Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #151  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Seems like I'm not getting much done around this house recently. We either are at the gym or shopping, fiddling with our new phones, trying to learn all their features, or sleeping! LOL Hope I get caught up soon but as Freda says the housework is always there waiting on me!

Bobbi - this is just our gym we went to before...it's just that we suspend our membership when we are doing our winter traveling and just started back up again April 1st. I usually go four days a week but this week only went three times as we didn't go today. My dh had something else going on and I have been so worn out I decided I needed sleep more...I took a pain reliever last night and slept until almost 10 am! I didn't even know when dh left. I woke up once in the night but got right back to sleep.

Today we went to Costco for our coupon shopping and also to return the blender we bought the other day as I didn't like it. It couldn't crush the ice in my drinks and I didn't want all the plastic stuff that came with it...I have too much of that sort of thing already. I discovered that the hand blender my dh got me for Christmas worked just as well so I decided not to get another blender. But when I looked at the Costco coupons, there was one for $20 off a Cusinart blender, so I bought it. It's large so I'm going to have to remove one or two of my hanging spice turntables (they hang under my cupboards) to accomodate it, but I've been thinking about removing them anyway as they always look messy. I tried making a mocha drink in it and it works great!! No ice left in the bottom of the glass now!

On the way home we stopped at Home Depot for some weed killer. They are forecasting nice weather next week..no rain, yea!! ...and we plan to work in the yard...killing weeds and planting etc.

Thanks for the positive comments about me getting thin...I want it so badly...I notice these days I often remember how it feels to be thinner and I want that back. I remember feeling so physically free, even though I hadn't realized I wasn't that way until I lost the weight. Still working on getting back down to the my sig weight...heck, I'm still working on getting down to where I was two weeks ago! Except for that short-lived drop, I haven't made much change in my weight for the past few years but I never give up at least. It seems to be a mental thing for me...and I've been working on that slowly...I make a little progress than fall back to my old ways of thinking and behaving...who was it used to call that "stinkin' thinking?" Flylady maybe Anyway that's been my problem I think...but very slowly I am changing. I did really well yesterday OP and so far today I'm OP even though we ate out.

Well, just heard a thump at my door so maybe the mail man brought us a package. Funny how we go for months hardly buying anything beyond the basics, then a month will come when we buy a lot. This month we have bought iphones and accessories, a vacuum and steam mop (came together ...maybe you saw TV commercial?) and blender. I got the deluxe accessories for the vacuum and they came today but the vacuum is still to come.

Karen - Your weightloss is really showing now!! GFY! Ok, talk later..have a good evening and everyone stay OP! We can do this (please keep reminding me of this too!)!!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning-- Just thought that I would pop in and say hope everyone is going to have a good weekend. We are getting ready to leave and go visit Tim's Dad-- Not sure when I will have internet so will check in when I can..Not lookig forward to the diesel fuel prices on this trip!! Oh well. just need to do this. Take care everyone.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #153  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning all,

Just stopping in to say hi ~ haven't been able to catch up on the posts or reply here in the last several days.

Work has been running late the last several days. On of my coworkers said it was because of the full moon. I had experienced that on the night shift, but didn't associate it with the day shift. But it seems that it is so ~ because the last stretch of really crazy late running shifts happened on the full moon. I'll be glad when that passes. The new hours/schedule was begining to be somewhat bearable when I could at least leave on time.

The alarm rang this morning (at 6am) and I got up to walk but felt tired so crawled back in, but knew I was not going to fall back to sleep, so got up and did the walk. I was real tired last evening ~ went to bed at 8:30 Don't know what was up with that.

It was a beautiful day yesterday ~ Steve came over with Maddie and they invited me on a bike ride ~ I was growly because I really wanted to go, but was in the middle of something I had to get done and so I didn't go.

I am trying to be thankful though ~ at least I got to see her and hug on her for a couple minutes. And got to see Jason and Sara for a few minutes and Corbin for a little bit the night before. And for a few minutes yesterday ~ I took my work out on the deck and did it sitting on the swing in the nice sunshine while I did it.

