Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Bobby,
Wow. what a change for you and your hubby.
Sounds like it will be fun after the move. You will be able to go more places like the other girls. Thats good.
I know you will miss the chickens and all your own space. But sometimes change is good. I hope You are both happy with your new life.
I will miss you and hope you get back to us soon.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:12 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Theresa - I LOVE seeing your photo. You look like a little girl. Sitting on your porch with your dgd - what a wonderful way to spend time.

Hi Paula - could you please clone that scale and send me one? Go ahead - live it up - change that ticker!

Hi Phyllis - Congratulations on your loss! AND on all that walking!

Hi Ella - Hope you had a good time at the cook-out/graduation.

Hi Bobbi - we are sure going to MISS you. When you get settled, I hope you will come back to us.

Hi Femme - thank you for the recipe - I will try it.

Everyone, thank you for the encouragement yesterday - it really helped. I was in a real funk all day. I think it was not having caffein or artificial sweetner. Also because it's getting close to the anniversary of Donald's death. So far, it doesn't look like cutting out the caffein/artificial sugar made a difference in my blood sugar numbers. I hope it doesn't - I could cut out the caffein, but I don't think I can do without the articial sweetner.

Today, I'm taking my Little Sister to lunch and the movies. Maybe we'll do some shoe-shopping also. She LOVES shoes.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn
Old 06-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #138  

Default The Birthdate Post

If you post your birthdate, I will edit this message & hopefully, we will end up with everyone's date.

Theresa - July 19

WoodLily - August 25

Cat - September 13

Joanne - October 8

Phyllis - December 15

Karen - February 14

Lyn - February 21

Paula - April 4

Lynn - April 11

Zoe - April 19

Bobbi - May 24

Linda - June 18

Moxie - ?

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 06-25-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #139  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn.......May 24th for my birthday. Thank you all for the well wishes. We haven't sold our house yet, the realtor is coming out again today to get paperwork done on the bid for our new house. So much to think about at our age. We just want to retire into a community while we still have the "get up and go" in us. I'll probably be lurking on this site, just not contributing.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #140  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post

If you post your birthdate, I will edit this message & hopefully, we will end up with everyone's date...

Femme - ?
September 13, 1950something...
Old 06-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #141  
Lifetime Loser

Hey Bobbi, when your lurking drop us a line.....Good luck with the move, I know you'll miss your old place but change can be a good thing. We are serious about moving from Florida to Ohio probably within the next year or two.

I hate the thought of moving, I will miss my good friends but being closer to our children and grandchildren is more important to us. I do have a 31 yr. old, single son living here in Florida and we are trying to get him to move up with us but his boss just offered him a great job in No. Carolina in about a year so this all may work out very well.

Hope when you ck in with us we all have lots of weight loss to report!

Phyllis
Old 06-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #142  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
[
Femme,
You mentioned a detox. How does one do that? And what are
the benifts?
On SB, the first two weeks are called "phase 1" and it is pretty restrictive...no fruit, grains, etc...More or less no foods that produce any kind of sugar in the body...and that helps you get rid of cravings. It really worked for me. I am a sugar/rice/pasta/butter freak...love it and had it mostly every day in some form. The first couple of days were a little hard, but not really THAT HARD and the 2 weeks went by pretty fast. After that, you start to SLOWLY add back fruit, whole grains etc to see if it triggers any cravings. So far for me it hasn't... I love it..I haven't felt deprived once. I've never been a big fruit eater..I'd rather go for chocolate..but after that 2 weeks was up and I starting eating fruit...it has never tasted so good or sweet and I honestly don't miss all the "bad stuff" any more.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #143  
Lifetime Loser

Lynn, I gave up the artifical sweetner, except what is in puddings or cool whip thinking it was bothering my stomach and use sugar in my coffee. But from what I have read unless your using a LOT of the sweetner it's OK. So I am going to add it back in and see.

I mix our coffee 1/2 regular & 1/2 decaf.....I know you can buy it but it is more exensive and I like the taste of what I mix better. Still need that caffine in the a.m.

Femme, hows that puppy doing? They bring such life into the home don't they....I miss that. Thanks for posting the cutlet recipe, I think I'll try it for something different......

Hey Ella, that cutlet recipe doesn't say "CHICKEN".......LOL

Theresa, I agree I will miss Bobbi also. I am sure we all wish her a smooth move. We will have lots of pounds off when she checks back in....

Phyllis
Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #144  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Ahhhhh, Bobbi....you're going to be missed, lady! Sure you can't post some, anyway? (We could give you lots of useful/less feedback on your plans!!!! )
Okay, Lynn, my birthday is April 19...looks like quite a few of us were born in April; since we're all trying to lose weight, maybe April is a "fat" month to be born????
Okay, BIG confession time! Went to the graduation party/cook-out for the two little munchkins, and went WAY off-plan!!!!!!!!!! Now I can't weigh myself again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate some Gnocci/pesto salad that was to die for...took a tablespoonful and went back for some more! Also a big grilled sausage, a few little sweet n' sour meatballs (probably 150 cal. apiece!!!!) and a couple of spoonfuls of potato salad. (My daughter made it; I had to see if it was as good as mine. It WAS... ). So, we can scratch the dinner portion of my eating plan for yesterday on the challenge thread.
BUT, I'm not going to use this as an excuse to binge, now....nosiree! Not me!
Today I will cut back to make up the difference. AND exercise more. (I'm hanging wallpaper in the bathroom this morning. This is my coffee break - black coffee, of course!) And I'll take an hour's bike ride this afternoon. And, all I really plan to eat today is a little Fiber One & raisins later on this morning, and my usual baked scrod, brocolli & mashed cauliflower when DH and I go out for dinner. We have to buy a new microwave, too. I HAVE to have a microwave for my popcorn, and the old one pooped out.
The bathroom is starting to look really awesome! (I'll have to take a picture!!!! )
Okay, back to work for Ella...

Have a great day, y'all...and when I check back in later, I HOPE there are more posts to read - hint, hint...

I know what you mean, Phyllis, about being close to the kids. That's why we're not moving anytime soon, even though living in the Boston area is ridiculously expensive.

TTFN,

Ella
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies!! I'm finally getting settled down back at home (For Now) While I was on vacation I did put on 4 pounds but I ws happy it wasn't more! I guess that isn't too bad for a month but need to get busy and take it off! I think I'm going to try the South Beach diet and see if I can get the pounds off quick that I put on!

Bobbi, I really am going to miss you and I do wish you the best in your move. I can't believe that there are so many of us planning on moving! After getting back from MO. my Hubby has found that he can breathe so much better back there so we have decided to sell our home here and move back to MO!! We looked at lots of homes while we were there and if things work out well we should be able to pay cash for a place back there with what we make on the sale of our home here. Still close to town, with a few acres and a house about like we have now. Property is so much more less expensive back there as is the cost of living.

Lynn, my birthday is February 14, 1952 Gosh! am I the only one born in February? Keep Smiling and know that we are all here to help support you in anyway that we can!

Hi Femme!! I think you joined us while I was away on vacation. Welcome! Today is my second day with the South Beach and I'm hoping that it works good for me! I know I have to get my WATP's dvd out again and get back in to my walking! I love the puppy pics!! I would jsut be lost without my "girls"

Phyllis, You are thinking of moving too!! Gosh it must be the time of life we are all in!! Here is a Welcome to Ohio picture just for you!!

Theresa, it sounds like you are just doing fantastic !!! I hope to catch up to you soon! Are you still liking your ab lounge?? I haven't got back on mine yet since being home but will soon! I have had to put a towel across where you sit at the hinges---- the trim has torn and the hinges pinch!!!

Ella, you are doing so good on riding your bike!! Fantastic!! What kind of seat did you get? I had a stationery bike in the house that I took to Goodwill just because the seat hurt "my seat"!!!

I've been reading about this brown rice recipe that Bobbi posted but I have gone back and I can't find it------ anybody have it and would share it with me? I have a hard time cooking brown rice here -- guess because we are sittin at 8500 feet!! The high altitude messes up a lot of things!

Here are a couple pictures of Ginger and Sissy. Ginger likes to "POP" up and watch out the window while we are traveling. She absolutely hates "red semis trucks" and barks like crazy when one is beside us! Sissy on the other hand just curls up and sleeps in her carseat most of the way!

Paula!! Congrats on the weight loss!! I want a set ofthose scales too!!! Take that 6 pound loss and celebrate!

Everyone have a good day and I sure didn't mean to make this a book! But it is hard trying to catch up with everyone. I'm sorry if I missed anybody (I'm sure I did) but I will start being better about staying on top of things now. While I was traveling I only had dial up access and it was just to hard to try to stay connected!

Take care, Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #146  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
I've been reading about this brown rice recipe that Bobbi posted but I have gone back and I can't find it------ anybody have it and would share it with me? I have a hard time cooking brown rice here

I LOVE this one ..it comes out perfect every time for me... I substitute a couple of tablespoons of olive oil for the butter.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

OK my scale is FIXED!!! Darn it! I was back to 177 this morning. I sure don't know why it said 170 yesterday. Heck maybe it will be broken again tomorrow. Hey a girl can dream can't she?

Bobbi- Don't go away. Just because you are planning on moving doesn't mean you have to disappear. I hate to think the only reason you might come back and join us is if you gain weight.
We put our house on the market a year and half ago. We had a house all picked out and was buying it on the contingency that we sold our house. We didn't sell and the other house was sold after that. We listed with a different agent and found another house we liked. We had a buyer for our house and decided that we wanted to look at the house we were buying one more time before we signed the final papers. It turns out that the house we were interested in had another offer on the table as well. They sellers didn't want to have formal contingency on the house so by the the time we looked the house over again and signed the papers the sellers had accepted the other offer. It was within a hour or so from when we signed. Anyway, we decided that someone must be trying to tell us something so we took our house off the market and we are still here. I love this house and the neighbors. We just thought we might need more room if my downs sister-in-law had to come live with us. So just because you are putting your house on the market doesn't always mean you are moving. You might decide you want to stay were you are a little longer. I hope whatever happens you will be happy.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks Femme--- I have printed that one out and will try it once I am through phase 1 on SB. I really get so frustrated when I try to cook it and it comes out "crunchy"!!! Thanks-- Karen
Old 06-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #149  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Bobbi-
We put our house on the market a year and half ago. We had a house all picked out and was buying it on the contingency that we sold our house. We didn't sell and the other house was sold after that. We listed with a different agent and found another house we liked. We had a buyer for our house and decided that we wanted to look at the house we were buying one more time before we signed the final papers. It turns out that the house we were interested in had another offer on the table as well. They sellers didn't want to have formal contingency on the house so by the the time we looked the house over again and signed the papers the sellers had accepted the other offer. It was within a hour or so from when we signed. Anyway, we decided that someone must be trying to tell us something so we took our house off the market and we are still here. I love this house and the neighbors. We just thought we might need more room if my downs sister-in-law had to come live with us. So just because you are putting your house on the market doesn't always mean you are moving. I really apprecitated your insite.
We looked at two different homes this afternoon, One had too many rooms, too big a house. The other had beautiful landscaping but many small room, Gezzzzzzzz, I'd get dizzy finding my way down the basement. My sweet hubbie said he wanted to buy me a new house that didn't have old dead skin in the house. Anyone else with experiences
Old 06-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #150  

Default Reminder

Tomorrow begins the book discussion of Rethinking Thin.

Lynn
Closed Thread