Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #211  

Hi everyone. a quiet day,if 5 dogs and 3 cats quiet actually it is going better than i imagined. i can hardly wait till the snow is gone in the fenced yd so i can let them out without a tie out. deelee i had a real problem when my girls moved out. i was depressed for 1/2 yr or more. my gf told me id get so i love it but it took awhile for me to realize it. i know how you feel now i love having them visit,and babysitting the grands when they were little, and glad to get back to my routine when they leave. nothing much going on. hope you have plesant dreams rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
1 egg
1/2 c hashbrowns
1 sm piece moose sausage

snack
coffee mocha
27 spK snack chips(110 cal)
handful of grapes

dinner
grilled pork chop
fresh steamed aspargus
tomatoe cuke salad
Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

I am living through some of the worst days of my life. I need to ask all of you to pray for me and my family. We have found out some horrible news. My son has been hurt by another child. This child has been abused in every way you can think of by his biological Dad. This child coerced my son (who has autism) to do things that just breaks my heart. Now we have to report and live through the trauma of these horrible, terrible events. My son does not understand the scope of what has happened. I am living in world of pain, lack of sleep, lack of food, can't hardly breath place. I cannot even express the grief I am feeling.

Please, please pray for us.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #213  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

One day down two to go. Weighed this am. I was down a couple pounds last week, but back up a little again this week. Stupid head games. Last week, I lost without being perfect, so I wasn't as careful this week, and it showed on the scale. Keeping plodding along

Oh my gosh Donna so sorry for your pain and the hurt to your son, and the hurt that other child has had to endure also. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by glynne; 04-15-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #214  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's

Woke this morning to the sound of rain. Usually helps me sleep, but I guess I was ready to get up anyway. Not much going on here, lazy day.

Isabella, Your cake looks soo good. I'd rather have a small piece of something really good than eat something not great. I save up for my indulgencies.

Karen3, I love those old cookbooks. I learned to cook from one. I made a really great rolled cake with I was really young. I didn't know that they were hard to make at the time, so I wasn't intimidated. I don't know what happened to that book. It was old and ragged so my mo probably threw it away.

Gayle, I hated going to therapy. It just took too much time. But I learned to do the exercises and I still do them at home too. It does help with the pain.

Mary, I finally found the "Mirror". it was really hard to find, but my local library found it for me. Look forward to reading it.

Debbie, I hope your Dr. has good news about the CA. I had a couple of scares and I thought i was doing OK with the news. Once instance I went back after a biopsy and the Dr. said it wasn't CA, and I cried for hours. I think I was just so tense and had been holding the feeling in. I thought I was handling it well.

Bobbi, I try to include what I already have at home when I plan my menu's for the week. eating out of the pantry is just what we do. Takes a little planning, but otherwise you can waste a lot of money throwing things away. Totally agree about being with DH 24/7. Makes me crazy sometimes.

Rie, good to see you back. Look forward to hearing about your trip.

Marie, Just saw a picture of the quilt my sister made and now I'm wanting to start quilting. The new baby is so adorable!

Lynn, I hadn't exercised in awhile and I found that I had lost a lot of strength too. I had to start all over again! I am finding that gaining my strength back isn't quite as easy this time. But I will get there. It just takes time.

Dee, Grands are the best! My son married when he was older and I was an older grandma, so I was so ready! It's worth the wait.

Donna, caught that cleaning bug? Kind of a good bug to catch occasionally. If I didn't, I don't know if the house would ever get a really good cleaning.

Brenda, I love Hungry Girl too. Do you watch her TV show? I love the cooking shows. Most of the recipes are for things I can't eat, but I can get ideas. Now Trisha Yearwood has a cooking show. I saw one show and it was very interesting.

Z, Miss you.

Donna, So sorry to hear about your troubles. Prayers.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 04-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Changeforlife, im so sorry sweetie, please hold that little guy for me. My heart breaks to hear stories like this. My heart is so heavy for you. I can only say, please take care of yourself as hard as it may be. Your little one needs you. I care about both of you, and will pray right now, as well as every time i pray. You have an awesome support group here, us it.

hugs debbie
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #216  

Anyone have a good turkey breast recipe?
xxoo debbie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited by debbieOBX; 04-15-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #217  

Good Morning GG's

Freda Thank you kindly, my dr apt was tuesday, so im hoping by this tuesday. Im healing well i think. There is more of a depth to the 'hole' but its looking great. (my face) I can not tell about my back. But DH says its doing well.

