Old 05-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

sounds like everyone is having a nice long weekend. I thought our long weekends were the same but they are a week apart mine was last weekend Monday was Victoria Day ( on a side note when I lived in Idaho one person i worked with her name was Victoria Day!)

Anyways - had a crappy weekend, feel somewhat down and stressed. Hubby still has no decision on his Social Security decision they said it would take a month and we called our attorney on friday and she said the courts were months behind. I was hoping to hear something so I could take some time off if he got some pay, son hurt himself at work, it is a very physically demanding 12 hour shifts and he said he loves it but tore a hip muscle so now he is off for a week or two and spending his money stupidly.Then of course when he has to go back to work he will need gas money etc. I am just tired of managing his money and want him to do it himself - so he has been arguing with me and I am like what is the point you are an adult you need to do this yourself I dont need the stress of it. Its simple, you leave enough money in your account to cover your car and insurance. I only take this on to make sure he pays his child support and I get back what i borrowed him.
So end of rant for today......... food is terrible ........... need to think more positive and I know that will help. Where the mind goes .... the man follows!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

aww ashley - hang in there - sorry you are having such a tough time. If it's SS disability - those ones are hard to get and do take a long time - so just hang in there - son needs to be responsible for himself - you can't do it forever!! (hugs sweetie)

My food was bad this weekend too - did exercise Sun and today - so that is good and haven't blown it food wise today - not going to beat myself up about it though - just start going forward and get back on track!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend!
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 270.5/270.5/175

Height: 5'7"

hey im new here also 46yr old not sure what plan if any im gonna do thinking about just tying to eat as clean as possible. looking for support and friends.
faith65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

welcome faith!

I don't follow any "plan" myself - just try to monitor what i eat and exercise at least 6 days a week..

So far lost 26 pounds for the year had a bad weekend eating and all but will get back on track.. think i gave myself the "holiday" excuse but worked yesterday anyway..
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hello to countingacct and faith65. Glad to have you popping in. I've been here a few weeks and find it very supportive.

I also wanted to send out warm thoughts to Ashley777. I completely understand the complex stress you're under with spouse's claim and son's management. My husband's been on unemployment since Sept and my oldest son would live in complete isolation if I didn't help to get him connected to friends (he's 12). The unemployment office wouldn't pay out to my husband for monts and it was very stressful. Now, we're in this bind of lose unemployment so we can finally visit his family (in Nepal) after 10 years or keep unemployment (without leaving the country for 3 weeks) and stay financial secure a bit longer. I'm trying to get in to a PhD program (for next Fall) which would end all chances for travel after that, so the clock's a tickin'.

My son is so wonderful but his status quo is a still pond. I push him (and his tornado whirlin' little brother goes with pleasure) to karate twice a week. I push him to connect with friends. I push him to brush teeth, shower (with soap, please!), and do other things. If I push and push and push for a 12 year old his future spouse won't thank me. Argh. If I don't push, he'll seriously be happy doing nothing. Argh.

I hear other ladies in their 40's and try to learn from all their great (and not-great) examples such as my older sisters, children's friends' moms, co-workers, etc. I'm known as a social butterfly, a magpie collecting people. One thing is to not have any close friends, no one "intimate", which leaves me a bit lonely.

Now-a-days, it seems too hard to find people you have enough in common with to make friends with--especially in urban areas. Everyone is just too unique. It seems like in the old villages of the old centuries, if you shared an ethnic group or religious affiliation you were all set. The bonus was if you're family. I'm weird no matter which group I'm standing with.

As for food, I went out to lunch with family and a bunch of extra kids and did pretty good. The waitress put on the dressing before reaching the table which I would have prevented and I ate two very thin long slices of pizza from the boys' table. Otherwise, a good day. I also had to modify my aerobics to heal my shoulder and seem to be doing alright without causing knee problems (so far).

With the holiday yesterday, it's a four day work-week for me. Hope you all have a good rest of week, everyone.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #216  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Uneventful weekend for us; mostly stuck around the house trying to get stuff done.

Faith, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Iarada, a lot of people I know talk about how busy they are, which indicates to me that they don't have enough time for the friends they have, much less making new friends.

Ashley, sorry to hear you are so stressed! Some people have to learn the same lesson over and over the hard way.

Counting, Good idea to ignore the number and pay more attention to how you feel.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #217  

Welcome Faith!

Thanks penguin, sillycat and Jaradajnos for the encouragement. I cant even begin to say what ajourney this SSD has been. It has now been 3 and ahalf years and the hearing in April went amazinly well as we had an attorney. They lost his file twice mailed us and said we did not turn up to the hearing we had in Jan of 2010. So I sent thema copy of the travel reimbursment showing we did go and they said oops. Then 6 months later they said once again his appeal is cancelled cause we didnt show up for the same hearing in Jan 2010 (thought i was in the twilight zone) I then told our lawyer and that is when they said they lost his file so I love how they lost his file and then blame us for some stupid thing we had already resolved. So anyways we are in the home stretch. Maybe by the end of 2011 we will have an answer.
I would love my son to manage hiss own money but when he does that then overspends and I am the one he comes to saying opps i spent my car payment can I borrow it and I don't have that kind of money. So I guess I would rather manage it then have unexpected opps I spent my car payment stupidity. I should be thankful he has a job and a car of his own I suppose! It just weird cause my daughter calls me saying her hubby works to much! One can't seem to win, although he did lose his job in Dec it is nice for them to have the overtime but she is pregnant with her 3 and has two busy little ones. Sorry for the rant but it is nice to get it off my chest.

Food was way bad yesterday, I have not ate that bad for along time, today is a new day and back on plan.

Jaradajnos - I do remember 11-13 being a bad age for boys and I had to chuckle at the comment you made about making him bath with soap. I had to do the same. Funny how different ages bring different issues. Raising kids is certainly a long hard road.

Have to run, I sure appreciate being able to let it all out here. I am wearing my summer work clothes from last year today, the pants are a bit tight after a 3 day binge and looking forward to having them fall off!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey all! Hate coming back to work after a day. I feel like summer has started and I should be out playing! I've always found it hard to be a grown up.

Didn't get any exercise in this weekend except for lawn mowing yesterday. Made some good choices on food and some not-so-good choices. Just hoping I don't gain at weigh-in this week. I did get back to my exercise this a.m with a 3 mile DVD. Always feels so good to move!

It will just be me and my younger son for supper tonight. Not sure if we will go out or not. I do plan to make good choices though.

Welcome to CountingAcct and Faith65!!! So glad you are here with us!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #219  

morning everyone so far so good not counting but have ate fairly well it could have been a much different story but I spent hours last night reading post and was so positive mood that when my stress level went sky high I did not turn to food! just owned what I did ( or what I dident do really) and started the day on a positive note with the thought I could come here in awhile.
Ashley great big long story but 3 yrs ago I stopped all support of my 25yr old son he was homeless in Washington State for a year. He hasn't been homeless since. lol He still has a lot of growing up to do even at 28. It took me a long time to learn to say " so what do YOU plan to do about that" when he came to me with a problem. hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #220  

Thanks faith, I honestly don't know what I would do if he had no job or should I say i don't know what he would do. I guess part of me feels bad his father abused him for the two years he lived with his father from age 8-10 and then once he came to live with me he hasnt heard from him since. I guess for the most part I do this for his 2 year old son. I want to make sure the child support gets paid as well cause that is over $700 a month and I still have a good relationship with his wife who he is separated from.

My nan (mom's mom)has 24 to 48 hours to live. She is 93 and the nurses where she lives said this. She has not eaten since Thursday and is extremely weak. Kind of a sad day, my mom flew out there yesterday she lives in Minneapolis. I Can't go to the funeral as it is a two day drive and cost too much to fly and I gave my mom my airmiles so she could fly there and back. My mom has been flying out 2 or 3 times a year spending 1 or 2 months at a time there helping her sister take care of her mom. The circle of life can be strange as my daughter is expecting in July, hoping that will help my mom a bit with greiving.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #221  

I did 40min UB weights followed by 30 min steady state on the TM. I think I'm going to try a short weight workout followed by the treadmill for a while and see what I think, it might be a good way to sneak some more cardio in.

Faith, I like your 'what do YOU plan to do about that!?"
Old 05-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #222  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Counting & faith- Welcome!!
Ashley- Sorry to hear about your Nan, my mother is almost 90, she barely eats. I don't know how she survives.

Big eating disaster yesterday, I knew I should have stayed away from those brownies! Back to eating clean today but still want junk food so bad, I know it will take me a couple of days to detox from the sugar. Til then I will be miserable, hubby just better steer clear of me!

Had a great weekend overall, hope everyone else did also!

It was in the 90's again, very humid but I don't mind it. Everyone complains but me. Still walked 32min. did go over calories by 300, it's hard for me to stay at my limit after two days of eating more. I have to really focus on staying on track tomorrow!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #223  

thanks patch it only took 2 yrs of counseling to get that phrase down lol!!!
I feel good about what I ate today blood sugar stayed level. have things better in control so seriously thinking of getting my ww going.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #224  

started a new thread for June.

Here's a link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-s...ml#post3872974