Old 05-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #61  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm barely waddling around with very sore legs from yesterday's kettlebells. I did 40min of light cardio then 50min of yoga to help me loosen up.

Ashley, hope they find the missing man!

FL, your walk sounds wonderful! Glad you and Kristen are doing well.

Chica, focus on the celebration not the food!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Fruitlady-I tried the soak in a hot tub and it did give me some relief for my knee. Thank you for the advice. I just assumed heat wouldn't help since it was swelled. The tub in my bathroom is so tiny that I didn't get wet above the waist at all. First bath I've sat in since I moved in last August....I'm a shower lady. It was nice.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

I have been doing badly with my eating and I decided I must count calories again. I have to get myself off this current destructive path. I am also not exercising regularly, because I haven't adjusted to my schedule change. My fault, not the schedule's fault.

Fruitlady--Yes, the more carbs (especially bread and the like) I eat, the more I crave them. I think it's because they convert to sugar so fast, it's like getting a sugar fix. And I am a sugar addict.

Annie--I've noticed how much easier it is to tie my shoes. Funny the things you don't notice 'til there's a significant change.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #64  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Beautiful day here, walked for 36min & have alot of running around to do yet. Still doing well with my eating, I'm 1 lb away from goal!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

ha ha ha - Annie and Kitteh - you are so funny - i just thought the other morning gee... it's not a struggle to get to put my sox on!
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #66  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

kitteh- I don't even eat bread or anything starchy. Carbs from fruit or junk food does it to me. I started eating lean protein w/ lunch instead of alot of fruit, I don't get bad cravings anymore.

Annie- Glad that hot bath helped your knee, it always works for me!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #67  

I'm still a little sore but at least I'm not walking fummy anymore. I thought I'd do some ballet exercises {30min} but decided that's just not my thing. I'd ment to get on the TM later but now I don't feel very well.

Happy Mom's day tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:39 AM   #68  
ugggg.....

yard work and c25k and grandson who thinks 2AM is morning makes me a very tired 45 year old...lol

first Mothers Day without Mom...feeling really blue..
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I'm still a little sore but at least I'm not walking fummy anymore.
PP-Yes, but your typing is still "fummy". Hope you are feeling better today!

Kitteh-Keep on going! You CAN get back on track. I'm struggling with the same issue.

FL-You are doing a great job staying on plan! I find when I eat sweets, etc. that I just end up wanting more. For a long time the limited amounts I allowed myself were enough. I may have to cut them out completely for a while until I reach goal.

Jules-Although time dulls the pain of losing our Mother's, we never truly stop missing them. Try to think of the good times.

Enjoyed our day trip yesterday, was so nice to be with my boys doing something fun. Did some very light hiking and had a huge lunch there, too. Eating has been completely off plan. Although last night I did bake my "light" version of my lemon cake. I've only had one small piece so far.

I REALLY need to get my annuals planted. I feel like I keep making excuses not to do it. I love working in the yard, but I am just going to keep them watered and hope to get it done by Friday. I'm afraid if I get out there today and spend a couple of hours on my knees that I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I need to work, that is #1 priority. So I'm hoping I can get a cortisone injection in my knee tomorrow and be ready to rock on Friday to plant. I'm really worried he is going to tell me not to exercise for a while. I haven't worked out since Friday, but think I still can...I'll try in the morning. But I will do what he says, as I do not want another surgery right now; I've had two on this knee already. I may plant a couple of planters this afternoon, I can do that standing up. Then do the beds Friday evening.

Otherwise, I'm taking it easy today. Probably go for Mexican later today and veg in front of the TV.

Have a lovely Momma's Day everyone!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #70  

Happy Mom's Day! My parents, Hubby and I went to a favorite resturant of Mom's for lunch. Turns out they were having a buffet. Unfortunatly they had shrimp on the buffet and Hubby got a big whiff of it before he realized. He's still not feeling very well. No idea why he's so sensitive to even just the smell of fish/seafood.

Last I heard 1100 people in Memphis were being asked to leave their homes to be safe from the rising water. The evacuation won't affect us, but not so lucky for people near the Mississippi and Wolf rivers. The Mississippi is near the flood stage at around 47 feet. They had to move our annual celebration called Memphis in May which is usually held at Riverside {Tom Lee} Park which is practically underwater.

I'm trying to talk Hubby into either making or buying me a Power Tower. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Annie, snicker. Yup, that is definatly something I would type!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #71  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hey all! Hope you're having a good Sunday/Mother's Day.

Our Chicago weekend trip went well - froze our patooties off at the Cubs game - very cold. Not prepared for it from the weather reports, but survived ... Ate way off plan - got into mini vacation mentality and am having a very very hard time reining myself in tonight.

Have a friend coming over tomorrow evening and have to clean up the house tonight - get all the trip junk put away - always seem to have piles of misc stuff around after a trip.

AUGH on eating so much. I won't weigh in tomorrow but need to see the damage in another day or two. Skipped ww meeting as we were out of town, so will be going next saturday... but need to work up the activity like crazy, I guess. And limit the overeating. This really bothers me about me.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #72  
ugggg.....

Turned out to be a beautiful day...didnt get the called for rain.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #73  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Happy Mother's Day everyone! My eating today was atrocious. However, I did go for a walk with my son. Ahh....when will I get serious?
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #74  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

why Why WHY do i keep reaching for one more thing to eat - and then another and then another?? And yet still not feel FULL? I'm drinking a lot and not feeling full. What am I looking for?

Threw on the tv and on E was an episode of Khloe and Lamar and i don't watch that but it dealt with her weight and it was interesting to me to see someone who is pretty (loaded with makeup) but gets hammered in the press for her weight when she's just a taller, solid woman - not overweight. I felt for her. I beat myself up so much but then it's just me ... not my family and the media.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #75  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

nationalparker - I guess we can be grateful that our weight issues are not plastered all over the media like a celebrity has to deal with.

However, last week when I had my event, I guess I sort of felt like that! When you see a large group of people, some of whom haven't seen you since you were thin, it is really embarrassing.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote