it was. On way home stopped at WGs for some blue and violet eye liner just to make me feel girly after all this. I was actually looking for the powder brow makeup but they didn't have it. The clerk said she buys hers at Ulta but I didn't feel like going to another store today.

I read on FB (so you KNOW it's true ) that it is dangerous to use the new lightbulbs in humid places.

Jess - Glad you are enjoying Samson! Sounds like a keeper!

Rosey - Glad you are going home...guess you may be there by now Truly there is no place like it!

Karen3 & Bobbi - my current tomatoes are getting pretty ripe...you probably won't want them now by the time you got them. Dh used a few the other day but mostly no ones eating them. I'd have to remove the seeds and cook them I guess. I've been upgraded to a soft diet.

Sass - Hope the temp job works out for you. Sounds kind of exciting, at least you are wanted ...no one calls me anymore. LOL

Glynne - I'm the same way...sometimes I think I'll never use something again and then suddenly I need something and it totally fits the bill. Mostly I throw out/giveaway because of stains or don't fit. Sometimes I hate to get rid of clothes when I lose weight but I usually find that even after altering they don't fit quite right, so probably better to just give away. Plus the fact that I keep most of my clothes so long, I should get new just to get a more modern style I guess.

Last edited by maryea; 09-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #186  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Donna ~ I think what you say about age discrimination when looking for a job is true, and DH thought the same thing. The first application I turned in at that Veterinary Hospital ~ all the staff there were young people. I came home and told DH that. When I called back to follow up ~ the position had been filled. DH said he thought I probably was not even considered because of my age.

Sometimes, I wonder if my age had anything to do with why I lost my job in the first place. I had started to have health problems, and had had to miss a bunch of work. Until this spring/summer, I had always had excellent attendance. I had gotten FMLA, but maybe to them ~ age coupled with the health things was some kind of red flag ~ get rid of that one.

Last edited by glynne; 09-26-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Donna....I have half finished a book , Maisie Dobbs, that DeeLee had recommended. It is excellent and reads like a Downton Abbey story. Check it out....k3
Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #188  
Donna

Gayle - during my job hunting time, I was hired (I was told) to work at the Federal Center here and that all my background paperwork would appear on my computer within two days. When it didn't appear, I called the agency which handled the contract and couldn't get anyone to call me back. I talked to a woman I knew at the Federal Center, where I would have been working, and was told that the job had been filled by a 30-year old with NO EXPERIENCE. I never did get the courtesy of a call from the contract agency. Ageism is alive and well, and there's any number of excuses that can be used, so suing isn't an option.

Thanks, KarenFL, I'll put Maisie Dobbs on the list, too. Is it something GM would like? She devours books, and I need to get some more from the library for her.

Today would have been my sister's 53rd birthday, rough day for GM. I am not any good with the huggy feely stuff, and I know I disappoint GM. I just want to run away when she starts to cry. Rough day for her....

Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 09-26-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday GG's.
Work is rough right now. I need my vacation to come real fast. 2 weeks and counting. Dh has a work weekend at the hunting club. I was going to go with him but it's just too hot. I think I'm going to stay home and pick up things for our vacation. We will be going next weekend though because hunting season starts. So from now on it will be packing on Friday and unpacking on Sunday. Until march 1.
Xmas will be here before we know it. I know what I'm getting our boys but those girls of theirs are a different problem.

Donna I have a friend that is elderly that works in a drs office and those teeny boppers give her ****. She always has to document everything she does because they are quick to blame her for their laziness.

Gayle hopefully someone will appreciate your worth in the workplace soon. Yes my vacation is 2 weeks away.

Mary my mil has the same thing and she has to watch Whst she eats. I know pecans lettuce corn are some of the things that give her trouble. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Karenfl I have been exercising and eating well just to let you know. I'm on day 2. Lol. It's progress. I'm not giving up.

Bobbi I'm just trying to cook diet food. Nothing real fattening but that's subject to change here shortly when we are at the camp every weekend. Those campers don't have diet food in their vocabulary.

Deelee what a sigh of relief that the wedding is over. I'm glad it went well for you. The harder part is coming up though because she is now part of the family. Always gotta be on your toes. My sister goes through that. It's exhausting watching her. Heads up. You got this. Kill her with kindness.

Sass your part time work sounds wonderful. I would love to be part time and work only tuesday wed and thurs. Congrats on you weight loss.

Rosey did you make it home yet. There's no place like home. Glad you feeling ok.

Lynn yay for you losing 2 more lbs. You are on a roll. Well done.

Karen31 I loved your happy fall post. If only!! :-(. Can't wait. It's still so hot.

Jillie. I need an update on those fall colors. Did they start changing yet. PleAse say yes. Lol.

Hi to all I missed. Didn't mean to.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Cajun

Karen31
Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #190  

Good morning everyone! It's a cool cloudy day. Dh just left for gym but I'm not ready for that yet. I do my PT exercises and am thinking of adding some more but that's as far as I've gotten so far. I am better except the antibiotics have caused another type infection..like with Rosey. But my tummy hurts less so now if my body would get back to it's normal functioning I think I'll be ok. Trying to drink a lot of water and I know more activity could help with that too. I went off my cholesterol med due to severe aching of legs/feet. Wasn't sure if it was causing it but since then I have felt better. The doctor has told both of us to stop it at times when were very achy. I will let him know, of course, when I see him next month.

Cajun - I'm still on the soft diet right now, but without thinking I ate a little of something with nuts in it. I did chew it well and had no increased pain. But right now it's all suppose to be low fiber, so yeah, I have to stay away from the things you mentioned. I can eat most cooked veggies but not corn and just found out not even seeded tomatoes. But I can have tomato juice. Maybe I should throw some my garden tomatoes in the blender. Would I need to peel and remove seeds first It all makes sense I guess but I have to keep my mind on it so I don't forget and I was already sick of thinking about food all the time. I want to eat it not think about it! Here I have spent years trying to eat a lot of roughage/fiber and now I can't have it. Yesterday when I wanted bread I had to thaw out some some white hamburger buns in order to have white bread! Crazy!! However I believe once I get past this acute stage I will be on a high fiber diet again with perhaps some exceptions.

Last edited by maryea; 09-27-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #191  

I,m so glad to be home You should have seen my crazy dogs running around with doggy grins on their faces. and i had a great night of sleep in my own lift chair,dogs snuggeled up tight. maryea glad you have an answer and hope you feel btter soon. the yeast infection i got was in my incision,not the usual place for us women. but its cleared up. dh went to get our mail and then have to pay bills ugh wish i had a money tree that grew 50$ bills. donna am sry for you and your mom sad day im redoing my weight tracker,i stepped on the scale and lost 42# in 3 weeks. 30 form the surgury. so with what iwas with my gains(to embarassed to fix it back then ) im now back to 232 hoping your day is awesome rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-27-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #192  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Fall, I had time to catch up on the posts but not to respond.

I went to a rummage sale two days ago, something I never did while living in the country. I spotted two wood square topped tables, look like end tables or maybe a low corner tables. They were really beat up but after looking under the table I could see they were real wood. She had $15.00 each, I purchased one for $10.00 and left.

I stripped the old varnish/stain off as soon as I got home, found the wood to be very pretty. Bruce told me to go back and get the other one, got that for $5.00. So my apron sewing project is put on hold so I can get both stripped outside before the weather gets nasty. It's dark and rainy today, so back to the apron projects. So much to do and so little time. (I'll post pictures later)

Happy you're back home Rosey, sorry K3's card didn't reach you either. But we care

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-28-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #193  

Morning to all! Trying hard to keep up with things around here. Got quite a bit done yesterday...but not all. Our son dropped by to see how we were doing and we sat and talked a long time. We hadn't seen him for about a week and I was missing him so good to see him. I'm spoiled now with him close. Need to run out and get a few things but otherwise staying home again today. Feeling better as long as I don't lay on my tummy and then this new infection is very irritating so going to get med for it today. I'm still at my sig weight so that's a good thing.

Bobbi - sounds like a good deal on the tables and bet they will look pretty.

Rosey - so glad you are home! Wow that's a lot of weight loss in a short time! Congrats!! But you have been through a lot too so take good care of yourself.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I decided that I miss my DD too much to wait until after November to see her. I leave next Friday for FL. Hopefully, I will be able to keep my weight off while I am down there.

Lynn
Old 09-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #195  
Donna

Have a safe trip, Lynn.... BTW, were you able to get a gift certificate? Enjoy Florida!!

I met up with CK in Colorado Springs this afternoon. I met Tim (he's a keeper!); what a nice guy he is! It was fun to meet CK, and I felt like it was "old home week", like I've always known her.

KarenFL - when you go to visit your little buddy from Trinidad, stop off and visit with me! Bobbi, Rosey, Gayle, Lynn, anyone and everyone... come have lunch with me!
Closed Thread