Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi Girls

Man! You all make me look bad. LOL
I did not lift my butt to do any exercise at all!
I do plan 1 day a week off.

I Got up early to clean up around the house a little and do dishes that just snuck into my kitchen some how.
Seems to never end. I did some laundry too.

Then, SHE came over.
Oh Yeah! She brought Mommy and Daddy too.
Jessie and parents stayed most of the day.
I made some tacos for us. They were very good. No chicken this time. Real beef! I don’t eat much beef, so it was a treat. I also opened a can of Peaches and pears, No SUGAR added. Cut up some strawberries and put with the other fruit, with just a touch of REAL sugar.
That was soooo good.

Wayne and I went to Kmart for a few things, we got soaked getting back to the truck. It has rained here for at least 1 hr a day, 4 days in a row. We have probably had at least 3 inches of rain this week. And we needed it badly too. So I am not complaining!

Had to go to Sons house to take Jessie’s Harness to them. It is to help her stand, so that she can walk easier. It saves on our backs, Thank God for it. Jessie is so tiny, that just helping her walk with out her harness can put out your back.
She is still only 20 inches tall. And just getting in size 16 months’ clothes. She is going to be 2 in July.

Oh I forgot to mention, I almost burnt up my kitchen. Just before my son called to have us bring her harness home, I put some chicken in water on the stove. To boil for a chicken salad. Oops. Forgot it there with the burner on low. We were gone 2 hrs! That chicken is done! the pan was very burnt to.

Ella,
Congrats on the size 14 pants! That’s great.
To bad I am so short. When I get my 12’s I could send my 14’s on to you. LOL. They are getting worn out something fierce. I refuse to buy any clothes till I can get the next size. Might be a little while before that happens. Darn! I well. I have to just learn patience.

Paula,
I sure hope that was not poison Ivy!
Ugh! I used to get it very bad as a little girl. Try a bath in bleach water after weeding the yard. I don’t know that it really helps. But we did that a lot as kids. Just in case we had found the poison ivy again.

Murphy’s oil soap… Wayne always calls it …ELBOW GREASE.
His mom always told him to PUT SOME ELBOW GREASE INTO when cleaning…lol.
HE thought she meant the soap. It has always stuck.

I hope every one has a great Sunday. Later girls. its bedtime.

here is a pic of the harness I was talking about. (this is not Jessie or me.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katia3.jpg (20.4 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by littlered; 06-03-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ella, you and I are both down to a size 14 - except you are 5'6" and I am 5'1" This must be why I need to buy peddal pushers to wear as long pants. What kind of paintings does your husband do? Would you post a photo of one or two for us?

Hi Moxie, You wrote, "There are so many wonderful recipes out there that it makes you wonder why people ended up eating foods that are not good for us." I think that everytime I start eating right again. I really much prefer the food I am eating now. When I eat in an unhealthy way, I don't even like what I am eating - except for the sweets of course.

Hi Theresa, what a little doll. I am so jealous
My dd was also a little-bit. She still is. She's 44 and we sometimes have to buy her shoes and clothes in children's stores!

Today, I'm hoping we will get enough time between showers for my df and me to go to a craft fair - maybe even walk before or after the fair.

I didn't exercise yesterday & I didn't lose - even though I ate few calories. BUT - I ate at my daughter's last night & she drenched the shrimp and scallops in olive oil. So, between the olive oil & no exercise, I ended up with a 1/2 lb gain

Oh well, today's a new day. I'll do better today.

Hope everyone has a Healthy and Happy Sunday,

Lynn
Old 06-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #18  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Height: 5'2"

Hi all....
It's fun to hear from all of you....it makes one realize that life goes on and it's not ALL about dieting!!!

I just discovered an oddity.....in a diet class they stated that we need to eat from small plates, that way it looks like we are eating more than when we use a large plate. I found out that a very small plate & very small silverware is helpful...when you eat with very small silverware, you can only put in a little bit at a time, that gives you reason to slow way down....really taste each bite full before putting in the next. I think it is equivalent to putting your silverware down between bites.

You can tell my life if just full of activity. LOL
Baby kitty (Cupid) is sleeping between me & the computer keyboard!! We send our hellos!!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I just got back from a walk. I don't remember the last day I walked, but it was a long time ago. It felt good to listen to my music and look at all the neighbors landscapes.

I visited my dad. No real change. He still seemed very tired. We go a call from the nursing home my FIL is in and they said they were taking him to the hospital. He is having a hard time getting his breath and his oxygen level is down. He is also running a fever. My hubby went to check on him and see if they need any info. He has legal power of attorney. This is a different hospital than what my dad is in. I guess I should call on my MIL and see how she is. I haven't heard from her today. Ok I checked on her and he's fine.

