Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #91  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Still no time to gab but I've beening thinking about where we should start our thread. Sounds like everyone agrees with
~Golden Girls~ and if I don't hear anything different, we'll go with that. Now I need some imput about where to post where we'll not get lost. (Maybe attract more 50 and up girls. ) I only contribute to a couple of threads and don't know my way around so let's hear suggestions on where we'll post. I'll write up a header describing our age group and we'll go from there.
Thanks!
Bobbi
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #92  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I dunno I would think just under "support groups", but I think I've been around here less time than you, Bobbi, and am computer-challenged to boot, so I can't be much help. Wish I could.

But, whatever you do - wherever you put us is GREAT, as far as I'm concerned. Just post a link on this thread so we all can get there, right? (I'm paranoid about getting lost again!

Thanks!!!

Weather update: Still pouring here, but they held the Boston marathon anyway. Bleccchhh. S'posed to rain all week, I'm hearing. Better than snow & ice I guess, but I'd sure love to have a nice warm, sunny day for a change.

Have a great night, all!!

Say hi to the Poms for me, Karen!

TTFN,

Ella
Old 04-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi-- Golden Girls is fine with me for the name. I can hardly wait to have our own name!! I've only been coming here since January so I don't know where the best place would be but I'm sure wherever you decide would be fine.. I'm excited to become "OFFICIAL"

Are we going to try to move all these posts to the new one? I have no idea how to do that either. Also I was thinking that instead of a "weekly" thread we should try to make it at least a monthly thread. That way we don't have to change so often. What do you think?

Hey Ella! We have snow here again today--- I'll probably send it your way. Yesterday we had 60 degrees!! Crazy weather!!

Ok well, I need to get back to work here and I'll check back later to say HI to everybody and see what is happening! Karen
Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #94  
Bobbi

I can move everything over but not sure if that's necessary, nobody would be interested in our planning stages but if you all think past posts should be moved, so be it. I think we should not put any week or month on the post until we see if it takes off. We're half way through April, if we gets lots of hits in the next couple of weeks, we can add May unto the title.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-16-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #95  

That sounds good to me.. Can you tell I'm excited??? I think that anytime you want to do that will be fine and don't worry about moving past posts over. You're right this has all been in the planning stages. Karen
Old 04-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #96  
Bobbi

I can put something in the opening paragraph about introducing ourselves, our families, maybe what we find harder to do as we age, etc. Any other suggestions about the opening paragraph?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I also think that it would be best under support. I will be on the look out for the Golden Girls posting.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #98  
Lifetime Loser

Default Moving our group

Can you leave a message here for ladies that don't check in all the time so they can find us?

I like our new name......and we are the Golden Girls!!!

Phyllis
Old 04-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #99  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Yep, that's us, Phyllis!!!! THE GOLDEN GIRLS officially now. Or soon to be, anyway, thanks to Bobbi. I absolutely agree that the previous posts aren't neccessary at all...so long as there's a link left to the new location, which again, is Bobbi's call, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know, Bobbi. Would you want to say something in the intro about our shared belief in getting better, not older??? I mean we KNOW we're older, but since we're all here on 3FC, it's obvious that none of us is planning to throw in the towel anytime soon, right? As far as giving a little background on ourselves - yes, I definitely think that would be great. It would certainly make the group a tightly-knit one, if we all know where the other is coming from, so to speak.

I am really, really looking forward to having our very own place to go - a place, to quote CHEERS - "where everybody knows our name".

No snow, thank you, Karen, although your generosity and willingness to share is duly noted and appreciated.

See you all, soon. ALL. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everybody so that my inability to insert quotes won't matter, and I'll be familiar with us all...and you'll all know me.

Have a great night!

Ella
Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi everyone.

I wanted to say... I think you name "GOLDEN GIRLS" is cute.

Karen
I saw you use an ab lounger.
has it helped that are very much?
Been thinking about getting one to use here at home with my dd.
That might help get rid of the apple shape!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #101  

Hi Theresa,
I love my ab lounge!! I really think it has helped a lot. Some people might disagree but I had a car accident back in 1998 and had soft tissue damage done to my back. There is NO WAY that I can get down on the floor to do crunches! I started out doing 25 a day and worked myself up to doing 200 a day now. With that and the WATPs I think I'm going to be able to get the last 40 pounds off this time. At least I'm counting on it. My red pom(Ginger) loves to get up on the ab lounge with me!! I have had to make her wait until I'm done and then I have to lay there for a few minutes so she can have her "exercise" time too!! She also likes the trampoline! I havent' been able to master that myself yet.. But I keep trying. Karen
Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #102  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls....................I opened up the new ~Golden Girls~ this morning under the "Support Groups" like you suggested.
This thread is closed, please join us there.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 179/

Height: 5feet 2 inches

Default Need some ideas

Hello
I am hoping to get some ideas and support here. I live in England with my husband and enjoy, reading, cooking, learning new things making ArtistTrading cards and love gardening.
I am 53 and have lots of problems one being a whopping 179.2 pounds I am 5feet 2 inches.
I have tried diets since I was 18 and have always lost weight only to gain it back plus extra.
Now I am in real trouble and need to lose weight. I have osteo arthritis in my lower back, both hips, both knees, both hands and now have Plantar Facsiitis in my left foot. This makes walking really painful all the time, on top of this little lot I have dizzy spells that have no pattern.
I really do need some ideas as I have run out of them and could do with some inspiration.
I know I sound miserable and at the moment I am as I was told I have to lose weight but the Dr. is not being very helpful. I am on a very low income and joining things like WW or other slimming clubs is not within my budget. The dietician comes around to the Health Centre once in three months.

At present I am eating smaller portions and doing my best to exercise by walking. Before you ask I cannot swim and have a terrible fear of the water. I feel like a lost cause at the moment and very fed up as you can probally tell.
Sory to sound so negative and miserable but can anyone offer some ideas and a little encouragement please?

Last edited by Wulfcwen; 04-20-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #104  

Wulfcwen!! I thought that I would let you know that this is a thread that we started in introductions and then decided to become an "official group" so we have moved the thread to here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110075

If you click on that link it will take you to the new thread we have started.

I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time right now but I know you will find all kinds of ancouragement here on the site.

With Weight Watchers I had a friend pick me up the book with the points values listed in it and I'm just doing it here at home. I don't go to meetings. I think it is to expensive for my budget too! I think you can go to a first meeting without charge and get the same book with the points values listed and give that a try at home.

Also you might want to check out the Walk Away The Pounds Videos.. They are with Leslie Sansone and they are just walking videos that you can do in your own house. You can check those out at www.lesliesansone.com
They have been a big help to me.

Anyway, I hope to see you over on our other thread and I know there will be lots more information from everyone there.

Take care and have a good day. Karen
Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 AM   #105  
Bobbi

This thread is closed, go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110075
Closed Thread