Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #136  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

129.6 this morning!!! Yayy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I normally only update my tickers on Friday, but I had to see that 12x.x!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Height: 5'6"

Bravo Good for you Nat !!!!

I was reading your posts for the last couple days and Zumba I know exactly was you mean about the binge... I have a horrible craving after my cycle for carb and sugar ... ironicly this is the time of the month when I am the lightest so I am still trying to figure out if I am sabotageing myself or if there is something hormonal going on that causes these cravings.... regardless my last binge will take me two weeks to work off.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Way to go NAT!!! You worked hard to get to that number...very proud of you girl!!!

I'm holding steady at one lb. above goal...the fluctuation stuff is cRAZY...defiitely has to do with bloating.....I need to get down LOWER , this isn't where I want to stay...but I"m happy for the six lbs that I did lose in this challenge.....and it ISN"T OVER YET..so who knows what kind of progress we can make until June 21!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #139  
Hopeful Member

Happy 1st Day of Summer, everyone!

I'mgoing to count my Friday weight of 129.4 as my official ending weight for this challenge, so down 10.4!!. I'm up about a lb. right now from this weekend - I ate out 3 times. Mostly made good choices, so am hoping this is water and will be gone by Friday's weigh-in.

Since yesterday I've been loosely following the first phase of the 17 Day Diet. Eating very clean, protein, veggies and some fruit. If I followed it perfectly it could probably take me to goal,but I think I'll be a bit more relaxed and let it take a bit longer. I'll have some off-plan things coming up.

Are we doing another challenge? Planning to focus on clean eating and exercise through the summer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's results!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #140  

WELL HERE WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First day of summer and the end of this challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy to say that I actually made some progress in this challenge. I reached my goal of 135 last week or so but unfortunately due to stress fell back into some bad habits so today my weight is 137.4..that makes me 2.4 lbs over my goal....I know that it is due to bloat also (sodium)..SO I'm going to count the other day's weigh in of 136 as my final weigh in.....which means I have lost 6 lbs!! Quite an accomplishment for me.

NATAMARS what can I say girl, you have been my buddy through all of this....I"m so inspired by your dedication....bravo girl....10.4 lbs is AMAZING.....btw I tried the 17 day diet not too long ago...it is very healthy, just didn't work for me...not sure why but I do better on higher protein. Still, it's a great program and it should get you to your new goal!!

Okay....we need another challenge, this one may be a shorter one....Fourth of JULY????
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #141  
Hopeful Member

We did so great this challenge! Yay us!!

I'm up for a July 4th challenge. I'm teetering right on the edge of 130 - 129.6 this morning - and I've been sabotaging myself a bit. Why? Thinking the 17-day diet is too restrictive - it's short-term so it shouldn't matter, but I added a roll, 6 bite-size chocolates, and a fudgsicle to the healthy food I packed yeterday - I'm rebelling! What I HAVE been doing is not eating anything at night, so I think that balances it out. May look into the intermittent fasting, because I've been kind of naturally doing this anyway - eat most of my calories while at work, and only save 100-200 for evenings.

I also need to be better on exercise. Didn't work out Friday-Monday because of plans. Haven't run in a week. It's getting really humid so I will have to move it back to the treadmill when the weather doesn't cooperate.

What are your goals for 7/4?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #142  

Nat the 17 day diet was leaving me hungry and miserable..the only good thing that came out of that was the probiotic cottage cheese really was good for the digestion...but that's about it..but I dont' want to discourage you......

the best advice a trainer ever gave me was to stop eating past six o'clock..i fetl this was a bit too restrictive so I made it seven...eating a heavier meal at lunch and a lighter dinner early in the evening really was helping me lose weight. I'm not sure if that was because the body could metabolize better during sleep or what....This works well with people that go to bed at a decent hour...
Old 06-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 140/136/115

Height: 5ft. 3in.

I want to join the summer challenge. I already joined the July 4th challenge but thought I would do a little bit longer of a goal as well. I want to consistently use my Wii Just Dance and Wii Country Dance at least 4 days a week through the summer. If I make my goal I'm going to buy myself a Kinect September 28th because I know it's better but don't want to spend the money if I'm not really going to use it. So 3 months should be a good amount of time to see if I can keep it going. I've had my Wii a long time but get excited about using it and then falter in the past but I was using Dance Dance Revolution then and it was hard to watch the TV and the pad where my feet were at the same time. So far I like the Just Dance a lot better just using the Wii Remote.
mfreetofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 140/136/115

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Oops, just realized this isn't a summer challenge but a first day of summer challenge. Oh well, I'll keep my goal anyway. Sorry for the confusion. Newbie here still trying to figure these things out :-)
mfreetofly is offline   Reply With Quote