Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #181  
Onward & Downward

Plainsgirl: Interesting about your job. That is one of the positions I've been applying for. No go so far but I'm going to keep at it. I volunteer at the front (admitting) desk at one of our local hospitals here (not small or very rural but it isn't the (sister) huge trauma center either).

Sum: How many years has it been since 130? If it was teens or early 20s I don't think it really compares to our 40s. If it is a realistic goal for you though hang on to it and keep on plugging!

Newleaf: I enjoyed your travel story. It sounds like you had a great time. Great job on losing!

Zumba: Looking good! Keep it up!

Jennifer: WTG to lose over your anniversary! Terrific!

Mboo: Great job! Keep it going!

Nat: Ha ha I always do a double take when I see people call you Nat because I forget it isn't me. Great job getting back OP. Keep it up!

2FatCats: Lol I have not one but two red-head (aka bright orange although I'd get shot for calling it that) daughters. They definitely burn very easily too. Great job OP!

Yay I'm down again today after gaining a pound each the last 2 weeks.... back past that and then some for a total loss of 3.8 this week. Guess I worked at it more than I thought, lol. Met my WW mini goal and now the tracker is down so can't find out what is next. Grrr! Oh well I'm happy.

Last edited by LuvCats; 04-09-2013 at 11:39 AM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #182  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! I've been missing in action due to holidays and staycation with family. I haven't stepped on the scale in two weeks. TOM is here, I ate way too much over the holidays, and I am trying to get back on track. Every morning I wake up intending to jog or bike, and every morning it is pouring with rain. I logged my calories at 1200 yesterday, but I am really hungry today. So far, I have been on track, but I am starting to lose it! Have to get back into the routine after being off for 2 1/2 weeks.

Good luck today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

You Guys Are Awesome!!....JustSaying
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #184  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

LuvCats Unfortunately that picture is only 5 or 6 years old Being big is new to me -- I got really sick a few years back and they did not know what was wrong with me.... I was on 60mg of Prednisone for 8 months straight and that brought on the pounds and even after I was done taking that evil drug, the pounds stuck around. -- I just hope that I have enough motivation, this time around, to actually see through this weighloss journey. I think I am "ready", I hope!! So I am just taking a meal at a time and see how it goes....so far, so good. Congrats on your 3.8 pounds! Awesome!!

mboo We are all awesome, aren't we!!

guacamole I was thinking of you today!! When I started walking again, 2 weeks ago, my knee was REALLY bugging me, and I thought it would "blow" any minute. Hills were quite difficult to do. Today and the last few days, I have walked pain free....I remembered the article you posted how much each pound added stress to joints. I have only lost about 5 pounds in two weeks, but it is already making a huge difference what comes to pressure on my joints. -- I am glad to have you back!

2FatCats Sunscreen, Sunscreen and more Sunscreen!!! How is your recovery coming along?

newleaf123 Chug, chug, chug!

Plainsgirl We had a gorgeous morning! Sun was out. I went for a 5 mile walk. The minute I got back, clouds rolled in and it started pouring. I don't mind walking whilst it is raining tho, I find it quite soothing. I hope you had a nice workout at the Y!

Last edited by Sum38; 04-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Quick check in from work. I am having one of those crazy busy days--work from 7 am to about 6 pm and then have to go with DD to see a speaker at the local university. She gets extra credit for a comm class, but doesn't want to go along. By the time I get home after 8 pm. I will probably not want to walk. I am going to be very careful about what I eat for dinner though! I will definitely walk tomorrow
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Crazy days ahead getting things ready for attorneys,,,,hoping to see 145 by the weekend...in such a badvplacevrightbnow...life is out of control...I want to be able to control something....letnitbbe myweightbif not anything else!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #187  

Zumba: I'm sending positive thoughts your way! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Update on my weight so far this challenge:
SW: 183
CW: 178.2
GW: 173
I'm really hoping I can lose 5+ pounds by May Day!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #188  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Woot! Woot! I entered in to a new decade! We shall see if it sticks, but this morning I was 159.8
It was such a big relief not to see that 16x.x on my scale.

ETA: I only have 0.8 lbs to go to meet this goal.

Last edited by Sum38; 04-10-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #189  

Congrats!! Sum38!! A new decade!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #190  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Sum Way to go on the new decade! Recovery is going very well- minimal cramping and such. My post-op isn't until 08May - doc wanted to wait 6 weeks to see if it 'took'.

I made it a new decade, too - 149.4 - still puts me at 21.0% bf...argh. So close. Normally my weight will drop a few pounds before my measurements change- no biggie- it'll happen soon enough.
Biggest challenge now - maintaining my healthy lifestyle. I find myself occasionally thinking "I'm not overweight so I can totally eat whatever I want...and however much I want" Then I catch myelf and realize that is the first step that leads me right back where I started. *Sigh* Guess it's never really 'over' is it?

Hope all are well and snow-free ... there is a winter weather advisory for us tomorrow. Yippee.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #191  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am so incredibly proud of myself! When I started this challenge, my goal was to get some exercise, and with each passing day I have tried doing something and for the past 2 weeks, Wednesdays have become "double" workout days...so this morning I did my 5 mile walk (... I am getting faster; 4mph the whole way) and the plan was to hit the gym sometime early afternoon. -- Turns out my landlord had called a plumber to come over and he of course gave 4 hour window 12-4pm AND he of course showed up 10 to 4...he did what he needed to do and left around 5 pm. OLD me would had said: "what the heck, it is late let's skip the weight lifting, and I already walked anyways" ~ sat on a couch, had a glass of wine and watch some tv. BUT the new improved me said "you made a plan and you are going to stick to it" So to the gym I went and lifted those horrid weights

I may sound silly, but it was a huge milestone for me.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #192  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Zumba Good luck with all the lawyers; I'm sure emotions are running high. Great job getting into the 140s!! Feeling lighter yet??

Natamars Hope all's well and that your weigh-in yesterday was a good one.

Sum38 You are doing so well; I'm so happy for you! All the exercise, the movement into the 150s, all just excellent! Meeting your goal is right around the corner; WTG! It doesn't sound silly at all, being psyched about sticking with your plan. It seems that we all just teeter on the cliff of success, and so easily can shift in the wrong direction. Every time that we don't is cause to celebrate!

Plainsgirl How's everything going?

Mboo Fingers crossed that you break into the 190s soon!

Jennifer I'm glad you had an awesome anniversary!! And you are doing so well with your weightloss. WTG!! Did you get your walk in today?

2FatCats You are doing so well with your weightloss, and I am confident that once your restrictions are lifted, your BF# will zip down to where you want it to be! Take it easy until then. Drs orders, right?? I enjoyed yoga on Friday, looking forward to it again this Friday. Amazing about the thought reel in your head, it comes back so quickly. Glad to hear it was only a passing thought. Your strength over the last 4 months has been incredible and inspirational.

LuvCats Good job with the downward momentum again; I'm sure that feels great! Nice loss!

Guacamole Nice to see you again. I hope you're easing back into routine nicely.

JuneM, Winnie72, trukmek, Agalinfl, petra, firegirl441, Chellestime, SmartBlonde, Solace, Val69, KarenLee, and Enid you've all been quiet for awhile. Update us when you can! I'd love to hear how you're doing

Here, things are going well. I'm feeling really positive. I'm coming up on 1 year of working on my health and fitness, and marvel at how far I've come. Weightloss is slow, but all is good.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #193  
Fat to Fab and Fit

According to my TOM app on my phone; it is ovulation time! Usually I gain a pound or two at this point. Scale held the 159.8 from yesterday, I sooo don't want to see 160 again even if I KNOW it is just hormonal fluctuation. Finger crossed I am not expecting any more downward movement for the rest of the week.
Today marks the first day of week #3 of my healthy lifestyle. I am simply amazed of myself. I have been such a whimp and quitter in the past and usually given up after a few days.

Plan for today
Main calories
1023 + snacks
Exercise
Walk 5 miles (and clean my house)

SW 165.6
CW 159.8

Have a fab day ladies!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #194  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba Thinking of you!! Good luck and stay strong

newleaf123 Congratulations on your year milestone. That is marvelous!! I hope I will have 1/2 of that will power you have demonstrated.

2FatCats Congrats on your new decade! I think I should start logging my bodyfat. I know the scales are not 100% accurate, but it would be interesting to see the trend.

Jennifer you can go it!! It is just slightly over 1 1/2 pounds per week to lose. No more wine until 5 pounds are gone
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Wink

Sum-WAY TO GO!! I know exactly how you feel when it FINALLY clicks and that scale starts moving in the Right direction. You have been doing so incredibly well the last 3 weeks and its starting to show on the scale. Best. Feeling. Ever.

Jennifer- Very cool that the little ones are starting to notice your hard work! And even cooler that they ASKED if it was rude to notice and remark on it. SOMEBODY is doing SOMETHING right teaching them that....I bet their teacher has something to do with it....

2FatCats-You inspire me. Truly. When I grow up I wanna be just like you! But right now...working on getting the scale to just keep going down already is my biggest hurdle...

NewLeaf- Im doing ok. Thanks for asking... Im still having a hard time NOT watching the scale bounce around. My exercise is getting more consistent but its the eating/drinking of alcohol that is getting in my way. Not that I drink A LOT....just a glass of wine here or there or a few light beers out with friends once or twice a week...(like those 64's or 55's)... I didn't do that the first time around. Coincidence?? I don't think so...

Zuba- keep on keeping on... I don't know you very well yet but you seem to me to be a very strong women. And yes...I agree...when everything else in your world is out of your control it helps to concentrate on something that we can control....just keep it healthy lady!!

Sooo...yesterday I was finally seeing a downward slide...getting closer to my starting weight of this challenge...147.4....I did a second day of Jillian Michaels "6 week abs" OUCH!! I had forgotten what a full body workout that was... Anyway...ate VERY well yesterday....lots of water, veggies, hot green tea...And ended up having 1 glass of wine and the last 2 pieces of frozen pepperoni pizza...as soon as I woke up I could feel the bloating in my hands and face. 149.6. Why oh why do I do this to myself?!?! I wanted soooo bad to see 139._ by May 1st.... I don't know if stepping on that scale is helping me or not. I mean...my whole body is sore from Jillian...I know that there is SOME water retention just from that alone...but im not blind enough to know that the pizza and wine is the biggest part of that. It took me a better part of a week to get the anniversary/birthday/easter weight off...im running out of steam...

OK...pitty party over. Time to get my running clothes on and get to the y for a run on the dreadmill...its cooled of here after big storms rolled though yesterday...

Have a great day ladies!! Keep on keeping on!!!
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote