Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #76  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning... again.

Still having difficulty with this site. BTW, I've never had a response from either email to the webmaster. Is it normal to be ignored or does it usually take a long time for a response? Irritating!

Nothing much to report! Gorgeous here, blue skies... cold, though, very cold. I'm feeling good and strong and motivated and am completely enjoying this new year!

Stay warm, everyone. Thanks for the recipe site. I LOVE recipes!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #77  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Jess...my trick when ignored is to keep posting until someone gets sick and tired of me. If I've purchased something and need an answer, I'll post every hour for a day, no kidding.
On free sites like 3 Fat Chicks, you'll just have to get in line. They will answer eventually.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #78  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hiya Bobbi - I write...and write...and write. And write some more. Proposals, press releases, public relations material, etc., etc., and so on and so forth. That's probably why you'll occasionally see a very LONG post from me...I'm so used to writing, I just keep on doing it, no matter where I am. Been in meetings all morning...just microwaved some of my homemade chicken & veggie soup and successfully navigated away from some JUMBO chocolate/chocolate chip & nut cookies in the employee kitchen. Omigawd, Made with Lindt chocolate! Okay. I'm gonna 'fess up: I would've gone ahead and taken one because I'm a little short on willpower today, but I couldn't get the stupid package open! They were stacked in one of those sealed, airtight containers that you have to pry the top off of. I tried for a few minutes, couldn't get it off, and finally decided that the universe was trying to save me from myself, and I went back to my office empty-handed. Phew!
We're supposed to get snow tomorrow. Ugh. I hate driving in the snow! It'd sure be nice if it could wait until Saturday when I don't absolutely have to get up and out, but I don't suppose that it will.
Okay, gotta get back to work - Love you guys -

Z
Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #79  

Morning everyone..slept in today and still feeling lazy..its raining on top of snow..glad we dont need to go out and about..the roads must be like a skating rink..willie is doing real well,gets his stitches out saturday..have not seen the nasty neighbors but he sent a check for part of the vet bill..we go out with the dogs now to make sure they are safe..what a pain..some people are just jerks..sooo on that note all the lovely "GG" have a great day for all rosey
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #80  
Donna

Rosey, at least they paid SOME of the bill... that's better than nothing! Is your boy healing?

Do any of you watch Dr. Oz? I think I'm in love... I watched him just once, but I liked him and his advice... so much better than that bald bag of wind!!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

Woke up with a scratchy throat and beautiful snow. Waiting for the plows to get finished so I can go to the gym.

BAD news about my DD - the face cancer is back and she must use that horrible chemo cream that burns her skin off again. WORSE news - instead of 2 weeks like last time, this time she must use it for 3 weeks. I can't imagine how she will be able to do this. When she was doing it last summer, she was in agony by the end of the 2nd week.

Check back later,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-08-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #82  

Good Morning all,

We got snow yesterday, started early in the day and snowed all evening. we was supposed to get a lot more accumulation than we did, but still enough to shovel. We had quite a scare yesterday too. There was an accident and the car involved looked like my son's and it was very near where he works. MY DIL called almost hysterical and asked my husband if he saw it. Luckly he did, and he assured her it was a new model than the one my son has. My son's cell phone was off and after the scare he gae everyone I bet it won't be again soon!

Lynn, So sorry to hear about your daughter. Lots of prayers for her and for you. Let us know how she is doing. Everyone here seems like lots more than people we meet on the internet. They're friends, and we truly care.

Rosey, I'm glad Willie is doing well. we do love our fur-babies! And i'm glad to hear that the attack-dog's owner at least helped with the vet bill. Maybe now he will be more careful.

Donna, I love Dr. Oz too. I like his straight forward aproach and good advice. I learn a lot from watching his show.

Z, Sometimes our will power kicks in and some times divine intervention saves us!! I guess not being able to open those cookies is an example of that. ha!

Isabella, Strange to read about people riding around on a lawn mower while we are getting the snow blower out!

Last edited by the slim me; 01-08-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #83  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Sorry Lynn, I ache for you and your DD. It's hard enough dealing with your medical problems, extremely hard to see your daughter going thru all that pain.
I just heard a doc on Good Morning American talking about food and exercise to prevent cancer. He said 80% of our food should be plant based. I'm going to check this out.......be back later.

Quote:
Left over dill pickle juice...
once pickles gone, add sliced cucumbers to it, wait 24 hours and you now have refrigerator pickles reminiscent of clausans....or you can use the pickle juice as a meat marinade for pork chops or chicken.

For the marinade....in a large container with lid add the pickle juice,a 1/2 cup lemon juice or a glass of lemonade(I sub orange when I have to.) and 1 envelope of dried Lipton onion soup mix. Try to marinade in this sealed container for 12-16 hours. gives chicken a nice tangy flavor.
o.k.......I'm back. The article is too long to read/post and it's only a section of his book. 'Anticancer' by David Servan-Schreiber. He was talking about (on interview) a 30 walk per day and 80% plant based foods.
It's 25-35 below zero here today with the wind chills. Bruce has to go into town to Home Depot, I usually go with but not today. brrrrr!
Anybody make mole? I made a batch of Mole Sauce yesterday, browned some elk round steak and cook the sauce over it in crock pot. Forgot that I'd made Ham and bean soup the day before for Thursday's supper so the cooked batch marinated in breezeway overnight. (We'll have that tonight) Our breezeway is like a huge refrigerator in the winter time, very cold out there. I tend to get ahead of myself in the cooking department when we have weather too cold to get out in. What else can I do? I have painting down stairs to do but haven't been in the mood. I'm very bored. And I get into trouble. The 'walk across the country' challenge is fun, last night I arrived in Fertile, Iowa. Many siteing of ghost and such. I need to travel 9 miles today to get outta there. Won't happen, think I'll take some garlic and wear around my neck.
You all have a great day and stay warm.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-08-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning!
Sorry Lynn, I ache for you and your DD. It's hard enough dealing with your medical problems, extremely hard to see your daughter going thru all that pain.
I just heard a doc on Good Morning American talking about food and exercise to prevent cancer. He said 80% of our food should be plant based. I'm going to check this out.......be back later.
Hi Bobbi,

This is consistent with everything I've been reading. Was the reason I purchased the juicer & added a vegetable goal to my Winter Challenge.

Lynn
Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #85  
Bobbi

I got this from DH's shirt tail relative that lives in Alabama, I had a good belly laugh over it. Laughter is good for the soul!

Quote:

The Nordakota Cow

Ole is a farmer in Minnesota. He is in need of a new milk cow and hears
about a nice one for sale over in Nordakota. (That would be
North Dakotafor
you non-Scandahoovians out there).

He drives to Nordakota, finds the farm and looks at the cow. He reaches
under to see if she gives milk. When he grabs the teat and pulls...the cow farts.

Ole is very surprised. He looks at the farmer who is selling the cow, then
reaches under the cow to try again.

He grabs another teat, pulls, and the cow farts again. Milk does come out
however, so after some discussion with the cow's owner, Ole decides
to buy the cow and takes it home.

When he gets back to
Minnesota , he calls over his neighbor, Sven, and says,
'Hey, Sven, come look at dis ere new cow I yust bought. Pull her teat,
and see vat happens.'
Sven reaches under, pulls the teat - and the cow farts.

Sven looks at Ole and says, 'You bought dis here cow in Nordakota, didn't yah?'

Ole is very surprised since he had not told Sven about his trip.

Ole replies, 'Yah, dats right. But how'd yah know?'

Sven says, 'My wife's from Nordakota'

Old 01-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #86  

Bobbi,

What is a "shirt tail" relative?

Lynn
Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #87  
Donna

Lynn, I'm so sorry about your daughter... you've certainly had more than your share of problems recently! Good thoughts abound...

Cold here, but bright. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40-50s, so maybe my driveway snow will melt! I'm on strike and am NOT shoveling!!

All is well, here. I'm staying on my own program without difficulty, and I feel strong! Everything from December is gone... and a little more, too! Yeah!

Have a good day, Everyone!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #88  
Bobbi

a cousin of a cousin of a cousin going back a few years. In this case the 17-1800's. DH has a unique last name with no vowels in it and easy to trace back. (Chrz)...Bohemian. This guy found us and we've had fun sending each other emails. His last name is Chrz too.
Quote:
What is a "shirt tail" relative?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning everyone! It is cold here again today. When I got up it was 0 and we have warmed all the way up to 1 now!

Lynn, sorry to hear about your scratchy throat and the snow! Hope you feel better soon And that is bad news about your DD, please let her know that we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.
Are you still enjoying your juicer? I haven’t bought one yet and was wondering how you were liking yours now.

Rosy, so glad to hear that Willie is doing better. I wish there was something more that you could do with those neighbors. Where is Jude Judy when you need her? I’ll bet she would make them stand up and pay attention!

Slim me--- I know what a scare that must have been for everyone. The same thing happened to us several years ago.. First I cried when I saw him and then I was ready to choke him for not answering his cell phone!!

Bobbi, I thought it was cold here!! Brrrr! I was reading about your pickle juice and it reminded me that I had wanted to post what my Aunt told me. She has trouble with her legs aching and cramping and night --- me too sometimes just can’t make them go to sleep! Anyway, she told me if they start bothering you, get up and take a tablespoon of dill pickle juice and it almost always works immediately to stop the cramps!! I tried it and it works!!! She keeps a jar of pickle juice by her bed!! Love the story of the Nordakota cow! Made me laugh out loud!!

Good Morning Donna-- sorry about the 3fc address book. I don’t know how to make it in a program that you can open. When I tried to copy and paste it into an email it stretched it out really weird and just didn’t work. We are supposed to start warming up a bit here after the next couple days and even a couple 40’s thrown in there by next Thursday!

Well, I had a pleasant surprise when I got on the scales this morning-- 4 pounds down! YAY!! I’ve been trying to watch what I am eating but I didn’t think that I would have lost 4 pounds! The books I am waiting on are “kind of” low carb but only for the first 7 days. There is a thread on here about it and I really don’t want to try to quote what it is since I don’t even have my books yet.

Well, guess I’d better get busy, Need to do some catching up stuff today. Take care and have a good day!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #90  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I had the H1N1 vaccination yesterday and I'm not #1 today. Feeling better than when I woke up but not up to par as of yet. I did, however, get in my walk. Bobbi and Lynn you have such interesting towns that you pass through. I'm walking on the TransCanada highway and it doesn't usually go through a town and it's often too far off the road to visit the towns (while walking). I have to pack a lunch or eat at gas stations or an occasional restaurant when the highway goes near a town. But the scenery is great. I just hope I don't meet a moose, bear or coyote on my meanderings.

Lynn, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I'll pray that this treatment will be successful.

Freda, you're right about becoming friends. I feel like I have a whole new group of personal friends.

Jess, you sound like an empowered woman. Woohoo!!

Rosey, I've been sleeping in all week. I think I'm going to bed too late, though or maybe I'm just catching up on missed sleep over Christmas. Probably a mix of both. Glad your little dog is feeling better.

Zoe, isn't it funny how some things just work out for us. You really wanted that cookie until you couldn't get it. And you survived nicely.

Bobbi, that 80% plant based anti-cancer diet is one of the reasons DH and I decided to eat vegetarian. But I'm not sure we eat 80% plant based as we do eat dairy and eggs. I must look at the last few days menus and see about how much we do eat percentage wise plant vs animal. BTW, that joke was really funny.

Must go and clean up the kitchen. We had vegetarian meat ball sub sandwiches on whole wheat rolls, frozen oven baked FF, and smoothies for lunch and the calories added up to almost 600 and I had half a sandwich! So good but the calories were way up for the amount of food consumed. Gotta go light for supper. With breakfast added in I have about 200 calories left for the day, though I could go a little higher if I want. I don't want to be hungry.
Closed Thread