Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

2 and a half weeks huh? Thankfully I only said below 210. Still doable. of course would have been more doable if I didn't have that 1/2 cup of lemon cookie cooler ice cream. But only a half a cup.
Keli: focus on fitness is good. Thanks for the me being inspiring pep talk. I am happy with the 38lbs off so far but seeing as I still have 75 to go it's a little daunting but I will get down there.
Sum: Gluten free is hard. I should probably think about doing it. I recently watched forks over knives. Thinking about the whole plant based diet. Told the kids that we would be doing one meatless day a week. They were like what. Once life calms down some and I can focus. There is a good website with recipes that goes with the movies. Some were gluten free as long as rolled oats are gluten free. If I remember right some brands were. There is a recipe for pumpkin pie squares sweetened with dates. Oh and happy belated anniversary. We were 18 yrs this year.
Zumba: glad you had a good day with your friend. Sounds like you needed it. Lemon water is yummy. I like adding true lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit.
Heidi: lol on the undies. Yum on the edemame.
Aspen: you're doing awesome. Can't believe how much your moving.
2FC: See you on the other side. Congrats on all your losses.
Guac: Hi, hope all is well.
Hi to anyone I missed.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Only a few more weeks of stuff at my Mom's and then it should be on the market. I can't believe some of the stuff the auction place didn't take. She had some lovely stuff and of course a lot of it is at my house now. I need to get rid of some of my stuff and have my own yard sale. Need to delegate a corner for it then have a sale in September.
My husband surprised me by telling me he comes home on Wednesday night. So I really need to get off line and go sort some stuff to figure out where things are going. Ugh.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #408  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone. All is well here. My DH and DSs were gone for 8 days, home last Saturday night. I had hoped to be really vigilant and lose weight while they were gone, but it didn't happen. My weight is hovering at 153, which frankly, I'm fine with. I pretty much feel like I am in maintenance. I'm really happy with how I look and with my fitness level, and as long as I stay where I am, I'm fine. Yes, I'd love to lose another 10 pounds, and yes I'm still chipping away at it -- but more in the way that most people feel like they have 10 vanity pounds to lose. I'm at my lowest weight since becoming pregnant with my first child almost 15 years ago, and I'm about 5 pounds away from fitting into a beautiful dress that I wore once when I was at my absolute thinnest and fittest ever. The size 10 Levis that I was holding onto from my thin days fit again. Other than that aforementioned dress, I don't have any clothes left to grow down into, so I went out and bought a pair of size 6 jeans on deep discount at Kohls just so I had *something* LOL

Sum & Zumba, I went to a consignment boutique today for the first time ever, and they had 2 pairs of WHBM jeans! Unfortunately, the ones I liked were a size too big, and the other pair would have been great to grow down into, but they had too much sparkle for my taste... bummer!

Carma Forks Over Knives really changed my DH's eating approach and he's lost 20 pounds since we watched it in March. We aren't doing a full-out vegan approach, but we are eating primarily vegetables and whole grains as much as we can. He even switched over to soy milk. Me, I was already eating primarily vegetables and whole grains, so it's been great to have him join me. If fact, for the 8 days everyone was gone last week, I ate vegetarian the whole time -- vegetables, whole grains, dairy. For me, totally doable. But I do have growing boys to contend with so I do still prepare meat. It's a little too late in their lives to cut them off (ages 12 & 14) but they're eating quinoa, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta now, which are all changes for them.

Oh, and on fitbits -- here is what I've learned (which I guess I already knew). My general tendency is towards inactivity. I have to get out and walk 3 miles or log a good chunk of time on the cardio machines in order to get in my 10,000 steps & 5 miles. If I live my normal life, I don't come close. So, it definitely has motivated me to move more. The great thing is that if I get out and walk 3 miles, that gets me about 40 flights of stairs right there LOL It's very hilly where we live.

Anyway, so there's my quick update. I don't think I'll make my challenge goal (under 148) but I"m still working. Honestly, I feel like if I ever step away from feeling like I want to lose just one more pound, then I'll be in trouble. For me, maintenance *is* wanting to lose one more pound; that's the mindset that keeps me in check. Ugh.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #409  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

Scale is working its way down, yay! I still have huge doubts about meeting this challenge weigh goal, but atleast I stopped the ugly upwards movement. My size 10's are fitting well again with a little bit looseness in them.

Plan for today

Meals
1- GF English muffin w/peanut butter (410)
S- Oikos plain low fat yogurt, strawberries (150)
2- Grilled shrimp w/veggies (340)
S- Tabbouleh (Homemade ) (230)
3- Chicken, rice and veggie (300)
S- Edy's Outshine fruit bar (70)
Total cal 1500

Exercise
8 mile walk (125 min)
Swim (60 min)
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #410  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

keli and carma: Thank you both so much! Not fun but I feel I need to work extra hard until goal or until I just can't any more. Once at goal and only needing to put in 30 to 60 mins a day will feel like a day in the park. lol

The pizza caused major, and I mean MAJOR, water retention. It is much better this morning but I still have quite a bit. I never had issues with sodium like this before. I honestly am unsure if I will eat pizza again. If I do I will have it on a none rest day and see if that helps.
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #411  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Aspen Sorry that your scale jumped. For me; Sodium+being 40 something with whacky hormones = scale all over the place It is just water weight and it will settle in a few days of clean eating.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #412  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Aspen- I think it's the sodium in the cheese, isn't it?! Drink lots of water, you'll knock it right off.

