Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #196  

Height: 5'8"

Hello, I'm back.

The main reason I wanted to fast mornings for a while was to shrink my stomach so I wouldn't be so hungry all the time. Now that I've done that, I can eat less without feeling deprived and hungry all the time.

I'll check out the exercise across the country thread. I walked to the post office today - about a mile each way. Actually, that was too much. My foot I injured last September started hurting again. For now I'll have to be happy with shorter walks. I'll still keep up my recumbent bike exercise too.

I think it is time to look for some new low calorie recipes... do you have any tips or suggestions or recipes? (Must be very simple and vegetarian.)

Earlier I was on this site when I got a virus (not saying I got it here) ... but I had to shut down my computer and use Malwarebytes to get rid of it. I had something similar a few months ago, so this time I was prepared! Still, it was a waste of time and an annoyance. I wonder what happens to people who devise things like that. It must be very bad karma. Maybe I don't really want to know!

Back to work now! Until (hopefully) tomorrow.

Linda
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #197  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning........We're expecting 3 inches of icy rain tonight and tomorrow so we're going into town and stock up. Last time this happened in the winter time, our electrcity was off for 5 days.
I've been trying to convince my DH to eat a yogurt on his cereal in the morning like I do, the benefits are tremendous. Here's a short article on Dr. Oz's site:
Quote:
Drop Fat Forever with This Creamy Food

Search Kick your holiday fat suit to the curb permanently by adding this food to your diet: yogurt.
Several studies suggest that extra calcium in the diet (and yogurt's got lots) may inhibit fat absorption in the small intestine. And that means having less of it to store around your hips, thighs, and belly.
Catch ya later!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #198  
Bobbi

Quote:
Last Sunday evening, my kids stopped over for a visit, and while we were all sitting together in the living room, I told them, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle......and if that ever happens, just pull the plug."

They got up, unplugged my computer, and threw out my wine.

They're such a$$es!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #199  
Bobbi

Yes I know, quit fooling around and get into town!
Quote:
Home » Dieting On A Budget, Snack Recipes, Soup and Stew Recipes » Cup Of Soup Recipes
Cup Of Soup Recipes

Almost all of the following snacks are under 25 calories, some are under 10! They are warm, fast and satisfying, especially when you are hungry for something, but don’t know what. All are made by adding 1 cup of boiling water to a packet of low-sodium broth powder. I mix mine in a mug, but a bowl would work just as well.

Sick Woman’s Salvation: 1 cup hot chicken broth with a dash of black pepper and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. 13 Calories; trace Fat (2.8% calories from fat); trace Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 7mg Sodium.

My Favorite: 1 cup hot chicken broth with a dash each of onion powder and cayenne pepper. Crumble in 1 saltine cracker with an unsalted top. 25 Calories; trace Fat (15.5% calories from fat); trace Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 24mg Sodium.

Tangy Beef Cup: 1 cup hot beef broth with a dash of Worcestershire sauce. 6 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 9mg Sodium.

Spicy Beef Cup: 1 packet low-sodium-beef broth, 1/2 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato juice with a shot of hot sauce. 26 Calories; trace Fat (2.2% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 30mg Sodium.

Coconut Chicken Curry: 1 cup hot chicken broth with a pinch of curry powder, 1 dash cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon dry, unsweetened coconut. 23 Calories; 1g Fat (47.5% calories from fat); trace Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium.

Country Compassion: 1 cup hot beef broth, 1 teaspoon bacon bits; 1 teaspoon mashed potato flakes and 1/2 teaspoon dry onion. 20 Calories; 1g Fat (24.5% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 39mg Sodium.

French Onion: 1 cup beef bouillon, 1 teaspoon dry onion and a small pinch of garlic powder. 10 calories. 11 Calories; trace Fat (1.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 3mg Sodium.

French Onion Supreme: Prepare French Onion above. Crumble 1 saltine cracker into the soup, and add 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese. 27 Calories; 1g Fat (21.1% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium.

Vegetable Beef: 1 cup hot beef broth poured over 1/2 cup shredded salad greens. The boiling broth will cook the vegetables just enough. Add a dash each hot pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic powder. A few celery leaves are also nice. 12 Calories; trace Fat (6.2% calories from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 5mg Sodium.

Oriental Mushroom Soup (Almost Hot & Sour Soup): 1 cup hot chicken broth poured over 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried mushroom, 1/2 teaspoon dry onion, 1/4 teaspoon dry parsley, 1 dash cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon vinegar. 25 Calories; trace Fat (1.5% calories from fat); trace Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 56mg Sodium.

