Old 04-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Have been doing well with exercise - it has been snowing/raining again, so I haven't made it outside for extra walking. And yesterday was a no willpower with the sugar day - hoping to get back control today!
Zumbachica...it is the Jilllian Michaels DVD. I have done it before - I don't usually lose much weight, but I can really tell a difference with how clothes fit!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #17  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Wednesday, what went well: kept calories under 1500(1485)

What didn't go well: let myself eat what I wanted due to blood donation, so had 500 calories in cookies(surprising how easy that is to do!), missed supplements, no exercise(had planned a rest day), only 3463 steps

Plan for today: Keep calories closer to 1300, Zumba class tonight
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Nat: yes, so easy to have cookies but Bless your heart for donating blood!

Delta: You're inspiring me to take out that DVD!! I do enough cardio but really need something to tighten the junk!

Jules, good for you for walking at work!!! we need to get movement into our day whenever we can!!!

Izza..we would miss you too!! glad you're sticking around!!!!!! we need your support!!

Well.......today is one year since my Dad died...really having a hard time with it. I binged last night on some ice cream...miraculously this gave me a stomach ache so the binge didn't last very long....not having an easy time emotionally lately but the one thing I can control is what I shove in my pie hole....SO I'm hanging in there albeit hard to do.

have a good day all.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #19  
Hopeful Member

Thursday: what went well: 1335 calories, Zumba class, 9266 steps, took supplements

Could be better: not enough fruit and veggies and water

Shopping for some blueberries and grapes this weekend to get more fruit in. Also planning on huge salads and grilled chicken for lunch every day.

Running my 5K tomorrow - will stop by the health food store tonight for some portable snacks.

Zumba, yesterday must have been a tough day for you. I hope things get better soon. btw, do you realize you and I are always within like 2 lbs. of each other, lose or gain? I think if one of us could just break this cycle, the other would miraculously follow!!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Day 4...
My "skinny" clothes are bagged up and in the attic, waiting for my Memorial Day test try-on.
No junk, no picking or unscheduled snacking/late-night eating.
Every calorie counted.
Down 3 pounds.
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #21  

It was finally nice weather here again - so, I got in the extra stroller walking. Exercise DVD done and doing well with avoiding the sugar (so far!). Looking forward to a relatively quiet weekend...
Old 04-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #22  
Hopeful Member

Friday, what went well: 1415 calories. Went shopping for running shoes(very cool, they videotaped me on the treadmill to analyze my stride) so I was not home for pizza night. Took supplements.

Needs improvement: only 5366 steps, still not enough fruit

I was down 1.5 on the scale from yesterday - couldn't stop peeing last night! I'm home from my 5K. Very pleased - finished in exactly 35 minutes. There were a few points where I had to walk because it was so crowded, and I walked up a few steep hills, so I was jogging faster than a 12-minute mile. I'd been doing more like 13-14 minutes per mile on the treadmill, so I'm please. LOVE the new shoes I got last night - no shin pain at all, feel much more stable.

I'm already at almost 1100 calories for the day, so I'm sure I'll be higher today.

flippy, YAY on the 3 lbs!

delta, have you cut out sugar completely? Are you having withdrawl at all? I feel for my health I'd be better cutting it totally, and I've done it for weeks at a time, but it's hard!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #23  

natamars - Great job on the 5K! I have not cut out sugar completely, but just being mindful of it and cutting it down.

Was excited that the rain stopped this afternoon and I got out for a walk with the kids.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #24  
Hopeful Member

Saturday, what went well: 5K race, 17125 steps for the whole day

Could be better: forgot supplements, not enough water, 1700 calories, only 1 fruit and 1 vegetable all day

So now I'm looking for all the 5K's in my area to try to do some more! there are a bunch of charity ones this time of year.

Going shopping today for lots of healthy food, esp. fruits and stuff to make a huge salad for the week.

delta, I'm working on cutting sugar down too. I definitely find that the more I eat, the more I want. Trying to limit it to mostly a few small pieces of dark chocolate a day(hey, it's antioxidants!).