Have a safe trip Karen.

Ok, gotta quit playing and finish getting ready for work.

Take care ~ hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #154  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
No, Bobbi, I'm not on the 17-day diet. I've been reading some of the 3FC blurbs about it, saw the article, and decided to pass it on. Right now, I'm not on anything except trying to maintain!!! I have South Beach SuperCharged book available, which has worked in the past for me. I HATE Weight Watchers! Basically, I don't like any of the programs that make one obsess about calories and eating and food and blah, blah, blah, and blah. I want something that is doable, that works, that I don't have to constantly monitor. Am I singing the blues??

Spring has definitely sprung here! We had a bit of moisture this week, so everything is green and popping with blooms. I hope we don't get anything to damage the new growth. Being Colorado, that's not unheard of! It's really pretty, though.

Nothing much to report. All is well. I'm trying to do some very gentle yoga, trying to do something with that leg. Right now, I think amputation would be a relief!! Since the pain starts in the groin, from what I'm reading and have heard, it might be the hip that's in trouble. Gawd. I know, I know... but it's all just prohibitive!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Enjoy your time off, PT/Zoe !
Old 04-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #155  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi All - Just a flyby to say HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! Enjoy the sunshine if it is there where you all live. We are alternating between sun & clouds & it si quite cool. I'm off to a daffodil :flow2; tea for breast cancer in a bit & tomorrow am going to a Crown Jewels lunch & a play. And of course we will all be in our finests red, purple & white regalia complete with amazing hats! BFN.........
Old 04-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #156  

Hi everyone..its so sunny out i have the side door open...awww spring..its been a crazy morning..i was searching for a spool of white thread so i could fix my new t-shirts(had to take them in in the shoulders) anyways i was searching in the hall closet, a nitemare of junk when a box slipped out and bonked me in the head i decided it needed cleaning..2 hrs later and thread in hand i went to fix my shirts.and noticed i'd left a trail of paper and dust so stopped and swept the floors not easy in a wheel chair but got it done,then fixed my shirts..dh came in and said he was hungry sigh so i made him breakfast and then i cleaned up and wondered what i was going to eat ,i found a recipe for zuccini pancakes so i made them and they were pretty tasty so will post the recipe,they can be made sweet but i choose savory. not sure what the rest of the day will be but i'm sure something will find me hoping your weekends awsome (((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-16-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...well almost evening. Face is changing quickly now. The brown spots wipe off everytime I wash my face. I'll be allowed back in public by Monday. Have to charge my phone before I can take a recent picture. I'll post it when i send it to DD.

So glad you all are getting some Spring. I was feeling guilty hogging it all. We are about to slid into Summer. Spent a couple of hours in the pool scrubbing the tile and pushing the broom around....just regular opening seasonally maintaince. Stayed in mid80's today but gonna warm up to hot by midweek....fighting to keep from turning on the a/c. Love exercise that I don't think of as exercise.

Been researching/googling laser treatment for pain of neuropathy and also shoulder pain.....really looks promising for DH. His fishing bud is doing a series of 10 treatments for shoulder pain. If it was vivable we'll get Dh going. Wonder if we'll glow in the dark? Even read the blind studies and they show that it works. Would be magic if it's possible.

Been trying to plan some things to do with DS and DGD this summer. We have a wifelife sanctuary that cares for big cats. I mean the Big Cats. Get a chance look up www.wildlifesurival.com. Friends tell me you make an appointment to get a tour. That should rock a 11yr old's socks for sure. Plus another day down with the manatee and one day at the library....may do beach, but would rather stay at the pool here.....up to her. DH can do boat rides....hard to figure out what to plan. Eleven is betweens.....

Did anyone watch the Amazing Race last week.....the girl with the tattoos and piercings jumped in the Gangee River! They had just showed dumping burned bodies, nasty cowplop patties for fuel, the water was foul. she was over her head.....wonder what happened to her. Have watch this week. That had to have been the stupidest thing I have ever seen anybody do. Can't begin to list the diseases etc.....double yuck.

Lynn....What did you think of them sending Matt back to the island? That was so mean. They should change the name to Boston Rob show.

Donna....Do me a favor and try an ice pack on your lower back. Ice in ziplock bag wrapped in a towel for 1/2 hour. Be surprised if that doesn't relieve some of the pain. i hope!

Karen...Stay safe traveling.

Gayle...lucky you to get those quicky hugs in.

Zoe....9 days! If it is even party cloudy you'll end up with a lovely tan. So by the time the wedding comes you will do us fatchicks proud.

Rosie...are you telling us even the new shirts are too big...what a fine feeling that must be....

Back to my last daffodils book....Hate to finsh it. hugs all..karen3

ps also try www.manateecam.org/ live pictures of manatees in the park.

Last edited by Karen3; 04-16-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #158  

Yup Karen they are,but to get them to fit aound me the shoulders are always to big so i alter them to fit..i spent the rest of the day putting on iron transfers on my t-shirts..ive never worn t-shirts so ive bought plain ones and then put a design or saying on them..you can find lots of iron ons in e-bay from flashy to funny..right now i have a new heather grey v-neck t -shirt on with a green frog with pink cheeks with her arms stretched up and out saying i love u this much..im so tickeled to wear t-shirts..i'll have my dh take pictures to share rosey
Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Well pooh! The herbalist course that I was supposed to start today has been cancelled for the weekend because the poor instructor is flat out with the flu. Oh well got some shopping and cleaning done and will go roller skating tonight and tomorrow afternoon instead - I have some new wheels that I am longing to try out - bright pink! WAtch out people here I come!!!! Have a great weekend everyone
Old 04-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! We made it to Effingham, Illinois tonight. This is a very pretty spot and sits on a lake. Lots of pecan trees and this super nice wooden deck right out side our door for our use---too bad it is only 45 degrees here!! Maybe it will be warmer on our way back and we can enjoy it. I took this picture with my iphone and thought that I would share. It has been a good trip so far, outside of having to pay for diesel fuel, So far the most we have had to pay is $3.96---but it is going up the further east we go! Oh well--- not much we can do about it for now.

I hope everyone has had a good day. I'll check in when I get the chance..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Effingham Illinois.jpg (7.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #161  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! We went to a potluck and I really tried to be good. I think I did pretty well. However, I took a German chocolate cake as it was all I could think of taking and I already had the mix. Before we left we had the hostess remove most of what was left so we only took home a couple pieces. I must confess though that I ate mine as soon as I got home...but at least I left the other piece for dh cause he said he wanted it. Good thing he told me or I might have eaten both of them, it tasted so good to me! My dh was smart, he got his piece and then soaked the pan in water so I couldn't scrape the sides! Oh that's sad, isn't it?!! I'd only confess this to you GGs!

We stopped at the AT&T store and returned the BlueAnt....anyone know what that is? LOL It's a hands-free device for the car. We thought it was a good idea even though we really don't get many calls when driving usually. But it's just too tedius (for want of a better word). Either it can't hear us due to the car/traffic sounds or we (esp dh) can't hear it, so very frustrating. In place of it we got a better bluetooth (ear thingy). So far it seems to work well.

Karen 31 - Hope you enjoy your trip. In CA we paid as high as $4.59 and back here at home it is that high now in some stations so probably CA is higher than that now. So to us what you are paying sounds good. I hope it doesn't get too high as you go further east. My dh told me today that he is again seriously considering selling our rig. Our 5ver and the p/u are both 18 years old and although they look great (and the pickup runs fine), after the expense we had on our last trip, he said he will always be thinking it might breakdown again. Parts can be hard to find now that it is so old so that means even further expense having them shipped and renting a car in the meantime etc. We also need a newer car so could use the money for that. We've been saving as we don't want anymore loans at our ages but since we are now helping our son it is more difficult to save as much as we were. Of course with the rising cost of diesel, it is possible we won't even be able to sell it. We are praying about it and am sure we will figure out what to do in time.

Rosey - You are very creative. I can't wait to see you in your new t-shirts! I can imagine how exciting it is to be able to wear these things now and am very happy for you!

Karen 3 - yes watched amazing race too and was surprised that she jumped in too! I hope she doesn't get sick. I like her. Her partner is kinda wimpy sometimes but she is a very strong hard working girl. My favorite though are the Cowboys and the Globetrotters.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #162  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ one of my coworkers was talking today about having migrains and it made me think of you. She had mentioned it when one of the dr's was sitting there and he told her to take magnesium at bed time and drink lots of water through out the day. I don't know what her situation is with her headaches, but wondered if this might be anything that might help you.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #163  

Hi everyone here's the t-shirt pics.i've altered them twice and still to big..a hot water bath and dryer should shrink them some. rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 317.jpg (28.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 318.jpg (30.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
It’s been wet & very, very windy here today. So, couldn’t get anything done outside, but we did get a few things done in the house. On Easter we’ll be having the family dinner here (all the family holiday dinners are at my house), so I’ll be busy next week getting ready for that. There will probably only be about 15 or 16 people coming, but I never know for certain, so I plan on 30 just to be sure to have plenty of food. My mom will be bringing a couple of things (beans & deviled eggs), but I do the rest of the cooking - 2 spiral-cut hams, potato salad, more deviled eggs & a couple of cakes. And, of course, lots of sweet tea! I might fix some other things, but those are the foods we have to have. Anyway, thought I’d better check in here while I have a little time.

Thanks for the compliments on my swing. I haven’t really had too much time to sit in it yet, but when I do, it is sooo relaxing. Wednesday it was so nice, sunny & warm, I decided to just stretch out on it for a little while, & it was perfect! There was a slight breeze gently rocking the swing, & wafting the sweet smell of something blooming nearby. The birds were singing in the trees, & flitting to & from the birdfeeder, just 20’ away - just so peaceful I didn’t want to move, ever! And you’re right Freda, just needed a glass of tea & a good book. Zoe, you’re welcome to come on down & share the swing, any time! In fact, you all are, but I think I’ll need to get some more swings! Bobbi, the swing is in the sun part of the day, but most of the time it’s shaded by the trees. I planned it that way, because it will be pretty warm soon.

Rosey, I love your rocking chair & the bears. Looks like your DH is as talented as you. I guess you two are a perfect match.

KarenFL, thanks for the tip on the books. They sound like the kind I really like - I’ll definitely be looking for them. I still haven’t gotten around to getting your son’s book, but I’m going to (I really want to read it!). I’ve just been busy busy busy. And, I’m still looking forward to your “after” pics.

KarenMO, I really like your new avatar. It seems sort of spring-like, & you look so slim & happy. Good for you on that 1.9 lb. loss. Yay! And hope your trip continues to go well.

I’m happy to report that at weigh-in this morning, still 2 hours earlier than my usual time (I guess this is my usual time now - I just can’t stay in bed as late since it’s starting to get warmer), my weight was down to 149. Yay! I lost 2 pounds - the pound I gained last week, plus another one. I’m still really restricting my calories 3 or 4 days a week (1000 - 1200 cal. a day), even though I’ve told myself I could stop that for awhile, & switch to maintenance. I guess I’m just not ready yet.

I’ve really got to go, I haven’t even checked my email in 2 days, & it’s getting late. Hi! Donna (hope your leg is better), & Gayle & Mary & Sherry & Maureen & Lynn (are you still on your trip?), & Lyn & Bunti (have we heard from you lately?), & whoever I’ve missed (sorry!). Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.!
NCNancy
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Rosey, just saw your t-shirt pic. It's adorable, but you're just too little for it! You're really losing! And lookin' good!

NCNancy
Closed Thread