Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

todays cals-2245, no exercise. I ate too much again! I even feel overly full. Overeating and not exercising. This is not good. I just have too much going on. Last night I went to the opera and was out late (10:30, oh my!) so I was just too tired to exercise today. I keep eating things I shouldn't. This weekend will be bad as it is my daughter's college graduation which means travel and lots of eating out. I wish I had behaved better this week. Well, there is no reason tomorrow couldn't be better anyway.

Am2-It is sad to lose our pets. I love them like crazy. I hope Belle holds out for a good while longer but I know she is already living on borrowed time. She has never been the same since her big illness last year but with the help of the vet, I just keep nursing her along.

Hi Marie!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #332  
Empress/Queen

Yea, Tera, I love my one remaining pet like a crazy woman lol. Have been worried about her lately.

Facing some stuff lately that has gotten on my nerves but eating has been okay. Yesterday 1425. Steps above 12,000. Previous day did only half as have had pinched nerve or something, plus since working & not sure how long the job will last, have been temporizing the planning for weight maintenance. Have had friend & neighbor issues also. So happy I am not eating wheat as cake would have solved all these woes lol & I would have started gaining by now.

Tera, you are doing great!

Hi to Marie!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #333  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

LOL Am2 on the pleasure the wheat is a main part of cake and it's not on your list of foods - because I definitely understand cake is a wonderful temporary salve. Temporary is the key word. We also had a kitty that was failing and one day just went out and never came back. I like to think he went to a sunny spot and fell asleep. DH points out we live in the wilds and their are bad wild animals around that prowl. I, though, shall hold onto my sunny nap spot. You kitty found a sunny spot too. I much rather believe in the happy.

Tera, from my research and chats with vets, dogs handle blindness amazingly well. So you shall banish any guilt about not having the cataract surgery for your beloved. To be honest, Sasha is doing so much better having the eye removed, I wish I hadn't waited so long when I knew the eye was blind and uncomfy. Clearly it was painful as she's doing so much better now.

Thanks to you both for asking about her. You warm my heart!

Tuesday we did a road trip to Reno for my knew car. A drawback to having one custom built is it doesn't sit on a lot and bake out the toxic smells of a new car. Both Tuesday and Wednesday, it caused asthma attacks. today is better as I drove with the windows open.

Food on Tuesday was bad but Monday had been good and on track. That had been a concern of mine post bike ride and free for all eating. Tuesday was over as stated but Wednesday and today I'm right on target. I'm so relieved at that, you all understand, I know. I ellipticalled this morning but work/finance changes took every minute yesterday so their was no exercise. I did the 1 mile L Sansone jog DVD twice on Tuesday. No biking...

Have a great night!!!!!
Marie
Old 05-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #334  

todays cals-2025, ex-none. Still high on the cals. Hopefully I am guessing too high. Maybe. I missed the Y again. I was just too tired and I have a lot to do with the graduation taking up my weekend. I finished my online Excel class tonight. It was a lot of fun. I though I knew Excel but that was just an intro class and I learned quite a bit of new stuff. I plan to take more classes but not until after the wedding.

Marie-You are doing great. I can understand not bike riding for awhile. Congrats on the new car. How fun. That is terrible about the fumes triggering your asthma though. It will get better. Thank you for the reassurance about a dogs ability to handle blindness. Jingle was truly one of the sweetest animals ever to walk on Earth so I hate to think of him being sad about not being able to see. He was on my lap a lot though so that probably helped.

Am2-Cake may taste soothing but it will certainly not solve any problems, ha,ha. Good thing you stayed away from it. Sorry for the issues causing you grief. I hope things improve quickly for you. You could always go step on the scale when you need a pick me up.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #335  
Empress/Queen

Lol, Tera, I would never turn to the scale for a pick-me-up as one never knows what it will say. For the most part I stick to my official day other than when I just check things out occasionally during the week.

Things always resolve themselves one way or another but the scale can complicate my moods unless it shows me a solid loss or maintain weekly lol.

Speaking of which, Thursday calories were 2090, exercise 13,000 plus steps.

Marie, so glad pretty Sasha is doing better. I also think dogs are very adaptive & can handle disabilities well.

Thank you for sharing about your kitty finding a sunny spot, that does help to think of that. I don't think of my kitty being gone much as I get upset.

The thing that I most remember with my furbabies is it is part of raising them to have to say good-bye for now. I do not want my dog to outlive me as I can't assure she will be okay.

Taking three days off the work, have definite cut off dates now & know more where I am, need to remember to take care of my needs.

Yea on the thing of cake solving nothing. It absolutely doesn't.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #336  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy Saturday!!!! Have I ever mentioned I love weekends? I got to swim in my pool last evening and swam 1/4 mile. It was wonderful. A little chillier water than I like but I can handle 80 degrees. This morning it's 78 so it's dropping every evening. The outdoor temp is supposed to be only 69 but the water will probably get back to 80 with the solar panels. I want to swim again. We doggie hiked with the pups this morning. Sasha pranced happily. She is doing really well!

Yesterday's calories were 1290 with the swimming and WATP 2 mile jog video before work. Today's weigh in was not bad, maybe a couple ounces of a loss. But definitely slowly, really slowly, moving in the right direction.

Am2, I so hear you about not wanting to outlive my dogs. My daughter will take and love my pack if DH and I both pass away at the same time. I need to work on re-writing our will that provides for dog expenses until the pups pass while DD cares for them. My hope is we all pass together. Of course, odds aren't high that will happen. But I do know I'm going to be happy at the Rainbow Bridge with my entire beloveds.

Tera, Excel has so many nooks and crannies that it would be impossible to know it all. My co-worker and I (our school district's tech administrators) love working with each other when the other is working in Excel. We constantly go "Wow, how did you do that?" when one does a cool command. Good luck with the graduation plans!!!
Marie
Old 05-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #337  
Empress/Queen

Yea, Marie, one way or t'other, I do believe we will all do meet-ups at the Rainbow Bridge with our fur babies.

Lol, mine is quite happy with me today as I was gone most of the day yesterday, visiting an old friend. This was a very emotional visit for me in a number of ways and was very tired when I came home yet again and consequently ended up with 1300 calories, which fit nicely with the calorie cycle. Exercise was under 4,000 steps, still in pain from a pinched nerve down back ... sciatica I guess ... have not seen doc as have had before but no weights for a while. Stressed to max so was my own physician and ordered self not to work on Sunday either, will do everything on Monday & Tuesday that needs to be done.

It is unlikely I will be working this job past June at the latest so will have to decide whether to keep on looking for contracts or just give up and retire. Lol, everyone thinks I am retired anyhow. I'm beginning to like that idea.

Like the job I'm on right now though.

Hmmm, all mixed up in my thinking but would be VERY nice if I had a very nice weigh-in tomorrow. Anything in the 120s will do though, don't care if I go up as long as it is in the 120s. Feeling puffy.

Tera, I love Excel but t'is true it is hard to learn all the ins & outs of it. It is a very old program but folks still use it extensively, I think.

Lol, I do, anyhow. I love data and numbers and use it a lot for my personal stuff and diet stuff.

Okay bye bye all for now!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #338  
Empress/Queen

Lol, me again, sorry lol!

Well, well, well, well, welladay! T'was AFTER ALL a good day to join all my companions in the Flora Challenge (members of the Flora Challenge are actually just ME & ME lol, but I am having fun) to maintain in the range of 120-129 in a special Cinco de Mayo walkabout down to the Sacred Grotto o' Flora's Flowery Golden Scale & do an OFFICIAL WEEKLY WEIGH-IN! Woot! Said Golden Scale DID vouchsafe to me that I have LOST .4 pound and am even more safely ensconced in the GLORIOUS 120s, the weight decade wherein I seek to remain! Hooray for Moi! I am afraid I must congratulate my royal self! Hooray for Flora, Queen of the May Today! Yay!

Yesterday's calories: 1540, walk did in the end reach 18,000 steps a little before midnight! That was a nice record!

Huzzah to Marie & Tera! Woot!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-05-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #339  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2. woots on the .4 loss. You are deeply ensconced in the 120s. Very wonderful. And your flora challenge dialogue is quite entertaining. Just my thoughts on retirement, if you can swing it financially, then you should do it. Perhaps the blue funk as of late could be attributed to the job you've been doing.

Tera,

I finished yesterday at 1400 cals, actually just a hair under that. I didn't swim as it was windy and chilly. Our beautiful weather is going to be a thing of the past for the next 10 days. If I can con myself into going swimming when it is 60 out (pool around 80), then I will go today and say adieu to my pool until the cloudy, cooler weather evaporates in half score days. Am2, you have my creative wording going this fine morn.