Jess
my name is Debbie I live on the OBX. I do understand about not knowing or remembering names. It happens to me all the time.

Have an awesome Sunday, please keep others in your prayers, as we are all fighting an up hill battle.

Im doing well with my eating, but the weight loss is so slow. Im 61 and its seems so much harder. My exercise is not what it could be. How do you inspire yourself to move more?

Anyone have a good turkey breast recipe?
xxoo debbie

Last edited by debbieOBX; 04-15-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna (Change) I am so sorry to hear that you and the family are going through these terrible times. And your son is probably so confused. I wanted to let you know that there are two other threads here that will also offer lots of support, Christian Encouragers and Prayers Warriors. They have helped me in so many times and I also hope I have helped some there in return. Sending out lots of prayers for you and yours.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Sunday everyone!

Today is dreary here but I will deal with that if we can get some decent rain. Most of the crops are in the ground and need the rain.

Yesterday I went shopping a little for campers. Wow, they are so expensive! I guess I will keep looking.... I really want to just hook up to the truck and go to spend weekends in the mountains this year.

Debbie, I think the exercise bug hits one step at a time, if you know what I mean.... Just keep trying.

Donna2, so sorry for your little guy. I will be thinking of you.

Freda, I used to be able to sleep when it rains, too. My ability to sleep is something that I miss from my youth.

Lynn, I hope you feel better and I hope that you enjoy your trip.

Rosey, I agree with you. I enjoy the kids but I enjoy it after they are gone...

Donna, wow, want to come clean my room? It looks like a hoarders room I keep telling myself that I will tackle it and I never get it done. Must happen soon.

Bobbi, Mr Crankypants will get better when he realizes it isn't the end of the world. Men don't respond well to change.

Karen, LOL you are so funny. I attract crazies, also. And anyone with a problem finds me and tells me WAY too much about it!

Brenda, here the crocus and the iris have poked their green stalks up through the ground. I have a variety of iris called "grape" iris. They smell so wonderful!

Oh Crap! Washer just spewed water all over the floor. Sorry. Gotta go.

Rie
Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #220  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ChangeDonna. I am so sorry for the pain and sorrow you are going through. I know you will be strong for your son and we will be strong for you.

KarenFL, sorry, nope. I’m not going to shoot you. You make me laugh too much to do that. Plus I adore you and Dash.

Brenda, it was 28 degrees this morning. The cover is off the pool and I added about 5000 gals of water to it but it’s not even close for swimming. Brrrr. I was tempted to make brownies last night too. Definitely not good for our diets.

Donna, when you’re done with your rooms, you can clean my rooms. I hate mopping the hardwood floors and wet dusting. It just makes me feel grimy.

Lynn, have a great trip to NYC. I bet you all have fun. I sure hope you’re not getting sick for your trip.

Deelee, I’ve knocked on wood for your DH to still be in remission. BTW, I’m definitely allergic to my big furry huskies. I told my doctor that we just had to find a solution so I can have them because I will never give up my huskies. So, along with the allergy shots (since I’m allergic to everything) I take more than a normal dose of antihistamines and asthma meds. My first allergist (in MN) said he believes in the concept of living with your allergies and was really the one that helped me.

Rosey, at the visual of 5 dogs and 3 cats. Your house must be nuts at the moment.

Gayle, good luck getting back on track.

Freda, Trisha has a cooking show? I saw something she made on Jay Leno when Garth Brooks was on it. It was his breakfast. It had at least 2000 cals in it. Even Jay looked at it in horror. I think I’ll skip watching her show.

Debbie, you asked how to inspire yourself to move more. My answer is to embrace the endorphins. Having been recovering from surgery, I so miss my daily endorphins. I do believe it is hard to get started – set up a reward system that will get you moving. Then after a while, it’s just that want for endorphins that makes me move. I miss feeling so much happier and healthy, that I’m ignoring the dr orders for 8 weeks no exercise. I made it to nearly 5 weeks and that was good enough. Knowing that you’ll mentally feel better is a great motivator to move. Don’t think of it as a way to lose weight. It’s a way to feel in control, mentally and physically. BTW, I have a great recipe for left over turkey breast – turkey tetrazzini but it has a gazillion calories so I won’t post it.

