Old 04-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #211  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

How great it is to check in today and "hear" all these positive comments!! I have had a great week with weight loss as well. I'm so glad others are enjoying the same results. Next week will probably not be a loss week for me as I am having to eat strangely getting ready for my upcoming surgery. Doc said to quit following Atkins and eat a more well rounded healthy diet this week leading up to a full liquid diet on Sunday and a clear liquid diet on Monday accompanied by two bottles of that nasty magnesium citrate stuff you have to drink to clean your system out. I feel like I will show a gain immediately upon eating some starches after having none for the past month except a little salad or cooked veggie. When I have gone off Atkins in the past that usually happens though. I am not gonna let it get me down though. I know what is coming and I know that as soon as the first week after surgery is over, I can get right back on the Atkins wagon and pick up where I left off getting closer and closer to my goal each week. I hope everyone has a great weight loss week next week.

Blessings,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #212  
Onward & Downward

Wow Sum I didn't know that it might really be a lot more than my elliptical says. Yay! You'll get there on your goal weight!

Lol Zumba thanks. I read when I'm on it and I just recently switched so the only time I'm reading my nook books is on the elliptical. Have to keep going to solve the murder mystery. Did about 30 min. today. Yay on the extra time for you today. Always nice to find a few moments to sit online.

Prom is here too tonight, Jennifer... ha ha for MY Jennifer (youngest, 17 yo). Her first time (junior). She is upstairs having a friend do her hair right now. Stick to your guns on the light drink and have fun.

Great job on the loss firegirl. Don't worry about gaining due to how you have to eat pre/post surgery. You'll knock it out as soon as you are on your feet again.

Last edited by LuvCats; 04-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #213  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Still struggling. Food has been a bit better the last few days but I haven't been tracking..I am eating more consciously though. DH was away on a business trip and now that he's back he's got terrible allergies/cold and is snoring like mad. I keep waking up after sleeping just a few hours and then am up half the night..think Tuesday was the last time I got more than a few hours sleep. No energy for exercise. I told DH I feel like a big wet noodle.

zumba, so glad you're getting out and having fun..nice to finally have some sun and almost warm temps no?

Jennifer, hope it warms up where you are soon..weather here has been crazy, 80 and beautiful one day and damp and 50 the next.

sum, you sound fantastic, keep it up!

2fc, you're amazing!

luvcats, great job on the exercise.

newleaf, you're doing great on the exercise goals, the rest will follow.

plainsgirl, nice run!

firegirl, you sound so determined, I know you'll do great!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday! The sun is shining, but it's still cold. It may get into the 60s, if it does I'm doing yard work. If not house work.

Zumba: hope your date was fabulous! I was good and only drank light beer last night (Yuengling Light isn't bad for 99 calories).

Natamars: I hope you get sleep soon. It's so hard to function without it!

Sum: you are rocking this!

I know I'm missing a lot, but I'm on the iPad and it's hard to scroll! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #215  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Okay, I fell off the wagon yesterday I had too much to eat, and I even had some wine which I had promised not to have -- The thing I learned. I feel bloated and gross this morning; I have felt wonderful each morning for the past 18 days... so these "fun nights" are not worth it. Live and learn. And in a long run one off day won't matter what comes to my overall weightloss. Dusting my self off

SW 165.6
CW 160 (up 0.8)
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

200.6, OneMorePound For Thus Challeng And
1DERLAND
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #217  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Jennifer your weightloss is spectacular!! Kudos to you for hosting a party for 150! And I thought my 20 person Thanksgiving dinners were tough... I think its great that you keep up with your social life; turning this process into a depressing and dreary one doesn't bode well for success...

LuvCats great job with the elliptical! A couple years back, I always used it as my reading time, too. Great way to stay motivated to keep on going. Hope your daughter had a good time at the prom.

2FatCats congratulations with meeting your BF goal!! I bet you look awesome!!

Sum38 good to see that you're getting into the weights, despite not enjoying them LOL Sorry you had an off day yesterday. But you know what to do, so just get back to it; I'm sure you already have.

Zumba glad to hear that the shakes are working for you. I hope you had a great date, and yes -- don't get down on yourself; it's not worth the mental energy.

FireGirl good luck with your upcoming surgery. Here's to a speedy recovery! Remember to follow doctor's orders and don't overdo it. Your weightloss is going so well; you'll be back to it in no time!

Natamars sorry to read that you are struggling. Not getting a good night's sleep, night after night, is tough. Hopefully you turn the corner soon.

Mboo Wow!! YOu are doing so well, and are so close to your goal!! Keep up the great work!!

Here, all is well. My whole family is away camping and I told myself that I was going to use this time to eat really well (ie, on plan), and not use it as an excuse to indulge. And, on plan it has been! They even called at noon to tell me they were back and hungry, and did I want to go to the diner with them?? But I already had my huge salad and small bowl of homemade lentil soup all set out, so I declined. Nothing much else to report. Yoga is going well; I'm enjoying it. I see that I have a lot of work to do on balance, and that there are plenty of ways to improve strength. So, 2 of 6 classes down, and I'm looking forward to the remaining 4. Here's to a great week, everyone!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I had to come in and take a break, so I thought I'd catch up on more personals! You all are helping me so much on this journey

Firegirl: Good luck in the surgery! Magnesium citrate sounds disgusting

Luvcats: Hope your daughter had a wonderful first prom. I bet she looked lovely!

Mboo: Onederland will be here before you know it! You are doing amazing on this challenge!

2FatCats: All I can say is WOW!

Heidi: Great job on your eating! I have a hard time saying no to restaurants! I'm thinking instead of kudos, I need a padded cell for thinking 150 people at my house in just 5 weeks is a good idea!

Today I weeded flower beds, ripped off porch carpet, took down a trellis, began widening a fire pit, and washed and lined dried all the drapery on my first floor. DH was also working the whole time, and we still have Soooo much to do! At least I burning calories and my house will look great! I still have to wash the inside of the windows and iron the drapes, then I plan on being a slug tonight!
I'm tired
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all..on the iPad so it's hard to type........had a fantabulous time with date...ate decently but wasn't on ********.....had wine and a quarter slice of cheesecake.....didnt weigh in today...but will be back on program tmrw.....this is going to be a very difficult week....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #220  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Woot! Woot! On a nice date with a handsome guy! Zumba

Jennifer How are your muscles feeling today after your gardening marathon? -- This year will be a strange summer for me. We sold our home of 15 years, that had a HUGE yard and very extensive landscaping; I spent hour after hour each week trying to maintain it...now we are renting and this house has no landscaping...the landlord is hiring a landscaping firm to do a brand new landscaping. The first year is always easy with a new garden Talk about taking a break!!

Heidi Awesome for staying OP! Did you enjoy your quiet house?

mboo 'tis the week!!!

natamars Sleep is so important. That is when we burn off the fat! -- I snore and since hubby works out of town each week, he says he can get some zzz's whilst gone.

LuvCats How was the prom? Does she have a steady boyfriend?

firegirl441 How are you feeling about the surgery?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Jennifer: you did so much work!!! I bet you burned a TON of calories...and your house looks great to boot!!!

New week has started....I'm hoping I can stick to my program.....i'm tired of writing it out and having it starred out...I wonder why 3FC hates Isa gen ix so much but other programs are allowed to be mentioned on here......anyhoo i'm afraid to weigh in this morning so I won't. back to the grind today. Have to teach a zumba class and then I'm driving to the city and then stopping at my lawyers office to drop papers off....oy vey...this is aging me so much. Court on thursday....bleh.....only highlight of my week, my son's bday on Wednesday....he's growing up so fast....he doesn't want to go out to dinner, he wants japanese take out.....I plan on ordering something healthy.......and having only a sliver of cake......

I want to wish everyone here a good day and healthy week....we can do this ladies!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #222  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Well my weekend was bad. I can't have wine, period. I did quite well all day yesterday, then dinner came and I had that open bottle of wine from nite prior and I told myself that I might as well and finish it before it goes bad...which I did and then my eating went crazy. So no more wine for me!

I did not dare to jump on that scale today I will give myself a few day break from the scale and hope to get rid of this bloat.

Today I don't have to volunteer at the Finnish center, so it will be a double workout day. I will do my 5 mile walk this morning and gym early afternoon. I really don't have any other plans for the day; I think I will clean my house.

Sending to all!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #223  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quick checkin from phone. Had a good day yesterday. Up a little, but we went out for dinner and I ate a meal. No angst. Knew I would be up today, and know that it's no big deal. I do like this new found confidence.

Off to the basement to exercise. Have great days, everyone!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #224  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Afternoon All!

I am BAAACCCKKKKK! In the gym, that is! It felt amazing to finally be back after two weeks of recovery! No loss of strength, added a bit to my deadlifts and feel stronger already!
Now - sun is shining, off to take the dogs on a walk. Our normal 'nice weather' route is 3.5 miles. Not sure if my older girl can make that anymore. I may have to loop back by the house and drop her off. Poor thing, I know how it feels when your joints ache!

I changed my siggy - I think I have met my goal. *gulp* Feels kinda weird... I don't feel done , though.

Wishing all a happy and sunny OP day!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #225  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Congrats 2FatCats!!

I can't wait to say those sinful words; "I am a maintainer!" It sounds delicious!