Chicken Rice or Noodle Soup: 1 cup boiling chicken broth, 2 teaspoons instant rice or 1 tablespoon broken up ramen noodles, 1 pinch poultry seasoning, 1 pinch onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley, 1 dash black pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes before drinking. 27 Calories; trace Fat (1.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-22-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

OK I'm really liking this Crack the Weightloss Code! I've lost 5 pounds since Sunday! I usually weigh in on Fridays so now I will go back to my regular weigh in days on Friday. And they don't recommend that you do exercises while on this phase. So I'm all excited and motivated now that I see the weight come off.

Hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #201  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,

Maybe we should start a Dr. OZZ fan club. I love him too. so practical and down to earth.

Karen, I'm glad you found a diet that works for you, Sometimes it takes a few to get it right.

Bobbi, Yogurt is a part of my diet. Love it! With blueberries and walnuts to make it even healthier! YUM! Easy to diet when it tasts so good.

Linda, Exercise has to be started a little at a time. I'm just starting back too and it's a little at a time. But we'll get there. I used to walk 4 miles a day now i'm lucky to walk a mile. Just getting over a foot injury too.

Make it a good day,

Freda
Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #202  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, All...

Karen, a non-exercise regime sounds GREAT to me! Haha...

It looks like I "kept" the pound I lost, so that's good. At this rate, I'll be 110 before I lose everything I need to lose, though. And I don't want to live that long!!

Bobbi, I love all the recipes and tips you provide. This is another list that I'll print! I found a site that lets you enter ingredients and it will calculate the nutritional value of the foods, and it's FREE. I'll put the link on next time, and it will hopefully work without having to join anything. I still like fitday.com the most, though.

Everyone, have a safe and healthy day!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #203  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Whoa! Firefox is letting me use edit buttons again... I understand nothing! It's been a month since it refused to cooperate... Good! I was tired of having to switch back and forth from IE to Firefox!

Anyway, here's that link to the recipe builder. I hope it works! Have FUN!

http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/create/
Old 01-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
OK I'm really liking this Crack the Weightloss Code! I've lost 5 pounds since Sunday! I usually weigh in on Fridays so now I will go back to my regular weigh in days on Friday. And they don't recommend that you do exercises while on this phase. So I'm all excited and motivated now that I see the weight come off.

Hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday!!!
Hi Karen,

What's the scoop with this program? Is it low carb? I'm ready to try something new.

Lynn
Old 01-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Lynn, It is only low carb for the first week, which is called "Deplete Week" Then you have days that are:
A--Deplete day
B--Baseline Day
C--Carb down day
D--Carb up day
CH--Cheat day
H--High carb day

I don't know a whole lot about it yet since I'm just starting it but if you are interested in it I think you should get both of the books---Crack the Fat Loss Code" and "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" I got mine at Wal-mart. I do know that the second phase last 3 weeks before moving on. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #206  

Morning everyone..im sitting here on the computer,watching young and the restless and drinking a coffee vanilla mocha latte..im a multi tasker..i luv lattes but the calories are horrific so i reinvented it .
add to 1 cup hot water
1 pkg swiss miss nosuagar added hot choc
1T instant coffee
1T vanilla non dairy creamer fat free no sugar

I luv this and the calories are small and tastes good.. so far ww is going well for me..even did some exercise..stand up sitdowns,band exercies for the upper body..and some extra walker laps..feels good to be doing something instead of expecting the fat fairy to come and poof im skinny..well i can dream right..hoping u all have a wonderful day..see what a great nites sleep does for me ttfn rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-22-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #207  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm behind, I'm so behind. But I read everything. So I'll just give everyone a big and hope you forgive me for not doing personals.

I went to a baby shower last night and should have had my jaws wired shut. Now, mind you, I ate way less than I would have two years ago but I had already ruined my good eating earlier in the day taste testing my baked and cooked goods so I should have just stopped there but, no, I had to eat at the shower. I was doing so well. Never touched the snacks on the game tables but when we had the lunch I ate chips, cheezies and a lovely lemon square along with 2 egg salad sandwiches. Now, that didn't look much on the plate but the calories were way over my allotted quota for the day. Oh, well, life goes on and so did half a pound. But I know I did not eat enough for half a pound and I only had a handful each of chips and cheezies so not much salt in that. Anyhoo, I'm eating a bit lighter today. There'll be days like that.

Just a few thoughts that stuck in my mind.

Zoe, I'll not take your DH from you. I've got one of my own and one's enough.

Bobbi, great snack ideas. Sometimes, I just want something hot and salty.

Jess, you crack me up. You'll live long enough to see the weight gone.

Catch you later.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:32 AM   #208  

Height: 5'8"

Hello again... I'm here for my Friday check-in. Late in the evening... 9pm my time (California.)

