Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all.....steaming stinking hot and had 2-3 rain showers that increase the steaming. All the magazines have recipes for Fall soups and foods. I'd die if I ate soup or stew today.

Mary...sometimes all you can do is just plug along. Just one day at a time and eventually things will get better. I promise.

Cajun....Girl I am acoming with the rolling pin!

Rosey...You'll be home soon enough and house bound with snow, Enjoy being pampered!

Lynn...What happened with JC this week?

Donna...Glad you are high and dry. Pictures on the news are terrible.

Karen....I downloaded When the Storm Passes, but have to finish another book first.

Nothing new here. I so want to purge my closet but am married to a "hoarder". Until retirement I just threw stuff in the car trunk and took it to the transfer station. Now I get whatcha doing, that's still good etc......Any suggestions????? k3
Old 09-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen, I think you will really like that book.. I really thought it was a true story until I read in the back that it wasn't!! All the streets, buildings and towns that are mentioned are all true places.. And even though the people aren't real, the story is so real!!! We were in the middle of it and saw all the damage that it did. I can't remember if I posted pictures of St. Johns hospital but gosh it was scary.... Let me know what you think of it.

Rosey, good to hear from you and everything is healing.. Before you know it you will be back home and dancing the jig!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Here is a picture of the hospital that took a direct hit from the tornado. And here is a link to more pictures and videos of it.. Sure makes the book even seem more real! http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/23/mis...tal/index.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t1larg_hospital_joplin_kfsm.jpg (54.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #139  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing ok, pretty quiet here.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #140  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

My computer is driving us both crazy. Darn thing, too bad it's a big part of my life or I'd throw it out the window and go back to the olden days. It'sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow, went thru and deleted lots of junk, keep running the scanners.
Donna...I downloaded Hitman Pro but have a question. After running the scan, a whole page of scanned items appear. You can delete them or ignore them. What do you do? I'm not sure if I'm deleting important junk.
What is conduit and yontoo?

Keep safe everyone, later.
K3...last fall I cleaned out 1/3 of my churchy dress clothes and gave them to the Salvation Army. It hurt me at the time because some still had price tags on them. (I'm a victim of clearance racks, my eyes zero in on them as soon as I enter a clothing store.) Once gone, I never missed them. We also have bins/sheds around our town for depositing clothes for the military families, etc. JUST DO IT while DH is out on an errand. Don't tell.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-19-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Have a nail appt in an hour so just flying thru.....Bobbi he never leaves for more than 15-20 minutes....oh wait he has a dentist appt next week...wish me luck. k3
Old 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #142  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick good hola, Goldens...

Bobbi - you can safely delete anything on that list; they're cookies. Yontoo and Conduit are malicious adware and should be removed. Here's a link:

http://www.wintips.org/remove-yontoo-toolbar-adware/

Did Hitman come up with anything suspicious or anything printed in red? If so, those are dangerous and should be removed. Good luck! Computers sucketh!

Nothing to report. I have to get ready for work, so I'll heigh off.

Rosey - are you home yet?

Everyone, later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 09-19-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #143  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG’s,

Had kind of a weird thing this morning, but think I have figured it out. I get e-mails when someone has replied to a thread I made a reply on. So, this e-mail came and it was for a thread I had no recollection of making a reply to (I had actually, when I checked it out, but it had been so long ago, I didn‘t remember). I clicked on the link and it was a thread from way back in 2004 and there had been no new reply since that year. So, I couldn’t figure out what was going on with that. After mulling that over, I think maybe the newest reply was maybe removed by a moderator, and so was showing up in the e-mail, but not on the thread on the 3FC site. The reply was kind of weird ~ someone who was giving information about how to contact someone she had contacted to put a spell on someone.

I guess I’ve got too much time on my hands ~ LOL. But at least it diverted my thoughts from other things that were weighing on my mind and dragging my mood down.

It is off and on sunny here today.

My ear is plugged up ~ wish that would go away.

Got a little more work to do to finish sewing some doll clothes for Maddie (part of her birthday gift).

Guess I had better quit fooling around here and get to busy.

Hope you all are having a nice day.

Take care
Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #144  
Bobbi

Donna...I have the viruses removed. Wish I had seen the link you gave me before I spent $70.00. I tried to uninstall it myself from the control panel and couldn't remove it. So I googled a remover and saw other people who couldn't remove it either. We were sent to SpyHunter who scanned the cp, took over an hour. Then was shown all the virus, spying, threats, 129 of them. To remove them, $70.00. I clicked on the $29.95 button but somehow didn't read the fine print, got the whole package. The a$$wipes! It's good for a year, my cp is back to normal. Bruce stopped using it, it was so slow, ad kept popping up. All better now.
Thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #145  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - I ended up having to pay for SpyHunter, too... you're among friends! Hope everything works... keep running Hitman every day for a while to make sure everything is clear.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #146  

Good morning everyone! I'm still moving slow and not doing much. Thanks, Karen3 for the encouragement. I feel great otherwise...its just my body that is holding me back. Dh bought three new plants and is digging up some stuff we don't like to plant them. He's always a busy guy. It's suppose to get to 90 today so hes trying to get done while it's not so hot. He did the grocery shopping yesterday.

Did any of you start watching Survivor last night? We did...not sure I like the way they are doing it this time. I wish they'd stop bringing back the previous players and use all new players. I see online that a lot of people agree with that but they just keep bringing them back anyway. Think they should start listening to the viewers.

Karen3 - I have no tips because I never remove any of dh's stuff. Now and then I do ask him to clean out his desk drawer, his chair side table or his closet, but all I ask is to get rid of whatever he no longer wants. This usually amounts to some papers but sometimes he will on his own decide to give away some clothes that don't fit or he doesnt like. Otherwise, sometimes I go through his sock drawers, cleaning and removing singles, that kind of thing, but mostly he's on his own. He now (since retirement) has much more clothes than I do and we are running out of room to store them. I have only a few drawers all the rest in TWO bedrooms are his! But I'm just not that interested in shopping anyway and he gets his really cheap even though they are nice things. I used to spend a lot on clothes (on sale mostly but still expensive) so I figure it's his turn and he doesn't spend much. I do remind him now and then that we are running out of space though. Likewise, the garage is loaded with stuff...mostly things he uses/may use and I don't touch it. I do tell him now and then I wish he'd go through it and get rid of what he can but it seldom gets done. For one thing it is so difficult to get rid of things...you have to pay to dump them. About once a year there is a free day and we do take advantage of that. There are decor items on my walls that I really don't want but he does so they remain. They mean a lot to him. There are also things I could change but I don't know what to replace them with so I make no changes. Just need some motivation and ideas I guess.

Last edited by maryea; 09-19-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #147  

Hi everyone. no im not home yet. but working on it.probably not till next week. have another dr aptment Friday. hopefully the stitches,staples and drains can come out. my family has been wonderful in taking care of me even Mr Cranky. its just that there;s no place like home. I feel bad for my dogs,as they are used to running free,hear we have them contained in the entryway.very confusing for them,but I take turns letting one at a time nap with me. mr cranky is going to meet my sil fri nite for a weekend of guy bonding at their cabin. it will be good for him. my dd and I will hang out here. its really amazing to view what the dr did for me. she said I was a challenge but was pleased herself. not a lot going on,lots of tv and naps thankyou for all the support, rosey
Old 09-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #148  
Bobbi

Rosey....thanks for checking in, we're all concerned for you.

Donna...Hitman was who found the conduit and yontoo, thanks for that link. Why do people have to mess with our cp's, maybe to show the world how smart they are. They should use that intelligence in more useful ways.\

Nothing going on here today, part of the house exterior is painted, waiting on a quote to have the peaks done in permanent siding to match the house color.

We're going to spend time in the weight/exercise machines this morning. I go willingly but don't enjoy it.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi! quick hello. Rehaersal dinner was a great success. The surprise DVD we made for Son and DIL was loved by all. Especially them/ I'm definitely in everyone's good graces now! Leaving now for hair and makeup. Wedding at 3:30. I'm nervous.

Rosey - glad you are on the mend.

Donna - hope everything okay in Colorado.

Mary - are you feeling better?

Karen FL - did you try a Maisie Dobb book yet?

Gotta go! Hugs to all!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #150  

Hi everyone! It's another beautiful day. Dh has planted a bunch of new plants in the front yard and put some big rocks (our ground has a lot of rocks!) between them and it looks so pretty. I wish I could say I'm getting things done but I'm not doing much still as I am still not feeling very well. I keep up with the basics and dh has been doing part of the cooking.

Deelee - I'm better in some ways but still hurting a lot, certainly not back to normal yet.

Bobbi - Maybe the weights/machine work will grow on you They sure did me, but now I've been not going for so long it'll be like starting all over again. At this age, one day not exercising takes away a lot of strength. I could do it here at home but because of my pain, I hate to, except I still do my PT prescribed exercises even though not all of them. I do just a few a day.

Rosey- Glad you are recuperating well and able to spend a little time with your dogs. It's hard not being home but you will get there.
Closed Thread