I did elliptical this morning and the calories are higher than normal this time of day as DH had to leave for work and we had an early lunch. I do believe I will need to end the even/odd day calorie counting as I'm starting to HATE odd days. That wasn't the point. Entertainment was the objective. So I'm going to set a 1400 limit with pats on my back when I'm at 1300 cals. The even/odd counting was helpful and really getting me going but now about a month later, it's irritating me. So I will go to setting a limit and see how it goes. I honestly think YODA is the oomph behind my dedication. I will DO, not try.
Marie

So I changed my mind and had a great swim. Before the storm hit (the one that is making my Kodiak cower under the desk), the temp rose to 72 degrees and beautiful sun. It was divine.

Last edited by Marie; 05-05-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Changed my mind about swimming...
Old 05-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #340  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the woot on the weight, Marie!

Hope you don't have to say adieu to your pool for too long a period!

Good plan on the new calorie distribution. My cycle is settling down in a more narrow range also. Cals at 1810 today, steps at 12,000+.

I love your little Yoda & his saying.

Huzzah, Tera! How goeth it?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #341  

cals-2100, ex-step class. Had a great time at the graduation but not without lots of drama concerning a final assignment. Still a bit up in the air but I believe everything will work out soon. Crazy. It truly was a situation completely out of DD's control. Calories are still running a bit high so I am not losing these days but I do seem to be maintaining. I'll take it. I was glad I made it to the Y today.

AM2-Good for you for maintaining the mid 120's. That is so cool. I hope your job situation works out in whatever manner makes you feel comfortable. I figure there are good things about working and good things about not working. For the time being you are working. Just take it a day at a time.

Marie-Warm weather sure is taking it's sweet time this year. Good for you for getting in the pool for a swim. Your cals are awesome. I hope the more consistent approach feels better. I have a pretty steady calorie load myself although lately it is consistently a bit high.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #342  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2, I'm hoping not to say adios to my pool for long either. At work today, it was pretty, pretty, clouds rolling in, gray heavy clouds then downpour. Didn't last long but chilled the temp off. I thought I might have been able to sneak a swim in.

Tera, I hope DD is able to smoothly resolved the final assignment. I had that dilemma when I graduated and I didn't get it resolved for about 8 years. Those were days before computer use and I'd moved across the country. Your dad should be able to resolve hers more simply.

I was a little higher on the cals today. 1505 cals. Fingers accidentally fell into the hot fudge... and I licked them clean. Added an extra tablespoon to the total. It was tasty though. Rode my bike on the fluid trainer this morning. First ride since the RIDE. Realized my butt still hurt.
Marie
Old 05-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #343  
Empress/Queen

Tera, thanks re my job situation. I also feel there are good & bad things about any situation so we'll see.

Glad you had a good time at graduation & that the dilemma of the assignment is somewhat being resolved.

Marie, the hot fudge sounds good! Good job in riding the bike, too.

I finished at 1350 today with 12,000+ steps. Would like to get back to weights this week but doubtful will do so right now.

Good night, all!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #344  

todays cals-2250, ex-none. We had snacks at work for a birthday so my cal total is a wild guess. May be higher or lower. DD finally made it home today. It was nice to see her smiling face.

Marie-Funny it was computers that led to DD's glitch. She needed someone she interned for to download a video to a cloud and they had all kinds of trouble getting it to work. It is done now though so c'est la vie! The hot fudge accident sounds like my kind of mishap. Yum!

Am2-Doing great as usual. Good for you!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #345  

todays cals-1705, ex-long walk with my neighbor. Well I am better with the calories today for a change. I have been indulging in too many treats lately and the cravings are getting pretty difficult. I was craving m&ms today for gosh sakes. I had gotten past most of my cravingss a while back but I have a bad habit of sliding back into old ways that get me in trouble. I am going to try to persevere though. I would like to lose just a bit more for the wedding.

AM2-I hope you are having a good day with no wheat and lots and lots of steps.

Marie-Did you get to swim today? We had a gorgeous spring day here in the ATL. I walked around the parking lot at lunch. I work in a basement of a building with no windows so it is just a relief to get outside and bask in the sunlight.

Last edited by TERAPET; 05-08-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Closed Thread