Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #46  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

love2b150- Hi! Welcome back!

Apassionato- Thanks, I'd like to hear about your tests, did they ever find out what it was from? Dr. just ordered an EKG & an stomach ultrasound, we'll be getting them done tomorrow.

I'm worried about Kristen( my daughter), but I have this feeling that all the tests will be ok. Mother's intuition? I really think it's more like a stress & depression thing. When she explains the symptoms to me, I relate it with my own experience that I went through when I was in my 20's. You don't feel like eating, your tired all the time, can get lightheaded or fainty.. She did say it was better right now, but not perfect. Dr. said mine was anxiety & depression due to fatigue & stress, I was working 3 jobs! Kristen is stressed from school(gifted & Advanced placement classes) & a boyfriend that keeps breaking up & then wants to get back together. It's so hard to be a teenager!

As for me, my food issues are not important right now, but they still exist. Keeping with my reduced calories, I crave sweets sometimes, am able to control myself much better. I think for me, when i get in the habit of eating more & consuming more carbs, it just leaves me wanting more & more. So this is how I stayed away from all processed food for 12mo. while losing the weight in the first place, with no cravings, I didn't even want it! I think the more carbs you eat, the more you want. Does anyone else find this to be true??

Did my exercise, had 1154 calories & lost 4 lbs so far!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #47  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Add-on workout. 30min steady state on the TM = 270cals
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #48  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Walked for 40min. Windy & 50's today, doesn't feel like spring at all. Sticking to my plan & lost 5 lbs in 3 days! Kristen gets her tests done today, poor kid.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #49  

I did the 35min 'easy' version of a kettlebell dvd called AOS Firepower. A lot of the exercises use two kbells so I modified by alternating my one. Usually after kbells my back ends up hurting in a bad way but, I am happy to report, today was good. A few weeks back I noticed a tendancy to hunch my upper back, so I've been very careful to improve this posture, and I think that helped. The workout ends without a stretch so I added that on my own while watching the 'bloopers' section!

Knitting class went well, about 7 students and 3 of us that knew how to knit. We are starting with an easy scarf to be donated to Youth Village.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

after lunch already, so busy at work now for the next while, went for a good hike at lunch toe feeling better.

FL - i agree with the more carbs i eat the more i want and I don't feel as satisfied , for me i think it is because i feel more satisfied and dont crave stuff when I eat high protein it is what I want most of the time. I hope your daughter is feeling better. sounds like there is alot in her life and having stress can do so much to us. it makes me very fatigued and want to eat carbs!

Penguin, sounds like your exercise is going well. I have to chuckle at your knitting class though. although I would love to sit and knit in the evening after our horrible winter a scarf is the last thing i want to knit right now but my most favorite for when it is cold.

Yesterday went okay foodwise cept i went to see my grandson in the evening without eating dinner and on the way bought my daughter in law a card and some cheesecake (her favorite) she is long lean and gorgeous and cheescake is her favorite, so anyways bought a loaf of french bread and had almost eaten the entire midde of it by the time i got to her house and that was my dinner. I guess it was better then eating a high fat meal of burger and fries.... or a whole large pack of m & m's... it was actually quite good plain bread with nothing on it. I should have eating some dinner at home before i left.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #51  

Ashley, I think the plan is to stockpile these items until winter, lol, hopefully not at MY house as we have storage issues as it is! Since I've been making prayer shawls this winter I've been able to snuggle under them and be warm. This coming summer is going to be a different story, however; I'm thinking of ways to knit/crochet small pieces together so I don't have the weight of them on my lap.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #52  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello - finally a gorgeous but cool sunny day. Dog training this evening. Nice time to be outside.

Subway for lunch - and have yummy leftover chicken saltimboca from last night's dinner. Heading out of town for the weekend tomorrow morning and need to pack and clean when we get back at 9 tonight. DH was off today and worked on getting oddball things done - like getting more pet food, etc. so less errands to run this evening.

Haven't weighed in a few days - but have been on track - just really haven't THOUGHT of it - nice way to be (unless the scale shows a jump up!) ... everyone have a great weekend - early!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I will try to make a longer post later, but I just wanted to share something. I haven't painted my toenails in a long time, maybe even a year. I'm doing that tonight....and I must say, it is so much easier to do them now than when I was 191!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 172/159/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for the welcome!

Fruitlady-good luck I hope it is good news only for your daughter.

Penguin: What workout dvds are you currently using. I use several and am still trying to find my favorites. I don't have a kettleball so when I rented the Jillian Shred-It with wgts., I was disappointed. I do do Shred-it but am a little bored of it.

A few questions if I may:
1. How do I get the nice weight line charts you guys all have?
2. How can I get emails to keep up with threads I have posted to?

Thanx all!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TOO!

Natalie
Natz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #55  
ugggg.....

Happy Mothers Day to all!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi everyone! Seems like I only do drive-bys lately and today is no different, sorry.

Saw 156 on the scale this morning. I don't have the heart to change my ticker, but if it hasn't gone down by next week, I'll change it. Woke up this morning and my right knee is worse. It has been stiffening up on me when I sit/sleep/lay down for any length of time and this morning it was worse. I was able to exercise (3 miles) after it loosened up. Right now I can barely walk on it if I've been sitting down at all. It finally comes back around, but something is def. wrong. Going to see the orthopedist Mon. afternoon. Hoping he doesn't tell me to stop walking, I really need to keep up the exercise.

Not sure if we will get to take our day trip tomorrow or not. I'll see how my knee feels this evening and in the morning.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #57  

Not much going on today. I'm sore from my workout and I hate being sore! So I'm grumpy also. I'm trying to keep active so I don't get stiff, but need to do some cardio to loosen up.

Mother's day plans involve going to early service then meeting Mom and Dad for Brunch, then later visiting MIL. Tues is our 14th Ann so we are trying to think of something fun to do Mon.

Natz, My favorites instructors are Cathe Freidrich, Margaret Richard, and Kelly Coffey-Meyer; I own most of their workouts, plus a whole lot more {I stopped counting around 300}. When I started to exercise I was renting VHS from the library, then I taped workouts from FitTv {which I think has since been cancelled?}, then I started buying.... I'm a member of VideoFitness forum http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php which is how I learn about various styles of workouts, which led to such a big collection, LOL. I'd be happy to recommend some specific titles if you are interested and give me an idea of what you are looking for.

Can't help you with emails, but you have to have 20 posts + be a member for 20 days before you can get a ticker.

Annie, I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it isn't something serious. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #58  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Annie- Hope you knee gets better. Mine has been like that for years, mine gets worse from exercise & better if I sit and rest it during the day. A hot bath for 30min works too. I don't let it stop me!

Thanks to all for your concern for Kristen!

Nice day, sunny & 70! Went to the Game Preserve to walk for 35min., we saw an Eagle sitting up in a tree, it was great, I never saw one, they are huge! Kristen seems to be eating better & is feeling better, but perfect. Test results will come back on Tuesday, I have a good feeling that everything will be ok. With all this stress I usually cave with food, but I'm sticking to it. I went over my calories by 200, but that's ok. I had to have two small pieces of candy. I'm losing weight steadily so I'm happy.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Annie, sorry to hear about your knee hope it gets resolved soon, seems like you have had one issue after the other for a while now, I will say a little prayer for you!

FL glad you are doing better with your food, you must be happy for that.

having a bad day foodwise been eating chocolate and fries for lunch plan to stop this insanity! did so good for a few days and want to keep it up.

Wanted to walk at lunch but a little concerned, saw a bunch of military dressed guys walking alone the path yesterday from my office window and learned today they were out on a training 10K run and one of them went missing, still missing ..... the river has hills on both sides now they are searching the river, how could they not notice one of them was missing, they didnt notice till the run was done and they waited for him and he did not return. Trying to keep updated and watch the news, this certainly cannot be good. He has a wife and 2 kids.

Going to work thru lunch and leave early...

Happy mothers day to all!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Ashley that is just horrible about that missing man! I hope they find him alive....

Hello everyone. I'm hanging in there and kind of nervous about the weekend. I hope I can stick to my eating plan. My son's party is going to have pizza and cake..and Sunday we are going to a ncie restaurant for mother's day..I have to keep my eye on the prize...it isn't easy.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote