Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #106  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG'S,

I know i've complained all winter about how cold it was, and all spring about how wet it was. And about how I was SOOO looking forward to warm weather. Well, now i'm complaining about the heat! I know i'm whiney and ungrateful! But in 3 days we went from winter coat to heavy sweatshirt to short sleeves and shorts! How is the body supposed to adjust? I was supposed to work yesterday but got a L/C day. It was so warm I washed some things and hung them out side. And a little windy too, so a perfect day for that. Last night we had to bring a fan up from the basement where it was stored, for the bedroom, which was way too warm for sleeping! I really wish I could have sent you just a little bit Z.

Rosie, so sorry about your friend.

Nancy, I've got the "cleaning bug" too. Is it catching? Sounds like several of us have it. I caught mine from TV. I washed another episode of Horders. It drives me crazy but if I see it on i am compeled to watch it. Then I clean for days. Maybe I should tape a few episodes for the times when I am really not that motivated? As for the weight maintenance, yes it's hard. If it wasn't a bunch of us probably wouldn't be here. I've lost and gained the same weight several times. THIS time, I give myself a number (5lb's) and if I got ove that I start a strict diet again. You can't go crazy over every pound, because you know your weight goes up and down for no rhyme or reason. And you know if you'r eating how you should.....

Gayle, Tackel the boxes one at a time. Maybe 1 a week? Set an hour aside while you're watching TV or something and go through it. Don't look at the big picture or it will seem too much. But 1 box is doable.

Z, YEAH for you! 2 lb is awsome. You will be looking good in that bathing suit by summer.

Mary, I love a well organized kitchen. Actually, I love a well organized anything! I guess I'm just an organzier. I want things neet. Do I sound a little neurotic? I guess I am. I am very uncomfortable with mess. Before you start thinking I am one of those clean freeks, let me assure you, I am not. I wish I was more so.

Karen31, I am so proud of you! You have actually become an "exerciser". It will make such a difference for you. Not only will you be thinner an more toned, but it will resolve so many health issues. Don't know if you have any health issues right now, but if not, then it will prevent them.

Karen, Your steak recipe sounds like a keeper. I'm adding it to my (small) list of go-to recipes.

Donna, Age old question. How is it possible to gain weight so much faster than it is to lose it? Especially when you know that it takes 3000 calories over your maintenace to gain a pound. That really is a lot of calories. And we all seem to do it so easily.

Lynn, Hope you are feeling better. It's rotten luck to be sick when you are on vacation. Did you bring your pryridium with you? It is good for the discomfort, while the UTI heals. If you didn't, I think it's sold OTC now.

Everyone, have a lovely day,

Freda

a
Old 04-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #107  

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Dear Lynn, Happy birthday to you
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #108  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh, darn it!!!!! I need to check the birthday lists more often! Hope you're having a happy one, Lynn (Of COURSE you are!).....Many happy returns to you!
:ball oons::cel ebrate:

Z
Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Lynn!! Have a WONDERFUL time!!

Zoe, congrats on another 2 pounds gone!! If all goes well, I should be able to kiss the 160's goodbye AGAIN this next weighin!!

Gayle, I still have boxes to unpack too from almost 2 years ago! But most of it belongs to hubby and he has to find a place for it. Mostly what I have left is pictures and I need to get them unpacked and put away. Some are in frames and I need to be able to get them either set out or hung up.. I love pictures!!

Thanks Freda, I really enjoy working with the wii. In fact, I just finished 80 minutes on it! I did 6.835 miles with the Free Run --- I do that 10 minutes at a time for 30 minuntes, in between I do the Free Step. I'm loving it though. I think I am going to wait and see if we are going to make a quick trip to PA. before I break out the Zumba..I don't want to start on it and then have to stop while we are gone.

Well, everyone have a great day and I'll be back later.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #110  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Missy Lynn...........
Happy Birthday to you!!!

The dreaded scale this morning said it was just joking (hahaha, bah!). It's still up, but not nearly as much as yesterday!! Bodies... wowsers.