I love the idea of broth recipes... but being vegetarian, I need to make my own. I've been making a huge pot of vegetable soup about once a week as of late. I use lots of water so there will be plenty of broth to drink. Also, I need to avoid eating a lot of salt, and can do that when I make my own.

No exercise yet today but I'll do the recumbent bike thing soon. I was reading another weight loss board and they were talking about when to exercise and how important it was to do weight training before cardio, or cardio first thing in the morning. Oh my goodness, why can't it be simple? I've never been much of a weight lifter.

The hint about yogurt has been taken and I'll definitely have that in mind next time I go to the store.

Linda
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning Everyone, went to dinner last night with 2 friends with whom I used to work. Ate too much but was REALLY nice to catch up again. We meet twice a year – in the summer we have a picnic at the river and in the winter we meet at a restaurant.

Today I am off to the Library of the American Revolution to search for info on 4 of my ancestors who were in the war. If anyone wants me to check on your Am Rev ancestors, let me know, the library is about 5 minutes from my house and they have EVERYTHING about the soldiers and battles in the Am Rev.

I’m going to try the plan Karen is following. Will keep you posted. I just need something new.

Take care,

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Linda, Exercise has to be started a little at a time. I'm just starting back too and it's a little at a time. But we'll get there. I used to walk 4 miles a day now I’m lucky to walk a mile. Just getting over a foot injury too. Freda
Hi Freda, I know how you feel. Have been away from the gym for a couple of weeks & am having trouble getting back. Also – not really ready to be back the way I was before surgery/flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
It looks like I "kept" the pound I lost, so that's good. At this rate, I'll be 110 before I lose everything I need to lose, though. And I don't want to live that long!! Everyone, have a safe and healthy day!
Hi Donna, I wouldn’t want to calculate how long it will take me to lose my last 20 pounds based on the past 2 years! I need to try something new to speed up this process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning........We're expecting 3 inches of icy rain tonight and tomorrow so we're going into town and stock up. Last time this happened in the winter time, our electricity was off for 5 days. ]
Hi Bobbi, I’m sending you POWER-FULL good wishes toward keeping your electricity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hi Lynn, It is only low carb for the first week, which is called "Deplete Week" Then you have days that are:
A--Deplete day
B--Baseline Day
C--Carb down day
D--Carb up day
CH--Cheat day
H--High carb day
I don't know a whole lot about it yet since I'm just starting it but if you are interested in it I think you should get both of the books---Crack the Fat Loss Code" and "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" I got mine at Wal-mart. I do know that the second phase last 3 weeks before moving on. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
Hi Karen, I will pick up the book today & give it a try. NOTE: the Low-carb emphasis works well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
so far ww is going well for me..even did some exercise..stand up sitdowns,band exercies for the upper body..and some extra walker laps..feels good to be doing something instead of expecting the fat fairy to come and poof im skinny..well i can dream right..hoping u all have a wonderful day..see what a great nites sleep does for me ttfn rosey
Hi Rosey, GOOD for you exercising again! Glad you got some sleep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I went to a baby shower last night and should have had my jaws wired shut. Now, mind you, I ate way less than I would have two years ago but I had already ruined my good eating earlier in the day taste testing my baked and cooked goods so I should have just stopped there but, no, I had to eat at the shower. I was doing so well. Never touched the snacks on the game tables but when we had the lunch I ate chips, cheezies and a lovely lemon square along with 2 egg salad sandwiches. Now, that didn't look much on the plate but the calories were way over my allotted quota for the day. Oh, well, life goes on and so did half a pound. But I know I did not eat enough for half a pound and I only had a handful each of chips and cheezies so not much salt in that. Anyhoo, I'm eating a bit lighter today. There'll be days like that.
Hi Isabella, the half pound is probably from fluid due to the salt. You will lose that fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBThinAgain View Post
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]No exercise yet today but I'll do the recumbent bike thing soon. I was reading another weight loss board and they were talking about when to exercise and how important it was to do weight training before cardio, or cardio first thing in the morning. Oh my goodness, why can't it be simple? I've never been much of a weight lifter. Linda
Hi Linda, I think you just need to find the time of day that works best for you. More important to get some exercise than when you do it.

Zoe, where are you?

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-23-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #210  
Bobbi

I found 6 low fat soups this morning, I printed out 5 of them. Go to About.com and click under the 6 low fat soups. I'm behind too Isabella, only time to read this morning. Coaches corner will be on in 5 minutes and I need to have my 'listening ears' on. #1 grandson was in Rochester, Mn. last nite for his basketball game. DD had to drive 40 miles per hour coming home, she was in the middle of our ice storm. Didn't lose electricity yet, yah! Talk later.........
Closed Thread