I did more weeding today. My daughter came over to steal some on my columbine so I weeded around the garage so she wouldn't take all the weeds with her. Things are looking pretty good in my yard. I have one more section to do and I'm dreading it. There's all kinds of stuff next to the house. We want to put a little patio area there with a table and chairs and maybe the grill. There's ivy growing in that area. I pull it up and it comes right back. Maybe I'll start tackling that area tomorrow. It's good exercise bending and pulling that's for sure.
We got a little rain yesterday and this morning before I got up. It got real dark and the wind was blowing this evening, but the rain storm blew right by. It"s been pretty warm here. It's suppose to cool off Tuesday, but be 90 by Thursday. I have an outside graduation for my Nephew to go to on Tuesday so I'm glad it's not going to be too hot.
Well I'd better go check my other threads.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #20  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Finally have some pictures of some of my Peonies, I'm having trouble getting some on here. I send these out and see what happens. The one picture is a small corner of my shade garden. The edge of the deck is blocking out most of it. I'll try a different angle next time.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-27-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #21  

Hi Bobby,
nice pics. are those peony's?

My son was reading a garden book. It said how to kill SNOW MOLD. and that is grows only in your state. Have you heard of it? and WHAT IS IT? sounds very wierd.

Paula,
you sure we live in the same part of ohio? LOL.
we have had heavy rain here, for 4 days.
At least 1 in per day. some times more. Every day between 3 and 6 pm. There is water standing every where!
Yeah! I know what they say about ohio... If you don't like the weather... wait 10 min. it will change.
hint, I live in the woolybear town. and Fish festival.

I hope we don't get those 90 degrees! YUK!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #22  
Bobbi

One of these pictures has a brand new rocking chair, that's my birthday present from DH. The others are different angles of my shade garden. This summer when everything starts blooming it gets really pretty.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-02-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #23  

Bobbi- Your peonies are beautiful I love the smell of them. I wish they lasted longer.

Theresa- You must get some lake effect rain or something. We've had very little rain and it drys up pretty fast. I did a map blast and we are 43.6 miles south of you in an almost direct line.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:04 PM   #24  
Bobbi

Moxie... I always eat my desserts with my DD baby spoon just for that reason, it takes much longer and you can savor every bite. I use a small plate sometimes too, funny how you can trick you mind like that.
Paula...Dh just finished weeding our garden for the first time. All that rain was a blessing and a curse. Everything grew including all the weeds.
Thesesa...Yes, Peonies bushes, we have 12 of them. I wished they lasted longer too. I had to quit picking them for the house, they bring in a zillion ants.
Lynn...
Quote:
I am 5'1" This must be why I need to buy peddal pushers to wear as long pants.
Funny, today for church I wore a dress that should have been 3/4 length, it was touching my heels because I've shrunk to about 5'3". It bad enough getting old, why do we have to shrink in height too!

O.K. I'm done boring you with my shade garden pictures, I'm going to crawl into bed with the radio on and the Sunday Papers cross word puzzle. Good nite all!
Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-02-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Moxie, your story about little plates & utensils made me laugh - once, my DD and I decided to use chop sticks to slow down our eating - we got VERY good at eating VERY fast with chopsticks

Hi Paula, my heart is with you as you go through this difficult time with your father.

Hi Bobbi, BEAUTIFUL peonies. Seems to me that every year certain flowers bloom beautifully. This year seems to be peonies, irises, and roses.

Hi Theresa, what day in July is your birthday? Let us know so we can wish you a Happy one.

I'm off to the gym & then, I have to take my car in for service. I have a hybrid Prius & a little message comes on my dashboard when it's time for service. Check back later.

Lynn
Old 06-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #26  

Bobbi- I love your photos. Your grassy areas are so nice a green.

Lynn- My daughter and I were just saying that our Irises didn't to very well this year. I only had 3 on mine and they didn't last very long. We had a very mild winter and in January our plants started to come up like it was spring. In February we got our winter and then a spring flash again and then more winter for a longer time. I really think that is why we had a weird spring flowering season. I only had a very few daffodils and tulips this year because the poor plants got frozen when they came up in January thinking it was time to bloom. The lilacs all got frost bite too. The irises must have not liked the sudden hot spell we've had. The weather has been so weird this year it has all the plants confused. One thing that hasn't seemed to suffer is the trees. Our trees have an extra large amount of leaves this year. I'll have to watch the rose bushes. The one I had from before does have a lot of buds on it. We planted several more bushes this year. I've already had 4 blooms off one of them.

It's cloudy this morning. I'm going to have to check the weather and see what we are expecting today.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #27  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Had my coffee and chickory and got a couple of hours of work done this morning (everything done on my "to do list" for clients) and was heading out to deadhead roses and of course it started storming! I brought about 2 dozen in yesterday evening so the rain would not knock the blooms off and at least we could enjoy them inside. Wish I would have brought in more.