PT/Zoe, when you get into that bathing suit, I want to see a new avatar of you in it! I think you'd make a fine pin-up girl! We'll start calling you Betty!

No news, just that I'm less suicidal today about the weight. Damned scale!! ♥ ♥

Here's an article on the 17 Day Diet: http://theweek.com/article/index/214...lose-12-pounds

Hope you're all doing well! Have a lovely Monday!

Last edited by jess1; 04-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #111  

Hope your day is great Lynn rosey
Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all......Happy Birthday Lynn....Hope the Falls are extra pretty tonight just for you!

Hot down here now. 97! this afternoon. yuck. No see'yums which are flying teeth are swarming out front. The gator is roaring out back. Peaceful quiet country living. Sounds like a movie lot. Time to take the hearing aids out.

karen3
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Happy Birthday Lynn
Rosey I'm so sorry for your loss
Tomorrow is weigh in day...yay...
Have a good evening GG's
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Looks like I'm the first one up and about this morning Down 2 pounds, that was a rather nice start to the day Oh well off to another day of battling ijits...
Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #115  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

What a beautiful day it's turning out to be. I have my clothes lines full of wet clothes, made Oriole nectar and hung the feeders out. DH is bringing out all the deck furniture, shade garden furniture. A mouse got into the shed and burrowed into one of the cushions so will have to replace it. My strawberries are greening up and we have a zillion baby peaches on our peach tree. Ahhhhhh, life if good!
DH got our 1932 chevy back yesterday from the body shop, they did an awesome job on it. The bill wasn't fun to look at, they quoted us $3,000. The actual cost was $4,500. The terds! Besides getting our property ready for the "Tour Of Gardens", I have the whole inside of the old car to upholster. I did the front and back seats last summer so that big job is done. I'll post picture next time we have it out of the garage.
Gotta run, congrats everyone that's dropping the weight!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all.....Just got a note that the book bear is #1 in 2 catagories in Canada.

Ahhhhhh......shhh I need dark cool and quiet space. Doctor amped up the laser and face is hot and spotchy. Hair is full of gel and lips are still numb. But the brown spots are basically gone forever....Fixing the damage I have done for past 70 yrs is a good thing, i guess.

bbl karen3
Old 04-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #117  

Morning everyone..not much new here. i think i have cabin fever just a little stir crazy, i should put that to work and do some spring cleaning On a happy note i lost another # slow but sure hoping your day is great rosey
Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #118  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

SO, I changed my tracker to reflect that 2 pounds that got dropped last week, but I can't remember how to change the weight thing beneath my avatar. Oh, well. <shrug> Doesn't matter a whole lot, I don't guess.
Seems like everybody's getting busy, eh?
I am, as always, at work, but as I think I may have mentioned, I have next week - 9 whole days - off. I'm hoping we have some nice weather because I sure would like to get outside some and get a little sunshine in my life.
In the fifties here today, and very overcast. Rain predicted tomorrow, but clearing Thursday & Friday. Hopefully a decent weekend ahead.
Okay. Just not much to report, and by the look of it, nobody much to report it to....so I'll be on my way.
Congratulate your son for us all, Karen3...that's pretty amazing for a first book. I can't wait to read it. I can't discuss the temperatures where you are, tho....makes me too envious.
Rosey, I think that's called "Spring Fever". I've got it, too. I just want to be out and about, and sitting here at my computer staring at a proposal that I don't feel like writing is excruciating.
Have a good day, everyone, and I hope to *see* you soon!

Z
Old 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #119  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - Well the liar, evil, nasty scale is now my best friend (for this week anyway ) I'm down 3.4 lbs so I'm a very happy gal! Rosey - I'm so sorry that you lost your friend. It seems that the older we get the more special people we lose. It's not right. Belated Happy Birthday Lynn! Zoe, Maureen, Rosey, & anyone I may have inadvertently forgotten - WAY TO GO on the losses. Bobbi - do post the pic. of your restored car. I love antique cars. We are having a beautiful day so I'm off to get Baxter out for a walk. Later.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #120  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Oh, crum, I mucked up my ticker. I'll try again. If it doesn't work this time..........I'll come back later.
Closed Thread