Rie, I hope the washer isn’t broken and look at the spewed water as a good thing. Now your floor is clean. I’m definitely a glass half full type of person.

I worked on my new quilt yesterday. So now I’m into working on it today. That’ll keep me away from the cookie sheets that are begging for me to make more. But I will not since Rie said to step away from the cookie sheets. New DGS is home form the hospital and all are doing well. Time to end my little novella. Again ChangeDonna, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 04-15-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all...

Donna2..I was in tears reading your note. Sometimes all we can do for one another is offer prayers and loving support for you and your family. Wish we had the answers and pray that you all get thru this stronger. Karen3
Old 04-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #222  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, Donna2, I'm so sorry about your boy! Kids can be terrible to each other.... good thoughts and prayers abound!

Marie and Rie - don't worry! My cleaning bug is always short lived! It feels really good to have that one room done, though... I agree that mopping hardwoods seems like grimy work. Hmmm, maybe that's because they were FILTHY?????????????

Debbie - thanks for the name. As my old Granny/Mom says "oh, it just UPSETS me!"... and I can relate to that when I get frustrated not knowing to whom I'm speaking!!

Gayle - did you get the trim on those ugly black scrubs? (What were they thinking???????????)

Freda - hola, hola, hola! How's your back these days?

Everyone, I'm starving, so I'm going to go cut into my fresh egg casserole! I finally figured out how to perk it up (HOW long have I been experimenting?)... a can of chopped green chilies! Works great!!

For the cat people: http://www.petplace.com/cat-videos.a...ailynewsletter

Hope you're all having a safe and good weekend! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 04-15-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I agree with all here who say that my healing is taking too long. Although the holes are getting really small, other problems have appeared. On Saturday morning when I got up, I was heading for the bathroom and I casually placed my hand on my upper abdomen and felt a lump, or swelling about the size of the palm of my hand. "What is this?" I asked myself! It's not hard...it's soft and mushy. I don't know how long it's been there. You can't see it, just feel it, and only when I'm standing up. If I'm sitting or lying down I can't feel it. That's probably why the DR never noticed it, because I'm always lying down when he examines me. I called it to the attention of the weekend nurse and she also can feel it, but doesn't know or isn't saying what she thinks it might be. I will also show it to the weekday nurse on Monday. DH thinks it's my abdominal muscle, which they had to cut through when they did my surgery, but he's not a doctor. I don't go to the surgeon for another 2 months and I don't want to wait that long to find out what it is. If it's the muscle or an accumulation of fat I don't care, but at worst it could be a tumor or something else serious. I don't want to go through another surgery. I've really had enough of this! I will keep you updated.

Donna2 - I will definately keep you and your sweet son in my prayers. It breaks my heart to think about this. I hope he gets through it well.

Marie - I tried to embrace my endorphins and they slapped me silly! They thought I was getting too fresh! LOL

Lucinda - How dare you post that picture of that yummy tomato bread and then tell us it's not diet friendly! A recipe doesn't usually bother me, but a picture...in living color!!!!!

Donna - I want to hear more about the fresh egg casserole.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #224  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Good rainy morning, Lazy day here.

Donna i am so sorry about the problems your having.My prayers are going up for you right now. Hang in there.we are all keeping you in our thoughts.

havent seen the Trisha Yearwood show yet, will have to check it out.
Love hungry girl .

Lynn enjoy Your trip to NYC

Rie your Grape Iris sound so good.Might wanna eat them lol..

Lots of storms in the middle of the country Hope everyone is fairing ok with that... until later,Brenda
Old 04-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #225  

Hi everyone. kinda dreary today,no sun. nothing exciting going on. hope your weekends been good.Donna i am so sry that your son was a victim. that kind of abuse knows no bounderies. it happened to my child and i know your pain. take one day at a time,hug your child,cry when you need to,beat apillow, and know there is a sp place in **** for folks that do perpetuate this. what goes around comes around. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-15-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Closed Thread