Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Today is the first day I've been able to get out of bed. Headed back there right now for a nap.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #122  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Isabella, glad to see your sense of humor is intact! Lynn, feel better!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #123  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Okay, TODAY I’m not going to “graze” anytime, anywhere, anyhow. I hate to even think about weighing myself again, now. Yep…me too…I start off fine, do well through the day, and then by late afternoon, I’m starving (or THINK I am) and once supper’s over (which is always healthy, nutritious, low cal, low fat, high fiber – tsk) I’m STILL thinking about what I want next. Last night I inhaled the last few Christmas cookies that my granddaughter made for our get-together on Saturday, and ALSO ate some chocolate-peanut butter Bugles. And where, you may ask, did THOSE come from? Oh, gawd. Somebody slap me. I bought them at a rest stop on the highway on the way home from work. I have fallen mightily. (I bet you-all could hear the thud way out there in the Midwest and beyond….). I’m horrendously annoyed with myself, refuse to get on the scale, and can only imagine the damage I’ve done to my weight loss momentum. I cannot share this disgusting situation with DH – the man is cheerfully putting in an hour and a half a day on that stinking Wii Fit+ of his, and reported to me last night (big smile) that he’s lost a pound and a quarter since Monday. Oh, blah! And when am I supposed to get in MY Wii Fit routine, anyway? I’m up at 5:30 AM as it is, on the road by 7, at work between 8 and 8:30 – and then home, dragging my butt at 5:30 – 6:00 with supper yet to put together. And no, I don’t want HIM preparing my supper; frankly, I don’t trust him too far in the kitchen. Some nights, I’ll have him stick a few sweet potatoes in the oven, or grate a sleeve of Fiber One cereal so that I can make a meatloaf or stuff some chicken breasts when I get home, but it doesn’t go a whole lot beyond that, although I HAVE taught him to do pork roasts, but who wants a pork roast every single week? ANYWAY, by the time supper’s over (usually 7:30 or so), I am not inclined to spend the next hour and a half before going to bed working out on Wii Fit! (Can’t you just SEE me stamping my foot?)
BUT, I WILL regulate my freaking eating starting today if I have to chew off half the inside of my cheek to control my danged self! Enough is enough. Grrrrrr.
Sorry…just mostly have time to rant this morning, but….glad you’re feeling a bit better, Lynn; sorry that fitness test ended up being so painful, Isabella – my gawd, woman, if you work your way up to doing all of that easily, I want to see a video; you KNOW I understand your current stall, Donna…d’you think you and I should try to reach a joint goal or something, seeing as how we’re both doing kind of lousy right now (?); see, Bobbi? I KNEW you were getting younger…better watch out because we may have to throw you out of the 50+ group if you keep on going downwards (NO...never ); Freda, in your case, the appetite probably IS caused by the steroids – and see? You’re smart enough to fill up on popcorn, not chocolate-peanut butter Bugles! Rosey, pretty country there near the water; I’d LOVE to be near the water, myself. We’re a good hour from the nearest ocean, and I’m not crazy about inland lakes, having been raised on the ocean. Hi Karen? How are the baby girls? Okay, okay, I KNOW I’ve missed some of us, but I’ve really got to run. Have a great day, everybody, and PLEASE send strong thoughts my way to give me strength in my battle against runaway appetite!

Z
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #124  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Zoe...tsk, tsk, tsk! Been there, done that. Try programing your mind, do you want to drag your tired butt onto the Wii Fit for 1.5 hours of exercising so you can indulge yourself in
Quote:
chocolate-peanut butter Bugles
?

Or be a couch potato with a huge bowl of popcorn? Makes the popcorn look like a better choice to me. I'll send strong thoughts your way tonight. Remember, we'll all be watching you, report in tomorrow morning and let us know what you ate!

Quote:
Have a great day, everybody, and PLEASE send strong thoughts my way to give me strength in my battle against runaway appetite!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #125  
Bobbi

Good Morning again, I took this silly quiz and had to use my brain early on. How will you all do?
I'm going into town shopping this morning so my pedometer will have a decent amount of steps on it by tonight.
What's everyone cooking for supper tonight? I wanna know, inspiration and all that good stuff.

Quote:
DEMENTIA QUIZ

FIRST QUESTION:
YOU ARE A PARTICIPANT IN A RACE. YOU OVERTAKE
THE SECOND PERSON. WHAT POSITION ARE YOU IN?
ANSWER : IF YOU ANSWERED THAT YOU ARE FIRST,
THEN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG! IF YOU OVERTAKE THE
SECOND PERSON AND YOU TAKE HIS PLACE, YOU ARE IN SECOND PLACE!
TRY TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME.
NOW ANSWER THE SECOND QUESTION,
BUT DON'T TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS
YOU TOOK FOR THE FIRST QUESTION, OK?

