Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #76  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Tammy - I"m so sorry about Mary! Did the vet say what the diagnosis was? I hope you do finally get some sleep, although I know it will be hard.

Doris - I'm so glad you're back!! I really liked San Diego, too, when we went. Very clean! I could live in CA in a heartbeat, if my family would all go, too, lol. What will you do with the peahens and babies?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I went to the meeting at church today, and left at refreshment time (4, count 'em 4, homemade cakes!!). I left during a storm, and went right down the street to Walmart, and hadn't been in there more than 10 minutes until I got a call saying our church had been hit by lightning and was on fire! There is extensive damage to the roof area right above the sanctuary, and I'm guessing it took out our brand new sound system, too. All of the other ladies got out ok, as did the office help. Not sure if there will even be a service Sunday.

Other than that, I had a good, OP day.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

TammyYou did the hard thing, but the right thing. I will remember you in my meditation today.
Jane Oh my, a church struck by lightening!!! Irony there. I am sorry about the expense, and hope you all were insured (does Act of God come into this) I have visions of all the cakes with melted frosting.. and so glad all the people were okay.

So the trip to WI was wonderful. Anne was just as I thought she would be, funny and wise. We had never met in person until Wednesday. The trip back to Tampa did not go as well. The flight was delayed due to weather and I was bumped from the last flight to Tampa. I spent 10 hours at the Atlanta airport. All the concessions closed at 10:40 or so. I dozed, and walked, and then dozed and trudged and then slogged and then hobbled.. I had high hopes that all the walking would show up on the scales. No joy.

Today I have tried something new for breakfast. .34 C yogurt mixed with 1 C frozen applesauce seasoned with cinnamon. Like eating ice cream. Yum.

Heading up to my lady's house in Land o Lakes. I spoke to her about my frustration re the scales, and she understands. Will be weighing and portion controlling there too. PS. Jane if you are reading this... she is not my life partner (yet) we are still in the courting stage. We are too old to move that fast .
Hi to everyone else. Hope my sisters in support have a great weekend.
Coralee
Old 07-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning:

Tammy: I hope your heart can start healing soon. Why can't cats and dogs live longer? I hope when the time is right you can give another furbaby a good home. We aren't in the position to get another dog and I think that makes it harder to get over the loss.

Jane: That's pretty scary about your church getting struck by lightning, glad everyone is okay! Were the cakes saved ?

The peacocks are feral so the only thing I'm going to be doing is trying to keep them out of the garden. My flower beds are in terrible shape, really overgrown with some kind of flower I planted that is now a weed. I was out there one day messing with the vegetables and here comes the male peacock going through the beds until he found 1 of the 2 foxtail lily flower stalks that didn't freeze and started pecking at it. I looked at him and said, "Oh really, you have to eat that flower?". At least he had the grace to move on at that point.

But the babies are really cute and small. There is a lot of food for them now (hopefully in other people's yards) so I won't start feeding again until winter sets in.

I love San Diego, too, but California's taxes are too high. That's the price you pay for living in great weather I guess.

Coralee: I hate to fly for the very reason of the description of your return trip...

Glad you had a good time in Wisconsin and it sounds like you're trying harder than I am with your weight loss efforts. I have such a compulsive personality so all my time and energy is focused on my yard and hobby for now. The only good thing is that when I get really busy I don't think about eating. Still not losing weight, but my pants keep getting looser every week.

Doris
Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #79  

Height: 5'3"

hello everyone! its been a nice day....very warm but a slight breeze which made it pleasant. We sat outside in the shade for a while and enjoyed it. Now nice to be inside.

Coralee- glad you enjoyed your trip. I'm copying your new breakfast to give it a try. Thanks! Always looking for new ideas. Think you are wise to take it slow in your relationship....younger people should do this too...but then I can't talk since I married my dh after only knowing him for 7 months! We've been married 48 years come Sept though. But you can bet if I were doing it again, I'd take it slow and be very careful! Not because I've had a bad exprience, it's been a good one...but because things are so different now in this world and I'd want to be really sure of who I was hooking up with. I know now how fortunate I was and thank God for my dh.

Mary - sorry about your pet. I know how hard it was for us after our last dog died.

Doris - The only time we go to DL now is with the gk as they live near it Makes it more fun seeing it through their eyes. But they have annual passes and can only go through the fall-spring months so less crowds which is nicer too. At least hope you got some rest. I envy you having the wildlife...I'd love that! Of course I understand about your garden...part of it I suppose. Glad you are feeling the looseness in your clothes even if the scale doesn't show it yet. It will in time..keep up the good work! Keeping busy is best for me too so I don't think about food!

Jane - your flowers are SO pretty! Thanks for sharing. I am wanting to plant something so badly but have been too busy doing maintenance stuff. sorry about your church, goodness, I'm glad you were out already. Hope things can be fixed without too much expense. crazy things going on weather-wise the last few years!

Need to go tend my cooking...

Last edited by maryea; 07-09-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #80  

Just a quick hello:

We had a weather cell above our little town last evening and we got a lovely rain for a few hours. That's pretty rare around here. I know there will be a lot of weeds, but everything else is going to do better.

My nephew's wedding is next month so I'm doing serious lowcarb now. I have a dress that already fits so the pressure is off there. Some of my family may be coming here first so that means I have to clean--it's about time.

We got the word at work to prepare to gear up and plan for overtime. No one can take vacation later this year so I guess it was a good thing we went when we did.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday-we have a grand niece's birthday party today so I don't plan on getting much done.

Doris
Old 07-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #81  
GmaTo8

I've got a bazillion things to do today, but wanted to stop in and say hello to my buddies.

Hope you're having a good weekend!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #82  

Hi everyone!

I've been overeating past three days. Was so hoping to do well today but I didn't. Didn't binge today at least and mostly ate healthy but just ate too much and dinner was higher calorie than usual plus when I bought a requested doughnut for my dh this afternoon, I also bought one for myself! That was the unhealthy part. Ok, confession over..

Doris - good luck on your low carb plan! But regardless of what the scale says, my advice is wear that dress with confidence and enjoy the wedding. Sounds like you'll be working hard so that may help too.

I've been feeling lazy all day...probably due to too many carbs...but I did water both lawns, flowers and gardens and did a little weeding plus sat outside with my dh a few minutes too. I also
got most of the weekly housework done. Still need to change our sheets and I think do another thing or two but should get them done tonight. I like to get the weeks work done by Sat night if I can. Our good neighbors came over for a brief visit too to see how my dh is doing.

Not much going on otherwise. Have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by maryea; 07-10-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #83  

Hi everyone;

Too hot to be outside now and I'm procrastinating about cleaning the bathroom so I came here instead .

There was a big blow-up at the birthday party, didn't involve us, but it was very uncomfortable to be there. Makes me wonder how our family dynamics will be if the sons ever get inlaws.

And then DH decided to have his own flare-up this morning. He was helping me but I asked him 3 times to watch when he was stepping on some plants that I recently transplanted. So he got mad at me....the transplants are toast, but at least all my veggies are hooked up to the same drip system.

Well can't put off cleaning any longer!

Doris
Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #84  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Coralee - I've met several internet friends in person, including our own CottageByThe Sea (Linda) who posts here. She is a total sweetie! Glad you had such a good time! Sorry about the life partner comment, lol. Not sure why I said that!

Mary - sounds like you've been plenty busy. Thank you for the comment about the flowers. (I was beginning to think I was the only one who could see the picture, lol.) Maybe you'll have more time next year to plant things. I want to plant more carefree roses next year, and have them grow up trellises on the end of my house.

Doris - Yay for having a dress for the wedding. One less thing to worry about. Yes, it's good you already had a vacation! About the party, I've been with people who start to fuss with each other, and it is very uncomfortable! Sorry about your transplants. Maybe they will rally around again, in a day or two. I don't like to clean bathrooms, either, so I usually put on some Rolling Stones, or similar, music to get me through it, lol.

Hello to anyone reading this.

We've been busy with the grandkids, and that will go on through Saturday. Since school starts 5 weeks from tomorrow, we're trying to pack in as much fun as we can.

Weigh-in Saturday slowed down a bit, with a .8 pound loss. Still, that takes me to 30.2 pounds down, now. I gave away most of my smaller clothes last year, but I wore some pants today that I hadn't had on in so long, I can't remember when I wore them! Sometimes it's an effort to not focus on the total amount I need to lose. But I'll take it one day at a time, and give thanks that I have you ladies to share the journey with.

Have a good evening, ladies.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi All,

Just a quick flyby. Still around. I'm learning what brings my blood sugar and blood pressure come down and what doesn't. I seem to need to eat more low carb than high carb. Low carb brings it down and high carb raises it. So I'm learning to work with my body.

DH got the results of the tests done by pulmonary and blood docs. They cannot say 100% that there is no cancer, but the tests so far are benign. They and we have decided to wait 3 months and see where we are then. They will do CT scan to see if the swollen lymph has gone down and if not then we may decide to have the lymph removed to be sure that if there is any cancer hiding there is out of there. However, the pulmonary doc says he has seen clots cause lymphs to swell. We are praying that is all it is and everything will be normal when tested again.

Trying to get my house cleaned up from when I wasn't able to do it. Got to get rid of all the clutter so I won't be embarrassed if someone comes by.

Have a great day. Hope all is doing well.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #86  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Hello all. Thanks for the words of encouragement and comfort. Precious Mary had bad leg and back problems and it was getting worse, she could barely stand and her health was not improving, but the good Lord gave us almost 12 years with her and for that I will be always grateful, due to our busy work schedule we will not be getting another pet and it is hard to evacuate with them for hurricanes, as for my eating, it's ok one day and horrible the next. I hope you all have a blessed evening. Tammy
Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #87  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Trish - I hope all ends up well for Tony. Sounds like it will. Regarding the carbs, are you focusing on whole grains? I'm feeling so much better now that I have given up almost all simple carbs. I hear you about the house! Sometimes I go much too long w/o giving it the attention it needs, and if someone popped in, I'd be so embarrassed. Luckiy, since I live so far out in the country, that doesn't happen too often, lol.

Hello to everyone reading this.

Mary's boys are here, taking showers. We had fun today, and I'll be sad to see them go home tomorrow.

I'm sure loving all the fresh produce. Makes it's easier to stay OP.

Have a good day!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #88  
GmaTo8

Tammy - you must have just posted when I began. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of Mary. (hug) My best dog, Molly, is at least 13 - we got her at the pet port, so we can't be sure - and I am worried about her. She has slowed down so much, and is showing other signs of age. It will be a sad day when she passes. I hope you have a blessed evening, too.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #89  

Hi all! Today's been a good day. It's lower temperature (70s) but very nice. I actually managed to get all my housework done. Still have one thing carried over from Monday that I missed but missed it again today. Wonder whether that's because it's one of my least favorite tasks?!! But everything thing else got done. then I went to the store for a few items and when I got home found one of my dh's friends here visiting him. First time he's gone to answer the door but he assures me he went slowly. It is good for him to have someone else to talk to now and then other than me.

Doris - sorry about the family issues. Family can be difficult at times.

Jane - GFY giving up simple carbs! I eat mostly whole grains but I do continue to eat some simple carbs. Even that would not be so bad if I could just limit my eating to one serving.

Patty - I'm diabetic too. It takes a while to figure it all out. I still struggle with sticking to what I know I should eat ..for me it's more limiting my snacks thats difficult esp in the eve. It's like my brain stops working about 8 pm and I forget all I have learned about eating/nutrition/diabetes!
Hoping for the best for your dh. I'm sure the waiting to know is not easy.

Think I'm going to listen to my hypnosis tape now before I have to fix dinner.

Have a good evening.

Last edited by maryea; 07-13-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've had so many things going on this summer between family events, gardening, and also working longer hours. I've read the back posts and am trying to keep up on the news with all of you and wish you all well.
Closed Thread