Having a good day today so far I did have a granola bar, off plan, but not totally.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all...I'm still being mindful of carbs and calories....haven't been walking...I lost my walking buddies! It poured like crazy before and we have a flood in the basement..yikes! But atleast we finally had rain....and things are cooler.....

I am so tired of hating my body....today I realized that I have a huge gut...I always took pride in my flat abs....sigh*****
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #414  

If I had another swoosh I could probably be 140 at the end of this challenge...but how do I do that?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #415  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

First thing you do is get your perspective back, Zumba. According to your stats, you're 5'5" and not quite 144 pounds. There is no way you have a "huge gut," so stop telling yourself you do; I have the impression you're just bringing yourself and your motivation to a standstill like that.

What are you doing to tighten your abs? No idea from here, but is it possible you should shift the focus from weight loss to fitness and living for a bit? Sometimes taking the pressure off yourself can loosen things up...

Good luck and love yourself.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #416  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Heidi Lots of WHBM stuff has "bling" They do make them without rhinestones as well. I like their jeans, they tend to fit me well. They run big in size. -- I just ordered a whole bunch of sale items with extra 30% off in size 6 My wardrobe ends at size 8 so I decided to take advantage of this fab sale and start building my smaller size wardrobe.

Zumba You have a gorgeous belly!!! If you gained there a bit, it will be first place to leave.

Magicsusan How are you? Haven't seen you around in a while!

Keli Yay for a good day!

Aspen Is the water retention gone yet?

Are you ladies interested in doing another challenge or should we just all move in to the monthly chat? I love the challenges, personally. Even now when I know I have no way possible actually meeting this goal, I am still trying extra hard to see how much closer I can get to my goal before this challenge ends. I even took an extra walk last night (planned) to push myself a bit

I had a good day yesterday. My calories were a bit higher than I intended to, only by 200 cal; but I did walk 120 minutes (8.2 miles) and swam 60 minutes. I was sooo hungry at dinner time.

Plan for today

Meals
1- Veggie omelet (300)
S- Apple with pb (150)
2- Salad with veggies, salmon and feta (350)
S- Corn chips and salsa (150)
3- Chicken, rice and veggie medley (350)
S- Outshine frozen fruitbar (70)
Total cal 1370

Exercise

Walk 4.7 miles 72 min
Weight Lifting 45 min
Elliptical 30 min
Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #417  
a healthier me

Major, MAJOR flushing the last two days. At one point yesterday afternoon I had to literally pee every 3 to 5 mins. It made walking more interesting. lol Glad I was walking indoors and could just make a detour to the bathroom.

The scale was very nice to me this morning, 146.6!

I am going to remain focusing on getting in extra water and extra walking today. Yesterday I did more then 40,000 steps...16.5 miles...my personal best.

Yesterday my son and his friend caught a 30 to 35 lb Carp. The thing was huge. They called me as they were wrestling the thing to shore. I, thank goodness, thought about grabbing the camera and sprinted down to the lake. Got some great pictures. His friend does a lot of fishing tournaments and usually as a scale with him but not yesterday, so the pounds were a guess.

edited to add: We only do catch and release, so after getting the pictures we sent him on his way.

Last edited by aspen13; 07-24-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #418  
a healthier me

Sum: I'm all for a challenge...but would be happy either way.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #419  

Wow....so much talk about my belly.....it is rather large for a person my size...I have been taking diurex thinking it may be bloat....but no,..this is where my body is storing fat now....oh the joys of heading towards fifty!

I had a bad day today..my 13 year old is being a nasty turd towards me....for no reason at all...I couldn't find my iPod so I couldn't get to work..no time to burn a CD...THAT'S GROUNDS FOR BEING FIRED! Still I was determined NOT to turn to food for comfort....had carby food for dinner but tried to keep portion small. I'm going to work out now with a DVD....

I HAVE decided to get a diversion from the diversion guy....I have a blind date tomorrow and nothing to wear.....hmmmmm.....here we go again....into the closet of nothing fits! Grrrrr....

Personals later...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #420  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Good luck with your date Zumba!!

I haven't been sleeping well whilst my DH has been gone. So I fell asleep yesterday afternoon and took a 3 hour nap. It felt good but it totally messed up my day and especially my exercise. -- Even with my nap, I was super tired at the gym. I did my weights but I only lasted 12 minutes (yes pathetic) on elliptical. I had done my walk earlier though.

Scale is up a tiny bit, but TOM is supposed to get here any day now and my boobs are like heavy water balloons. ( I took my biweekly measurements and they are 1 inch bigger than 2 weeks ago whereas everything else has stayed the same) I am hoping for post TOM whoosh back to the 140's.

Plan for today

Meals
1- Oatmeal and berries (200)
S- Tabouleh (200)
2- Salad with veggies, chicken and feta (350)
S- Dark chocolate (150)
3- Salmon, potato, veggie (550)
S- Frozen fruit bar (70)
Total cal 1520

Exercise
4.8 mile walk (72 min)
Swim (60 min)