SECOND QUESTION:
IF YOU OVERTAKE THE LAST PERSON, THEN YOU ARE....?
(SCROLL DOWN)
ANSWER: IF YOU ANSWERED THAT YOU ARE SECOND TO LAST, THEN YOU ARE.....
WRONG AGAIN. TELL ME SUNSHINE, HOW CAN YOU OVERTAKE THE LAST PERSON??

YOU'RE NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS, ARE YOU?
THIRD QUESTION:
VERY TRICKY ARITHMETIC! NOTE:
THIS MUST BE DONE IN YOUR HEAD ONLY.
DO NOT USE PAPER AND PENCIL OR A CALCULATOR.
TRY IT.
TAKE 1000 AND ADD 40 TO IT. NOW ADD ANOTHER 1000 NOW ADD 30.
ADD ANOTHER 1000. NOW ADD 20 .. NOW ADD ANOTHER 1000.
NOW ADD 10. WHAT IS THE TOTAL?
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE CORRECT ANSWER.....
DID YOU GET 5000?
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS ACTUALLY 4100...
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, CHECK IT WITH A CALCULATOR!
TODAY IS DEFINITELY NOT YOUR DAY, IS IT?

MAYBE YOU'LL GET THE LAST QUESTION RIGHT... MAYBE...
FOURTH QUESTION:
MARY'S FATHER HAS FIVE DAUGHTERS:
NANA, 2. NENE, 3. NINI, 4. NONO, AND ???
WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE FIFTH DAUGHTER?
DID YOU ANSWER NUNU? NO! OF COURSE IT ISN'T.
HER NAME IS MARY! READ THE QUESTION AGAIN!
OKAY, NOW THE BONUS ROUND,
I.E., A FINAL CHANCE TO
REDEEM YOURSELF:
A MUTE PERSON GOES INTO A SHOP AND WANTS TO BUY A TOOTHBRUSH.
BY IMITATING THE ACTION OF BRUSHING HIS TEETH HE
SUCCESSFULLY EXPRESSES HIMSELF TO THE SHOPKEEPER AND THE PURCHASE IS DONE.
NEXT, A BLIND MAN COMES INTO THE SHOP WHO WANTS TO BUY A
PAIR OF SUNGLASSES; HOW DOES HE INDICATE WHAT HE WANTS?
IT'S REALLY VERY SIMPLE
HE OPENS HIS MOUTH AND ASKS FOR IT...
DOES YOUR EMPLOYER ACTUALLY PAY YOU TO THINK??
IF SO DO NOT LET THEM SEE YOUR ANSWERS FOR THIS TEST!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #126  
Donna

Oh, Bobbi, I felt like a naughty 5 year old, too, when I read your answer to Zoe. Tsk tsk, indeed!

Zoe, yes, I think we need to do some virtual jaw wiring! Since I've eaten everything in the kitchen and am down to the paint on the walls, I think I'm finally in a position to GET IT TOGETHER! I could so empathize with your impulsive rest stop purchase, too... but I am going to GET IT TOGETHER! I mostly am just bored with this! Lest Bobbi tsk tsk me, too, I declare that this is a new day!

Hope all is well with the sickly ones... Lynn, are you better??
Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #127  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

OK, Bobbi, I am officially demented. Hahahaha.

Jess, sometimes the sense of humor is all that keeps us going. Hang in there, girl.

Zoe, chocolate peanut butter bugles??? Glad I've not been introduced to those. Any chance you could get in a short walk on your breaks? Up and down stairs, hallways, or around the building. I know I'd be dead tired if I had to leave my exercise til after supper and I eat early. If I ever get that fitness test down past 8 minutes I'll certainly tell you all about it but I'll need some kind of big-time, big-money reality show contract to have that video taped.

It's mild again today. I had a good walk but I'm not doing any jogging dressed in 20 pounds of clothing and yaktrax on my shoes. I'm glad I took off the undershirt before I went out today as I was too hot by the time I finished walking.

My weight is fluctuating from 136.5 -137.5. I haven't had a real loss since before Christmas. Must be on a plateau of some sort. Anyway, I'll trudge on as something has to give eventually.

