Old 09-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Lost 2 more pounds at JC weigh-in.

Lynn
Old 09-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #167  

Height: 5'3"

Never got to the gym yesterday, turned around and came home as feeling sick. Don't want to give so much info here, but I was glad I came home. I feel better today but not yet normal and last night I had a lot of low abd pain, to I have an appt this afternoon. Maybe doc can figure things out. I was getting my bs down a little but with all this happening it is usually high. I think there is probably inflammation that causes it. I have a rare?/uncommon gene that causes inflammation and that is probably another thing that makes it hard for me with my diabetes. Not an excuse, but it probably doesn't help.

Lynn - I am so proud of you...when you are determined to do something you do it. Wish I were more like you.

Cajun we have accidentally set off our alarm many times, but the company has been very nice about it. The smoke detector is very sensitive and we also open a door without thinking now and then. The cabin sounds great! Where are you located? We have been wanting to go to the east coast to see the fall colors but we figured we'd missed this year. We are not quite sure when to go.

You all have a good day..
Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #168  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Mary ~ I'm glad you have a dr's appointment this afternoon ~ we've been worrying about you. Keep us posted.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #169  

I'm glad I went to the doctor's as he thinks it is diverticulitis. I'm having a Cat Scan tomorrow so had to pickup that nasty prep (ugh!) For now until after he sees me (probably after the scan) I'm on clear liquids (ugh!). My white count was high so I'm also going to be on two antibiotics. The last couple weeks have not been fun so I'm glad to know and get started on treatment. It really hurt when he palpated my abd and also just getting up/down from the exam table. Diverticulitis was one of a few conditions I was considering myself and while it's not good, its probably not the worst. My back is really hurting so think I'd better lay down. BTW I suppose after this episode, I'll be put on a diet for diverticulosis (another ugh) but you have to do what you have to do.

Last edited by maryea; 09-24-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Now that you know you will get better.....and you can ship me all those good tomatoes! Nothing with seeds.....hug k3
Old 09-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #171  

Hi everyone. another quiet day recouping,i have another apt tomorrow. Maryea so sry you have been ill. hope the dr figures it all out and imglad you went to the dr. Lynn congrats on your loss sure and steady good for you for all rosey
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosey, good to hear from you! How are things going for you? Do you have a home by date you are working towards? I know how anxious you are but remember to still take it easy!! You have to take care of you!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary- Hope you get to feeling better real soon! Keep us updated!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi golden Girls-

The rehearsal dinner and wedding are over and everything went very well. At the moment, I think I am in everyone's good graces. Probably because they are on their honeymoon and I can't get myself in trouble!

I did reach my weight goal! then after the wedding I've been eating everything in sight. still in a good place so I'm stopping.
I have been having problems with 3FC site too. I think it's been gunking up my computer for a while, especially when I haven't logged off and cleared the cookies. But who knows.

Unfortunately, now that I'm done with the wedding I have to get my 30 CEUs by end of November. I can do it all on computer now so that helps a lot.
Husband and I are going to Cambodia to teach English as a foreign language and I might also do some social work too. We planned this a while ago. I have been so depressed about the "empty nest" and I knew I had to find something meaningful to do. A friend's son is in Cambodia and just inspired me with his description of "smiling children who are grateful for any little thing you do for them." That's what I'm in need of! It will be an adventure for us.

Rosey - sorry about your infection. Hope you recover quickly. One of the family members staying with us for the wedding is going to have bariatric surgery. I told her to come to 3FC for support. When people first hear the name they are shocked. I was, then I cracked up! Oh, and do you feel left out with the moose meat? I say, relax and enjoy someone else doing the work for a change!

Jillie - Welcome! We did stop at Ruby Falls when I was a kid driving with my family to FL. Of course my dad was cursing about the price and then how long it took. But I loved it! This was about 45 years ago. I look forward to getting to know you.

Mary - my mom had diverticulosis - not as bad as "itis." Attacks were very painful. Do you still have your gallbladder? A friend of ours had pancreatitis (my mom also had that last year) and the docs think his gallbladder might have caused it or aggravated it. Now that I've heard that I think it's possible with my mother. I had my gallbladder out. From where you describe your pain, it sounds like just where my dad and I had pain after gallbladder was removed - which means - that's where the gallbladder is. Dad and I had ours out about 2 days apart. Before we would sit down, we both put a hand firmly on the spot to lessen the pain when we sat. Kind of amusing. they can tell by ultrasound. At any rate - hope you're feel better soon. And the pain when doctor pressed - had that's lots of things.

Cajun - heard you are going on a trip - have fun!

Donna and Rosey - think I missed your birthdays. Sorry! Hope they were happy.

I know there is another newbie or 2. Welcome!
I hope to be on more. Taking breaks from those CEUs!

Big hugs to everyone!!!

Last edited by deelee10; 09-25-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #175  

Me again.

Cajun - if you set your alarm code to something that is very easy for DH to remember, like his birthday, he will get used to it faster. I set it to my birthday so my kids would remember it...LOL!!! And I once accidently hit the panic button on our way out. Passed the police and fire department on the way to our church. Something in my brain clicked and I called the alarm company. YES, the little accident push sent everyone running! Since we got to them before they had to knock the door down we didn't have to pay for anything. But I think we only get one of THOSE free. If you set it off, and you're right there to put in code it's no biggie. If you are there and alarm company has to call but you answer before they send out the troops - also not a biggie, I think. But it is worth having. You can also get a discount on your homeowners insurance!

Last edited by deelee10; 09-25-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #176  

Well the Cat Scan is done. Hope I can get off this clear liquids diet...I have just realized I don't like anything that is a clear liquid except tea, so basically I'm not eating. BS is still high though, of course it's probably the infection but also maybe because of the dye solution I had to drink for the scan

Deelee - Congrats on reaching your weight goal!! Now the hard part begins...so be careful. I don't want you to gain it back like I've done so many times. I've had my gall bladder removed due to gall stones. No, this pain is on the lower left abd. I was doing some research online and some people seem to think there is some connection between diabetes and diverticulitis, others don't agree. Wouldn't be surprised because of cutting back on carbs, one can easily not get enough fiber as things like whole grains and beans are often cut back on. I track my fiber intake and thought I was doing pretty good most of the time but maybe not. Anyway I think a high fiber diet is recommended for diverticulosis after the acute attack. Hope to hear from my doctor soon about this.

BTW, I'm down to my sig weight again!

Last edited by maryea; 09-26-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #177  

me again.

Mary - my mom also had diabetes and the diverticulosis. And I remember the pain of the missing gallbladder - on my right side.

I too have experienced the loss and gain many, many times in my life. In fact, maintenance for me is trying to lose a 5 lb. weight gain...or 10..this last time I regained 18. I would have readjust my stats but it was gradual and I thought I would lose it more quickly! It's a constant battle for me.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #178  

Guess who gets to go home in the morning apt went well,one drain removed and more stitches out. I have to come back next Thursday,but so excited, there,s no place like home rosey
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #179  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

So excited for you Rosey ~ glad you are doing so well and getting to go home.

Dee ~ glad the wedding and all went well. Bet you are glad that is all done with. Excited for you and your teaching trip to Cambodia.

Mary ~ glad you made it through the CAT scan ok ~ hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lynn ~ way to go with the 2# loss at JC this week.

Cajun ~ your trip isn't too far off now.

Donna ~ how are you doing? How is Samson?

K3 ~ I’m torn on the tossing/getting rid of dilema. There are things that I definitely could/should get rid of, and other things I have found that even though I haven’t used for a while, I still end up using them. Went “shopping” in the box of purses yesterday ~ when my needs have changed and I needed a different one ~ I didn’t have to buy another one. Just switched out the one I was using for another one I had stashed away.

Sassy ~ enjoy your “mini” family reunion.

Jillie ~ congratulations on the 2.5# loss

Hi Bobbi ~ what project are you working on now?

K31 ~ how are you doing? How are Ginger and Sissy?

Forgive me if I have left anyone out ~ not intentional. The brain is old and muddled

Been working today on finding more jobs to apply for so I can collect the unemployment in the mean time. No luck so far.

Hope you all are having a good evening.

Last edited by glynne; 09-25-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #180  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Glad you are doing well, in spite of having had a post op infection to fight off, Rosey.

Great Progess on your weight, Lynn -- congrats.

I know you are happy to be at the "post wedding" stage, Dee, and kind of jealous about your adventure in Cambodia, even though I'm not sure that I'm adventurous enough to attempt something like that.

I've been retired for almost 3 years and got a phone call yesterday asking if I would be willing to come back part time on a temporary assignment -- could be anywhere from 3 months to 3 years. I few months ago, I would have thought there was no way, but buying a new house has made me feel a little less financially secure, so this may be just the ticket. It will be at my prior pay grade and I think I will be able to choose how many hours/which days, etc. I'm a lttle enthused about the idea, even though I have been getting into exercise classes in the mornings here and looking forward to doing more in the community. I'm thinking I will work 3 days per week, so that would be 60% of my prior salary, plus my full retirement pension on top of it.

My weight is probably about a pound less than when I last posted it -- nice to not be going up, but I'm supposed to be going down. I'm sure going out of town and visiting with cousins this week isn't going to help.

Last edited by Sassafras; 09-26-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Closed Thread