Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi all! Down 1 pound for this week Still headed in the right direction. Hope everyone has a good day!
Happy Birthday Zoe Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #197  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigosh, Nancy! I am So, so glad that you all escaped the tornadoes. Some parts of NC were hit so badly, and I was so worried about you! I called my sister and it looks like they missed Hendersonville too, thank goodness. That's about all she'd need right about now. Thanks for the birthday wishes! And thank you, Gayle, Rie and Tea! And Bobbi! I was glad to see that you'd checked back in - thanks for the birthday wishes, but snow! Ohhhhhhh, nooooooooooo! None for us, PLEASE!
Okay, so I've gotta say that yesterday was just soooooo fun, but my diet kinda went out the window. We took the bikes out at @ 11:00 - I spent the morning in my bath, and primping and pampering to my heart's content. Took awhile to get the bike rack positioned properly on dh's car, but got it done finally. We first went to the Blackstone Valley bike trail, where I learned that most of the muscles that used to be well-oiled and working smoothly when I used to ride my bike all the time have loosened right up like little pockets of Jello, and that this bike riding business is going to take me awhile to get back up to speed with. So, I rode on the downhill slopes and flat areas, but did a lot of walking up inclines and hills. (But hey - walking is good exercise, right? And pushing a bike adds a little semi-resistance training...? Okay, not that. Weight-pushing training?) So, the trail is 5-something miles, and you have no option but to turn around and come back when you get to the end unless you have somebody waiting for you with a car at the end, which we, of course, did not have. Soooo...is this possible, she asks? I did 10 miles combined riding and walking....and then we still didn't feel like going home and stopped at my daughter's house. They had spent the weekend in the Berkshires at a friend's timeshare, and had spent yesterday running errands and such - grocery shopping, etc. Dgd (the 10-year-old that we take on our monthly field trips) was really enthusiastic about the biking, and wished she'd gone with us, so we decided to...yup...go again! We went up north of Worcester to another trail that I remembered from when I was younger, and we rode there with dgd for about an hour and a half. It's really pretty - goes right through the woods, and there are some historical markers from where troops were quartered during the Revolutionary War, so we stopped and read those, and stopped by a stream that runs near the trail; it was really running high because of all the snow melt...so pretty, and all the trees and bushes are budding, and omigosh, it feels like spring in the northeast! Okay, so the baaaaaaad part was that I had my breakfast of oatmeal & blueberries in the morning, which typically sticks to my ribs pretty well, and it did - but by 5:30, and after all that riding & walking - I was starving to death! (Okay, obviously not starving to death, but ravenously hungry). So, we took dgd out for supper, and the restaurant, which has been in the same place since I was a child and my parents took ME there, has great food and serves sweet potato fries! My weakness! And every last one was delicious! So, you add a big, whopping serving of sweet potato fries to maybe 8 or nine onion rings (dh ordered a big basket of them for an appetizer) and half a grilled chicken souvlaki wrap (I could only eat half because I was so focused on the onion rings and fries) and you have......a diet-smashing supper that I can only hope I burned enough calories during the day to balance out, although we all know that if you're going to overeat, it should be BEFORE exercise, not after, correct? But eating woes aside, yesterday was great, great fun, and I am SO looking forward to putting that new bike of mine to lots of regular use from now on.
Tonight, dd is hosting my birthday supper at her house - a traditional New England lobster boil with all the fixings....oh, Lord....I'll need to get back on that bike first thing in the morning!
Oh - and dh got my old exercise machine out of the attic for me yesterday morning, and I did 50 repetitions on that in the morning and at night when we came home. I should be able to work my way up to somewhere around 250 once I get back into the routine. Yay!
Rosey, I love the way the color of that blouse sounds....sea mist....is it sort of a palish teal bluey-green? Any chance of a picture of you in it? Congrats on losing even more, girl! Sorry about the hair business, but hey, skinny as you're getting, you could get yourself a sexy wig and really pull off the diva look! Oh, so sorry about the loss of your friend. So painful. My thoughts are with you.
Omigosh, PT! Your Granny/Mom reminds me of an article I read in my lawyer's office when I was in the middle of my divorce...it was an interview with a French woman who was something like 110, and they asked her what she thought had enabled her to live so long. She says, "It's probably because I quit smoking." So they ask, "When did you quit?" She says, "Last year." I. of course, smoked at the time, and took that as a sign from the universe that I shouldn't worry about quitting until I turned 109! since then, I have of course revised my thinking on the subject, and did quit maybe four years ago...I haven't kept track. I sure like life a lot better without cigarettes. Hmmm, as for the corn in the pants as an energy booster, I had a quick flash of me walking around the office with a bag of frozen corn down my pants....oh, MY. The dishwashing liquid idea sounds interesting, Jane. I'm thinking to get some into the freezer pronto just for any future needs. And congrats on the new baby in the family!
Tea, I cannot imagine having any more snow. As Karen3 pointed out, I have become downright phobic about it. Please send NO pictures!
Oh, and Karen3, I'm so glad that your daughter fared okay amidst those tornadoes! SO scary!
Freda - oh, you were SO right about fun on the new bike! I am absolutely loving it! Oh, my dgd is playing soccer, too. Poor kid couldn't last year because of the broken arm, but it has healed well, and they're removing the pin this Friday.
Oh gawd, Lynn...I guess the nurses here are able to give you better advice about that uti than I could, but all I know about ut health is that at the first sign of pressure, you drink cranberry juice and flush yourself out. It's always worked for me, and worked almost immediately. Good luck with the new course. I swear, I have to wonder if you EVER take a rest, Lady!
Nice picture, Mary. Oh those danged scales! They make me sooo mad sometimes! I simply cannot weigh in every day - I know it would drive me batty. I'm weighing once a week, now, but I still hate stepping up on that thing. Once I've lost as much as I can by our Memorial Day getaway weekend. I'm going to stick to my diet & exercising (biking, YAY!) but I won't weigh in every week after that. More like once a month, and more judging by how my clothes are fitting/looking. That seems to work the best for me over the long term.
Yup - another novelette from Z!!!! I tell you, somebody needs to tap me on the shoulder and stop me....
Have a great day, everybody! Karen31, I hope you're doing okay on your travels..check in when you get a chance, now.

