Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....have to tell you all that the book Maryea recommended "The Mirror" is wonderful. I bought a used copy on amazon and started it yesterday and can't put in down.

Now I knew you, Maryae, said this was your favoriest book ever. I got it for pennies and found that it is a signed copy. Would you like me to send it to you after I finish? I could donate it to our library but thought you would really enjoy having this. Hate even bending the pages to read it. Email your address. I love to read so much and love to share my passion!

Rie... .38 is next. the darn thing was back last night. Wonder if Bobbi has a recipe for armadillo soup/casserole?

Donna2...good job on breaking out of 250's...

House is clean and even vacuumed. I found a recipe yesterday that I want to try as a dessert for DH. WW mini pizza crusts with chopped apple,raisin, jack cheese. Have go get crusts. Let you know how they taste. k3
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens

Today is a cold and wet Montana morning. LOL. Last night I had the AC on and this morning I will need to wear a coat to work. My weight is still up and steady but I am eating well and working out. I need to just trust that it will work in the end. My plan for the weekend is lots of exercise, lots of water and clean eating.

Bobbi, it sounds like you are getting super organized. Good for you.

Rosey, busy and happy times in your house. I think the ice cream will be good for mr crankypants. It's hard to be cranky with your mouth full of ice cream.

Lynn, it sounds like you had a good birthday. Interesting restaurant, I have never heard of it.

Karen3, lol, that little bugger is not long for this world! Can they be caught in live traps? Unfortunately, I think you are a little far east for Billy the Exterminator.

Donna2, Wahoo on the weight loss!

Isabella, Hi darlin! How's the weather? I am just getting the urge to plant and now it is raining. Too early anyway.

Mary, isn't it funny how tiring it can be to run after the little ones when you aren't used to it? It always makes me feel young and old at the same time. My 5yold dgs, Shawn, has always run to me at the end of the day, jumped into my arms and wrapped himself around me. Unfortunately, he now weighs 43 pounds. He is getting a little big for that routine. I will be sad on the day when I can't carry him, you know what I mean?

Freda, I don't necessarily buy "organic" beef but ever since we stopped raising our own, I buy from a local processor who doesn't add anything. Worth every penny. I can't imagine how you function with just the freezer on your fridge! Of course, I put a lot of stuff back in the summer. Our stock bags alone are big.

"old school" budget and good cooking tip (learned from my granny). All veggie waste (celery tops, leftover mushroom pieces, etc) go into a large plastic bag in the freezer. All meat trimmings go into an empty plastic coffee container. When it is full, into the stock pot to cook all day and reduce down. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Those little nuggets are stored in bags in the freezer. I use them for cooking, even saute. Lynn, a really great way to save sodium and much more tasty than broth or mix. Try it, it is so easy and FREE!

Marie, working hard? You are not sneaking on the eliptical, are you?

Donna, what are you reading this week?

Caddyk, hope your mouth feels better.

Zoe, miss you!

Well off to work Later!

Rie

Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good Morning Golden Girls

Marie thank you so much, i know it could be much worse. About a year ago my hubby had part of a lung removed! So i could say im blessed.

Maryea Thank you also. I will get through this.

Akrosi forgot to eat lunch. Ponders for a moment, then asks Who the heck?

Change4life. IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! YOU rock!

Im so happy to be back here, i love the support i see. AND where else can i change a ticker for the better? Debbie=Ticker lover.

Ladies, our local market has turkey breast ground on sale for 2.99 a lb. Its the 97% breast only, no skin. Im going to buy a bunch. Do you use ground turkey breast? Do you have a special way of preparation? Thank you for sharing.

Have a bright and loving day. debbie

Old 04-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31- Rhodedendrons are really ugly when they aren't blooming. When we first moved into our house there was one in our front yard and I hated it. I made DH dig it out. He told me it was a Rhodedendron and I said I don't care, it's ugly, dig it out. It just wasn't in bloom. Now I could shoot myself. We have one we bought on the side of the house and when it blooms it's beautiful, but unfortunately it doesn't bloom for long. They are much more hardy for our cold climate than Azaleas. We have never lost a Rhododendron but we lost a couple Azaleas due to too dry a winter.

Maryea - Marie is right....I was talking about pumping my own gas in PA. It is supposed to be either/or, but you have to go far to find a place that will pump it for you. Our gas stations are almost all mini-marts and they are more interested in selling bread, milk and lottery tickets. Gas is a side-line.

I waited til the last minute to do my taxes because I thought we were going to owe, but I got a surprise. For the first time, DH and I are no longer tax-paying citizens. I was so shocked, but glad. They take taxes out of his pension check but now he will get it all refunded. I guess that means we are at poverty level. I have enough for what I want, so it's OK.

I had an appointment with the surgeon today. My 2 belly holes are still not closed up, but they are close. They are still about an inch deep but the openings are really, really small. He still wants them packed, which is going to make the nurse mad, but I keep telling her she can quit coming and DH and I will continue on our own. It is not as upsetting to me as it once was and I think we can handle it. I would like to see my weekend nurse one more time before they quit coming. She is a sweetheart and I will miss her.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Bobbi,

I just won my first game of spider solitaire with 4 suits. Took me 8 times before I won one.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Morning....have to tell you all that the book Maryea recommended "The Mirror" is wonderful. I bought a used copy on amazon and started it yesterday and can't put in down.k3
Hi Karen,

Who is the author? I just checked & there are several books with this title.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Marlys Millhiser wrote The Mirror
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #173  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...good job! How do you know you're using 4 suits? Are you in the expert/advanced/hardest?
I haven't moved off intermediate or whatever the middle stage is, I decided I'll move up when I can win them all. Since my cp crashed, I lost my % and had to start over. Right now I've won 30 of 34 games. I had a 17 game winning streak until I got in a hurry and wasn't thinking.

Quote:
I just won my first game of spider solitaire with 4 suits. Took me 8 times before I won one.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #174  

Hi everyone. another beautiful day here. i can now sit outside on my deck bench amongst the snow banks. feels wonderful in the sun. not much going on. did dishes and laundry. Debbie lol i do sometimes forget to eat,i had gastric bypass surg a year ago in november and sometimes esp when im busy i do forget to eat. just not always hungry. the book the mirror sounds similar to my favorite series by Diana Gabaldon. im going to order it so my curiousity will be satisfied. hope your days full of sunshine. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #175  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi all. I'm home and tired. The funeral was nice as funerals go. I finally settled on the song "Friends" by Michael W. Smith. I changed a few words to make it more appropriate for a funeral and everyone was pleased. I ate breakfast but skipped dinner (lunch) as I knew I might get tangled up with funeral food later on so I wanted to leave the calories free. I also sing better on an empty stomach. I'm always afraid I might burp, LOL.

Debbi, I forgot to wish you well with the spots the doctor found.

Rie, our weather is the pits. It was lovely yesterday--sunny and almost warm. Today it was cold, rainy and snowy. The snowflakes were some of the largest I've ever seen. They were as large as snowballs and my head was soaked running from the car to the church. Glad I didn't spend hours curling and styling.

Dee, vent away. DHs can cause undue stress at times, lol.

Carol Sue, isn't it funny how the abnormal becomes normal. I'm sure your tummy hole will soon close in. Glad they aren't causing you so much worry.

Donna2, congrats on losing and coming out of the 250s. Nothing like a going down into a new decade.

Lynn, your birthday celebrations sounded wonderful.

Rosey, how big is a pail of ice cream? Sounds like something you could really dig into with a large spoon.

Bobbi, good job with the pantry. I keep forgetting what I've got stored away. I should do a stock list, too.

I did get on my bike last night but forgot to record it and can't remember how far I went so I estimated. I know it was over 12 kilometres but can't remember how much farther than that.

Quote:
Breakfast: Cream of Wheat with bran and wheat germ, 1/2 banana, blueberries, brown sugar, skim milk, the last temple orange (sigh, I really like them)

Dinner: Skipped

Funeral Food: a little of the following: fruit from fruit tray, fried rice, potato salad, quiche, tea biscuit & margarine, 1/2 roll & margarine, 1 small piece tomato soup cake

Exercise: 12.33 km on bike
Old 04-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #176  

Exercise = 110 min

Weight = 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post

Breakfast - Protein bar

AM snack - FF granola bar

Lunch - 1/2 pkg Amy's Asian Noodles w veggies; SF pudding

PM snack - small bar 70% chocolate

Dinner - peanut butter noodles w veggies

Night snack - lo-carb yogurt, 10 grapes, 10 pecans
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...good job! How do you know you're using 4 suits? Are you in the expert/advanced/hardest?
I haven't moved off intermediate or whatever the middle stage is, I decided I'll move up when I can win them all. Since my cp crashed, I lost my % and had to start over. Right now I've won 30 of 34 games. I had a 17 game winning streak until I got in a hurry and wasn't thinking.

I have Beginner; Intermediate; Advanced. This one is advanced & has hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #178  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - I've looked on eBay and on BOMC sites and cannot find any book called The Mirror. Who is the author? I'm always looking for a good read! Disregard! I just read your further post. Thanks.

Last edited by jess1; 04-12-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #179  

Finally getting here and at first I couldn't find any of our threads! Felt like I'd stepped into the twilight zone for a few minutes then realized I was in the 30s, not the 50s forum! Gasp! Thank goodness you are all still here! What would I do without my Golden Girls!

The kids left today. I was sad when they left as usual, but know they will be back before long since they are moving to the NW. My gs says he will like coming for "play dates," but he doesn't really like to sleep here...he likes his own bed. That's ok as long as we get to see them. I like my own bed too.

Lynn - Happy birthday! Hope you had a good one. That restaurant sounds very interesting! If we had one here I'd take my gd ...she sure loves PB (me too!).

Rosey - I think you will like The Mirror! I have two fiction books I really like...one is a rather dark book called Bad Desire by Gary Devon, but The Mirror is my most favorite! But I keep both these books and re-read them every couple years or so.

Slmn11 - Oh I see, PA. Sorry, I totally misunderstood, forgetting where you are from. My dh likes to pump his own gas, hates to wait and get so irritated that he has to have them pump it in OR. Glad you're not as hole-ly as you were...LOL...always good to be whole and healed again.

Rie - Yes I understand about the gc. I do enjoy them but think if I were younger I'd enjoy it more. However when I was younger, I couldn't get my head into it since I was still raising two kids of my own. Now my head is into it but it's harder physically. I'm not really supposed to lift anything much over 25 lbs so I have to be careful about that too, doubt I could pack a 40+ pounder around any more! I only have a fridge with a top freezer, however we do keep an old smaller fridge in the garage and it also has a small top freezer compartment. If I have extra (rare these days) I keep it there, but mostly it is for bait (for fishing and crabbing). LOVED what you said about ice cream!! Maybe that's why it is one of favorite foods!

Karen3 - Glad you enjoyed The Mirror! A signed copy would be cool, so sure send it to me if you don't mind. Be sure to put your return address on it and I will return the cost of the postage to you. I love to read too! Usually I only read mysteries or inspirational books but for some reason I love The Mirror, I guess because the idea of time travel has always been interesting to me. I'll PM my address to you, Karen. Thank you for thinking of me.

Bobbi - I love budgeting because I like feeling in control. Without a budget I would feel in chaos. Remember I haven't done my budget with paper and pencil in years. YNAB adds/subtracts it all for me...it carries over balances, it helped us with paying off debt and building an EF. Sure we could have done all this without a computer program but it just made it a lot easier.

Debbie/Rosey - I NEVER forget to eat a meal...I will occasionally forget a snack or eat a later than usual if I get very busy but then I usually make well up for it later on unfortunately.

Last edited by maryea; 04-12-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #180  

This is my other favorite fiction I mentioned in my previous post. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rds=Bad+Desire

It is not a "nice" book..it is a seemingly nice (publicly at least) man who gets involved with a young woman and his desire for her leads to a lot of bad stuff. Unfortunately the way it is written makes you want to root for him and his gf rather than his wife. But the characters are appealing and it is suspenseful as he goes to such great effort/evil to cover what he's done. I think it would be better NOT to read the reviews of this book because to me it could spoil it a little but it's up to you.

Funny thing is I've read other books by both the author of The Mirror and the author of Bad Desire and didn't like any of them.
Closed Thread