Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #451  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tera, talk to the instructor. My guess is she thinks she is helping. If you tell her that you are a weakling (other words might be better) and that you're trying but her criticism are hurting you, then my guess is she will stop. Because as a paying member, I don't think that the PTB want you to feel denigrated. You do have steps up the chain, but I'd talk to her first. If she doesn't listen, then move up the chain. I'm sorry DD is struggling. I'm guessing she doesn't like her new town. BTW, I'm sorry the week got away from me. Since I work in education, all the stuff has hit the fan getting ready for the new school year. I'm beyond thankful today is Friday. I am NOT working from home this weekend. I am NOT going to go anywhere other than a bike ride to the post office.

All week I've been below 1300 cals. It's showing on the scale. Slowly, which means my maintenance cals is much lower than I'd been believing. I've been exercising 1-2 times a day. Evening exercise is the relaxing type, usually swimming. It's amazing how much better I feel with exercise. And this morning on my elliptical I made my minimum distance in the allotted time for the first time in quite a while. Woots!!! I didn't have to tack on an extra minute to make the distance.

BTW, I remembered you'd asked when I get up. I get up at 5 and go to bed at fish. I try for 8:30 with reading before bed so it's 9 but I rarely make that. If I wasn't working, I'd get up a little later. But I'm a morning person. At least usually.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 08-16-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I am back from visiting DD. She survived the week but it was tough. She works in an inner city middle school and the seventh and eighth graders are being terribly difficult, uncooperative and all around soul-sucking. Thankfully the administration and other teachers are making every effort to be supportive but it is a harrowing and exhausting task. The silver lining is the sixth graders are delightful and she has high hopes of developing a real, true music program with them. Unfortunately, I returned with an extra half a pound. Darn. Well, I am sure I was eating through the stress-especially the day a kid actually took down his pants in her class, he was wearing gym shorts underneath, but really? I was outraged but I guess I am going to have to get used to hearing such stories. Anyway, no exercise the last four days either. This week will be better although more crazy things are happening. DS2 that was fired a month ago is moving into the basement. I actually enjoy his company but it will be an adjustment, especially finding space for all his stuff!

Marie-Congrats on the very successful week. Excellent, especially considering the demands of your job this week. I hope you enjoyed some well deserved rest over the weekend. Thank you for the tips about the cranky fitness instructor. I should probably just skip her class-that would be simple enough. Love your sleeping hours. That explains your ability to get up that early.

Last edited by TERAPET; 08-18-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #453  

todays cals-1500 ex-60 min step class at the Y. Hurray!- I did things right today. Plus, when got home from the Y this evening, there was a message on my machine for a possible job interview. I kinda hate to get my hopes up but it would be good to go on an interview and at least get my feet wet anyway.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #454  
Lifelong Journey Member

Yay Tera! Good job today. The first and second days are the two hardest. You'll be on a roll soon! I hope the DS moving in doesn't stress you out too much.

I've been below 1300 cals every day except Saturday when I was at 1330 cals. I had a good elliptical workout after work (yeah, I refused to get up this morning - it is Monday). I then swam (or pretty much soaked in my pool). Yesterday I did the yoga routine again. I even got my DH to join me. That was sort of pretty cool!
Marie
Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #455  

yest cals-1655, yest ex-body sculpt class. Another good day done. Yes. I am happy to see myself get back to my old routine. Now just have to find a job to go along with it. I went to the job interview today. It was nice to meet some very delightful people and it was good for me to get out there again. We managed to move most of DS's stuff home yesterday. I am not stressed about having him home with us-he is a great kid. I do worry how he will do in school though. Hopefully it will go well this time. It should and probably will.

Marie-WTG with the great cal totals and exercise. My husband does the P90X yoga. I tried it once with him but it was too difficult for me.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #456  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, I'm so happy to see you on the wagon again and doing your routine. I bet more areas of your life come into control too. I hope your DS knows he's lucky to have you in his corner.

I did the yoga routine this morning. I really am stiff as a board but I'm trying. Doing downward facing dog with my wrist in a splint was sort of funny. BTW the wrist is a multitude of injuring/falling on my left wrist and the bones are now a little deformed so its been hurting the last few days. A couple days in the splint and it will be better. Anyway, I'm doing The Firms Beginner Yoga DVD. It's not too hard and will probably be as advanced as I go. My cals are still below 1300 and lots of exercise. The scale hasn't moved this week, but it will.
Marie
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #457  

yest cals-2680, yest ex-yoga class at the Y. Not so good on those calories, yikes. I loved the yoga class. My Y is heavily skewed to older folks, especially during the day so the instructor kept things simple with just a few challenging things thrown in. It was perfect for me since I had not been to yoga for a long time. However, I am not sure when I will get to one again since I got the job!!! It is only part time but it could turn into additional hours down the road. It works fine for our family since now that we put our kids through undergrad college, we do not need very much. The house needs some expensive maintenance though so I am very grateful for this job. I am so happy for the weekend. DD is coming up to see everyone. You are right about things getting back in control. DS is very appreciative of what we do for him although there was a time he did not, thankfully those days are done. Now I just have to manage those calories!!!