Z
Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #198  

Height: 5'1"

Happy birthday missy Z, happy birthday to you. Enjoy your time. You went for a 10 mile bike ride the first day out? Girl, when you commit, you commit!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #199  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISSY ZOE.............
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Oh, PT/Zoe, I think maybe (maybe??) you misunderstood! I wasn't putting corn in my pants for an energy boost (I got a chortle out of that) but to alleviate inflammation in the lower back to help with my leg pain!! I'm having graphic images all over the place here and have to stop talking about this! I did, however, make a detergent pack and froze it, Jane. Thanks for that idea!

Bobbi, I LOVE DWTS! This season, it's really good (unlike a few of the past ones!), but I really want Kendra to GO AWAY. What a whiner! I think Maks and Kirstie are too fun! In fact, it's a really good group, I think. Aren't Petra and Chris (the wrestler) just the NICEST people????

Glad everyone missed the NC storms! We're STILL waiting for OUR snow, and it's making me very cranky that you're still getting snow! It is NOT fair!!! I don't know how to contact the WeatherGods, because they go right over us and don't stop in... how annoying!

Everyone, have a LOVELY day. Later, my GG lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 04-19-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy BirthdayZoe!!! Just a quick check in here! We are sitting at Starbucks in Selinsgrove, PA. It is rainy and cold (45 degrees) Haven't had time to read everyones posts but just wanted to say Hello and everything is good. Will check back in when I get another chance...
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #201  

