Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Sorry I’ve been missing awhile, but it seems spring has sprung around here, & I seem to gotten the spring cleaning bug. And, since I’m usually a “do as little as possible to get by” type housekeeper, when I get all energetic I try to go with it as far as it will take me. So, my walk-in closet (a very small one) can now be walked into again, & every available surface in my bedroom is no longer stacked with clothes - I can actually sit in my chair! Yay! My SO & I also have a lot of outdoor projects we want to get done while the weather is nice (& not too hot), & a few indoor ones as well. When I finally get to sit down in the evening, all I feel like doing is reading for a little while & then climbing into bed. I guess that means I won’t have time to hang out around here too much, until the weather gets too hot to do anything more than sit in front of the air conditioner. But, I’ll definitely be checking in to see what everyone is doing & to say hi.

This has been my first week on “maintenance”, & at weigh-in this morning I’d gained a pound. Not happy about that, but I was expecting it, because I got up, & weighed, a couple of hours earlier than my regular time. I know that usually causes me to weigh a little more. I have actually forced myself to stay in bed those extra 2 hours so my “official” weight for the week would be lower. This morning I decided that was silly - I had things I wanted to be doing, so I got up!

KarenFL, earlier this week I went to Amazon.com, & read the first few chapters of your son’s book that you can read for free on your computer. I really enjoyed it & plan to buy the rest (the computer version) when I can find the time. I think it’s pretty good!

KarenMO, you’re doing the closet thing too, huh? And you're doing soooo good on still losing weight & fitting in size 14 jeans! WTG! Yay! I like your spring pics. Your yard has a lot of the same plants & flowers mine does! Mine were here when I moved in & manage to survive in spite of my “black thumb”. And Rosey, I see you lost another pound. Yay! Your snow is pretty, but……. I know you’re tired of it! Zoe, did you read what I said about my weigh-ins? Those scales are fickle, & like most males (yeah, gotta be male), you’ve got to finesse them & handle them just right to get them to say what you want them to. And, again like most males, then you still can’t trust everything they say!

Well, today was pig-out day, so we went to CiCi’s for all-you-can-eat pizza. As usual I ate lots & lots, & really enjoyed it, but now my belly is full & I’m ready for bed. It’s a little early, but then I got up earlier than usual (for the weekend). So, nite, nite everyone. I’ll stop by when I can.
NCNancy
Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

On our way to Niagara Falls - we got to Pittsford, NY & stayed at a really cute little B&B on the Erie Canal.

By the end of our drive yesterday (from 10:30 - 5:30) I had developed a raging urinary tract problem. I NEEDED a hot tub and a bed.

I got both, took some sleeping pills and painkillers and went to sleep. Hopefully, my DD & SIL got out and had a nice dinner.

I feel MUCH better this morning.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-10-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #93  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All... from WINDY (and very dry) Colorado......

KarenFL, I still haven't been able to find the name of your son's book. Could you tell us once again, please?

No news. I pulled out the dreaded scale and am nearly suicidal about the results. OMG. OMG. How is it possible to put on that much weight in that little time??????????????

Anyway, hope your weekend is a good one! Later.......
P.S. Nancy, your picture is TINY!!! I mean, you in your picture are tiny!!!!

Last edited by jess1; 04-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Donna sent you an email with the book title. Another hugh write up on a literary blogg today......so proud of him....k3
Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #95  

Hi all.....quiet and sunny and quite warm down here. AT 7:30 it is still 87! Pool stays just too chilly to swim and so jogging across lower end. Tried on another suit and the elastic has evaporated from that one, too. Gesh must have had elastic eating moths this winter. Thats 3 for 3. Now have droopy drawers and droopy boobs....golden years?

Just had breakfast for dinner. Had scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. Much easier to eat at suppertime. Someday i will learn to eat breakfast. I do cause the beach plan says you must, but doesn't say I have to enjoy.

Lynn....CRANBERRY JUICE......by the gallon!

Donna....DS's book is being offered to librarys. Check with your library they may have or will be getting it in. He's been tickled with a bar code number they issued last week. That seems like his personal mile marker.

We debated last night on turning on a/c....even stuffier tonight. Gosh I hate to start that bill running. I took a 12m swim and legs were so cold I fell a sleep before I got warmed up.

Can't believe it has been a month already and I go for 3rd laser treatment Tuesday. I have no visible brown spots. Look closely and you can see shadows which will probably darken up when he zaps me. But that means no "pre cancer' spots...yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

back in the morning....sleep well chick-a-dees.karen3
Old 04-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #96  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Karen3, can you send me the book title, too? I tried to find your post with the info, but I guess you edited it out, maybe? (Thanx! )
Okay, well, I'm back on track, thank goodness...had dropped two pounds at today's weigh-in, so I'm feeling a little happier . Back to work tomorrow, work one week and then will have 9 days off for the price of 3; president's day on Monday the 18th and Good Friday off, so I'm taking vacation days on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. No special plans, just need a break badly.
PT, oh, it sure IS possible...so danged easy to pile the pounds back on and so danged hard getting rid of them. I keep saying "This is the last time I'm going to lose this weight", but somehow always find myself needing to lose it all over again. I am SO jealous of those skinny people out there who never gain no matter how much they eat. No fair! It's against the rules of the universe, is what it is!
Glad you're feeling better, Lynn...my son and his fiancee were at Niagra Falls back in September, I think it was, and they really enjoyed it. I've never been myself, but have been thinking about maybe going sometime this summer. Sounds like it's one of those things that ought to be on a person's bucket list, right?
Oh, Nancy, DO stop in as often as you can - we'll miss you! With you so close to Hendersonville, I feel like you're my sister's neighbor!
In the 80's Karen31? I guess you know how jealous I am! Good work with all that exercise, too...I would've slacked off long ago!
Omigosh, Mary, I've been meaning to re-organize my cabinets for weeks, now! Hopefully I'll get to it while I'm home on vacation!
Hope you enjoyed your dd's birthday, Bobbi....we're missing you here where the GG's hang out! Hope you're feeling better, too!
Okay, well, enough from me for the night - I'll leave some room for somebody else for a change!
Hugs and happy Sunday to you, Freda, Rosey, Lyn, and all!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #97  

