Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #61  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Thursday: 1315 calories, took supplements, jogged 3 miles

Felt great to run outside yesterday. I'm practicing HILLS - the 10K I'm doing in Sepetmber is very hilly and last week's race taught me a few lessons. Made it to the beach and back in about 34 minutes - had to incorporate some speedwalking up a big hall. My goal is to not stop jogging the whole time.

Still about the same on the scale - official weigh-in tomorrow. Day 3 of TOM, so hopefully some of this is gone soon. I really feel like I've been working hard since the day after Easter.

Zumba, yay for a morning to work on yourself! I also want to hit the weight machines - I do body sculpting classes but with lighter weights(3-7 lbs.) and I think I need a change. Hope it goes well for you. btw, we are once again within a few oz. of each other!

delta, great job w/ walking AND 30DS!

izza, 3 lbs? great whoosh! I hope these are catching!

Plan for today: calories under 1500, walk at lunch, Zumba tonight.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #62  
Hopeful Member

Thursday: 1215 calories, supplements, 20 min walk, 1 hr Zumba!

Only down .6 this week. Hoping some more will come off once TOM is totally over. I feel like I worked really hard this week. Average calories 1433, jogged three days, walking at lunch, etc. My tightest jeans went on this morning without my having to lie down or use a fork to zip them, so that must be progress, right?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

HI all!!!

YES Natamars!!! That is definitely progress!!!! Sometimes the scale doesn't show us much but we see that clothes are fitting better or differently....losing inches is sometimes better than losing lbs on the scale...bottom line is how we look...when you walk into a store to try on clothes they dont ask what you weight, they ask what size are you?

I have a day "off" today and I couldn't be happier. Have to learn new zumba choreo but basically I am going to be tinkering around the house and trying to relax a bit, something that I don't do much of anymore. I may take out the Jillian 30DS to get some resistance work in since I feel too lazy to go into the gym. I also feel kind of weak, not getting enough calories in I think. It was hard teaching last night, I had no energy.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Well I am Happy you guys have been working out 'cause I am that exhausted heap on the Couch.

This week has been renamed "**** Week" Seminars, meetings, go,go go,!!!!!

Needless to say.... No workouts, definately did not drink enough water, and my calories were fine through the day but where late evening heavy... with taking cutomers out.

The scale looks good, but me ... somewhat deflated.

Here's to a new week!!!!

Last edited by Izzadawn; 05-13-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #65  

Izza I think we all have weeks that we are too busy to do what we need to do as far as taking care of ourselves...I know for me the only reason I zumba as much as I do is because it is my job...if it weren't Lord only knows if I would getting my workouts in. There are nights I literally drag myself into class because I am so tired from all the other demanding things going on in my life. Cut yourself a break and hopefully you'll have a better week next week with lesss meetings.....

I am NOT getting my water in and I haven't been taking my supplements so that is my mini challenge for next week.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Just a quick flyby - I have a retreat this weekend! Was able to get 30DS done today and hoping to get some hiking in if the weather permits. They also have someone leading a yoga class, so will probably try that out! Have a great weekend everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #67  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I'm going to join in! You all are doing great
I want to be in onederland - that magical 199 is within my grasp, I have weighed in at 205 for a couple days I will continue to drink 2 liters of water per day and stay on my healthy eating with a little cheating eating plan.

I have a goal to eat breakfast daily! This is hard for me to do but I do eat breakfast most days and today I had a large yellow apple and coffee with 2% milk. I also would like to add a cup or two of herbal tea at night.
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #68  
Hopeful Member

Friday: 1790 calories, 20 min walk, no supplements

Hit horrible traffic coming home - took me 2 hours to drive 30 miles. The first 6 miles took an hour - ugh. So I was late to daycare, which is the worst feeling in the world. My son had a playdate, so I ran him over to the ballfield to meet his friend. Got home and downed a large glass of wine. DH and I had some alone time in the house - very rare! Then I just kept picking at stuff - picked at about 700 calories. Amazing how easy that is.

Debating if I'm going to run on the treadmill or outside - it's feeling humid and I can see that being an issue today. Gotta keep my calories lower today.

hydra, welcome! Once you get used to eating breakfast you won't want to do without it. I usually eat 4-5 small meals/day.

delta, have a great time at your retreat!

zumba, sorry you're feeling tired - maybe it's the lack of water? The other thing I'm noticing having a huge impact is my sleep. A few nights this week I slept 8 hours straight, and woke up on my own before my alarm. It felt WONDERFUL! I think when I wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle is when I drag.

izza, hope this week goes better for you - glad the scale was kind!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Great job everyone. I like folks writing their specifics. I have had a daily goal of 1500, 3 miles walk daily, and workout 4 times a week. In the past two weeks, I'm averaging 1550, 4 miles daily, and 4 workouts with 1.4 pounds lost. This week, I had a one, 2200 day, two 1700 days, one 1500, and three days 1200 to 1400 (average came to 1,600). I averaged 5 miles with 4 workouts. I weigh in tomorrow to see what's what. This week I also had a goal of controling and knowing how much caffeine I drink (diet mountain dew). I drank 32 oz on average which is actually way down from six months ago.

I'm continuing to look to lower caffeine and switch off this addictive mt. dew. My niece is visiting for a week and sleeps in my exercise space. I am figuring out how to get my workouts in and avoiding going over cals. Mostly planning on having my low cal days when she's away and higher with her around (still targeting 10,500 for week).

Hello to Hydra and welcome. Great to hear natamars running efforts; sounds cool. I wish I hadn't killed my knees jump roping too much or I'd get inspired and join. Zumba I like doing mini-challenges too (water's a big thing for me also). Delta you sound like an active-living person on the go a lot. Glad you got in a "flyby" here. "Hey" to everyone else.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #70  
Hopeful Member

Saturday: 1580 calories, no exercise, no supplements

You know it's going to be a lazy day when you put on pajamas at 4 o'clock! I was doing errands all day and when I got home I decided enough was enough.

iaradajnos, yay on the 1.4! Great job with your workouts!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I do my weigh in's on Sunday mornings and "wow, Nelly" I GAINED 2 pounds. I don't understand. I walked my butt off, did all my work outs, and averaged 1600 daily cals (one high, one 1700, two 1500, three below 1500). I had a high day yesterday but wasn't too worried since I'd really walked so many miles this week and saw that I'd end up averaging to lose. I can think that my TOM is soon but not so soon to allow a 2 pound gain. I'm not sure if yesterday was too much salt or something. I wasn't stressed out, either.

I decided to take all my measurements today, too. This will help me see if changes are occuring in one way that doesn't show up the other way.

I can't find my daily log from 2009 to see all the measurements, weight logs, and food log. I'll keep looking, though.

I'm looking to avoid a massive binge as a sign of "well, heck that's a bust". I'm eating a good dinner, then brushing my teeth (and going to bed early if I have to).
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #72  

Hi everybody.

Well I am holding my own at this weight and finally notice my clothes fit a bit better....still have a ways to go. I didn't eat that well today..it was mini tournament at soccer and I was a the field for hours, had a slice of pizza. Had orzo with some lamb for dinner that my husband made...some miniature chocolates for dessert. Sundays tend to be my "cheat days" but I didn't go hog wild.

My plan for the week: I will continue my low carb lifestyle but adding some berries to the mix and finally some oat bran/oatmeal. I have a recipe for these oatmeal pancakes that another instructor gave me , she swears they fill her up so much for the rest of the day..and oat bran is good for us! I'll let you all know how that goes....

I will be adding some weight lifting wednesday and Friday this week.....

I'm so afraid of feeling comfortable to getting "cocky" ...as soon as I do that I gain all the weight back.....I'm always feeling like I"m one meal away from going back to my bloated higher weight.....

Let's have a great week everybody!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #73  
Hopeful Member

Sunday: 1260 calories, 3 mi jog

No supplements, not enough water, no fruit

Hit a new low on the scale for 2011 - 133.8. My body is fighting me so hard on this! Every .2 at this point is a cause for celebration.

Am starting to enjoy the jogging outside. I made it up the big hill near my house without stopping, although I was moving so slowly walking probably would have been faster.

zumba, I'm so with you on feeling like one off meal will send me over the edge. I feel like if I can get solidly under 130 I can stay there. Let me know how the weight-lifting goes.

iaradajnos, we all have weigh-ins like that that don't make sense. Obvioulsy you didn't eat 7000 calories over what you expended, so it should be gone next week, and hopefully bring some friends with it.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #74  

Nat:..Girl congrats on hitting that low number!!! I haven't been that small since last summer and that is only because my dad died and I wasn't eating.....anyhoo people dn't realize how hard it is when you get smaller to lose the last amount of weight....the body does indeed fight us to hold on to it all...but we need to go that final stretch to get the results that we can get and that we want!!!!!!!

Well I went up a bit thanks to that pizza yesterday....but I'm keeping it in check today........refuse to undo the little bit of good that I have worked so hard for...visiting my mom tomorrow which will be a challenge because she totally doesn't understand the low carb thing....She believes if you don't eat bread you can get sick...some old fashioned thinking from the old country when people didn't have much to eat. Seeing her always does a head job on me so I hope I can keep it together emotionally..........

Iradajanos: Nat is right, we all have weeks like that. I usually blame that kind of thing on my cycle and also on bloating which I have a problem with.

Lets all have a great week everybody!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hey there - was able to get 30DS done yesterday and today. I am getting a new Jillian DVD in the mail some time this week, so I can do that when my 30 days are done! The weather is beautiful here, so I am hoping to get out for a walk this evening...
Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote