South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Wed Chick Chat- Happy Hump Day

Morning chicks thought I would get us started. I am on my way to work in a 1/2 hour have to work out at the store today. It turned out sunny here yesterday but today is gloomy again. What's happening on your part of the beach today?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:55 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Hi little chick! I'm headed to work as well! I really don't want to, I rather stay in bed...oh well. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #3  
Darrell's Girl

Morning!

I'm getting ready to wake up my kids for the last day of school. Today is my daughter's 5th grade graduation. I bought her a cute outfit and new sandals (all in the women's department! (who told her she could grow up so quickly???)... she is so excited...

heck, i'm just glad to have the day off of work!

I'll pop in later....gotta hit the shower!

hugs!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:26 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whizzing through! It's sunny but windy this morning - a great day to hang out washing....except I did it all yesterday and hung out just the sheets.

I had coffee on the deck with The Girls this morning. Lucy was all excited and kept putting her paws on my lap for extra petting. The season has officially arrived ....for today anyhow.

I am planning to plant this morning and will go to the Greenhouse for a few hours early in the afternoon. If there is time and energy after that, I'll plant the urns at the Church.

Have a happy day, chickies, whether it be at work or a graduation or just hanging out!

Old 05-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by for me this morning. It is DD's 8th gd Graduation. Every other year it has been at night and a big ta do but now they have decided it was to much trouble which really upset DD. Especially since DS had it last year! After that it is off to lunch and shopping with DD and MIL. I better get goin. I have to get DS up and wrapped to shower so I can shower and we can be there by 8:30! Have a great day all!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:43 AM   #6  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

It's going to be a pretty nice day here today especially since I'm down another pound. WOO HOO!

I'm at work already. Came in at 6:30 so I can leave at 3:00 to catch my sister's lacrosse game (she's the coach).

Have a wonderful hump day!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:04 AM   #7  
Gryffindor Pride

Well, it's another freezing, rainy day today on my side of the beach. Must be hurricane season in my region of the tropics. Had to be at work at 8:00 today, which means I woke up at 6:00am and really just wanted to stay under the blankets. I was all set to cook breakfast this morning but when I woke up I had no motivation, it was so cold and yucky. So I grabbed some lemon pie (the "dessert for breakfast bars" from Phase I ideas) and some tomato and ran out the door into the rain. Bleh! Day 3 and counting on Phase I for me, though.
I hope everyone has a great morning!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #8  

good morning, beach bums

yesterday went well, except for a minor mishap in which i realized that i bought five boxes of regular, SUGAR jell-o, instead of sugar free. i made one box, licked the spoon and thought, "hmm, this tastes funny." so i check the box, and lo and behold -- SUGAR. i sort of freaked and and started spitting out the tiny bit that was in my mouth. i'm really serious about this no sugar stuff. i don't want a single molecule invading my body for the next two weeks

this morning we tried that belgium waffle recipe with eggs and ricotta. MMM! it's good! i couldn't believe there was no flour in there. i wonder if there's any sugar free maple syrups out there? maybe davinci?

one other thing. do you guys know the difference between "diabetic safe" and "SBD safe" (for P1)? there's a local ice cream place that carries a product called "skinny dip" and it's "diabetic safe." i think i'll definitely get it during P2 (with nuts, of course!) but i'm wondering if it's safe for P1.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #9  

good morning chicks.
Its really really gross outside..it makes getting out of bed much like getting out of bed in the middle of winter...
anywho...I changed about 3 times this morning...even though i had picked out what i was going to wear the night before...I made the cheesecake smoothie this morning and it was delicious!
I brough mozzeralla and some cherry tomatos for lunch today...I cant beleive I am almost off phase1.....kinda nervous to begin phase2 but i wouldn't mind some sourdough bread with my coffee in the am!

Ruth you are so lucky you can actually go outside to drink coffee..if you did that here you would get blown away and really soaked!!!

*still haven't gotten my period yet..sorry if TMI but its bothering me...i am gonna give it a week more and if still nothing then off to the Doctors I go!

In reality i did lose 6 1/2 pounds in a week so my body is trying to ajust

*OH and I updated my profile pic...thats my engagment pic

love yeah have a great day!!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:29 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning!

Bamie, that's too bad about DD's graduation. Will you do something for her instead? Maybe she could get together with a few friends for a special night out?

Sky, too funny about the jello.
I'm not sure about the diabetic safe stuff... anyone else? Ruth?

I've got to run... I'm behind schedule... will try to get back in later... have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Diabetic Safe is different from SBD Safe. We'd have to check out the ingredients. I googled it and just found diabetic exchanges - two starches, by the way.

The Girls just came in looking lovely with white petals in their fur. They've been playing under the apple tree! I picked a big bunch of lily of the valley and they smell just gorgeous! I love flowers in my bedroom.

I'm outta here too! My garden is calling.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:35 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

We're still in the rainy windy pattern Yikes!!! They say no change until next Tuesday. I really feel sorry for the tourist up here,nothing to do be shop.

Speaking of shopping I heading out to the Mall to find a Pentant setting & earring setting for our opal gems,that we bought last year while we were vacationing in Mexico. Dh hopes we can find them as he wants me to have it for my birthday . My weight went up.5 this morning not worried I think is water.

Jenn BIG CONGRATS on your engagement. Did have time yesterday to post,Have fun picking out the ring.

Little Chick Thanks for starting us up this morning,enven thought the weather is [blah] we have each other. to come to.

MarineTubaMom Have fun at your daughters graduation.Its a amazing how fast the children grow up.

Ruth Your lucky you have a deck to have your coffee, we lost ours during the last wind storm in Feb. and finally next week it going to be fixed.Than I too can have my coffee & drink it out there. Have fun at ther greenhouse.

Bamie have fun at your daughters graduation also. Gee!! Lots of grads on this board.My grandkids are graduating from nursery school In two weeks.

MallynAllyMom have a good time at yours sisters game.Even if she the coach

Have a nice day Ladies Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-25-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Y'all!
I haven't been able to get on the computer in days, either no time, or one of the kids is on here.
I completed my orientation for the hospital, and today I have to go in for department orientation in the pharmacy. I don't start really getting trained until either monday or tuesday. But that's good, my sister is coming to stay with me over the weekend. She'll be here for my DD's high school graduation! I am looking forward to my sister being here! We're great canoe partners! I love to go canoing with her, and we are hoping to go hiking too! I can't wait!
I feel like I've lost touch with everyone on this thread! I've been lurking, reading the new posts just not posting myself.
This weeks been my hardest to stay OP...not because of temptation, but financial....my DH doesn't get paid until the 31st, and we're flat broke, so I'm having to do with what we have in the fridge or pantry! But I've not been doing terribly. I have been keeping up with my exercise. As a matter of fact, set a goal of 2000 minutes for the month of May, and last night when I logged on to add yesterday's minutes, I was as 2049! woo hoo...I've set 2 goals this month and both have already been attained! Reaching my monthly goal weight was awesome!

Well, I'm gonna head out, gotta go to the gym early today, I don't know how long I'm gonna have to stay at the hospital today! And I sure don't want to miss a day!
Y'all take care, love you all
hope you all have great days and STAY OP

Last edited by PHinsUP!; 05-25-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

I'm down one pound this morning. I feel like this but mind over matter I'm trying to make myself feel like this. At least it is one pound in the right direction.

Bami - Ellis is right maybe they can do something fun on an evening.

Phins - Congrats on your weight loss and exercise goals. Try not to stray too far off course. As you can see it can be difficult to jump start the locomotive again. I've been perfectly good and I've lost one pound.

Sky - You so funny! I can see you spitting out the jello. Amazing how much you can really taste the sugar in things.

Everyone else - HI

I'm not going to get discourage about the one pound. I've been a little constipated the past couple of days. Not sure why I'm not doing anything different except eating cottage cheese for breakfast. The little Breakstone 5.5 oz cup. My water intake is superior. Even better than before I did the leekfest. I drink a quart of water when I wake up and a quart of water before bed and at least 3 - 4 quarts of green tea in between. My fit day yesterday was at 1300 calories. I dunno

My DS isn't finished with school until June 10. How come all your kids are almost done? He is doing karate for the talent show at school on June 2. It is taking every fiber of my being not to meddle and make sure his routine is just perfect. He doesn't want my help. I was even going to make a special CD for his music and he said no. Why do they have to grow up so fast?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Chickies.

The sun is trying to peek out here. I have a butt load (and if we're talking my butt, you know it's a lot) of work to do here.

Thanks again for all the well wishing! We got into our first disagreement over dinner last night -- I want my brother to walk me down the aisle but she has no one to. so, after about an hour, I ceased and we'll just walk down together That way we both get to be the bride the guests "ohhh and ahhh" over.

Just waiting for HB to call me all excited about the flowers. And this is why we never have any money.

No gym yesterday, but I am thinking Saturday would be best. I need to get my car inspected and re-registered at some point this week. Ugh!

Happy Hump Day all. Send some of your sunshine my way, wouldya? I am tired of this rain and gloom!
Closed Thread