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #25  

Hello chickies!!

Hi NAT!! My friend did a 5K today, i wonder if it was the same one as you!!! Way to go girlfriend. You sound like you have it together. Keep up the great work !!!!

Flippy: Let's try on those summer clothes Memorial Day and feel all "that"...

Bad weekend for me. My brother was sent to the hospital on the one year anniversary of my dad's death! Winds up he has an ulcer, high bp and a heart beating too fast......on meds. This does not surprise me. He and his wife both eat total CRAP...are overweight and don't work out. Even though they are both young they look much older than their years...the body can just take so much abuse. My mother is besides herself since my brother was and always will be her "baby"...she isn't well herself so I tried calming her down, not possible. She needs to be on meds and won't take them for her anxiety. She becomes abusive towards me when she has these "episodes". So what does that mean ? I had a nice big soft pretzel at my son's soccer game and a few donuts on teh drive home from my abusive , out of control visit with my mother. How the **** can I take care of myself when I am surrounded by craziness??? Sorry to unload here but I need to justify eating those donuts...LOL...although there is no excuse. Skinny people have problems too, they just don't turn to food to cope.

Oh well, here's hoping to a better day tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #26  

Delta: using stevia helped big time with me on the no sugar .....
Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #27  
Hopeful Member

Sunday, what went well: 1400 calories, 45 min ellipical, 10110 steps

Could be better: not enough fruit and veggies

Ran around getting all the crap done that I didn't on Saturday. My son had a great soccer game - they were actually told not to score anymore because they were beating the other team 4-0, so every time they did after that(this had never happened before, so they didn't quite get it), the other team got to take a penalty kick.

Zumba, the 5K I did was at the Bronx Zoo - really fun! There's another one in my town this Saturday that I think I'm going to sign up for as well. I think it's addictive!

I'm so sorry about the problems with your family. Did your brother take this as a wake-up call at all, or does he refuse to see the connection between lifestyle and health? Did your mom actually get a prescription or she won't even do that? I have some meds that I carry around with me for anxiety attacks. I've taken them maybe 20 times since I got them three years ago, but just knowing they're in my purse can often help me work through it. They can also be taken every day if someone's going through an extremely stressful event, but they can be very addictive apparently. Totally understand turning to food when stressed. And it does actualy make you feel better in the moment - so frustarting. I try to project to how I will feel after, but it doesn't always work.

I dreamt that I was eating HUGE M&M and chocolate chip cookies. No matter how many I ate, they were still as warm as if they'd just come out of the oven. I was trying to figure out how to count the calories for them when dh woke me up(at 4AM!) to tell me bin Laden was dead. Great news, but I really could've waited a few more hours to hear that.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #28  

I am impressed with you 5K runners! I am not sure that I could run around the block right now! Did you do the C25K program? My husband started it this month.
Zumbachica - thanks for the Stevia idea!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #29  

Nat: Bronx zoo? sounds like a really fun run...

My mother refuses to take anything for her nerves...the doctor went as far as to tell her that she needed to see a psychiatrist. She would rather just make me miserable. Dealing with it the best way that I can today by not dealing it. I've chosen not to speak to my family for the time being for my own mental state.

My weight is back up but I know that I haven't been eating well this past weekend plus PMS time is here...onward we go.....back on the low carb bandwagon......

have a good day all....
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #30  
Hopeful Member

Monday, what went well: 1085 calories(was running around and didn't have time to eat), 1 hr. body sculpting

Needs to improve: No supplements, no cardio, only 2826 steps(yikes), still need more fruits and veggies

Zumba, families can be like that. You need to take care of your own health and sanity first. I'm sure the weight will come back off quickly. I'm back under 135 the last few days - the water weight from the Chinese food and excess carbs took over a full week to flush out - need to remember that before I panic next time.