I'm off to volunteer at the church free clothing store this afternoon so I'll catch you all later. Have a good day.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #128  
Isabella

Just watching the news about the earthquake in Haiti. I'm praying for the survivors and will be donating to a NGO. Please keep these people in your prayers and thoughts.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #129  

Morning everyone..this is my 2nd attempt for a post..the 1st went poof,off into cyber space ..i had an e-mail that said lynn was in the hosp..she says she wants to come home..get well soon lynn ..i have been busy taking care of dh..he had surg again on his foot monday..we are mr and mrs gimp lol..so far so good..zoe i am doing the same thing..good intentions when i get up and by night im eating everything thats not nailed down..i have not been able to pursure gastric bypass surg yet as i need my dh to get there and hes been laid up..so here i sit but instead of focussing on what i should be doing im being bad..biggest looser gives me lots of inspiration..do any of you watch it? i know what i should be doing but have lost my direction..hoping you all have agreat day everyone rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-13-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #130  
Bobbi

This is the email I received from Lynn, come on home dearie! I thought something was wrong when you didn't even sign in. Catch the prayers we're sending your way.
Quote:
I ended up in the hospital. Bad cough/cold resulted in my passing out at home. Luckily, my DD & SIL were there & called the ambulance. Hoping to get out today. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I want OUT OF HERE!!!!!

Lynn
Rosey...I watch the biggest losers, I wanted the Italian lady to go home. I can't remember her name but she wouldn't go over the water, then fell and got a nose bleed and black eye. But she sure did a great job on losing for the week.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-13-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #131  
Isabella

Oh, Lynn, I sensed something wasn't right. Please get well soon and come home. Praying you will be well soon.

I watch TBL. I was shouting at the tv last night at that woman who fell on her nose, "Go for the water, lady." I just knew when I saw her steer clear of the pool she'd do something to herself. Those pool decks are so hard. I was really surprised at the weigh in with the white team as they had the 2 pound disadvantage. I'm like the girl on the purple team this week and last. Doing everything right but not losing...sigh...but no one had to send me home.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #132  
Donna

Hi, All.... Lynn emailed that she's home. Sounds like she had quite a scare! EVERYONE, be well!

Rosey, it sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat... just a wee bit out of control! We're all stronger than that, and we can do better! We CAN!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #133  

Good Morning,

Thank you everyone for all the crossed fingers. Got out of hospital yesterday afternoon.

Essentially, I had some kind of cold/flu and a bad cough. I over-medicated with doctor-prescribed cough medicine + over-the-counter cough medicine and passed out. My DD & SIL were at my house & couldn't get me to "wake up." By the time ambulance folks got here, I was awake. In the ambulance, I started to go again, but didn't lose consciousness - my bp dropped VERY low.

In the hospital, they had to make sure I didn't have pneumonia and I hadn't had a heart attack. Once they were sure of both, they let me go home.

So, I'm back home, 3 lbs lighter, still don't feel very good, and NOT taking any cough medicine.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-14-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #134  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good grief, Lynn! Please do whatever you have to do to get better...lots of rest and plenty of liquids, but LESS cough medicine for sure! I had a really bad flu ten or so years ago, and the Dr. prescribed cough syrup with codeine. I took too much of that, and was laying in my bed in a drug-induced haze for a couple of days - had some really freaky dreams, too. My kids were about ready to cart me off to the hospital, but I ran out of the cough medicine and improved rapidly after that. I'm sending you healing vibes and positive thoughts.
NOW, as for my after-supper grazing/binging behavior of late, I have to say, Bobbi, that the talking-to from you seems to have worked rather nicely. I ate my oatmeal for breakfast, the innards from half a chicken salad sandwich and a few clumps of baby spinach (minus the dressing) at lunch (I was at a meeting at one of the banks downtown, and they served a little buffet lunch) and had shrimp and roasted veggies - red, green and yellow peppers, onion, eggplant, tomato, celery, zuchinni and summer squash - over brown rice for supper, and NOTHING ELSE after that!!!!! Yay!!!!! Wasn't even tempted. Now, if I can just stay on this path every day from now on, the pounds (that I'm sure I gained back over Christmas) should melt away, and I should be able to up my goal another ten pounds for April, and start REALLY getting down to business. You with me, Donna? Omigawd - they're having the annual employee Christmas luncheon for us today. Talk about creating barriers to achieving (weight loss) goals, eh? Well, I will be strong, dangitall. I'm NOT cheating!!!! (And I WILL report back in just to keep myself honest).
Oh....I guess I'm 3/5ths demented; I got the last two right...by then, I KNEW how tricky they were being with those questions of theirs. (Got the first three dead wrong )
Well, I've really got to get some work done here this morning; they fired my boss yesterday. Well, sort of my boss, but not really. Hard to describe the pecking order around here. But it was a long time coming - the man was thoroughly disorganized and incompetent, but I feel bad for him; he was essentially a nice guy. At least they waited until after Christmas, which was decent, I suppose.
Love to all my GOLDEN GIRLS...have a really great day, you hear?

Z
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #135  

Zoe,

That is it exactly. Dr-prescribed medicine had codeine. Was doping me up so I told my DD to get me some OTC from drug store. Had taken the prescribed in the morning, took the OTC in the afternoon. Between the 2, dropped my BP so much that I passed out.

Lynn
Closed Thread