Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #31  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Wink Happy June

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my college reunion over the weekend. It was so wonderful to see my old friends, roomates etc. My DH should have gotten an award for being so patient with all us women...most came w/o spouses. I limped around the campus as my leg did continue to swell - even down into the ankle. One of my college friends suggested a large dose of ibruprofin (1200 mg) and that finally did the trick and got the selling down today.

Yes, rain here too, but we needed it. Such wonderful peonies from all who sent photos. I tried to move mine 10 years ago and they never came back. My iris are blooming this year, though. I also planted morning glories (my favorite) and plan to have them climb up the front doorway. I'll send photos when they bloom.

I have been a little down becuase of not being able to do my walking. I think that getting the daily exercise really helps keep my mood up. Maybe by the end of the week, I can start up again. I'm also up a couple of pounds.

Soo...back to work here.

Lyn
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #32  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Happy 4th of June!

Looks like a good day to get something done...maybe I'll have to just do that.

Llyn....the chopsticks make a funny story...however...size 14 means you must be doing something right! I am catching up...16 now, but it is dishartening to try to find something to wear...I gotta find something, but usually all I find shopping is disenchantment!!

JayJay...good for your return! Sorry it is so hot already! We are still pretty cold. But I like cool in place of heat. Last summer was beastly...maybe this year it will be more pleasant.

The book review looks pretty interesting, I may try to get the book. The book is something about Thin and why it is difficult to maintain weight loss.

My peonies haven't done anything much this year...maybe a flower or two, hope they are still going to bloom in all their glory, but they sure are slow.

Hello to all...Paula..Bobbo...femme...& little red.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Wow! You guys make me tired just reading about your activities.

We were out of town at our soon to be finished second home for a few days. We need to keep on top of the contractors to make sure people are keeping on schedule. The home is in far, far northern MN almost up to the Canadian border. We love it up there so much it is hard to come back to the city.

Loved seeing the pictures of the peonies. My grandma used to grow them, so whenever I see them it brings back childhood memories. Yours are all so beautiful.

I really, r-e-a-l-l-y need to get on that bike, but I always have an excuse - work, class, rain. I know, there is no excuse except THE DANG THING IS STILL HANGING UP-SIDE-DOWN FROM THE GARAGE CEILING!!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Paula, I guess the Year of the Beautiful X Flower is different in each growing zone. I know that when I was in NY state, the lilacs were magnificent & they had been kind of blah in my part of PA this year. Are you anywhere near Ashtabula? I had a friend who lived up there on a lake.

Hi Femme, I'm sure you already told us, but I either missed it or forgot (one more senior moment) what kind of work do you do?

Hi Ella, We're both organizing our clothes. I think I wrote that I never got my clothes organized when I moved here (3 years ago). I'm doing a little bit at a time. Took 2 bags to the Association for the Blind last week - hope to get another 2 bags together this morning.

Hi Joanne, How nice that you have kept in touch with your friends. I know where my 2 best friends from grammar school are, but we never get together. Maybe I'll try to organize something. It just seems like we wouldn't have anything in common anymore.

Hi Theresa, I just heard about the Ford hybrids. I think they are coming out with a hybrid SUV. Thank you for the info about re-sizing photos. I'm going to try that - I can never upload photos to websites - they are always too large.

Hi Lyn, Glad you enjoyed your reunion - sorry to hear about your leg. Try to keep it up as much as possible.

Hi Moxie, I'm with you about shopping for clothes - I HATE it because I rarely find anything that I both like and fit into. What is the book review you mention?

Hi WoodLily, isn't it fun dealing with contractors? My dd & sil have done that several times with their B&B. It seems like a very frustrating task.

Hi Bobbi & Phyllis & Karen, where are you?

Today is my meeting with the dietitian. I am REALLY looking forward to it. I have lots of data about my food and weight. I'm hoping she can turn the data into information for me.

I received my new daily menu this morning & am looking forward to making a new recipe for dinner tonight. My df is joining me.

I hope we all have a healthy and happy day,

Lynn
Old 06-05-2007, 07:40 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

femme- How did your "lazy" day go yesterday?

Ella- The weekends are never long enough go get anything done. but too long when it comes to eating. I always have a much harder time staying on plan on the weekends. Your office sounds so nice, well except for the Fiber One all over the floor.

Joanne- It seems like it skipped Spring and jumped right to Summer here too. We did finally get rain last night and it cooled off. The temps are suppose to be back up for the end of the week though.

Theresa- We got rain around 1:30 yesterday too. The kids were having fun day outside at school so of course it rain for that. I live close to the school and could here the kids yelling all day. The only time it was quiet was during the rain. We were under a severe storm warning in the evening last night. We didn't get any thunder, but it did rain very hard a couple times. It's sprinkling this morning. My nephew's graduation is at Blossom so I'm hoping it clears up.

Lyn- I can send you my Morning Glories. They are pretty, but you just can't get rid of them once they are planted. They are taking over my flower garden. I pull them up and they come back double. If they would stay by the fence and climb only it I wouldn't mind them, but they climb anything in site. They are climbing up my grape vine, in my hostas, the are making their way into the veggie garden. I swear they grow as I walk down the fence. I pull them up as I go down and when I get back to the beginning there's more growing. I'm thinking of getting some climbing roses and putting lattice on both sides of the back door and let them climb up over the roof it like in an English garden.

Lily- You still don't have that bike off the ceiling? Do you have any teenage boys as neighbors? Maybe you could offer them a little money to get it down for you.

Lynn- Our lilacs usually do very well. This year they had flowers, but the ends of the bushes look like the leaves are burnt. The buds were forming before we had our winter spell in February. This was just a different Spring and the poor flowers suffered.
Nope, I'm not close to Ashtabula. I'm not by the lake.

I'm off to have my oatmeal and then to take my shower.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #36  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm still here, have time to read only. Our rummage sale is turning into an epic event, the more we dig the more junk we find. I'm stilling digging and pricing. Thank God the sale is coming up this weekend, the 9th and 10th. Then I'll get back to regular posting.

Bobbi
Old 06-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #37  
Lifetime Loser

Hi everyone, I'm still here also.

I have lost 1 of my vacation lbs., 2 more to go then on to the regular battle of the FAT! lol

I see my hypnotist on Weds., going to ask him to reinforce portion and snacking. I've been doing so much better but the weight is slow to go. The biggest improvement is in my WANTING to exercise and my higher energy level, I guess the weight will follow....my clothes are a bit on the lose side, so something is working.

It is really hot here in Florida now but not real humid yet, that will come soon I'm sure. We still need rain badly. I just have flowers in clay (large) pots and they bloom nicely, we actually need to repot them and add a couple new ones.

Lynn did you decide what to do with the challenge? I will go with whatever you all decide....maybe challenging another group would be fun.

I'm thinking of selling all my diet books on ebay....I must have all of them!!!

Going to move my ticker down 1 lbs. Phyllis
Old 06-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #38  

Hello Eveyone,

I went to the dietitian today. Basically, she was pleased with what I have been doing - eating a VERY low-carb diet and testing 2 hrs after every meal + morning + bedtime. However, she wants me to also test before lunch and before dinner. Then, determine what I will eat at each meal based on my BS numbers before I eat. [I might get my blood sugar under control, but die from loss of blood!]

She averaged my numbers and came up with the following -
waking - 131 avg.
2 hr after breakfast - 124 avg.
2 hr after lunch - 129 avg.
2 hr after dinner - 123 avg.
bedtime - 129 avg.

She thinks with a little tweaking I should be able to get my numbers where they should be without adding any more meds.

Lynn
Old 06-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #39  
Moxiesd

Hello Ladies!!

Well, I am supposed to be getting ready for a week long trip to my visit with the kids....I can say that at least I got the lawn mowed!!

Lynn: "You've probably heard the buzz about Rethinking Thin: The New Science of Weight Loss--and the Myths and Realities of Dieting, written by NY Times science reporter Gina Kolata.

