Old 05-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #31  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

The sun came out just as Mom and I were leaving the luncheon, from the past few weeks it sounds like all we do is eat at luncheons but this is actually rare for me.

Did a 45min cardio/weights circuit DVD, which I haven't done in a while and decided I wouldn't do again. Mostly cardio, with pushups and jumping jacks as most the 'strength' portion. I can't drop to the floor in the middle of cardio and do pushups unless I want to pass out on the way back up.

Natz, welcome glad to have you join us. good job on the workouts

Chica, Can't help you with the diet. I'm on a hunger plan; nothing is off limits however I still need to make wise choices, but I can only eat when I'm truely hungry and must stop before I'm 'full'. This is the only way I can keep my emotional eating in check.

Sillycat, are you following a workout plan??
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #32  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

What a beautiful warm day here finally( sun & 88), back to 50 degrees & cloudy again tomorrow. This nice weather doesn't last long around here, 1 day! My daughter seems to be feeling better, I'm making her eat dinner now. But she doesn't always tell me when something is wrong, she only tells me when she herself is starting to worry. I wish she would be more open with me, you know 16yr. olds are. This is the second day of lower calories, dropped 2 lbs of water weight already, and I'm feeling much more energy since I'm not eating so much(1300-1400). I was eating too much at my meals and feeling way too full, that makes me feel tired & sluggish. This is the calorie range( 1100-1200) I was in when dieting 2 yrs ago, no wonder I felt great back then. Wish I would have figured this out sooner, I wouldn't have gained so much weight. I had it in my head that I wasn't eating enough to get the nutrition i need. This was because of my nosy inlaws, they still think I live on only fruit & don't eat right. Little do they know!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #33  
Passionate About Wine

S/C/G: 199.6/195.0/150

Height: 5'5''

I discovered something about myself yesterday that will help my weight loss journey. I'm a stress eater/wino. Since I cut wine out of my diet two weeks ago, I haven't missed it at all. Yesterday was a day of one crisis after another. I put 80 miles on my car just jumping through bureaucratic hoops. I actually drove the autostrada loop around Naples twice running between offices. That's like driving the 495 beltway loop around DC twice at the height of business traffic. HORRIBLE. By the end of the day, I was craving bread and a glass of wine. I worked through it, although I overate at dinner (healthy choices/poor portion control). That's good to know about myself because I'm pretty sure most of my calories come from my passion for wine. So the lesson for the day for me... whine + wine = weight gain.

fruitlady: I'm interested to hear how your daughters appointments go. I have a personal history with lightheadedness/passing out as a teenager and I'd share my input on EKG's and other things if you're interested. I also have an almost 16 y.o. daughter.

sillycat: I'm interested in a kickboxing program, either for the Wii, PS3, or DVD. Any suggestions?

Zumbachica: The non-diet method doesn't work for me, either. I give myself too many excuses, and negotiations, and then quit worrying entirely.

Natz: Welcome. Congratulations on the 10 pounds!

Patchworkpenguin: Enjoy the sunshine!

Nationalparker: I love the story of your letter from your brother and your fathers response to the trash. Please let him know they are still on strike. I'm pretty sure, they do it monthly. For jobs in Italy, a B & B sounds great. You'd need a hook though that would separate you from the pack. I found it very easy to find work teaching english at a private Italian school. I'm not a certified teacher, but that isn't a requirement here. Other friends support themselves here teaching art, music, and various other things from their homes. There are lots of American women here married to Italians, but that doesn't work for you. The other major profession I see for women here is probably not a good plan either. You'll have to ask your father about that one. My kids refer to this occupation as "ladies waiting for the bus."
apassionato di vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 AM   #34  
shiny

S/C/G: 190/176.5/145

Height: 5'4"

okay... so... i hardly hve been posting, so i'm still kind of 'new' even though i've been a member for quite a few months...

Just had to share that I weighed myself recently after a month and a half and found that I'd lost almost 4 pounds...

shinyroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning,

Ate too much yesterday, but not bad choices. Just too much. Weight didn't change. Still having trouble adjusting to my new workout schedule, but having my mornings available for other things is working so well for me that i don't want to go back to morning exercise.

Welcome--Natz and Shiny.

Have a good day, all.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #36  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good day, all! Made a yummy quick dinner last night after running some errands, then DH and I leashed up the dog for a trail walk before the rains came. Kicked back and watched The Green Hornet (more for him than me, but it's not really HIS kind, either, but I thought it'd be...) ... Conked out and up early to workout this morning. YAY! Treadmill for a bit and then on the trail with the pooch again. She came home and walked right back into her crate to sleep more.

Shiny - Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work - four gone for good, right!!?

Apassionato - we keep following the strikes and laughing - I told my hubby to keep alert for anyone saying Sciopero (no idea how to spell that) in case the CV stopped running or TrenItalia, etc. I wanted to make sure we didn't get too waylaid ... When i was there before we had the "campfire girls" who stood by a little fire to be picked up. Glad not much changes... ha ha... We were jokingly tossing around the idea of a B&B that allowed pets... ahhh ... fun to dream.

PP - So how was the luncheon - enjoy it? Or mainly enjoy the sun afterward? It's a rarity these days. I'm working on your method - i want to stop when I'm not hungry, rather than when I'm not full. It worked GREAT for me a few years ago. Seemed effortless.

Annie - How are your mother's day plans coming along with your sons? Looking forward to it?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Sorry, just can't resist!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg star wars day.jpg (38.1 KB, 2 views)
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Well, I never did find time to check in yesterday. Things are going well here. Finger is slowly healing. I just keep it covered because I keep bumping it and don't want to start it bleeding again. Had a nice supper with my boys both Mon. and last night. We are planning our little day trip for this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, it is to be my own Mother's Day celebration. Still trying to decide if we are going to do a picnic or get a meal there. There is a neat restaurant I want to try. We WILL be taking a hike while there and seeing lots of neat things. Not sure if we will go Sat. or Sun. I am going to wait and see which day will be less windy and then decide.

Welcome to our new faces!! Just love seeing our group grow.

I'll do an official weigh-in tomorrow/Fri. and report it then.

Made a nice "taco" salad to bring for my lunch today. We had grilled chicken soft tacos last night for supper. This morning I got a big bowl and put lettuce, cilantro and tomato in and added a baggie with a few tortilla chips to crumble on top and a container of salsa for dressing....forgot the light sour cream, darn it! Have a serving of the chicken to heat and put on top, too. Also some watermelon we had last night, too.

Not going to try to catch up on personals, but Kitteh, loved your suggestion for my finger-cut story! Dragon indeed.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #39  

Annie, glad your finger is doing better. Cute Yoda picture.

NP, I atteneded the luncheon more to promote the knitting lessons for the Prayer Shawl group but it was a mother/daughter luncheon and there were 3 speakers. The lunch itself was a salad plate covered with greens but no dressing, 1/2 c quinoa salad which was very vinegary, 4 chunks of fruit, 1/2 c of chicken salad and a cracker. Dessert were little raspberry muffins which I didn't try because I don't like raspberries. So basically I was starving when I got home! The 'hunger' method seems to be the best way for me with all my food issues also, I've done it before and it worked. There's a fine line between 'no longer hungry' and 'stuffed' for me so I'm still working on that. I don't like to use the word 'satisfied' because I don't feel that applies to me very often. I usually want to keep eating regardless.

Shiny, my mind wants to make up a 'shiny' and 'new' joke to entertain you but I'm not getting very far. Good job on the 4lbs

Vino, love the 'whine + wine = weight gain." Good insight!

FL, I'm glad you and your daughter are both feeling better. I'm glad you found a calorie range that works for you.

Cardio, finishing yesterday's laundry, and other fun stuff for today. Mother's Day is coming and I picked out some beads to make my Mom a necklace. I usually use wire or thread but I'm going to try fishingline. Since I'm not very good with transparent things Hubby is going to help me.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Morning Everyone, welcome to guacomole and vino!

Kitteh - I so feel the same way about being in recovery for addiction. sometimes I wish my addiction would be something different! it is hard work every day!

Annie hope your finger feels better.

Welcome back zumbachia

This sounds dumb but I hit my middle toe on one of my hand weights this moring and now my toe hurt so bad I can barely not walk on it. I am hoping to get out a lunch for a bit at least and hike. Played tennis last night after half hour of steps and upper body wieghts. Hubby and I are loving this game and feel 20 again ( as this was how old i was the last time I played).

Good foodwise yesterday thank goodness. havent weighed for a while but must have lost some weight last month as I ate a ton of chocolate for about 5 days straight last week but did not gain any weight. 8 mini milky ways, a whole large bag of m&m's on the 8 hour drive plus a burger and bag of chips and a donut and I know there wasmore I just cant remember. Seems when ever i have gone on a trip in the past I do well on the drive there and on the whole trip and then on the drive home i eat anything and everything, go figure.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #41  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi penguin, Annie and fruitlady

Good to see you, it's been a long while ...

Hello to Everyone else also
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #42  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Welcome back, Ashley! How was the trip - have fun shopping? Have everything else go okay?? Glad to hear you're having fun with tennis - hope you're still not having to shovel the snow off the courts!

Hi, Love2B150
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #43  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Still here and trying to do my thing. Every day has ups and downs in my diet. I tend to cave in to temptation later in the afternoon or dinnertime. Hoping to stay strong today. Might go for a walk in a bit. Emotionally, I'm also up and down worrying about my son and dealing with the different players in his treatment. It's hard being an advocate for him sometimes when I feel it's a constant battle. Sometimes I get tired of fighting.

@ashley: vacations are horrible for diets! I don't think I have ever eaten healthily on a vacation. I suppose we must build trips into our diet plan, and figure on going off plan during those times.

Last edited by guacamole; 05-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #44  

I Can report 55min kboxing = 730cals

Ashley, good to have you back! I'm always stubbing my toes or just plain walking into things.

Love, good to hear from you again.

Guac, I've noticed that if I don't eat enough in the mornings, I'm hungry the rest of the day regardless of how much/often I eat. Grrr!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

The snow is gone!!!!! finaly and grass is finally starting to turn green again. It is 12c today amazing walk at lunch even though it was shorter and slower caues my toe.

NP - how was the green hornet movie hubby and i want to see it. Not much shopping in Great falls only have a small jc penny walmart and herbergers (which i have not heard of before) Got the grandkids clothes at herbergers at a good price. Yes I said wallmart, and have to confess i had a good time at wallmart. There are alot of things i can by radically cheaper there then at home one example a $15 of alergy pills here is only $4 there and many item the US has that we dont'. got a few $10 Zip up lightweight hoodies which was great and a nice pair of active wear pants at JC penny for half price. And hubby got a few things too. My big shop will be in Sept in spokane where they have a kohls too! I can't wait. Our dollar is a little more now so am changing some money this week.

guacalmole - I think while I am on vacation my mind is filled with other things then i don't get so tempted with food but if I am camping then I eat everything in sight... sheesh, I too struggle in the afternoon often.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote