Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #331  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

Ended up shooting hoops a few times yesterday. My son's friends are all either on vacation or were off for day trips yesterday. So he recruiting me for basketball. We also took several small walks along the lakeshore. Great ways to add some spice to my normal walks.

Waiting for the nurse this morning so I have not gotten in any walking yet. Hard to sit still and wait.

I just need to say that exercise is very helpful for stress...or at least for me. Things are very stressing lately. I am thinking very hard and wondering if assistant living may be best for my parents. My dad already suffered depression and had anger issues (he can be verbally mean) prior to the stroke. He is now even meaner (mostly to me) and depressed. Will not talk to his doctor honestly and will not allow me to be involved. My mom has spent the past few years basically living in bed. My dad was to get a doctors okay to drive again. Yesterday he want to his appointment (I was not allowed to go) and purposely did not bring up the driving. The doctor did not bring up driving so my dad says he can drive. He took the car out twice yesterday afternoon. I voiced my concern and lets just say he was not happy. I asked what he will tell the nurse today. He stated he is going to not bring up the fact that he didn't ask and will say "The doctor didn't tell me I couldn't". I told him that I WILL NOT lie. He told me that I should sit there and be quiet or lie. I have chosen to not be around when the nurse comes. If I am asked later by the nurse why I wasn't there I will have to tell the truth. I can see lots and lots of walking happening.

Done with my whine now.

On to something positive. I weighed in at 150.4 this morning. COME ON 140s!!

Have a fabulous day/evening!
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Back pain yesterday...could not sleep...was up until 3 a.m....alarm went off at 7..I was at the pool for class at 9:00am...I'm wiped! Not sure if my back hurts too much to walk tonight...we shall see. I decided to takes break from dieting and I am just watching calories....I feel less pressure this way....I'm trying not to go over 1200 calories....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I'm pretty busy at work, but mostly I'm getting overwhelmed by my show. We open in a month and stress is building exponentially. The whole thing becomes all-consuming. I have been reading though, and trying to keep up with everyone. Of course, I can't stay long today either. I'm doing okay with eating (a few large portions here and there plus more sweets than I should), and okay with exercise, but I was blessed with a reading of 180 this morning. Woot! Woot! Hope that number stays there instead of being a tease. That finally puts me over the 20 lb mark.

Have a great, on-plan day everyone!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #334  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Got in a good sweaty walk with the little dog today, made me realize my intensity has not been where it needs to be. On the positive side, feeling much stronger with the addition of weights and exercises so will try to incorporate both weights and higher cardio, I pretty much know what to eat and not eat...famous last words...off to do some exercises and then cook supper, picked a few peppers from the garden today can't wait to eat them!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #335  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Zumba, that i what I started on March 28th; mindful eating, and so far it has produced 14-16 pound weightloss. I was tired of dieting.

But speaking of that, I have not been a very good girl this past week. I am avoiding scale, I am sure it is around 152 pounds, ugh. Way too much family stress going on, mostly from overseas family and I feel so helpless being this far away. -- So I emotional ate BUT a positive thing; since I have been eating more I feel super strong at the gym. I was really struggling during my workouts...now...

....I have a dilemma.... If I continue lifting heavy, I need to add more calories to my diet and that means slowed down weight loss (most likely)
or
I could increase the reps with lighter weight and make it "more aerobic" than muscle building....
or
give up weight lifting, for now, and focus on diet and aerobic exercise

What to do??
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #336  
a healthier me

Sum: Hard question. I think I would look at the big picture, instead of the right now. I personally would stick with weight training. I so want to see the 140s but with starting weight training this week it has slowed my weight loss. I know in due time I will see those 140s...I just hope that it is sooner then later. I think in the long run I will be very happy that I have chosen this route. Plus muscle helps with calorie burn.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #337  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

SUM, You know my response to the exercise dilemma...
I have lost 2 lbs and yet my size 6 jeans were a bit loose. So I decided to stop in at the mall and try on a size 4 just to see how far I had to go or if it was just not going to happen. They didn't fit. Apparently I need a 2!!!! And the dressing room lady brought me a 0 to try. I could get them up and barely buttoned - it wasn't pretty - at that point my hip bones were the limiting factor. But she actually thought they would fit! I tried the reasoning that it was just those jeans but multiple styles of size 2s fit. So, yeah. Lift heavier! And eat more.

Last edited by 2FatCats; 07-12-2013 at 09:29 PM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #338  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Holy Moly, Aspen. That sounds like a lot of stress. Do your parents live with you? I think assisted living sounds like a very good idea. I wouldn't stand for that kind of treatment- sounds like he's not even trying. Sorry you've got this stress, but very happy for you that you've discovered that exercise and walkies works wonders.

Zumba, sometimes I go into what I call "damage control" mode, that is my goal for a few weeks is just to maintain. A bit like a plateau, I guess, except that it's intentional. Sometimes it just seems like too much pressure to need the scale to move every week. After 3 weeks or so of breaking even, I usually have the energy to knock a few more pounds off. It's slow progress, but it's progress. Good luck!

