Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #31  

Hi Sharon, and eveyone else!
I am so glad that I found this site today. I'm 57 and need to loose about 130 lbs. I just started on Mon. a diet & walking program.I really want to have success with it this time around. It's going to be hard, but I need to do this for me. It's nice to know that I have some diet buddies out there.
I enjoyed reading your message Sharon.

Mary Ann
Old 04-12-2007, 05:43 AM   #32  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default All the "lost" fifty-pluses

Are you all still out there? Where did you go? Goodyear? Karen, where are you and the Poms???? Bobbi? Cheryl? Star? (Are you yoga-booty-balleting instead of posting????) Sharon? Openheart? Slim me???? We even had a few new folk, didn't we? Come baaaaaccckkkk!!!!!

Ella
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #33  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ella..........I'm still here and I don't know where this thread went either. I had to back track thru my posted messages to find it. I'll send it thru and see what happens, maybe they already dedided to pull it until this week-end where they might merge?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All, Guess it's another day walking inside for me. We have rain again. It's making the house feel and smell damp. I had the oven on for awhile yesterday when I made my baked pork chops for dinner and it helped some. Don't you hate that?

Love the Doggies. I have a little one that I rescued too. he is so adorable. He's a Little Shih Tzu. I don't think he was abused, just very neglected. he was kept in a cage all the time. Now he is just a little spoiled!

everyone have a good day
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to do yoga with weights with FitTV this morning and then walk on the treadmill this afternoon or evening. It's raining here in OH today and they are saying snow again for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back outside for my walks and so is the dog.

My eating should be back on plan starting today. The leftovers are finally all used up thanks to me making bean soup last night for my lunches for the next couple days.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:26 AM   #36  
Bobbi

Good Morning, I'm back. I guess I was looking in the wrong place for this thread, that's why I couldn't find it.
Star... Having your "Me Hour" is very important and I'm glad to hear you're taking care of yourself.. We all get so busy taking care of everyone else and we sometimes put ourselves on the back burner. Gee.....I get to use phrases like "back burner" and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Ella... Yes, my flowers are all dead. They all had lots of flower buds on them too, right now they are buried under lots of snow. Show us pictures of your cats!
Maybe you can make Tuna Melts out of your left-over tuna. A slice of FF cheese and put under the broiler would be good.
I agree with the smaller thread, It's so much easier getting to know each other. I am below goal and still losing, I'm not going to worry about an actual weight number. I'm into all my dressy church clothes except for a couple of skirts. When I fit them comfortably, I'll go on maintence plan.
Karen... I just had DH come in and read your Wolf story, he was intrigued. Scary!! I don't blame you for walking to tapes. We wondered why you and the dogs didn't get in the car with the angels that protected you and have them take you home? We have a two year old English setter called "Charlie". I'll post a pic of him on the bottom. But he has long hair and DH has to vaccum the whole house everyday because of it. I see your Pomeranians have long hair too, you probably could spin all the vacummed hair up and make a rug! I saw a show quite awhile ago on a lady that was a wool spinner and she also brushed her long haired dogs and spun that into strands to be used for a rug. It looked very soft and beautiful, weird huh!
Phyllis... Hi again, we seems to pop up in the same places. I'm going to catch up to you in age on May 24. Yipee, I finally will get to collect social security in June.
Slim Me... Hi and welcome.
Paula... I made a huge batch of our Easter ham into soup and it's delicious. It made enough for a least 4 meals. The scalloped corn I'm letting DH eat since it's high in calories, same goes for the mashed potatoes. I found a recipe that called for one envelope of Hidden Valley ranch dressing and lots of butter that I made. I normally don't use lots of butter but when you have company you need to cook a little differently. That's why I only ate the corn and spuds at
Easter and now DH has to clean them up. He doesn't mind!

Hi Mary Ann, welcome to our wilting beautys club.

If anybody needs more fiber, try the Flat Out wraps, they are huge and have 9 grams of fiber.

Catch ya all later, Hi to all I missed.
The picture of Charlie and his favorite bone is below, he brings that particular bone to us daily so we can fill it with peanut butter. He's no dummy!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-27-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Ella,
We didn't go anywhere--- Have you been able to find us again? Let me know. Karen
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #38  
Ellabella

Hi Karen! Looks like Bobbi posted to that thread in "Introductions". She's saying, I THINK, that the moderators decide if you can have your own group or not? I don't know. I mean, here (in Miscellaneous Clubs) you seem to be able to just post a thread and keep it going with your own group if you want to. The question is how to get them all here. Do you have any clue how to put a link to here (?) in that thread on the Into group?

Say hi to the Poms for me!

Ella
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #39  
Ellabella

Hi All,

I seem to be having a little difficulty with the website today - veeeery slow. BUT, I haven't been able to find anybody until just a little while ago (thanks, Bobbi!) and what I did was start a thread under "Miscellaneous Clubs" entitled "All the Lost fifty-pluses" (us). It really looks like you can open any kind of thread you want under "Miscellaneous Clubs" so we could certainly do that for our new little group.

Anyway, I'm at work and actually have a bunch of work to do, so I won't write much right now, but if anybody wants to start using the thread I started, we could do that, and then re-name it when it starts to get too many posts. (Then we could go to "Golden Oldies", or any of the other names that anybody wants.

Pleeeaase let me know!!!

Ella
Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #40  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi there I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts over on the Introduction -- but I decided to start new over here.

I am over 50 and need to lose over 50 -- LOL so that makes me doubly ready to be here.

Hopefully everyone else will find this post -- I am looking forward to meeting new people with the same goals.

Joanne
Old 04-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #41  

Good Morning!
Well, it is snowing here again!! They are saying we could get a foot of this agan tonight!! I thought this was supposed to be Spring!!

Ella, glad to see that you got back to us!! I saw the thread that you had opened in Misc. and posted there for you. I think we will probably wait until after this weekend to decide what to do.

Bobbi, I really don't know why we didn't get in the car with those people that stopped to help!! I know they followed that wolf on down another road to make sure he kept going and I turned around and headed for home!! I did call the sheriff and told them about it. They sent animal control out looking for him but never found him/her! I kind of felt like Lil' Red Riding Hood!!!

I walked the 3 mile super fat burn this morning then I did the Muscle Mile One and then the 2 mile-30 Minute Walk. I then thought I would try the Walk Strong but after about 10 minutes I decided that I wasn't going to be able to complete that one right now! I think that is one that needs to be done before the others since it has the intervals of strength training in it. Maybe I can get that one first in the morning. But at least I got 6 miles in!

I've been using slim fast for most of my plan but after yesterday and wanting to eat just about everything that I could-- I really didn't eat anything real bad --- just too much of it. I decided to change tactics this morning. So I started out with a bowl of half bran flakes and half Fiber One. I've been reading about all the good things you have been saying about fiber so thought I would just try counting calories for awhile and up the fiber A LITTLE AT A TIME!! I really think slimfast is pretty good but better suited to someone who has only about 10 to 25 pounds to lose. I do like their shakes and meal bars and will probably have one once in awhile when things are hurried. We'll give this a good try and see how it works out for me.

Bobbi, I think Charlie is so cute! My niece has a dog that looks just like him and his name is Oscar! My two love the peanut butter cookies that I make for them.

Slim me--- When I got Sissy her nails were so long that they curled under her feet! I took her right away to my vet. and had them check her out real good and they trimmed them for me. I was so scared to do it when they were that long. She had always been in a cage and never even knew what grass was like! So potty training was kind of hard but after a few months she is doing fine now. And loves being outside! And they both sleep on the bed with us. Good thing we have a King size bed 'cause sometimes I think they take up mre room than a Great Dane would!!

Paula, Mary Ann, Gladdy, Phyllis and anybody else I might have forgotten --- I hope you all have a good day today and I will catch you all later. Karen
Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #42  

OK I just got this in an email and I thought it would give all of a us a little chuckle!! Enjoy! Karen

This is a test for us, old kids! The answers are printed below, but
> don't
> you cheat.
>
> 01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset,
> the
> grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably,
> someone
> would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave
> behind?________________.
>
> 02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all
> watched them on The _______________ Show.
>
> 03. "Get your kicks, ___________________."
>
> 04 "The story you are about to see is true. The names have bee n
> changed___________________."
>
> 05. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."
>
> 06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced"
> under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called
> the "_____________."
>
> 07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very
> best......._______________."
>
> 08. Satchmo was America 's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared
> this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
>
> 09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.
>
> 10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red
> always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and "________
> ________".
>
> 11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did s o by burning
> their______________.
>
> 12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the
> front was called the VW . What other names did it go by? ____________ &
> _______________.
>
> 13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music
> died."This was a tribute to ___________________.
>
> 14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians
> did it. It was called ___________________.
>
> 15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic
> ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the
> ________________.
>
>
>
> ANSWERS:
>
> 01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
> 02. The Ed Sullivan Show
> 03. On Route 66
> 04. To protect the innocent.
> 05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
> 06. The limbo
> 07. Chocolate
> 08. Louis Armstrong
> 09. The Timex watch
> 10. Freddy, The Freeloader,and "Good Night,and may God Bless."
> 11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.) 12. Beetle or Bug 13. Buddy
> Holly 14. Sputnik 15. Hoola-hoop
>
> Send this to your "old" friends. It will keep them busy and let them
> forget their aches and pains for a few minutes.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #43  
Ellabella

I didn't know the Lone Ranger question or the Jackie Gleason one. The rest I DID KNOW!!!!! I don't know whether to or feel depressed because I'm so old

TTFN,

Ella
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #44  
Bobbi

Thanks, that was fun. I only missed one, I thought Red Skeltons clown was Clem Kiddlehopper. I maybe guessed him because it was my favorite character.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #45  
Mel

Hi there! I'm 52 and have been maintaining for 5 1/2 years now. Every once in a while I get careless and the scale blips up (oh soooo easily!) but it does go down again.

Would you like me to attempt to merge your thread from the Intro Forum into this thread?

Mel
Closed Thread