Old 07-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Wow Sum....I'm impressed at the time and effort you're putting into this. After I'm divorced I may have to do the same, but I'm way too spoiled with organic and grass fed.....maybe if I go on enough dates I'll never have to buy food...LOL

Magic Im sending you hugs....it's important that we feel good in our skin....and feel that we are having a life....it goes by so quickly. My mom put on a lot of weight and let herself go and I know that it bothered my dad....but if he said something he was the bad guy...and if he didnt he was too....he couldn't win....I think my eating problems may be linked to me not wanting to become my Mom....she hated herself for being heavy...so sad.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #437  

Hey where is everybody? Aren't we coming down to the end of this challenge?

I had a tiny swoosh, but its the same swoosh I've been having the several months and I always manage to gain back the weight....so i'm not really excited, just hoping I can keep going this time. I'm surprised because last night I had bread and that bloats me right up.

I'm drinking more water with lemon and I feel that is helping to debloat me...bloating is a big problem of mine. I am having one ******** shake a day, and keeping off the carbs. Zumba instructor conference is in two weeks, i'm coming down to the wire !
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #438  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Day 3
bfast - Cinnamon and banana pancakes, bacon, eggs, OJ and grapes
lunch - Left over chicken (sandwich) and tuna casserole, carrots and watermelon
dinner - Jambalaya w/chicken, salad. Strawberries and whipping cream for dessert.
snacks - fruit, icecream, pretzels, peanutbutter
Cost apprx. $8

No one is yet to complain. Kiddies actually like it that I am making 3 meals per day I have lost a pound in 3 days as well Kids portions are big.

Where is everyone? Too busy enjoying summer?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #439  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I'm here, feeling good and very committed. Not to losing weight per se but to living a healthy life. Just finished making curried butternut squash soup for lunch. YUM!

Barring major illness, there is no way I will make my challenge goal of below 148. I was 153.0 today but feeling good. I'm considering my "happy" range to be 151-154. I'm ecstatic with how my exercise ticker is moving along. For me, if I'm exercising regularly, everything else just seems to fall into place.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #440  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

I'm here; kids are home for summer and it's quite condensed since we only have 5 weeks of hols here, so trying to pack a lot in. Cleared and re-painted my youngest d's room, cleaned out our BR today (not quite finished yet)

It's amazing how clutter, housework, and eating/exercise seem to be so interrelated. When I'm on top of some things, other seem easier, and I'm feeling like it's time to start a new chapter of my life, so time for a declutter

Making brown rice and veg for dinner.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm here too. Sadly not going to make my goal. 214.8 this morning. Could be ovulation. It has been about 2 weeks since my TOM. Not sure what happened well other than Cape cod and block island I need to get back to planning for a few weeks at least. House finally done and signed the contract yesterday. Need to sell the bedroom set which I will have to drop the price on because reality wise 2000 in this economy is unrealistic. Which is sad because it's much nicer than you will get at a furniture store for new but I understand that I can't give them 0% financing.
So I just have to meet with the realtor on Friday to pick up a couple of things and I am all set oh and I need to cancel garbage pick up.
Might actually make food at my house if I can find my counter tops. Ugh. Going to stop and get some corn on the cob on the way home and maybe do grilled chicken and salad with it.
Ok off to walk now. Will do personals tonight.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #442  

Another tiny swoosh....I feel like I have a grip on things for now....

Susan clutter is a big issue with me, I can't function unless things are in order so I totally get it.

I bought a car yesterday....my way of becoming independent....I'm sure I got ripped off...
Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #443  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Day 4

Need to finish all left overs

Bast -- Cereal, oj, fruit
Lunch -- Turkey and cheese sandwich/peanut butter sandwich, fruit, yogurt
Dinner -- Leftovers, salad, veggie
Sancks -- Ice cream, pretzels, apples with PB, fruit

Cost ?

I shopped for some more fruits and protein. I have used now $75/75. I expect to have rice, potatoes, cereal, peanut butter and some other items as leftovers for another week. I have all meals planned and I do not expect to need any more items for the week. So far so good. -- We have eaten wholesome food, nothing processed all week. -- I think too many people rely on the premade or frozen foods which are way too expensive or fast food. A whopper meal goes for $8... I have fed my entire family for the entire day for that amount. If I had shopped at Costco/Sams and bought items at bulk for entire month; I could have saved even more.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #444  
Fat to Fab and Fit

New car Zumba, congrats!!! What did you get?

Carma you sound tired I hope all goes well with mum's house sale.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #445  
Heidi

Sum, I totally agree on the reliance on prepared, packaged, processed, and convenience food. I can't believe that the stores sell onions that have conveniently already been peeled for you, but I guess people buy them. The other day I tried out a new no-frills grocery store (competing with Aldi's) and I was amazed by the high quality and low price of their greens. With the amount of juicing that I'm doing lately, I'll definitely be back. But it makes me realize what a luxury it is... that I am able to buy some things from Wal-Mart, some from the high-end local grocery store, some from Whole Foods, some from the little Italian store on the corner, some from the local farm stand, some from my organic CSA, and now some from this new grocery store -- all in pursuit of the highest quality at the lowest prices. Working mothers certainly don't have this luxury and are left with either spending way too much by buying everything at the high-end local grocery store, or by sacrificing quality and buying everything at Wal-Mart. There is no way that I could work full time and also shop and cook the way I do, so I imagine that's part of why people eat the way they do.

This doesn't even touch on the low income plight, of working 2 jobs for little pay, and living in areas that lack the excellent choices that I have, and having to get around on public transportation.

It's all very complicated. I admire what you are doing, and I bet your kids are learning a lot from it!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #446  

Sum....I bought a cute little mercedes gLK

New leaf...I think about that all the time....it's a luxury to have time to shop at different stores and make home cooked meals.....also I feel privileged to be able to buy quality....
Old 08-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #447  
Heidi

Zumba, I have had the GLK for 2+ years now and love it!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #448  

Oh wow new leaf, that makes me happy bc I'm so hoping I made the right decision....I just needed something small and reliable..just hope it handles well in snow...
Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #449  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Oh wow new leaf, that makes me happy bc I'm so hoping I made the right decision....I just needed something small and reliable..just hope it handles well in snow...
Yeah, snow is always the concern. Preceded by a line of Audis, Volvos, and Subarus, I'm hoping that the GLK performs well in the snow, too! The last 2 winters haven't really tested it. The one bit of advice that I have is to keep an eye on your tire tread. The standard tires that come with the GLK wear out very quickly. We replaced mine at the start of its 2nd winter, so after only owning the car for 1 1/2 years. I've got 29,000 miles on the car now, after owning it 29 months (nifty!) so it's not like its driven an exceptional amount. Just make sure you check yours before your 2nd winter.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #450  

Oh ok...I'll definitely watch....not crazy about what mercedes service costs but I need to have this car for a while so I'm keeping up with it...
It's a certified pre owned so I should have this until warrantee runs out in 2016?