Hey Moondance! I was wondering about you. Everybody gets caught up in RL sometimes. (like me, for pretty much the entire month of may) Glad your keeping pretty much in control in spite of your show. Good luck with it!

Kelijpa, you make me jealous. Our growing season is way behind this year. I'm looking at my tomatoes, willing them to turn red.

Sum- lift! Slower weight loss with more muscle built will be easier to maintain, I think, because you will also have energy for new activities that will keep you busy. my 2 cents, anyway.

Trying to stay good with the kids around for the summer hols, but it's not been too hard so far- lots of yummy summer fruit ripe, and no desire for heavy foods. Just sometimes in the evenings it's sometimes too sunny for a walk. 1st world problems
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #339  
a healthier me

Magic: Yes, I had my parents move in with my son and I about 1.5 years ago. They are 78 and 84.

Woke to the scale at 150.6. I think I must be in a plateau. For the next couple days I am going to switch things up and then get right back to what I was doing. Hopefully this will shock my body into losing again.

I am going to try to walk only around 10,000 steps. I am going to throw in high marching, jumping jacks, push-ups, etc. I am going to eat just the same as I have been. Tomorrow is my weight lifting day.

It's hard to not go, go, go but then the *rest* will hopefully give my foot a much needed rest. I have been dealing with a bad foot for weeks.

Just finishing up the last part of my lunch, dark sweet cherries. Yum!!

Have a fabulous day!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #340  

Hi Magic! I doln't think its really "damage control"..I think I"m just tired and close to giving up so I need to stop with all the dieting madness...its making me very very depressed and I literally loathe myself. So right now i'm doing a whole lot of "nothing" and just trying to stay mindful of what I'm eating. I'm not denying myself anything either, but I can't say that i'm going hog wild or overboard with sugar or snacks. This is just so hard....

SUM I'm so glad that intuitive eating was so successful for you. I'm not getting a good grip on it. I can't say that i'm eating when i'm not hungry, but i'm not certainly not eating well or losing weight with how i'm eating so who knows. To me it just means i'm taking in all my calories eventually so it all comes out even in the wash. Hence, again i'm failing at something else.
SUM you know I'm not lifting anymore and am definitely not the exercise fantatic that I was in years gone by..what i will tell you is that you should keep weightlfiting...stop worrying so much about increasing calories . Eat well enough so that you have energy and can build muscle. Resistance exercise is good for your metabolism and bone density. Just doing cardio may keep you smaller but in the end you'll be flabby and who needs that? I was skinny fat my whole life because I didn't do enough resistance training, when i did it was like a whole new world. I have been 132 lbs and a size ten and 132 lbs and a size four. But i am not going to come on here and make believe I am an expert..i'm just a group fitness instructor that is AFAA certified..thats all...LOL

KELIJ i think when i'm divorced and settled i may buy a little dog. the thought of HAVING to walk my little friend seems like a good thing.

ASPEN shooting hoops is great exercise. I used to play with my boys all the time. It was definitely a Bronx game because inner city kids have nothiing except access to parks that have basketball hoops. No such thing as tennis and equestrian riding..LOL...

Love2b I remmber when i used to go to weight watchers we would talk about "the signal"..how many of us have that signal anymore/ we have it as kids and then train ourselves to ignore it. I can keep eating and eating way past the "i'm full" signal. Hard to train yourself to listen to it..great job with not overeating!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #341  

Hi all......i don't know what my strategy is for today.....all i had for breakfast were a few sausage links....I made a crustless quiche for lunch. I'll probably make fish for dinner with salad. it is raining so I don't think i'll be walking unless it clears up. It is a grey dismal day....i'm feeling very blah, have no plans of leaving the house or even getting out of my sloppy house clothes. scale is up a bit . My mini goal for today is to get more water down..drink until I float....
Old 07-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #342  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zumba-he definitely keeps me moving! He's about 5 yrs old 25 pounds, full of energy, but does like to lay around sometimes, too, so he's mot killing me...lol

The green peppers were good, no tomatoes for a long while

Not the best or worst day, got a 3.5 mile hike in the woods. We're at a music festival, so you know there's some temptations, but doing ok, drinking lots of water.

More later
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #343  

Good job Kelij....the music festival sounds fun! Nice job on the hike. Keep drinking that water!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #344  
a healthier me

keli: Fabulous that you did well with the temptations...and not only can you see all the different food but can smell it also. Had to be hard.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #345  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Thanks ladies! I guess I will continue lifting. -- I am actually tolerating it by now

Tomorrow I will step on my scale, I hope it is at its max 153 -- This past week off plan was not worth it! Instead of 152/153 I could have been at 148 -- BUT oh well, live and learn, at least I did not slip more than a week and some of the weight "gain" is just plain carb/water bloat.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote