Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

YAY!! Congrats Lynn!! I'll be watching for pictures!! I'll bet you are tired!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #32  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Nice going, Lynn!!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Karen & Lyn,

I am more hurting than tired. Everything from my waist down hurts.

See photos of my daughter and me below.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kathy & Lynn HAPPY small.JPG (76.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Backs - running small.jpg (72.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #34  

Lynn, it looks like you had a pretty day at least. Even though you are "hurting" I'll bet you feel good! Great Pictures.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I hope you don't mind if I join this thread. I am 40 lbs into my weight loss. I am also diabetic so I follow a moderate low carb diet and try to work out everyday.

Today is Sunday and it is snowing hard here again. I am down with a cold that I caught from my grandson.

It makes me happy to read the posts from everyone and it makes me feel a little less alone in this journey. Thank you. BTW, I am from Montana
Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #36  

Height: 5'3"

Lynn, I am so proud of you! I can't imagine doing something like that...13 miles! I would like to walk in our church's walk they do once a year, but would like dh to go with me and so far I have not been able to talk him into it. I tell him we don't have to walk the whole way, we can stop anytime we want/need to, but for me it's just the idea of getting out there and trying it. I'm sure you are hurting...I would be too....but you should also be very proud of yourself!

This week I lost a whopping .4 of a pound! LOL Recycled pounds of course. But at least I lost something and I didn't gain.

We are switching things around today (for a Sunday) and having dinner (biggest meal) in the evening like we do on the other days. Usually we have our Sunday dinner right after church, but my dh comes home so hungry and I was afraid it might take us longer to get to eating. But we decided to stop at the store for bread, and he picked up a piece of cooked chicken and went home and made a stir-fry noodle dish (using Top Ramen noodles), so it ended up taking quite a while still. He thinks if we go to the early service it'd be better for his bs but it's the same number of hours so I don't see the difference, but told him I will if it is important to him. I had a tuna sandwich (light bread) and fruit (1/2 apple, 1/3 c light peaches). Then later I had frozen Slim-fast for a dessert/snack. Someone on the counters thread told me about that. This time I tried chocolate and it was good too. The calories aren't much different than many ice creams but it is balanced nutritionally and also I am somewhat limited as usually don't have many cans on hand. If I had a 1/2 gallon of ice cream I can scarf it down very fast. Slim-fast has lots of fiber and so fills you up faster.

Not much going on here but we are enjoying a quiet restful day.

Riemontana - welcome! I'm impressed with your weightloss!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #37  

Omg Lynn what an accomplishment,i'm so proud of you its been a quiet weekend here,just puttering around. My dh made me a boxing bag from a duffel bag and stuffed it with pillows and tied from our center log in living rm. it worked great,not pretty but the price was right! so i boxed and laughed and boxed some more,got my heart rate up and i have to say it was fun and all i could do was laugh at myself. and now my arms and shoulders are sore. i posted the recipes i use hope they are helpful.i also checked out amazon.com for the book karen3 son wrote wtg for him,you must be so proud.i've had an extreme battle to keep from eating things i shouldnt..if im reading at the kitchen table and my dh can of pringels are there well need i say more i asked him to move all his junk food where i cant reach it! hope your weekend was great (((hugs))) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 263.jpg (25.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 270.jpg (26.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #38  

Hi Ladies!! Well, it has been a very lazy day here. I enjoyed our lunch with family and I really didn't go overboard to bad....I like to endulge a little and eat some of the stuff that I won't fix at home since I know I would pig out real bad if I did!!

Welcome Riemontana!! Glad to have to join us--we're a pretty good group even if I do say so myself!! Come back often and let us know how you are doing.

Mary, I like my slimfast too but I use the powders (royale chocolate and french vanilla) and mix with skim milk. I was wondering do you use the cans to freeze? I had never thought of that.. I'll bet it is really good. Do you just freeze it in the can? Years ago there was some stuff that wa called "Sego" and my aunt used to freeze it and all of us kids really liked it.

Rosey, I love your "boxing bag" I'll bet that is a lot of fun! You look so happy. Love seeing that big happy smile!!

Well, the Country Music Awards are starting so guess I'll go watch.. Have a great night everyone...
Old 04-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Wow Lynn! That's amazing. All your hard work paid off....Rest well tonight, lov...karen3

ps welcome Ms Montana

Last edited by Karen3; 04-03-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #40  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
First, a favor.... could Jane or Bobbi please rename this thread "April Golden Girls"? It's really hard to find the thread with just "April" and I've had to go to my UserCP and track down the subscription thread. It starts my day off with annoying!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you've all been busy and productive! Lynn, you continue to amaze me! You and KarenMO are truly inspiring!

Rosey, I loved the pictures of you beating the crap out of your bag! DH better watch out!

We got about an inch of snow!! YEA!!! I was going to take a picture of me building a snowman, but it melted as soon as it touched my hands. My little baby tree is blossoming, too! I'll be so glad to have Spring, although I missed Winter and am not looking forward to Summer!

Things are well here. No news. Later, gorgeous girlies!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Haven’t been around for a couple of days, seems everyone’s been busy! Lynn, you are just amazing. 13 miles in 4 hours! Wow! And you’re looking so trim & fit.

KarenFL, you must be soooo proud of your DS! I’d really like to read that interview. Be sure & keep us posted about it.

Rosey, I loved your boxing pics - you look like you’re really having fun with it. And Mary, another .4 lb. lost, it sounds like you’re doing good with your eating, now that you’re home.

KarenMO, smart of you to show some restraint at that buffet. Looks like I’m going to have to learn to do that. Saturday we went to one for my weekly pig-out meal, & I really went “hog wild”, especially on the desserts. I thought I was fine, just felt pleasantly stuffed, as usual. Went to bed around 10PM, still feeling ok, but woke up around 2AM, terribly nauseated! Well, I remembered we had some nausea pills in the kitchen, but didn’t know if I could manage to get there to get them. My SO was no help, because he had gotten up to watch TV in the living room, & had the headphones on & couldn’t hear me (& it turns out he had fallen asleep on the couch). I finally managed to crawl out of bed & creep to the kitchen, & swallowed down one of the pills (then SO wakes up & asks what I’m doing!). Fortunately the pill worked, & I was able to return to bed & go back to sleep. But, I hope I learned my lesson, & won’t do that again!

Hi Donna, glad you're happy with your snow. Zoe & Freda, hope you're not getting any (snow, that is! LOL). Hello Gayle & Bobbi & Lyn & Everyone Else (there are just too many of us to list everyone, & I'd still manage to miss someone!). Welcome Riemontana, nice to meet you!

Ok, I can’t wait any longer, have to tell you my good news. Saturday at my weigh-in, I’d lost 2 more pounds, so….. Tah Dah! I’m at my goal!!! I’m not really sure how that’s going to affect my eating. I’d like to ease up a little & concentrate on maintaining for awhile, but I’m not sure I’m ready to do that. But, I’m also not ready to set a new, lower goal, even though I probably should. Guess I’ll just wait & see how things go? (But, backsliding will NOT be tolerated!!!)

Gotta go, chores to do. See ya.
NCNancy
Old 04-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #42  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ooopps, sorry about that Donna. I went back and changed it, must have posted it with one eye open or something like that.
Quote:
First, a favor.... could Jane or Bobbi please rename this thread "April Golden Girls"?
Lynn...I can't believe you completed that run, amazing. I'll bet you felt like a wet dish rag after you crossed the finish line.
I filled my gas tank while in town today, $43.40 cents. Geeeeez, that's terrible. Zoe...you must spend a fortune on gas with all the miles you put in. Congrats to all the losers last week, good job. I'm staying at around 120, but have to work at it.
Nutin' going around here, dull day for me. I have treatments 3 times a week and that takes up most of my mornings. Now I need to brown a pork roast and get it into the crock pot, make another batch of tomato veggies soup. I'm still using tomatoes and zucchini from last years garden, will be out soon.
Welcome Rie from Montana, happy to have you.
Later Gator!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #43  

Good Morning!! Well, even though I really tried to not go overboard at the buffet, the scales show a 1.4 pound gain this morning!! YUCK!! I know it is probably mostly sodium but it still gets aggravating!! So I will be drinking lots of water today!! I've already got my 80 minutes workout in with the wii this morning. Here is what I have done so far this year with the wii as far as the miles go:
Total to date: 339.533 miles.

January--55.35 miles
February--116.34 miles
March--158.877 miles
April----8.966 miles

Nancy Congrats on losing another 2 pounds and reaching your goal!! That is awesome!! I can hardly wait to get there!!

Need to go and take a shower so I'll be back later.. Have a great day everyone
Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
... could Jane or Bobbi please rename this thread "April Golden Girls"? .....:
Jess - Bobbi changed the inside title, but I will change it in the Age 50+ threads list. I wondered why you all decided to drop the "Golden Girls" name!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #45  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you, Bobbi and Jane!! Life is easier again!
Closed Thread