Hi everyone Happy Birthday zoe hope its fun. Yes my shirts are too big and i have no idea what size to buy now but i love t-shirts and never wore them befor,can hardly wait for jeans. I,m posting a pic of the shirt i plan to wear tomorrow. I alteredit by seaveral inches but it still big and need abetter bra(not aleisure sport bra but one that is more flattering).sigh my shoulders are so narrow compared to the rest of me its hard to get things to fit right. i know i seem a bit obsessed with clothes but for years i made my clothes, everything except underware and socks,so to be able to buy store bought is new to me..i was skilled at making things to fit my weird short round figure im having trouble figuring sizes..may be next trip to anchorage mydd and i can go look and try on diff things so i have a better idea about what fits now.My friends dh was just here for coffee i feel so bad for him. congrats to us all for the trying and the success's i'll check in later rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-19-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #202  

here,s the picture,be honest please!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 321.jpg (22.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #203  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I think it is beautiful Rosey ~ and I think you look beautiful wearing it.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Rosey - that is beautiful! You look awesome!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #205  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

It's very pretty, Rosey! You're looking so good!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #206  

omg you guys are going to make me cry thankyou rosey
Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #207  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Lovely, Rosey. You GO, girl! The color is wonderful on you, and it's just so pretty and feminine. Love it! You should feel beautiful in it, because you are!
Z
Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #208  

Height: 5'3"

Hi GGs! We've had a busy day. Started with a brunch out with friends and then came home to work for a while, then went out again and bought fertilizer and a lilac bush/shrub. Not sure it's the one I really want but it is a smaller Asian (Korea?) version and will fit the space better. I can always buy a larger one for planting somewhere else if I'm not satisfied with it. I am sure it will be pretty though. Soon we plan to buy another flowering tree too ...this one will replace the large evergreen we had removed. I'm hoping for a white or lilac color this time. Next will come flowers once the tree and shrub/bush are in place. We are glad that we can finally get out there and work in the yard.

I went a little over in calories and carbs today I think but not too bad esp considering eating out. Tonight I made Bombay Chicken, a kind of curry dish which I served with rice. Dh liked it, and I thought it was just ok.

Rosey - I agree with the others...that color is beautiful on you! You look so happy too!

Zoe - with all that exercise, I doubt the few extra calories hurt you that much.
Glad you are enjoying the bike.

I'm getting sleepy so will go to bed now...hope you all get a good rest and I'll see you tomorrow!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #209  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
I'm busy planning my Easter dinner, cleaning house and watching the snow fall. Yup, it's still snowing.
Rosey...very feminine white blouse. Where are you wearing it? It would be pretty for Easter but put a pretty colored silk scarf around the top for some color next to your face. I'm wearing an ivory brocade sheath dress with matching short cropped jacket for Easter sunday, I have to wear a silk scarf around the neckline so it doesn't wash me out. What fun for you to buy store made clothes. You're going to go crazy looking thru all the catalogs, just remember.........smaller sizes.
Quote:
4 Ways to Boost Metabolism

As we age, our metabolisms slow down, which can lead to gaining extra, unwanted pounds. But small dietary adjustments can help minimize weight gain in our middle years. Try these suggestions:
  1. Eat small meals throughout the day. This encourages steady caloric burn and a consistent metabolism.
  2. Choose healthy carbohydrates. Replace refined, high-glycemic-index carbs with unrefined, low-glycemic choices. The latter do not cause the spikes in blood glucose levels that encourage the storage of fat.
  3. Use spices. Capsaicin (the compound that gives chili peppers their bite), black pepper and ginger all boost the generation of heat in the body, leading to more calories burned.
  4. Drink green tea.. The main antioxidant polyphenol in green tea, known as epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG, stimulates the body to help burn calories. I recommend drinking a few cups of quality green tea every day.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning Girls!

Rosey the shirt is lovely and so feminine! I agree with Rosey, a scarf near your face would be great.

Rosey I wish it was still snowing here. Our snow melted yesterday. I have been looking for a wet heavy snow opportunity for a while because I wanted to make a snowman with my grandson. It hasn't worked out.

I had such a bad day at work yesterday and feel like I had a little victory by sticking to my plan. This morning I feel depressed and lazy and dreading the day. After this post I am going to go do the wii Walk it Out before I head into the office. I am hoping that the silly music and the excercise will help me.

Yesterday I saw a (last summer) fat picture of me on facebook in someone else's photos. Oh MY! I looked so bad! I need to get a nice current picture posted and then I will share.

Zoe - I look forward to more biking adventures.

Tea Granny - I am def. gonna try skating.

Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread