Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hey all...

I finally got the weight off that I had put on while on vacation and at easter..whew! Now my tracker is correct. Now I can work on getting the rest off....Aunt Flo paid a visit this morning which will mean more weight loss...yay.....

Went to a Lia Sophia party last night and did not touch any snacks...the hostess had out chips with salsa, cookies...nothing carb friendly. I drank a protein s hake before i went to take the edge off any hunger i may have had and not be tempted.

have a grand day everyone..its a crazy busy one for me!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! 30DS done today and yesterday. Got some extra walking in, too! At my dad's so the eating is not so great!
Have a great weekend!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #48  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Saturday: 1515 calories, did my 5K, lots of water

Hardly any fruits or veggies, no supplements

Did my second 5K yesterday! It was REALLY hard. Very hilly course. I did the first mile in 10:38, which I knew was too fast for me. My mouth was SO dry even though I had about 5 cups of water that morning(race started @ 9). Maybe nerves? Some people are recommending gum - think I'll try that next time. Doing another one the first weekend in June. Anyway, I finished in 36:07, but I walked up a lot of the hills, so I was happy.

I was sure the scale would be below 134 this morning since it was @ 135.2 last night, but nope, 134.4 this morning. Think I'm on the brink of losing - I find when my evening and morning weights don't differ much I'm getting close.

delta, great job w/ the 30ds! Have fun at your dad's.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #49  
Hopeful Member

Sunday: 1435 calories. No exercise, no supplements.

Kind of a meh day. Finally got my annuals planted. My period is starting early AGAIN - anyone else going through this? I'm normally still pretty regular but this is about the thid time in the past year that it's a week or so early and stretches out! My dr. says it could be the start of perimenopause, but I think it's kind of early for that as my mom and my sister both got their periods into their early 50's(not that I want that either!) and I just turned 43. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day. My son made me some beautiful gifts at school and DH honored my wish and did nothing food-related, and spent a lot of time cleaning and planting instead.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi folks. I'm 44 and losing about 27 pounds to get to 135. I lost 35 pounds in 09 but had health issues and the pounds crept on (helped by a broken expensive scale so I lived in unknown denial).

I'm also on the 100%/100 day challenge but natamars question about cycles and thought I'd jump on board here? I have had fluctuating cycles for a few years. It seems like when I turned 40, my body was taken away and I was issued a whole new one--without instructions. It was so dramatic. I tracked my cycles in 2009 during my year long odyssey of weight loss (I tracked practically every aspect of life that year). I had some cycles 15 days long, some 28 days, and some 40 days. As it was a pattern and I was over 40, it seemed alright. I do have also a super heavy and quick cycle which has been for about six years or so (had that checked and it's a benign issue that could be corrected if I become too irritated with the heaviness). It's quite dramatic. I can be sitting in the morning, minding my own business, then *bam* it will start. I have moments to make it to the ladies to prevent catastrope. It's happened while I've been speaking before a large audience and on tv.

I lost 1.4 pounds this past week. I weigh and summarize my week's efforts on Sundays. I averaged 1535 cals eaten per day, 3 miles walked, and completed my required four workouts (home dvds, Firm 500 Calorie Workout). I usually walked 5 miles.

This week's goals are to reduce daily caffeine amount and see if I can have two 1250 days with five 1500 days. I'm restricted on some workout movements with a shoulder injury but not so bad that I can't keep up on my dvd (had to lose the heavy wrist weights, now using 1 pounders only).
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #51  

A new week...and I get to start Level 3 on 30DS. First day done today and I decided to get a old Walk Away the Pounds walk in (I think it used to be on VHS) since it was raining out today.

Last edited by Delta Dawn; 05-09-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #52  

Hi everyone! Having computer issues so I'm on my son's puter just to check in.....this weather is absolutely amazing lately so it has put some fire under my buttooski to get serious. I'm going to start worrying more about MY workouts and less about the workouts for my students..not that i'll be doing my job any less diligently than I do now...but I really have been focusing so much on my job than taking care of me..ironic since i'm in the fitness industry.

Natamars: about your question. My periods have changed...the cycle is a little different but the actual period has changed. I don't want to go into specifics and gross everybody out.....but in our forties strange things happen....it does not necessarily mean you are in perimenopause...we are just more prone ot hormonal fluctuations...stress has a lot to do with it also. We tend to lack things nutritionally moreso now than in our younger years so that could have something to do with it. I wouldn't worry too much but definitely track your cycles and bring it up with your doctor again if they seem really abnormal. They can do lh/fsh tests and other things to see if you truly are going into menopause early. I know a few years back they did that for me when i complained about my cycle.

have a great day all..lets get to our goals and wear our cute summer clothes!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #53  
Hopeful Member

Monday: 1345 calories. Rode 3 miles with my son, jogged 1.5 miles. Took supplements.

It was way too beautiful to work out in the gym last night. My son and I rode down to the end of our road, where there's a huge pond. We saw a whole swam family, with 5 baby swans - so adorable. The weather is absolutely perfect right now.

Thanks for the input on the cycle stuff. I have been tracking lately, which I hadn't bothered to do in many years ever since DH took care of the whole birth control issue. I'll be seeing a new gyn soon. I do find that since I turned 40 taking and keeping off weight has been RIDICULOUSLY harder. NOt like incremental from one year to the next, like I hit 40 and BAM! I'm destined to be fat.

zumba. glad the weather's motivating you - hasn't it been incredible? The whole week is supposed to be gorgeous like this!

delta, I never made it to level 3 - how's it going?

iaradajnos, welcome! Sounds like you're doing great on your other challenge. 1.4 lbs. is a great loss! I cut out most of my caffeine because I found it made me more anxious at work, but I still have a little coffee on the weekends. And I also try to keep my calories between 1200-1500, although lately I've been edging on the higher end and it's not helping me.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #54  

Good morning everyone! 30DS and a walk done...
natamars - I actually like level 3 a lot better than level 2 - not as many planks! A bike ride sounds great - maybe I should get my bike out!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

When I was 41 or 42 and still in the thoroughs of the change over to an "over 40" body. I really experienced a huge switch and had so much to figure out (physical pain in many body parts, hearing drop so needed hearing aids, overwhelming cycles, plus spouse and relationship, older kids, work).

I told my 38 year old friend while chatting, "hey, get yourself in order health wise before you hit 40 because once you do, every today is easier than tomorrow." She asked for clarification. I said, "you just can't put off anything thinking it'll get easier because we're on the decline. We can't expect to have more of anything by waiting because we won't."

A year later she told me how incredibly depressing she thought that was but she went on from that to join a women's rugby team and start other things for herself. I didn't mean to be depressing. I thought it was a positive motivator.

Planning my week to stay on track. Today I've had great low-cal meals and will get lots of walking in. I need two low-cal days to make up for a higher day yesterday due to unexpected travel around town.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #56  

Hi all.....I finally had a "'swoosh" with my weight...I think it was due to emotional stuff but it was a pleasant surprise to see the scale down to a place it hasnt' been in months...NOW to keep going.......

All this over forty talk is depressing but the truth. If I had worked out this hard in my twenties I'd probably look like a bikini model. In your forties you do double the work for HALF the results. I don't even want to know what fifty is like...I'll probably just give up by then...LOL.....BUT here we are and we all sound like women that care about our health and are NOT giving in to the problems that come with age if we can help it......Eating well and exercise is not just about looking slimmer at this point, we need to stay healthy so that we aren't the 60 year olds getting diabetes or being put on meds for bp and cholesterol, etc. I don't want to be trying to lose weight when I'm a senior.......I'll have other things to worry about at that point of my life. I recently met a women in her fifties that works out every day and told me that going through menopause has been a breeze since she is in such good health. Not sure if her fitness really did have anything to do with that but its something to think about.

Okay my mini challenges for the day...get my supplements down! I have Zumba this morning and the rest of the day to get started on planting and other stuff that I keep putting off...my life is a never ending to do list..!! Still doing the low carb thing, will make chicken soup today for family and I'll just have the broth.....also cooking up some cabbage with bacon....have to get my vegetables down somehow!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #57  
Hopeful Member

Tuesday: 1695 calories, 20 minute walk, no supplements

Cramps kicked my a$$ all day yesterday - Advil didn't even help. Made it out for a 20-minute walk at lunch. Didn't get home until almost 7(soccer practice straight from work) and just wanted to lie on the couch. Felt sorry for myself and had some comfort stuff, like a glass of wine and a blueberry organic toaster pastry(which, face it, is a glorified pop-tart).

Debating between a jog and body sculpting class tonight. My weight has been the same since last Friday, so thinking the cardio might be better. TOM is not helping!!

Zumba, yay for your swoosh! Send some vibes my way!!

iaradajnos, hope the rest of your day went well.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Had a wee swoosh 3 lbs down!!! and this is eating more !!!!

I'm liking it !!!!
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #59  

Yay to those swooshing!
Was able to get 30DS done yesterday and doing it again this morning when my daughter is done watching a movie - she was up at 5:30 a.m.! Was able to get lots of walking in yesterday. Have a great day!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #60  

Hello all....Sounds like everyone is doing well with their workouts.

Natamars: cut yourself a break girl....we have exhausting lives and there are nights we all want to just collapse on the couch and have an organic pop tart...I've been there trust me. Its hard to keep juggling it all, I for one feel very overwhelmed with all the things going on at kids school, etc.

I'm happy to say that I quit one of my jobs yesterday, it was a class that wasn't making me happy anymore because i worked for a dope....so now my wednesday mornings are FREE for ME to workout for ME. I plan on hitting those weights starting next week.

I'm losing weight (my appetite has diminished some bc of emotional stuff that I'm going through) but it doesn't seem like I've lost inches and it all looks kind of crappy...a big bag of cellulite..gotta tighten this junk which was part of this challenge for me.....7 more weeks until June 21....is that enough time to build muscle? I wonder.....atleast I'm getting smaller........

Have a great day everyone...it looks like another lovely spring day, except for the dang pollen which has turned my car and all my patio furniture yellow....