Sorry to hear about the wrist. I could see how that would effect your ability to do some of the yoga moves. Well, I imagine there is a work around for everything. In my Y yoga class, the instructor suggests childs pose instead of the downward dog if the downward dog is a problem. She also suggests a bent knee downward dog as an alternative. I have the same experience with the scale. Sometimes it takes a while for the results to show up but eventually they do. Keep up the great work.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #458  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera. Congrats on getting the job!!!!!! What will you be doing? I'm so HAPPY for you!!!! Enjoy the weekend with your daughter. It's good that your DS grew up to appreciate what you do. I'm not sure mine has but maybe some day.

Babying my wrist has helped tremendously. It feels much better. I'm so thankful it is Friday and I will not work this weekend. I refuse. I was asked this afternoon if I check my work email on the weekend (aka do a little work when this person was finished with her project so I could review) and I said "usually but not this weekend. after this week, I refuse." So I'm refusing.

My cals today were a little higher. I'll end at 1342 but I should be fine with that. I did the interval workout on my elliptical this morning. That was hard. I was pleased I made it through it without lowering the intensity but the distance was .15 miles less (lots in elliptical distance). C'est la vie - I did it and I'm happy I took that step. DH are going to go over the mountain and bike because we need to go to the lumber store. Because we're getting lumber, we're bringing the trailer and the tandem probably won't go. We're pretty sure we can fit two regular bikes inside the Jeep. So I won't have my driver or my fluid trainer stand. I'll be living on the edge as I flip regular bikes and was a big part of the wrist bone damage. But I'm game to try. I have AFLAC so all will be good.
Marie
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #459  

yest cals-2960, ex-long walk with neighbor. Oops again. I made cookies. Well, I am still tracking and exercising. The new job is in bookkeeping for a small business near where I live.

Hope your wrist is holding up Marie. Do you have fun plans for the lumber?
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #460  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera, I think tracking is great because it will lead to more control. By the way, I chew a bit of gum when I make cookies because I eat the dough. I do like baked cookies but I have no willpower with choc chip cookie dough. So I solved the problem by chewing on gum. I don't know it that would help. I'm excited for you to start a new job. Bookkeeping and Excel skills makes sense. When do you start?

My wrist is going better. I'm sleeping with my simple splint. I think doing the "stitch in the ditch" quilting had made it mad so I'm wearing the full dr. prescribed splint that basically immobilizes my wrist. That really has helped. I did the yoga with DH again this morning and I'm using the full sized splint for that too. I'm really trying to ID the problem activities and protect it more. I think I'm making progress.

I will end the day at 1276 calls. I'm doing well in that regard but the scale is not moving. C'est la vie. What's my choice? Stop doing and thus gain more weight. Nope, so I'm staying on track.
Marie
Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #461  

yest cals-1425, ex-long walk. No surprise that I ate less yesterday. I was still full from Saturday! Today is better also: cals-1880, ex-long walk. I missed my Y class to visit a friend and peruse her lovely garden for ideas. I wish a had a fraction of her talent. She has offered me all kinds of cuttings when I am ready.

Glad to hear the splint is helping. An achy wrist must get in the way of a lot things. I hope yours heals quickly. Good for you for sticking to your low calorie plan. Weight loss takes time-sometimes lots of it. In the meanwhile, you can pat yourself on the back for exercising such excellent control.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #462  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera, at the low cals on Sunday from still full from Saturday. That's funny. I never have run over feeling stuffed. I'll always eat the next day. Walking pretty gardens is wonderful. I've walked with my MIL at the Minnesota Arboretum a few times when we've visited. I look at it and think I'd never be able to do it. So when do you start your new job?

I was about 1255 cals yesterday and decent elliptical workout. Today I've been munchie and I'm not sure I'll be below 1300. I suppose I could make sure but we'll see. I'll post tomorrow if I am the rest of the day. I rode me bike on the trainer this morning. So a good workout then. I wish the darn weight would budge a little speedier. But alas, 50+ and menopausal equates to fat stores never wanting to leave. I will win the battle though!
Marie
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #463  

todays cals-2000, ex-body sculpt class at the Y. I started my new job today. It was okay. Things are in a bit of disarray. Everyone was friendly though, Yea!

I hope those munchies didn't get you in trouble. No way-it's evening, you can do it. It will all be fine either way. Just keep moving forward.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #464  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera, I bet it was interesting starting at a new place. They needed you because it was in disarray. Right? I'm glad everyone was friendly. You didn't say that about the job in the spring. So I did finish the day at 1345 yesterday. I could have made it under the 1300 mark but I added an extra ounce of turkey for a tad more protein.

Today will be a good calorie day. The munchies didn't attack me this morning. I guess too busy at work and all. I had a good elliptical workout this morning. Right now it is 80 and breezy out. Almost like fall. So I'm enjoying the pretty weather post-workday. It's so hectic before school starts that the quiet at home is so wonderful.

I bet Am2 would be shocked how much we're posting these days. I wish she'd return.
Marie
Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #465  

todays cals-2160, ex-step class at the Y. Little high on the calories as usual. My second day at work went well. They are really nice people, I am so fortunate to have found this position. Hopefully in time I can make a difference for them but I will have to train here as well.

Marie, you are rockin' this diet and exercise thing. Excellent! Our weather is not fall like at all-in fact summer seems to have just arrived. I am not ready for the chilly stuff yet.

I miss Am2 also. Too bad she did not stick around.

Last edited by TERAPET; 08-28-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Closed Thread