Hi everyone..i'm sad today as i lost a good friend to cancer.she fought a courageus battle.she went thru 4 seperate rounds of chemo with a smile on her face.i'm happy shes not suffering anymore,sad for her dh and 5 daughters,may she fly with the angels. puts things in perspective,life is fragile,treat gently. ((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-11-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #98  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello everyone,

Rosey ~ sorry for the loss of your friend.

Whew ~ at last I am almost finished with the stuff I wanted to do today. Just have my lunch to pack now. Feet up and visiting here ~ Ahhhhhhh

Tired ~ been on the ball all day long. I had wanted to get some boxes taken care of and was determined to get to it this weekend. My daughter asked me to stay with the kids last night while she and her husband went to a friend's wedding. I figured it would take me all weekend, and though I would have to wait until my next weekend off. But, I was bound and determined to get at it ~ I started this morning and with DH's help ~ got it done.

Our house doesn't have a basement or an attic ~ no where really for storage except the garage. We have a bunch of boxes with stuff that needs sorting ~ what to throw away, give to Goodwill, ~ what to keep. We have put the boxes on some shelving ~ some in the living room and some in the dining room. The dining room (since we aren't very good at being social) ~ we don't use as a dining room ~ it is a combination exercise room ~ treadmill, eliptical and recumbent exercise bike in there ~ and on the shelving some of the boxes and then it is like a giant pantry (DH buys in bulk). The living room shelving kind of makes an area that DH uses kind of like an office. It doesn't look like your usual home, but we sort of don't do things in the usual way. The only people who come by are family and they are used to our unusual ways.

I had started last fall to work on sorting the stuff, but was not able to finish ~ the holidays and end of the year stuff at work ~ I had to stop ~ I had a whole bunch of boxes down working on them ~ and had to just stack them neatly until I could get back to work on them. Well, then this change of schedule at work came along and I knew that it would be a good long while before I could work on that project again. This stack had been cluttering up my living room for 6 months and it was driving me nuts. So, I moved stuff around and got DH to help me put them up ~ back on the shelves. I will just have to pull them down one at a time as time allows ~ do a little at a time.

So, the boxes are up, and DH reorganized the stuff on the shelves ~ it might look weird, but it is nice an neat. Feels good to have gotten that taken care of.

Maybe all this working today will help me get rid of those pounds that found me again. Donna and Zoe ~ I can identify with the frustration you are having with the pounds that come back. My progress is slow ~ like 1 step forward and three steps back. I knew at weigh in that the scale would go up ~ I did it to myself ~ didn't eat very good some of the time.

Well, guess I'll go finish the rest of the stuff. Bed time soon ~ back to work tomorrow.

Sorry this got so long ~ thank you for listening/reading.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 04-11-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosey-- so sorry for your loss.. Thoughts and prayers are with you..
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #100  

Rosie...so sorry you've lost a friend. I'll add her to my prayers.

Zoe...sent you an email with the title
k3

ps just did my 12M jog

Last edited by Karen3; 04-11-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #101  

Good Morning Everyone,

My hotel room is unbelievable. I can sit in my armchair looking directly at both falls. Last night they were all lit up.

Tonight my DD & SIL are taking me out for my birthday dinner - tomorrow I am taking them out for a late anniversary dinner.

The only bad thing about the hotel is that the exercise room is out-of-order. The toilets in the bar (located over the exercise room) overflowed and broke through the ceiling of the exercise room - onto the head of at least one guest who was sitting in the hot tub at the time. We were REALLY happy that it was not us in the hot tub!

Have a great day, Everyone,

Lynn
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..i'm sad today as i lost a good friend to cancer.she fought a courageus battle.she went thru 4 seperate rounds of chemo with a smile on her face.i'm happy shes not suffering anymore,sad for her dh and 5 daughters,may she fly with the angels. puts things in perspective,life is fragile,treat gently. ((hugs))) rosey
Hi Rosey,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Lynn
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #103  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Rosey, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Good friends are hard to come by, and when you lose one, it sure does hurt. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Gayle, you are SO not alone in this struggle to drop weight, you know. Sometimes I just get flat out SICK of counting calories and saying "no" to stuff I really enjoy eating. That, of course, is when my weight creeps back up. Right now, I'm motivated to look half-decent for summer - you know how I love the beach, and I am still (imagine, at MY age!) too vain to get into a bathing suit unless I have the worst of my bulges under control.
Thanks for the book info, Karen3 - I'm going to order it from Amazon. I must say that I admire/envy your son; considering that I write for a living and read constantly, you'd think I could squeeze out a book or two, wouldn't you? Ah, well, maybe I'll give it another shot after I retire. STILL probably won't be able to do it ( I think I'm better at short pieces; the few books I've actually started just begin to look stupid to me after three or four chapters.)
Well, off to get started on Monday's "to-do" list - have a good day, y'all!

Z
Old 04-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #104  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Birthday Lynn!I'll be back later, on my way to therapy.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #105  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Lynn ~ enjoy your day
Closed Thread