The book reviews the history of diets (nothing is new under the sun!), examines the latest scientific research on obesity and weight loss, and follows a group of dieters through a two-year study. It seeks to answer the puzzling question of why the vast majority of dieters regain their lost weight. Is it a lack of willpower? A loss of focus? Or it there something physical in our bodies that causes us to regain lost weight? The author ends by drawing some controversial conclusions from the abysmal statistics on long term weight control."
I purchased the audio version of the book from amazon.com, and expect to listen to it on the drive back from the kids' house. The books I like to read are always too boring to read, so I do the audio instead. A boring book gets put down, and forgotten, but when it is the only thing to listen to on an 8 hour drive, it keeps me awake!

Paula...are you sure you have morning glories....from the way they are taking over, it sounds like what we call creeping jennys. They are all but impossible to get rid of....however a flower I can always kill....no matter how invasive it is supposed to be.

floridarusty...1 pound gone from vacation weight...way to go!

Hello to lyn, woodlily, joanne, bobbo, phyllis, & Karen....
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #40  

Thank you, Moxie. I will order it and listen also.

Lynn
Old 06-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #41  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Moxie and Lynn . . . and all the rest of the Golden Girls, of course . . .

I don't mean to intrude on your group but . . . did you happen to notice the announcement at the top of our forum page?

The Maintainers are going to be starting an in-depth discussion of Rethinking Thin commencing on the 17th of June . . . everybody is welcome to participate even if they haven't read the book yet.

Here's a link to Meg's announcement . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=217

Have a great evening, girls . . .
Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #42  

Good morning Everyone,

Today I'm off to NYC to see the ballet - Sleeping Beauty at the Met. Everyone please notice my ticker today - down 2 pounds! That stubborn 173 that I've been aiming for for months never showed up! I slid right from 174 to 172. Oh well, I'm sure 173 will show up tomorrow, but, in the meantime, I'm enjoying my 172.

Lynn
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Golden Girls:
It rained or sprinkled all day yesterday. It finally quit just before we went to the graduation. Boy was it cold. I wore a sweater and long pants and was still shivering. I feel sorry for some of those teeny boppers that were all proud to show their skinny bodies and wearing sleeveless tops and short skirts.

The latest news on my dad is that he now has several clots in his left leg. They are giving him meds for it.

Bobbi- I love rummage and garage sales. It seems I never have the money in my pocket when I see one. That's one disadvantage of having automatic deposit. Sounds like you are going to have a lot of stuff to transport to the sale site. I hope you don't have to bring any of it back home with you. That was always my dream when I did craft shows. Sorry to say it never happened.

Phyllis- Keep that scale moving in the right direction.

Lynn- I'm not sorry about you not seeing 173! on the 2 pound loss. I saw 175 the other day after I was sweating from pulling weeds in the flower garden. Of course as soon as I drank some water I no longer saw that number. At least I know that number is on my scale and maybe before long I'll see it again.

I'm off to the shower. My grandson is coming over to help bake his brothers birthday cake.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #44  
Moxiesd

Good Day!

Looks like this is the day I pack & leave for the week...

Meowee thanks for the updated information on Rethinking Thin:

Lynn & Paula: 170 was initially my goal when I began this diet. The doctor frowned and wanted 160.... Right now I am thinking that I will feel pretty successful to reach 170...doc should be happy with what he can get, right?
Any way, Congratulations on taming that scales & showing it who is boss!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good morning girls

I am having a Party here. This is for all of us.
That has been working hard at the new way of eating and shaking our hinny's.

Phyllis, Lynn and me too.
Down to 163.8 this am. No... I am not claiming that one yet. But I am down from last week of 165. I finally got my first 20 this week.

Must be all that sunshine and fun we having.

Lynn,
see I told you... the ballet! I never would have thought to go to one. Sounds lovely. You are BUSY. having fun.
I am sending our rain to you today! we have had soooo much rain. I will share.

Moxie,
Just noticed you have lost 50! Way to go girl! pics!! before and after!

Bobby,
I wish you live closer. I would be there for your sale, in a heart beat.
you keep up the working so hard and you will loose even more. NOT that you need to loose more.
You need to post a before and after.

Paula,
that must have been a big graduation to be at the Blossom! I went there once, to See Aerosmith with dd on here 16 th. Wow.that must be a huge school.

goto go
be back soon
Closed Thread