Wanted to go to Whole Foods in Baton Rouge today for some good fruit, but guess with the rain, that's out of the question. If more work doesn't come in, I just might make a "lazy" day out of today. House is clean, laundry is done, so it may turn into a day of polishing fingernails and watching "girl movies". My son's precious girl friend brought over a stack of her "click flicks" so today may be the perfect day to just do "nothing".
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #28  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, I’m back at work after an extremely short weekend in which I accomplished little. I wanted to get all my winter woolens to the cleaners and all my spring/summer things out & ironed & hung. Hah! Saturday flew by, and then Sunday did, too. I need to take a few vacation days just to get my clothes in order. By now, you may have figured out that Ella is not the most organized person in the world.
Before I forget, Lynn, I will try to post a few of DH’s pictures. I have to go to wherever you go to get step-by-step instructions for posting those cute little thumbprints that you can click on and make bigger in my post. I keep saying I’ll take pictures of the house, and even of moi, too… I know I really enjoy seeing pictures of whomever I’m talking with…and I love the pics of everybody’s yards and flowers (although mine are hardly comparable). Now, the truth of the matter is that DH is a software engineer and could probably do this for me in about 15 seconds flat, but (Oh gawd…confession time…) remember this is my second time around, here, and DH has no clue how much I weigh. In fact, he “guessed” somewhere around 135. Yeah. Riiiiiiiigggght. So there is NO WAY I’m letting him see my weight tracker here at 3FC!!! I have no trouble at all being truthful with other women, but my weight is, as far as I’m concerned, “need to know” information, and DH doesn’t NEED to know! So, I’ll figure out how to post the pics myself, thank you very much!
Hi again Dr. Femme!!!! Now THAT sounds like the kind of day I could use right about now!!! Enjoy it for both of us!!!
My office looks too nice to do any work in. Maybe I should go home so I don’t mess it up!!!! (I already spilled a bunch of dry Fiber One “fibers” on the floor. Of course I do that every morning, and have to pick them all up after I’m done.)
It’s POURING this morning here! Took me two full hours to drive in! The traffic was ridiculous.
Have a great day, GG’s !!!!

TTFN,

Ella
Old 06-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #29  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

ACKKK I have been gone so long and I haven't been anywhere!!! I took the day off on Friday to recover from my knee injury and we were suffering during a heat wave -- its only frikken June and we hit the mid 90's My problem is my computer in on the third floor and I have to keep it shut off when its too hot -- so I couldn't get on to check up and yak to anyone -- sighs.

Well back to work today -- I see lots of weather problems-- lots of walking, riding some good food choices with all the GOLDEN GIRLS I hope to find a bit of time to sit down and respond to everyone but if not just know I have read and care.

I had coffee (ok it was tea) on Saturday with three friends from high school. There is a core group that remains close and we try at least once a year to get together. We are quite the eclectic collection of people but we have the desire to remain friends -- hard to believe I met one of them 42 years ago when she immigrated from England -- we were in Girl Guides together and reconnected when we were 16 and have remained close friends ever since. She was my maid of honour at my wedding in 1979 -- the following year she asked me to stand for her but I was going to be almost 9 month pregnant so I bowed out -- she just remarried about 18 months ago to a fellow almost 10 years younger than her -- LOL look at me rambling.

So back to my eating and exercising -- not much of either in the heat wave -- back to classes this week and bootcamp on Friday if my knee holds out.

Hope everyone is well -- I see the weather is all over the map -- LOL Paula and Theresa you are so close yet so different in the weather. Ella I saw some of the baseball game last night and it was pouring -- two hours to commute I would throw myself in front of a semi, and of course in the mornings I have to be within 25 minutes of the nearest bathroom -- my high blood pressure meds work well and I have to "go" every 30 minutes LOL.

Ok back to work -- we are having the school lunch today and I have to be on hand to pass out name tags for our department -- joy joy at least its BBQ so I should be able to find something to chew on.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #30  

Bobby,

We had peonies by the house. and Moved them away to the parameter
of the yard. Because of the ants.
Most of them did not do well this year. maybe next year.

Lynn,
it the 19th.
I am envious of your hybrid. My son just got one. a ford mariner. Next car I get will be one too.
Has to be in the ford family. To get the big discount.

Paula,
We have irises that were blooming very pretty, we did not get a pic fast enough,
the rain beat them last night.
We don’t do well with roses, I think we need to change the soil. its all clay.

Femme,
you sound busy today, Do you wash windows? lol. I need to get off and
run the vacuum.
Ohooo! it is raining again. hard. lets see how long it last, before I have to turn
off the pc due to weather.
Ella, I don’t envy you the work, Just the clothes. I have 2 jeans, 2 black jeans for work,
1 tan for work, 3 dress pants and a few tops. And I don’t intend to buy much more,
till I loose a few more pounds.
If you use Irfan view to adjust size of your pics, it is easy to post.
just make them like 400 x 300 and “”save as”” . make sure to adjust the quality
saved so that the pic is less than 50 kb.
http://www.irfanview.net/
You could just tell him you want to send pics to a family member
I don’t envy the long drive you girls have… wow 2 hrs!
I will keep my 15 min.

Joanne,
90’s , yuk. it is only 62 degrees. and raining.
in fact I hear thunder so I am saying later.
have a nice day girls.

here is my one peony that made it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0529.jpg (31.3 KB, 9 views)
Closed Thread